Battlefield Bad Company 2; Vietnam (1200 points) out; plus 4 new free maps

[quote name='ZForce915']I'm considering jumping into this game based on the great things I've heard. Do you think I'm too late to the party at this point or will I be able to jump in and survive?

Are there any cheaters/mods/glitches that are bringing this game down like MW2? I completely avoided that game because of the cheaters.[/QUOTE]

You can jump in and play... do realize though weapon wise you will start gimped.

There are not any cheats/mods/glitches that affect gameplay. As for comparisons, there are alot of people that abuse weapons that need balancing i.e. M60+MGN AMMO + Red Dot. I have also seen an influx of MW2 players... you can tell them by their play style i.e. not dropping ammo/med/etc and not helping with the team such as disarming bombs, capturing flags, etc and lastly sitting back trying to snipe (the worst part is that 30% of all snipers suck at sniping).

[quote name='DarkRider23']The game seems to always be against me.[/QUOTE]

MY problem is that my team is always doing things to make us lose. For example, I'll be repairing a tank. When it reaches 100% some jackass will jump into the tank and take it to its death in less than 10 seconds when I've been in it for 5 minutes having killed numerous tanks. It has happened about 3 times the last map I was on. Not everything is about brute force. FFS use you goddamn head.

[quote name='iRent']When it reaches 100% some jackass will jump into the tank and take it to its death in less than 10 seconds when I've been in it for 5 minutes having killed numerous tanks.[/QUOTE]

Sounds about right. Most of the time the people that steal vehicles when you hop out to repair aren't very good with them. I remember playing on Port Valdez awhile back on defense, and I was driving the helicopter from the 3rd phase around for 5-10 minutes while one of my friend's was riding as the passenger. I landed to repair the vehicle some, and while I was doing that, another guy ran over, hopped in, and took off in the helicopter. About 10-15 seconds later, I hear my friend mention that he just died because the guy who jacked the helicopter from me got shot down.

[quote name='Schmackledorf']Sounds about right. Most of the time the people that steal vehicles when you hop out to repair aren't very good with them. I remember playing on Port Valdez awhile back on defense, and I was driving the helicopter from the 3rd phase around for 5-10 minutes while one of my friend's was riding as the passenger. I landed to repair the vehicle some, and while I was doing that, another guy ran over, hopped in, and took off in the helicopter. About 10-15 seconds later, I hear my friend mention that he just died because the guy who jacked the helicopter from me got shot down.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I personally have noticed these things more common now, which leads me to think we now have an influx of MW2 players. It is one of the main reasons why I hope for a patch that allows me to talk to the "blue" guys on my team.

[quote name='iRent']MY problem is that my team is always doing things to make us lose. For example, I'll be repairing a tank. When it reaches 100% some jackass will jump into the tank and take it to its death in less than 10 seconds when I've been in it for 5 minutes having killed numerous tanks. It has happened about 3 times the last map I was on. Not everything is about brute force. FFS use you goddamn head.[/QUOTE]

They wait until you finish repairing it? I'm the guy running after the tank because the person starts driving away with the vehicle when it's down to 20%

[quote name='whiptcracker']They wait until you finish repairing it? I'm the guy running after the tank because the person starts driving away with the vehicle when it's down to 20%[/QUOTE]

All the tanks I've tried to repair just drive away from me.

Just reached level 15 last night and got magnum ammo.

[quote name='lordopus99']It is one of the main reasons why I hope for a patch that allows me to talk to the "blue" guys on my team.[/QUOTE]
Sadly, I doubt that will ever happen, especially considering you couldn't talk to your other teammates in BC1. At the same time, I'm kind of glad that will probably never happen, because that means I at least won't have to deal with the general populace of Xbox Live that much.

I'll be there on Sunday for sure hopefully. Maybe on a little bit earlier to see if we can get more people done? I really want to get this over with already!!

First on deck is Santurio, bs000, and myself...after that we'll work on whoever shows up.

If we get more than 8 people, and hopefully we will, anyone who can't get in the XBox party just try to join one of us in-game. Although it's nice to be able to communicate, we realized last week it's not totally necessary - just make sure you're on the team with the majority of us and follow us to whatever building we go to camp out in. Only one or two people in the group should be on the other team (the people going for the achievement). As time progresses we usually manage to take over more of the game as other people leave, so it gets smoother.

[quote name='KaneRobot']First on deck is Santurio, bs000, and myself...after that we'll work on whoever shows up.

If we get more than 8 people, and hopefully we will, anyone who can't get in the XBox party just try to join one of us in-game. Although it's nice to be able to communicate, we realized last week it's not totally necessary - just make sure you're on the team with the majority of us and follow us to whatever building we go to camp out in. Only one or two people in the group should be on the other team (the people going for the achievement). As time progresses we usually manage to take over more of the game as other people leave, so it gets smoother.[/QUOTE]

I just got it with just me and my friend on Atacama Desert. Just tell each other which building to go to and bring it down. Took about an hour. I'll still help if you want.

Nah that's fine, you were in there anyway. So we'll go Santiurio, you, then me, then whoever else.

I'll send out the invites a little but before 10 EST to whoever is on. Anyone else who won't be there until 10 or after, just jump in the party when you get on. Anyone who tries to get on and the party is full, just try to join our game.

bs000 - the more people we have that are used to this thing, the better, so your presence would be appreciated.

Yeah, I tried a bunch of times before and nearly gave up. Then, I got into a game and was trying to figure out why nothing was showing up on my radar. Then, I realized I was playing a 1-on-1 game. Tried a couple of more times to get into games, couldn't, and then finally gave up.

Kane, Ospery, etc --

Good working with you guys. My internet connection blinked out on me there at the end. Let me know if any of you guys are going to be working on that destruction achievement again, send me an invite or a message. I'm happy to help out, and would love to pop my achievement as well.

Good job tonight guys - we got several people done. Finally got mine. I think we're going to go for one more week (next Sunday again, maybe an hour earlier 9 EST 8 CST so the east coast guys aren't finishing at close to 1 am, unless people hate the time switch idea) to finish off anyone else. Bloodbath still needs his, and we can fit in a few more who want to jump in.

After that we'll try to nab a couple other weird ones, specifically the stationary RPG/helicopter one, and anyone who still needs the friend-knife kill one we can work in as well.

We also had some connection problems early but fortunately they cleared up. I guess EA still doesn't have this hashed out completely yet.

(note to self since I still can't fucking remember what map goes with what name - stick with Laguna Alta & White Pass, with Atacama Desert as a third choice)

Good games today, I got the Demolition Man achievement in less than 3 full games. I'll gladly help next time for anyone that needs achievements.

The only other ones that I need are Airkill, Careful Guidance, and Won Them All.

Sorry I wasn't able to make it tonight to help people do some boosting. Didn't get back in town til late tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to make the next one to help some people get some achievements.

Sorry I didn't stick around but I was getting extremely sleepy towards the end. Now I am dazing off at work lol. Hopefully I can get it out of the way soon and I will help out one more time this upcoming one.

I think I already know the answer to this, but I figured I'll give it a shot - I know you can't get Demolition Man via a private match, but anyone know if you can get other achievements (shooting down the helicopter with a stationary RPG, etc)?

Sheeeeeeiiiit, just remembered I'm driving to New York on Sunday, so I won't be around for round three. I'll set one up the following week...if you guys want to get together without me go ahead, someone else will need to set it up though.

I was just in a pretty heated match of Rush on Laguna and WHAM!, server crashed during gameplay.

I really like this game a lot. In my opinion, it relies a whole lot more on team and individual strategy versus who can actually be a better player at an FPS. It's all about angles, covering fire, fire zones, and flanking.

But, the constant servers crashing is really getting on my nerves. I just want to play a few games and not have to worry about either finding matches or getting booted out.

[quote name='whiptcracker']So it looks like Dr Pepper DLC is coming Wednesday now.[/QUOTE]

Source?

Is it free to VIP members?

Just picked this up this week, loving medic so far. Although I find it quite strange that medic has one of the best guns I've unlocked so far. But i'm not complaining, haha.

If anyone is looking for another person for their squad, please add me. Kind of boring playing solo. GT: brianbeatdown.

[quote name='HydroX']Source?

Is it free to VIP members?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't look like it.

EA had me surprised with all the free DLC for Mass Effect 2 via the Cereberus Network and for buying the game new...

Then they pull this.

[quote name='gage006']Just picked this up this week, loving medic so far. Although I find it quite strange that medic has one of the best guns I've unlocked so far. But i'm not complaining, haha.

If anyone is looking for another person for their squad, please add me. Kind of boring playing solo. GT: brianbeatdown.[/QUOTE]

If you're talking about the LMG, they're going to nerf it with the next patch. Its obscenely overpowered.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']If you're talking about the LMG, they're going to nerf it with the next patch. Its obscenely overpowered.[/QUOTE]
I was so.. :( but no big surprise, medic shouldn't have such an insane weapon.

[quote name='gage006']I was so.. :( but no big surprise, medic shouldn't have such an insane weapon.[/QUOTE]

I say bullshit. Medics need a strong gun to clear out an area to go heal. They don't get any kind of smoke of vehicle deterrent.

Besides all that i still don't find the M-60 overpowered it's just far too accurate. It still takes 4-5 shots to kill someone if it isn't a headshot.

p.s. And damn this game for including dogtags! I die probably twice as much as i should because i want to stab everyone!

[quote name='Deadpool']I say bullshit. Medics need a strong gun to clear out an area to go heal. They don't get any kind of smoke of vehicle deterrent.

Besides all that i still don't find the M-60 overpowered it's just far too accurate. It still takes 4-5 shots to kill someone if it isn't a headshot.

p.s. And damn this game for including dogtags! I die probably twice as much as i should because i want to stab everyone![/QUOTE]

If they power down the LMG within the realms of the other LMGs that the medic can carry, then that's fine.

I'd also love it if they powered down the LMG in exchange for given the Medic SOMETHING to destroy vehicles with.

[quote name='Deadpool']I say bullshit. Medics need a strong gun to clear out an area to go heal. They don't get any kind of smoke of vehicle deterrent.

[/QUOTE]

It is way too powerful because of the accuracy. Slap 4x + MGM and you are a better sniper than most sniper rifles in the game. It is so abused... looking at your stats, its the only one you use as a medic (i.e. the 993 kills with it)... looks like you are one of the abusers. You need to change your gameplay since you might start dying faster. :roll:

Some other things they could nerf/fix is the shotguns. First, they work better from midrange than close up, which in real life would be the opposite. Second, you can snipe with it and nail headshots i.e the 870... which it appears you also abuse.

It's crazy how many thing are wrong with this game.

- Every gun in the game is insanely accurate. Especially the pistols/shotguns. You can snipe with any gun in the game. All you need to do is pick the guns with the most damage unless you want to level up.

- Like others have said, the M60 is broken as fuck. It's damage rating per bullet is 25 and the next highest LMG damage rating is like 14. Of course I'm using it until they patch it.

- There is no good way to take down a chopper. They are insanely overpowered. No normal gun does damage to it, and you can get taken out in seconds if you're trying to use the AA gun. Even if you can manage to take down a chopper using the AA gun, it takes a million shots. It's virtually impossible to hit it with a tracer dart if you're playing against a decent pilot.

- You and an opponent killing each other at the same time is the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a video game.

[quote name='Trakan']
- There is no good way to take down a chopper. They are insanely overpowered. No normal gun does damage to it, and you can get taken out in seconds if you're trying to use the AA gun. Even if you can manage to take down a chopper using the AA gun, it takes a million shots. It's virtually impossible to hit it with a tracer dart if you're playing against a decent pilot.
[/QUOTE]
I've actually seen people use the AT4 (the self-guided missile) against helicopters with pretty good success. It's easier if the helicopter isn't dodging all over the place and is a little lower to the ground, but if they are flying all over the place and not near the ground, it's going to be harder for them to hit something as well. It's still highly dependent on the skill of the pilot and the skill of those trying to shoot it down. Now there are some maps that I will agree they are overpowered on like the one desert map for Conquest (not Arica Harbor), but I feel they are pretty well balanced on a lot of them.

Haven't played in a bit, but I was getting better at hitting choppers with darts. Yeah, it's hard, but only if the chopper is flying really high and far away. And as the poster above me said, in that case, it's gonna be really hard for them to hit anything, anyway.

[quote name='Trakan']It's crazy how many thing are wrong with this game.

- You and an opponent killing each other at the same time is the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a video game.[/QUOTE]

This game really isn't that bad.

-The m95 does 10 damage to helicopters (don't know if it's by itself or with magnum ammo). They need to speed up the tracers or something. It feels like shooting paper at an insanely fast object.

-Being able to kill each other is awesome. Unlike some certain other major FPS...

Oh, and I also agree that some of the shotguns need to be rebalanced, as well. I suck at sniping, so in order to boost my recon class, I was just running around with one of the shotguns. With that upgrade that increases range, I was nailing headshots from considerable distances.

[quote name='lordopus99']It is way too powerful because of the accuracy. Slap 4x + MGM and you are a better sniper than most sniper rifles in the game. It is so abused... looking at your stats, its the only one you use as a medic (i.e. the 993 kills with it)... looks like you are one of the abusers. You need to change your gameplay since you might start dying faster. :roll:

Some other things they could nerf/fix is the shotguns. First, they work better from midrange than close up, which in real life would be the opposite. Second, you can snipe with it and nail headshots i.e the 870... which it appears you also abuse.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry o great one. And where do you get these stats? I obviously abuse the two greatest guns in the game... using two different classes... go figure.
Don't be mad because you suck. You are more than welcome to pick the gun that i will abuse you with bitch.

[quote name='Deadpool']I'm sorry o great one. And where do you get these stats? I obviously abuse the two greatest guns in the game... using two different classes... go figure.
Don't be mad because you suck. You are more than welcome to pick the gun that i will abuse you with bitch.[/QUOTE]

Grabbed them from stats-o-matic... fantastic site if you have never visited ( http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/360/deadpooi ). I never claim to be the great one. I just use a variety of weapons, HELP out my team, and don't TRY to abuse weapons that arent balanced (I, when I get frustrated by the Call of Noobie combo, will also go with it and level the playing field). I am not mad... just making an observation on your bias comment. Also, I don't suck... check my stats on it... K/D ratio means crap in this game. If it was all about that, I would just boost my stats by playing Call of Noobie Medic, hardcore conquest and camping. Feel free to join my games whenever you would like...I play regular Rush. :roll:

[quote name='traken']

- You and an opponent killing each other at the same time is the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a video game. [/QUOTE]

I have got use to taking down choppers. Most players A) don't know how to fly them or B) take them too low. Due to these players (which is about 85-90% of all players), you can easily shoot them down on A) turns or B) shooting in front of the helicopters or C) just shooting up (you can do this more than you think). The key is don't put a lot of attention on yourself (i.e. shooting tracers, shooting guns at it, etc).

The killing each other thing... I actually like it. IRL if I am shooting you and you are shooting me, we have a good chance that we both are going to die due to the distance the bullet travels.

[quote name='Trakan']It's crazy how many thing are wrong with this game.

- Every gun in the game is insanely accurate. Especially the pistols/shotguns. You can snipe with any gun in the game. All you need to do is pick the guns with the most damage unless you want to level up.

- Like others have said, the M60 is broken as fuck. It's damage rating per bullet is 25 and the next highest LMG damage rating is like 14. Of course I'm using it until they patch it.

- You and an opponent killing each other at the same time is the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a video game.[/QUOTE]

You might be happen then with some of the upcoming changes (from the Battlefield Blog):

Increased the base range of all Automatic and Semiautomatic weapons for more consistent close range combat.
Slightly increased the damage of Semiautomatic rifles over long range for more consistent damage output.

Increased the zoomed burst accuracy of LMGs and decreased LMG accuracy when moving to reduce LMG run and gun.
Decreased the base damage of the M60 and XM8 LMGs to bring them in line with the other LMG damage values.
Decreased the damage of the PKM over long range to balance it with other LMGs.
Increased the base damage of the Type88 LMG to balance it with other LMGs.

Slightly reduced the base damage of the M16 and G3 to balance the increased range.
Slightly increased the damage of the AEK971, F2000, AN94, and AUG over long range to balance them with other Assault Rifles.

Reduced the lethal blast range of the 40mm grenade and M2CG to highlight their role as a secondary weapon against infantry.
Slightly Reduced the max range of the 40mm shotgun to balance it with other shotguns.
Slightly increased the base damage of shotgun rounds and reduced their range to clarify ideal shotgun combat distance.

Reduced the base damage of the PP2000 to balance the increased range.
Increased the damage of the 9A91 over long range to balance its lower magazine size.

Increased the damage and range of the M9, M93 pistols to make them more desirable as a secondary weapon.
Increased the range of the MP443 pistol to make it more desirable as a secondary weapon.
Increased the damage of the MP412 over long range to balance its low rate of fire.
Slightly reduced the rate of fire of the M1911 pistol to balance it with other pistols.

Increased the repair and overheat speeds of the Power Tool. Now overheats sooner but repairs the same amount before overheating.
Increased the maximum number of Motion Sensors that can be carried from 2 to 3 and increased the speed which new sensors are acquired from ammo boxes.
Significantly increased the speed of the Tracer Dart projectile to make it more effective against airborne targets.
Increased the reload time of the Mortar Strike and reduced the damage it does to heavily armored vehicles.
Decreased the range of Bolt Action Sniper and Pump Shotgun Slug rounds when using Magnum Ammo for better Kit Balance, especially in Hardcore.
Slightly increased the Health of soldiers in Hardcore for better Kit Balance.

Increased the benefit from the Medkit Heal+ specialization to make it more desirable as a Specialization.
Decreased the benefit from Vehicle Reload Speed to balance it against other Vehicle Specializations.
Slightly decreased the benefit from accuracy specializations to balance the changes to range and accuracy tweaks.

Fixed a bug where the BMD3 would take extra damage to the front armor.
Reduced the explosive damage from Attack Helicopter cannons.
Increased the damage of AA guns against all targets. The AA gun should be much more effective against infantry on Port Valdez.

PC received the update first, they said it's coming to the 360 and PS3 but did not have a date.

Dangit, two of my most used weapons, the PKM and PP2000 are getting nerfed. Oh well.

Seems weird they are increasing the ranged damage of the AN-94, that thing seems to be pretty good at range to begin with. Kinda surprised they didn't tweak the MG3. That gun sucks balls imo. Great to see beefed up AA, but as a chopper pilot myself, I also hate that they beefed up the AA. They used to be a minor nuisance, slowly chipping away at my health, so I'm curious to see how much damage they will do now.

Glad they are balancing all guns rather than nerfing one and having another weapon take it's place. Hopefully nothing becomes too overpowered this time around.

bread's done
Back