Battlefield: Bad Company 2 | (30 Sep.) Mp. Gameplay Trailer

A handful of us from the Red Faction thread are going to play some BFBC2 tonight at 10pm EST. If any other CAGs are interested in joining us please send me a friend request!

This is probably the best console multiplayer game ever. I've sunk a ton of time into this game already and dont see myself slowing down anytime soon.

I'll be at the next CAG night for sure...

ughh...got stuck in a game with a "constant reviver" last night. We were getting hammered by a heli and I was stuck as a medic. I wanted to switch to engineer and take it out. God bless him, but he just wouldn't let me die.

[quote name='carbontiger']Maybe he watched Band of Brothers one too many times, idk. Messaging is a pain in the ass on psn. But I get your point now, 8bit[/QUOTE]

people like that only care about the 50 points they are getting for reviving you and nothing else. they arent team players. but if you think that is bad, its worse in fucking hardcore cuz they will team kill you, take the minus 15 and then revive for the positive 50 and keep doing it. those are times i wish i had the super power to punch my tv and have my fist come through theirs and punch them in the face.

if you have the messenger kit (got mine for 30 sealed) its real easy. I click it on, since I never connect it to the controller, hit one button, scroll to recent met players, and I'm texting at about 30 wpm.

I don't text that often, but I play SFIV a lot so theres always people talking shit via text on that game

[quote name='kurrptsenate']if you have the messenger kit (got mine for 30 sealed) its real easy. I click it on, since I never connect it to the controller, hit one button, scroll to recent met players, and I'm texting at about 30 wpm.

I don't text that often, but I play SFIV a lot so theres always people talking shit via text on that game[/QUOTE]

I started looking for one once this topic came up but the cheapest I see it for is $48. Seriously? For a tiny keyboard you clip on a controller? Where'd u get it for $30?

[quote name='carbontiger']I started looking for one once this topic came up but the cheapest I see it for is $48. Seriously? For a tiny keyboard you clip on a controller? Where'd u get it for $30?[/QUOTE]

You could always go the regular keyboard approach. Get a usb or wireless keyboard. $15 the most.

[quote name='Megiddo_CAG']You could always go the regular keyboard approach. Get a usb or wireless keyboard. $15 the most.[/QUOTE]
true

btw, are we even getting a game night goin? Judging by the google doc, sunday seems to be the best night for everyone.

(ot. just saw the vid for red dead's mp...very cool. Posses!!)

[quote name='carbontiger']true

btw, are we even getting a game night goin? Judging by the google doc, sunday seems to be the best night for everyone.

(ot. just saw the vid for red dead's mp...very cool. Posses!!)[/QUOTE]

We should start picking game nights, maybe make a dedicated thread for it? Although this thread seems fine, but OP has gone awol?

I'll be on in a few.

okay...just got the game...getting ready to probably go die a few time tonight. Anyone going to put something together as a CAG clan?

I have to look into how a clan would work with the party system. I should be getting my copy on Tuesday.

For now just talk to Megiddo.

[quote name='jmbreci']okay...just got the game...getting ready to probably go die a few time tonight. Anyone going to put something together as a CAG clan?[/QUOTE]

Pretty difficult getting a CAG clan together for this game. Most people in one squad is 4 people. But we do get together some night and get some games going. I have a google docs to edit to put your info in and I can add you later.

Anyone want to try to get a 'Private Match' started to help each other get a trophy they're having a hard time getting?

If we could get 8 guys 4 on 4 (it says you need that many to start) then I suggest we use Knives, C4 & Road kills, ONLY

that would help people get "Knife 5 friends" and "20 Demolish Kills" and the road kill pins ?

[quote name='Romis']Anyone want to try to get a 'Private Match' started to help each other get a trophy they're having a hard time getting?

If we could get 8 guys 4 on 4 (it says you need that many to start) then I suggest we use Knives, C4 & Road kills, ONLY

that would help people get "Knife 5 friends" and "20 Demolish Kills" and the road kill pins ?[/QUOTE]

trophies dont unlock in private matches big guy.

[quote name='Romis']Anyone want to try to get a 'Private Match' started to help each other get a trophy they're having a hard time getting?

that would help people get "Knife 5 friends" and "20 Demolish Kills" and the road kill pins ?[/QUOTE]

As mentioned by 8bit, can't unlock trophies in private matches. If we could designate some CAG Game nights, get a schedule going. We could probably get these trophies easily without having to boost like that.

I am playing with a few CAGs, if anyone else is on, hit me up with an F/R or something and I could send you an invite, or join my game.

I'll probably be getting on tonight between 830-9pm Central. Prefer a squad with MICs since the only two matches I have been with have been silent.

Need someone to show me the ropes and the levels....and I'm smart enough not to let Madder drive....but he can be the wingman. :)

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Hit me up, I can be on at anytime. All I need is the house demos. I will help out anything else though.[/QUOTE]

lucky shot on the stationary rpg vs heli?

[quote name='enufs8d']lucky shot on the stationary rpg vs heli?[/QUOTE]

easiest place to do this is at atacama or whatever its called on conquest. the huge ass map with all the vehicles. take a humvee into the back of the enemies base. each base has a stationary AT and to the right the heli spawns. blow a hole into the side of the garage the stationary AT is in and camp there until the heli spawns. when it does, its always taken with in a few minutes, so as soon as you see someone hop into the heli, run to the stationary AT and blast it through the hole you made for the trophy.

[quote name='jmbreci']I'll probably be getting on tonight between 830-9pm Central. Prefer a squad with MICs since the only two matches I have been with have been silent.

Need someone to show me the ropes and the levels....and I'm smart enough not to let Madder drive....but he can be the wingman. :)[/QUOTE]
Hey hey hey, I wasn't even subbed to this thread before the crap talk about my driving. I'm 1 in 10 with driving so far. There's always the off chance that I'll run us through a spectacular tank rush that just is like OMGly like I did with Hito the other night.

First (and only game so far) went well. Starting to get the hang of things though it's pretty different from MW2. Going to have to remap the controls, if it's possible.

[quote name='8bitArtist']ill be on for a good bit playin hardcore. squad up if interested.[/QUOTE]

i hate hardcore. haha

sorry didnt respond to your message earlier. i was stuck with anorewices boosting demo kills. unfortunately, the other team had people that didnt know to how take down buildings and didn't have extra c4 and extra power perks. i was lucky to get my shit in before it all went to hell.

i hate normal. i dont like the kill cam and people are bullet sponges in normal. if 5 of my bullets go into you, you shouldnt still be running around.

[quote name='enufs8d']i hate hardcore. haha

sorry didnt respond to your message earlier. i was stuck with anorewices boosting demo kills. unfortunately, the other team had people that didnt know to how take down buildings and didn't have extra c4 and extra power perks. i was lucky to get my shit in before it all went to hell.[/QUOTE]

lol, ya some of those guys were dumb.

[quote name='jaydepps']This game is easily one of the best games I have played. If anyone wants to play let me know.[/QUOTE]

It is, just edit your info in the Google docs, link in my sig. Sent you an F/R.

i was playing with zenprime and randy. after the first match, i got booted from the squad despite getting ace and gold squad. asked randy for a squad invite. he said that hes full. thats messed up. i spent the rest of next match running since everyone else was full.

Flying through the campaign, having a blast. Medium difficulty is fairly easy, though I have come across a few frustrating moments. My primary concern/dislike with the game is the AI. My teammates are incredibly dumb...they take bullets and don't die, but provide absolutely no cover fire, nothing. It's a fair trade off I guess, fun game. Looking forward to jumping online tonight hopefully.

[quote name='Methadon']Feel free to hit me up anytime I'm online.[/QUOTE]

We should get some games in later tonight. We dominate on squad rush, but than again all you really need is 4 guys no matter how bad to win some squad rush games.

[quote name='Megiddo_CAG']We should get some games in later tonight. We dominate on squad rush, but than again all you really need is 4 guys no matter how bad to win some squad rush games.[/QUOTE]

I played Squad Rush(and Deathmatch for that matter) enough times to get the pin and be done. I'm not a big fan of either. I don't see the point in playing them unless you're bored of the other modes, they are just so much more interesting! Granted maybe I wasn't playing Squad Rush with the right people =P And Deathmatch I only join if I'm invited, otherwise I just leave it alone.

Playing the campaign now, then gonna get online later.

Edit: Anyone have any advice for shooting down Apaches? Seems like once they are in the air there is no stopping them.

Last edited by a moderator:
After starting out last night by getting into a Heli with someone who parallels what my 3 year old could drive like, the night was not bad. We made 1 pass on the objectives and he nose-dived the heli into the ground - epic fail to say the least.

Guess I have to say that if I am playing without teammates on a mic, I much prefer Rush to Conquest. I may be on later this afternoon or tonight after 830pm Central.

So i've got most of the trophies for this game. The only one i think i will have trouble getting is the knife 5 friends one. I dont believe you can get these in a private match, but if anyone is interested i'd like to put some coordination into getting this one. Toss me a FR and send me a message and we can work something out.

thanks 8bitartist. i finally got the stationary rpg on conquest - desert. i was jumping for joy when i got it. it was the only obstacle i had to getting platinum.

bread's done
Back