Battlefield Bad Company 2; Vietnam (1200 points) out; plus 4 new free maps

It's an OK idea. However, seeing as thought MW2 is probably still worth $50 on ebay, no way will I take a pidly $20 from GS for it.
Besides, I will still want to play MW2 when they release the new maps.
that being said, thanks for the Noob video HYDROX. That was great, and a good bit of info.

[quote name='D FENS']^
Totally, instead of Amazon if you are sick of MW2, Trade in MW2 at gamestop. The 2/4/7 promotion ends Sunday the 21st. I traded in BC1 and MW2 for $40. Then, have them run your debit card as credit, No sales tax, if you are in one of the tax free states.
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243233
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sunnysky']It's an OK idea. However, seeing as thought MW2 is probably still worth $50 on ebay, no way will I take a pidly $20 from GS for it.
Besides, I will still want to play MW2 when they release the new maps.
that being said, thanks for the Noob video HYDROX. That was great, and a good bit of info.[/QUOTE]

MW2 sold last night for 40 free shipping on ebay, Its selling for 40 new on amazon. Get what you can for that P.O.S. game. The new maps are gonna be 15 bucks. Plus Bad Company 2 will blow MW2 out of the water. Unless you love MW2 campfest.

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']please add me to your friend list guys i nee dppl to play with![/QUOTE]

I confirmed your friend request.

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']please add me to your friend list guys i nee dppl to play with![/QUOTE]

Got your FR also and accepted. I was playing with Apathy last night and we were rocking. Usually If I'm an attacker I'll go assault or Medic, If defending it's either Engineer or Recon. So I try to balance it out. Can't wait for Midnight release! :D :D

I picked up a copy of the original from goozex and am going to play that single player as a warm up for BC2. I haven't been able to get the hang of the multiplayer demo because I'm just thrown into the mayhem with lots of experienced players (I presume) and without a tutorial. Hopefully BC1 will help me with that.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Got your FR also and accepted. I was playing with Apathy last night and we were rocking. Usually If I'm an attacker I'll go assault or Medic, If defending it's either Engineer or Recon. So I try to balance it out. Can't wait for Midnight release! :D :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah we were doing pretty good! Wikiality was jumping in and out due to connection issues. He's blakgpgt here on CAG. Send him a FR if you are looking for more people to play with.

I really hope our dog tags will carry over to the full retail game. Has anyone heard anything about that?

The 4v4v4v4 mode looks like it'll be a lot of fun. I'm pumped for this game!

I'm a little tempted to get this game still, since I could probably finish all the single player and many of the mp achievements before FF XIII is out and even after it would be a nice distraction/time waster I guess.

This shit with the pre order bonuses for one company needs to stop. I really hope the squad rush thing is a generic code because I am not ordering this game from gamestop. Why punish fans that are going to buy the game somewhere else DICE? That's about as smart as taking conquest out of the first game.

Arent the Gamestop preorder bonus' just early unlocks of things everyone can eventually unlock in the game? I don't think there's anything thats exclusive to Gamestop. I read that after 30 days Squad Rush mode will be opened to everyone with the game.

I'll take a $20 coupon over a couple of early unlocks any day.

[quote name='Puffa469']Arent the Gamestop preorder bonus' just early unlocks of things everyone can eventually unlock in the game? I don't think there's anything thats exclusive to Gamestop. I read that after 30 days Squad Rush mode will be opened to everyone with the game.

I'll take a $20 coupon over a couple of early unlocks any day.[/QUOTE]

Yes but that's my point. Why unlock it 30 days earlier for one company? That is just dumb. If you want to attract more people all game modes should be unlocked for everyone. Why gimp your game for some extra money. It doesn't change my mind either way because I was going to get this game as soon as BC 1 came out.

Anyone have any insight on the mortar strike? Will you be able to use it every time you spawn? That seems a bit overpowering...

The sniper one? It is one a timer. Or are you talking about the one that you can sit in and drop on the map? Same thing they are on like a 5 minute timer, but the stationary Mortar strike can be destroyed just like in the first game. They should have never taken the artillery strike out from BF2 MC. "This is Victor Tango One. Artillery Strike inbound".

I thought I remember reading this, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I presume they are going to size the maps based on the game mode, for example, a smaller map for squad deathmatch, a large one for rush, a medium one for conquest, and whatnot . Does anyone know whether they are or not?

[quote name='Pure Apathy']Yeah we were doing pretty good! Wikiality was jumping in and out due to connection issues. He's blakgpgt here on CAG. Send him a FR if you are looking for more people to play with.

I really hope our dog tags will carry over to the full retail game. Has anyone heard anything about that?

The 4v4v4v4 mode looks like it'll be a lot of fun. I'm pumped for this game![/QUOTE]

Wondering who that was. Well I found my CAG Squad for now :D :D

[quote name='slickkill77']The conquest maps are really small. This conquest is a sham of its former shelf.[/QUOTE]

Are they around the same size of 1943? I'd be happy with that if they are.

Well from what I have seen and what I imagine they'll keep from the first one: Imagine the maps as a square. Then draw a ghetto oval around the middle of the map going long ways. Put capture points from one end to another and you have conquest mode.

Conquest in BF2 MC was amazing. The maps were huge and it was damn fun.

So, I installed all my old BF games and I have 13 of those medals out of 15. I just need the Gold Edition BC one (which I'll never get until it gets to like 10 bucks or so just for the status) and the 1943 one. I guess that just goes to show how much BF I've been into lol. Hopefully the 1943 one gets updated soon

is it likely I'll enjoy this game (campaign, multi, and extra mode)? I've played Gears 2, TF2, and MW2. Have/had fun with each despite the numerous shit that makes them so bad.

I'd like to preorder from Amazon while that $20 credit offer is still around.

Note: Haven't been able to try out demo due to hardware difficulties and will be sending in for repair soon :bomb:

Pretty funny videos. The demo ends before the game comes out? lol, so much for playing it while the price goes down for some people.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Pretty funny videos. The demo ends before the game comes out? lol, so much for playing it while the price goes down for some people.[/QUOTE]

I think the idea is to make all the ppl playing the demo miss it, so they go preorder or buy the game at launch.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the demo re-released after the game has been out for a few months to drum up more interest and keep sales going.

Didn't they do the same thing with Bad Company one (in regards to removing the demo before launch)?

Played a few rounds with BoneMonkey last night, not sure if he noticed though. lol

I did a lot of shotgun/C4 combo and it works alot for my play style as Defenders, one round I was 22-9.

Pure Apathy, I saw your party request as I was shutting down the xbox for the night. My apologies. I didn't want it to seem like I blatently ignored your request.

I should be on tonight since the demo comes down sometime tomorrow.

IIRC, the BC1 demo ran a week or two after the game came out.

Hopefully they are shutting down the demo to get servers up for the retail release. I don't think any console Battlefield release has had enough servers for stable Day 1 gaming.

[quote name='moojuice']IIRC, the BC1 demo ran a week or two after the game came out.

Hopefully they are shutting down the demo to get servers up for the retail release. I don't think any console Battlefield release has had enough servers for stable Day 1 gaming.[/QUOTE]

I ordered from Amzon with super saver shipping, so hopefully in the 3-4 days after launch it takes me to get the game, they initial server issues will be ironed out.

Also, CoD MW1 demo ended a few weeks before the game launched.

[quote name='moojuice']IIRC, the BC1 demo ran a week or two after the game came out.

Hopefully they are shutting down the demo to get servers up for the retail release. I don't think any console Battlefield release has had enough servers for stable Day 1 gaming
.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I figured they were doing.

Apathy and BoneMonkey I wasn't purposely ignoring you. I was just playing with one of my friends that I have known forever. We got into a match with no one on the other team so we were just messing around on the map with the helicopters.

[quote name='HydroX']Played a few rounds with BoneMonkey last night, not sure if he noticed though. lol

I did a lot of shotgun/C4 combo and it works alot for my play style as Defenders, one round I was 22-9.

Pure Apathy, I saw your party request as I was shutting down the xbox for the night. My apologies. I didn't want it to seem like I blatently ignored your request.

I should be on tonight since the demo comes down sometime tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

No problem, we can trying playing sometime today/tonight if you want. I'd really like to get a full squad going.

having fun playing with hydro and pure apathy good games! I noticed hydro lol and slick its ok don't worry about it lol

also i never use the mic lol

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']having fun playing with hydro and pure apathy good games! I noticed hydro lol and slick its ok don't worry about it lol

also i never use the mic lol[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to be holier than thou with this response, but IMO you should utilize the mic if you're in a CAG group or a group with friends. Nothing drives me more wacky than being in a squad that can't communicate locations (if something important is happening, or I'm getting flanked, I'd like to know! I'd do the same for you!)

well i live with a roommate and i can only play late at night so i can't use a mic i also play with the sound low

hey i was 1st place every game we played! I don't suck

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']well i live with a roommate and i can only play late at night so i can't use a mic i also play with the sound low

hey i was 1st place every game we played! I don't suck[/QUOTE]

yeah I saw that! you're really good

[quote name='HydroX']I'm not going to be holier than thou with this response, but IMO you should utilize the mic if you're in a CAG group or a group with friends. Nothing drives me more wacky than being in a squad that can't communicate locations (if something important is happening, or I'm getting flanked, I'd like to know! I'd do the same for you!)[/QUOTE]

Yeah that drives me nuts too.

[quote name='HydroX']I'll be on in an hour and a half (at 10pm Central) so get ready for some BFBC2 epic explosions![/QUOTE]

Well if you want to join up in a full squad I'll be playing with slickkill and FrankySox tonight. I'm eating right now but should be on by the time you get on.

Just let me know when. I'm watching the Magic game right now.....(Random) I really wish I could change my username to NinjaPenguin. Unfortunately Cheapy didn't acknowledge my email I sent to him.

[quote name='slickkill77']Just let me know when. I'm watching the Magic game right now.....(Random) I really wish I could change my username to NinjaPenguin. Unfortunately Cheapy didn't acknowledge my email I sent to him.[/QUOTE]

Ok sounds good. I'll PM you on here or send a message to you on live. I'll probably be getting in in the next 20 minutes or so. You should try emailing Cheapy again. I'm sure he gets a lot of mail and probably overlooked it.

It's too bad they are canning the demo after tonight. I didn't know it was timed until just recently, I was trying to urge a few friends who are regular MW2 players to give it a shot. We finally got around to it today, and of course they all sucked since it was their first time, and they didn't get much out of it. Since it's over now there won't be any chance to get a good experience with it, so I can tell they won't be buying it. I probably cancelling my preorder...not playing this thing with random teams. Whatever their reason is for shutting off the demo, it's not a good one.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HydroX']yeah I saw that! you're really good[/QUOTE]

good news I talked to my room mate and im going to use the mic again my problem is that i like to yell at the tv lol

when im too loud he will tell me

also the demo ends tomoorw :whistle2:(

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']good news I talked to my room mate and im going to use the mic again my problem is that i like to yell at the tv lol

when im too loud he will tell me

also the demo ends tomoorw :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

That's cool, I curse a lot when I see something BS (and it happens quite a bit, lol) so I hope those of you who play with me don't get discouraged by that. I can make games quite fun/hilarious.

Also: Had great fun during the unofficial official "CAG Night" on the demo tonight. Gotta love hearing that someone sniped the Apache pilot then seeing the choppa just DROP.

Wow, tonight was the most fun I've had playing a game online in a long time! A party of 8 and two full squads on the same team was really cool.

KaneRobot, you should play with us instead of canceling your pre-order.

sniped right out of the blackhawk gunner seat. then freefall to the ground lol

battlefield129224659.gif

[quote name='Pure Apathy']Wow, tonight was the most fun I've had playing a game online in a long time! A party of 8 and two full squads on the same team was really cool.

KaneRobot, you should play with us instead of canceling your pre-order.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know. I'll probably still get it although I'm not sure right at launch...I'm just pissed about the demo being shitcanned since I was looking forward to getting my regular friends in on this.

bread's done
Back