Battlefield Bad Company 2; Vietnam (1200 points) out; plus 4 new free maps

[quote name='Eric WK']My Gamestop isn't doing a midnight launch. Anybody have any experience just walking into Wal-Mart at midnight and getting new releases?[/QUOTE]

YMMV -- some walmarts can take a day or two to get the new games onto the shelves. My old walmart used to be soooo late on putting the new ones up when they were supposed to be.

My copy is coming from Walmart in slow delivery mode, but that's OK, as I've got Battlefield Bad Company 1 to play, and given how fast I play games, it could be a while before I finish it and get to BBC2.

[quote name='jughead']So... How many maps does this game ship with including the bonus codes?[/QUOTE]

I hear the disc includes 8. Then you get two from the day one dlc and then the next dlc pack will also contain 2. Which is also free if you buy it new to recieve the dlc code.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']I know this is kinda funny, but do they start handing out the games at 12 am? I have never been to a midnight launch at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Get there before 10pm (some allow later, so call and find out) to pay off the preorder and get your receipt and go stand in line. No receipt, no game. @ Midnight, those with a receipt will be handed a game and have the receipt marked.

You need to go there and pickup the receipt before midnight. If they are open till midnight, you can probably put it off till 1130pm. Like I said before, Id call as it YMMV

[quote name='reddjoey']Get there before 10pm (some allow later, so call and find out) to pay off the preorder and get your receipt and go stand in line. No receipt, no game. @ Midnight, those with a receipt will be handed a game and have the receipt marked.[/QUOTE]

With a game like this, I'm pretty sure they won't run out of copies. EA is very aggressive with making sure that they fill up stock so that even if you didn't preorder, you'll get a copy.

And if they do per chance run out, run to Best Buy, or Toys R Us, etc. the next morning. They will have it for sure.

I find it stupid to pick up another receipt, if I already paid it off. Thanks for the info guys.

I just called up there and he said show up at midnight. I remember this guys name from past transactions, so he seems to know what he is talking about.

What happens if I buy this game tonight, (new) as opposed to buying it in a few months when it is like $40? (I know about the Amazon promotion, but I still am undecided on when to buy this)

Does Gamestop have an actual (not timed) exclusive?

Last edited by a moderator:
For the first time in quite some time, I may actually step into a GS tomorrow to trade in Bioshock 2 and maybe LFD2 so I can pick this game up...

[quote name='Doomed']What happens if I buy this game tonight, (new) as opposed to buying it in a few months when it is like $40? (I know about the Amazon promotion, but I still am undecided on when to buy this)

Does Gamestop have an actual (not timed) exclusive?[/QUOTE]

You may miss out on getting the free LE upgrade if you wait for the price drop.

The Gamestop exclusive is Squad Rush mode and it lasts just for a month and then everyone gets it.

IMO, Amazon is the way to go for this game.

Anyone's Release Day Delivery from Amazon shipped yet? This is my first time ordering a release-date delivery from these guys and mine hasn't shipped yet. Thanks.

[quote name='jughead']Anyone's Release Day Delivery from Amazon shipped yet? This is my first time ordering a release-date delivery from these guys and mine hasn't shipped yet. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
I got a 2-day delivery and it already shipped.

[quote name='jughead']Anyone's Release Day Delivery from Amazon shipped yet? This is my first time ordering a release-date delivery from these guys and mine hasn't shipped yet. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I have release date and they are preparing my shipment now.

Got an email at around 3:30 PST, this afternoon, saying that it had shipped.

You should be fine, though. I didn't get an email for my collector's edition of ME 2 until past midnight on release day, and I still got it on time.

I got an email this afternoon stating it had been shipped. Cannot wait!

[quote name='Pure Apathy']You may miss out on getting the free LE upgrade if you wait for the price drop.

The Gamestop exclusive is Squad Rush mode and it lasts just for a month and then everyone gets it.

IMO, Amazon is the way to go for this game.[/QUOTE]
Is the LE cosmetic, or actual upgrades? Is it just getting weapons early, or weapons unavailable for free to non-LE purchasers?

I'm debating if I want this or not....I have some Amazon credit from trade in's and a $10 Bioshock 2 credit....just not sure how much time I have to commit to this with MLB 10 (Show) and many other games to play......

What to do? Any convincing?

[quote name='Doomed']Is the LE cosmetic, or actual upgrades? Is it just getting weapons early, or weapons unavailable for free to non-LE purchasers?[/QUOTE]

You get two weapons early and four vehicle upgrades and some artwork.

http://badcompany2.ea.com/reserve-limited-edition

Check that link out more details.

You can see here at what level you unlock these things
http://badcompanytwo.com/multiplayer/specializations/ Vehicles

http://badcompanytwo.com/multiplayer/bad-company-2-weapons-2/all-class-weapons/ two weapon unlocks.

[quote name='doubledown']I'm debating if I want this or not....I have some Amazon credit from trade in's and a $10 Bioshock 2 credit....just not sure how much time I have to commit to this with MLB 10 (Show) and many other games to play......

What to do? Any convincing?[/QUOTE]

Follow your heart! ;)

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']guess who went to the midnight release and got the game![/QUOTE]

Not me, Cause I now have to get up in a couple hours for this damn interview........oh well. I can wait till later today.

[quote name='uglyteradon']Finally.

Weren't there supposed to be unlocks for this game from the Dr Pepper promotion?[/QUOTE]

Yep. They shouldof been out yesterday, but it looks like they're running behind schedule.

[quote name='uglyteradon']Finally.

Weren't there supposed to be unlocks for this game from the Dr Pepper promotion?[/QUOTE]

Weird, was just coming here to mention that. I grabbed a bottle on the way to work this morning and saw Sims 3, Mass Effect 2, and this game pictured on the bottle. However, when you go to the website, it only lists Battlefield Heroes, whatever that is.

Maybe it'll update today.

compared to BFBC1 the story sucks. Also it seems to not make any references to anything that happened in the first game as if it never happened.
I guess this game is all about the multiplayer really.

I am stoked about getting the game today! I actually forgot that it came out today until my iPhone/iCal reminded me. I think it actually brought a tear to my eye lol. My friends hated the demo so I'll probably be solo until they come around and realize that MW2 is garbage.

Couple that with MLB 10 coming out AND the first Spring Training game today, well then by golly, you have a great all around day to look forward to. Woot!

[quote name='guidecollector']compared to BFBC1 the story sucks. Also it seems to not make any references to anything that happened in the first game as if it never happened.
I guess this game is all about the multiplayer really.[/QUOTE]

Not surprised (and it doesn't really bother me I suppose, I knew compared to the MW2 singleplayer it probably wouldn't stack up). I didn't play BC1, wasn't it supposed to be kind of goofy anyway? Or was that just the promo videos and the actual game was normal? If it was, that's probably why they don't reference much from the first game.

Gamertag = The3amJunkie let me know if there is a game night. Just went and picked it up.

Please elaborate on how the single player sucks.

Ok, now that I have the game I went in and checked the in-game store. The Dr. Pepper stuff apparently won't be available until 03/18/2010 and will have five things that can be unlocked:

SPECACT Upgrade Bundle [4 kit specific uniforms and camo weapons]
SPECACT Assault Upgrade [Unique uniform & camo M16A2]
SPECACT Engineer Upgrade [Unique uniform & camo UMP-45]
SPECACT Medic Upgrade [Unique uniform & camo MG3]
SPECACT Recon Upgrade [Unique uniform & camo M95]

Also, says that the second map pack won't be available until 04/01/2010. And if you don't already know, it will include the maps Arica Harbor (Conquest) and Laguna Presa (Rush). So I guess they're just making it available in the other game mode rather than releasing new maps, heh.

[quote name='The3amJunkie']Please elaborate on how the single player sucks.[/QUOTE]

I would like to know this as well. Most reviews I've read so far seem to be saying that it is much improved from the first, albeit still very short.

I regret not upgrading my Amazon shipping from 'super saver'.

Although my game shipped on Mar 1 and is in Lexington Kentucky right now.

I should have it by the end of the week, which is perfect, because I don't have much time to play until then anyway.

[quote name='Draekon']Ok, now that I have the game I went in and checked the in-game store. The Dr. Pepper stuff apparently won't be available until 03/18/2010 and will have five things that can be unlocked:

SPECACT Upgrade Bundle [4 kit specific uniforms and camo weapons]
SPECACT Assault Upgrade [Unique uniform & camo M16A2]
SPECACT Engineer Upgrade [Unique uniform & camo UMP-45]
SPECACT Medic Upgrade [Unique uniform & camo MG3]
SPECACT Recon Upgrade [Unique uniform & camo M95]

Also, says that the second map pack won't be available until 04/01/2010. And if you don't already know, it will include the maps Arica Harbor (Conquest) and Laguna Presa (Rush). So I guess they're just making it available in the other game mode rather than releasing new maps, heh.[/QUOTE]

I heard this on gamefaqs that the dr pepper items will be up today or tomorrow and you can get them today or tomoorw if you have the dr pepper dlc codes

If not you can wait till the end of the month and buy them from the BFBC2 store

So basically you get them early and "free" if you use the dr pepper codes

BUT THIS IS NOT CONFIRMED

I will be playing tonight, along with any CAGs that add me. Just send me a friend request with a message mentioning CAG or anything of the sort so I know who you are.

I'm hoping we can at least put together a squad or two.

GT: Rico21745

bread's done
Back