Battlefield: Bad Company 2 | (30 Sep.) Mp. Gameplay Trailer

[quote name='NamPaehc']I played some last night, was a bit dead. Barely enough for 2 squads in the rounds I played in. Anyone else coming back for the "new content" and then the DLC?[/QUOTE]
I still hop on every now and then. I will definitely be playing this week after the update.

I'm thinking about coming back in after tomorrows update. I haven't played since June, but the new maps, then the Vietnam expansion have me pretty excited.

the new maps are great (heavy metal, harvest day, oasis,etc...)

DOES ANYONE KNOW if the Vietnam DLC will apply to onslaught mode?

or is it just a multiplayer pack?

I started playing again. Just got lvl 8 and been trying to unlock the rest of the weapons/gadgets. Have fun all.

[quote name='jdioutkast']I will probably hop back on to check out the new maps, and i still need that demo man trophy.[/QUOTE]
Good games last night man. Sorry I had to jet.

leveling up in this game is freakin hard man. but i love it, i think its the best FPS there is, especially with onslaught mode added

which reminds me to remind anyone if they know: IS VIETNAME ONLY FOR MULTIPLAYER? or is it also for onslaught mode? cuz obviously the new map packs are only for multiplayer (no onslaught).

[quote name='chrislisting']leveling up in this game is freakin hard man. but i love it, i think its the best FPS there is, especially with onslaught mode added

which reminds me to remind anyone if they know: IS VIETNAME ONLY FOR MULTIPLAYER? or is it also for onslaught mode? cuz obviously the new map packs are only for multiplayer (no onslaught).[/QUOTE]

Something tells me there will eventually be Onslaught modes.

yeah, but i wouldnt get it unless it definitely is...i agree with both, initially i think itll just be multiplayer with onslaught down the line, but id have to have onslaught support to get it, like i wouldnt play multiplayer that much for retro styling only

I can't wait for Vietnam. I was really liked 1943 and this looks a lot like it. Are all the guns ironsight only?

[quote name='JMEPO']I can't wait for Vietnam. I was really liked 1943 and this looks a lot like it. Are all the guns ironsight only?[/QUOTE]

I believe so yes.

Gameplay footage of Vietnam!

BFBC2V

Seriously looks great. I HOPE they keep the maps coming though.

Who all is coming back? I've been warming up and it is fun picking on the lower level guys still learning the ropes. Till a level 2 stabs me in the back. :roll:

stark, veld and stine have been playing again. i sold mine awhile ago but they are bugging me to get it again cuz they are going to be picking up vietnam.

since i bought it new and sold it, as long as i still have all the save data on my ps3, can i buy used and still use my old vip code? id hate to have to possibly buy new again.

starkat - 6 months ps3 hiatus due to ylod. finally got a new 160 and a 320 move. unfortunately, i lost all my saves. luckily, it doesnt matter for BF online play!

despite 400+ mine kills, i still long to plant more ide's

[quote name='8bitArtist']since i bought it new and sold it, as long as i still have all the save data on my ps3, can i buy used and still use my old vip code? id hate to have to possibly buy new again.[/QUOTE]

All that info is tied to your PSN/EA account, so yeah you can get a used copy and use that and still get all the VIP perks.

Just picked up this game. Had played BC1 so not a complete noob but still learning the maps. Gonna plan to pick up Vietnam too. Anyone up for a gameshare when it comes out?

Btw, add me as a friend:). I have a headset. PSN ID: Bored_Doc.

Vietnam is live and holy shit is it a riot. I really need to learn how to fly the helicopters, the Huey is a fucking demon.

Is it me or does the online play seem light (not many people)? Guess its due to being released during a weekday maybe.
Seems like until I get use to the maps those snipers are gonna be a pain.

[quote name='NamPaehc']All that info is tied to your PSN/EA account, so yeah you can get a used copy and use that and still get all the VIP perks.[/QUOTE]

I guess this applies for me as well, recently swapped the old hdd from ps3. Kinda worried that I lost my vip code, but it seems like I have nothing to worry about. Thanks

[quote name='Halo05']Vietnam is live and holy shit is it a riot. I really need to learn how to fly the helicopters, the Huey is a fucking demon.[/QUOTE]

that thing is made of glass

Part of the problem I guess is that there is no tracer darts, so to balance that out they made it so the normal weapons can damage the chopper.

[quote name='enufs8d']that thing is made of glass[/QUOTE]

It is. Playing the first day that Vietnam went live, it seemed like people just ignored the chopper until it shredded them. Now I'm constantly shooting them down with my M60. Oh well, it'll probably get tweaked.

Does anyone else's stats vanish on the main menu? I played for a while today and at the main menu, I went to see what all had unlocked only to find that it looks like I haven't played MP at all. It still has my single player progress and my dogtags from knife kills but nothing about favorite weapons and various badges that have unlocked while playing.

your stats will come back dont worry. i played and gold starred my m10, then it went back to silver, so i went to gold it again and then i ended up with 175 kills with it. so even though it reverted back temp to silver, it still saved all my kills.

also, stark, i brought this game back to gamestop today so i wouldnt get charged for it. ill buy it used again once that new map comes out. i got all the trophies except for the hidden 1 and the 50 huey kills. fuck that one.

I am a major Warhawk player and considering this one. Just curious as I heard you have to pay $10 to play online, is that included in the LE or UE or $10 no matter what? Trying to decide if I buy used cheap or get UE if it covers it all.

[quote name='converse']I am a major Warhawk player and considering this one. Just curious as I heard you have to pay $10 to play online, is that included in the LE or UE or $10 no matter what? Trying to decide if I buy used cheap or get UE if it covers it all.[/QUOTE]

The $10 is for a VIP code, which is included in all new copies. The VIP code allows access to a few maps, as well as gameplay variants on certain maps. Without the code, you can still play online. I think most players, myself included, will admit that the VIP code wasn't really worth $10 until recently, when they actually released a real map pack. Now that it includes those newest maps, its definitely worth spending an extra $10.

The LE was just the first print of the game, and included early access to a few weapons. The UE includes BF 1943, and some, if not all, of the DLC.

Thanks for the input. $18 used @ GS + $10 for the online makes it worth picking up for $29.99 new on Amazon when you factor all of the other stuff added in. I want to pick up two so my nephews can play online with me too, so every dollar counts.

just got the ultimate edition. First time I played since the beta. Man its just as fun. Im not an avid FPS gamer but I like the feel of the game.

Is the new DLC worth a look?

[quote name='cheap from birth']just got the ultimate edition. First time I played since the beta. Man its just as fun. Im not an avid FPS gamer but I like the feel of the game.

Is the new DLC worth a look?[/QUOTE]

Yes it is

no time no see anorexicwes.

cheafrombirth - vietnam yes. onslaught not so much. its great with 4, otherwise frustrating.

[quote name='enufs8d']no time no see anorexicwes.

cheafrombirth - vietnam yes. onslaught not so much. its great with 4, otherwise frustrating.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it has been. I sold my PS3 to GS when they had that 200 buck credit a few months ago so I could get the Halo reach xbox and all the other reach stuff. I miss MAG a lot, you still play?

I picked this up and I picked up Vietnam too, vietnam ironically has enough stuff to make it seem like a different game.

I feel like theres more lag in Vietnam than regular Bad Co for some reason.

finally got a chance to try out vietnam, however it seems buggy. stats are all over nd I don't understand skill rating at all. also, how come I can't use mortar attacks? I can see other people using it.

i never understood skill rating since day 1. i dont have any help for mortars because i can use them fine.

hustletron - i completely agree that vietnam feels like a different game. its so atmospheric and periodic, especially the music.

anorexicwes - i haven't played mag for a while. i want to pick up it again with my move controller. i wonder how wonky that will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
New map unlocked on consoles.

It's safe to say that 2010 ended with a bang for the whole Battlefield community. December has been a month in which Battlefield: Bad Company 2 really proved it's weight as a first class FPS game with 4 additional new maps in Map Pack 7 and with the release of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam, players received a total of 9 brand new maps to play on.
The Community Challenge was won by the PC players who managed to reach the 69 million mark first of all three platforms.
But, since we want to start this new year with a big of a bang as we ended it, we are enabling Operation Hastings for the PS3 and Xbox 360 as of today!
So cancel all your plans, turn on your tv's, fire up your consoles and let the Battle For Hastings begin!

[quote name='dejeckt']finally got a chance to try out vietnam, however it seems buggy. stats are all over nd I don't understand skill rating at all. also, how come I can't use mortar attacks? I can see other people using it.[/QUOTE]

press right on the D-Pad, all sniper classes have it already equipped

m1garand - yea I finally figured it out. recon class seems a bit too overpowered.

anyone have funny moments in Vietnam yet?

once I saw a Huey getting shot down over my head and the next thing I notice is this dude parachuting down and knifing me (sure I died but nonetheless awesome)

another time is I jumped out of a Huey to place TNT on a tank and getting 4 kills out of that maneuver.

thought I should share, too bad there isn't a cag game night

[quote name='dejeckt']m1garand - yea I finally figured it out. recon class seems a bit too overpowered. [/QUOTE]

i think i wont be the only one to completely disagree with that statement. snipers are much less prevalent in vietnam than in the regular MP mode.

no silent sniper rifles, no special spotting scopes, not wearing a ghillie suit, etc...

[quote name='cheap from birth']played Vietnam and now my stats are gone ...:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Should be back in time, sorry everyone has had to deal with that but they should be safe.

yeah that stat gltch is annoying but what can yo do. gotta learn to live with it untill its patched up

Anyway, the Vietnam DLC is awesome. IMO its so much better than the original multiplayer

I have a question about smoke grenades; do they have no effect in close range situations? Lately I've been experimenting with smoke grenades and was wondering if they offer any viable concealment when rushing into a building. Whenever I use a smoke grenade in close quarters it seems everything is still highly visible. Any tips on how to use smoke grenades? For now I'm basically using it as an emergency shotgun and concealing mcom stations when charged.

bread's done
Back