Battlefield Bad Company 2; Vietnam (1200 points) out; plus 4 new free maps

[quote name='Puffa469']lol I am such a noob. Got in my first Apache today. Proceeded to backflip into the trees and blow myself up.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that is every new players 1st experience with a helicopter in game.

I played 1 game yesterday and I got assists a good minute or longer after shooting somebody with the sniper rifle. I don't think that rifle is worth anything unless you can unlock an longer scope by the way =P

now that I learned how to play the game and programmed my mind to not play this game like Modern Warfare 2

I'M LOVING IT! going to buy this game day 1

[quote name='Puffa469']lol I am such a noob. Got in my first Apache today. Proceeded to backflip into the trees and blow myself up.[/QUOTE]

I want to try using the Apache, so far I've manage to crash the Black Hawk three times into the mountains behind it and one time I did manage to get it going forward and ended up in the ocean with a teammate. Great fun.

The more I play this game the more I love it. It's too bad all the MW2 people I try to drag to it are closeminded elitists. Reminds me alot of the "Halo Nation".

The other day someone shot me in the face with a tracer gun. The guy was on my own team. I looked like Rudolf the red nosed raindeer.

I think he was mad at me for noobish behaviour. I was playing assault, but ran out of ammo, so I grabbed a med kit off the ground. I'd never played medic before. So I revived my first dead teammate, so far so good.

Then I wondered if the defib could 'heal' injured teammates, so I defibbed a crouching sniper on my team a few times to see if it would work. I think I pissed him off. I soon realized that I should have thrown a medpack on the ground near him instead.

Ah well, you live and you learn. I'm still having great fun with this demo.

Question: Anyone know why 90% of the time I'm a passanger on a quad ATV, I can only face backwards, but once in a while I can face forward?

[quote name='Puffa469']Question: Anyone know why 90% of the time I'm a passanger on a quad ATV, I can only face backwards, but once in a while I can face forward?[/QUOTE]

LMAO @ the tracer story.

As for the ATV look-around, I noticed this as well. I was always like, WTF, why can't I face forward. "You're doing it wrong!"

[quote name='VipFREAK']lol, you two. At least you know how to fire a gun I suppose.[/QUOTE]

So far I can do two things really well.

- Shoot people with my assualt rifle
- Shoot people with a ground vehicles machine gun or turret

I guess I can also plant and defuse bombs on the objectives.

Everything else is a learning process. I still have no idea how to:

- Use the UAV.
- Fly any of the Helo's

Also, what are 'Tickets'? I hear that alot but have no clue. Some of my squadmates were yelling about 'wasting tickets' the other day.

Wasting tickets = dying alot. Th tickets are pretty much your teams lives.

I love the game but I might stop playing till the actual game comes out. I wish it would just come out early damn it!!

Medic FTW. Always have my shock paddles out when I see a downed team member, especially on offense. The M249 SAW isn't bad, either.

[quote name='Puffa469']

Also, what are 'Tickets'? I hear that alot but have no clue. Some of my squadmates were yelling about 'wasting tickets' the other day.[/QUOTE]

Tickets are the remaining "lives" of the team. On Rush mode, the Assault team has a limited amount (displayed in the bottom left of the HUD) in which they must destroy the objectives. One death subtracts a ticket. I believe if you revive someone, it doesn't take away a ticket for that death.

[quote name='Bretts31344']Tickets are the remaining "lives" of the team. On Rush mode, the Assault team has a limited amount (displayed in the bottom left of the HUD) in which they must destroy the objectives. One death subtracts a ticket. I believe if you revive someone, it doesn't take away a ticket for that death.[/QUOTE]

Ahh thanks, that now makes sense. Now I now what medics are talking about when they say 'getting tickets'. A death loses a ticket and a revive earns one.

I'm really starting to love this game! I was defending just now and ran along the left side of the map near Sniper mountain, and I flanked the enemy team as they were advancing. I started at the back and knifed them one by one. I got two and then saw three crouching along the same wall and knifed those as well. 5 sets of dogtags. Then I grabbed a T90 tank and defended A and B until my team won the match.

I preordered the game today at gamestop got the limited edition how do i access the rush mode? I got it for the xbox 360

I do have the demo is that rush mode?

It's a game mode that is locked to non-GS pre-orders for 30 days or so when the game comes out (like the Army of Two extraction mode). IIRC, it's just 4v4 Rush, so in other words, you probably should have three friends if you want to actually do well in that mode.

yeah, I played the hell out of this today. A solid 5 hour chunk, a few hours for break/food, then 2 more hours and here I am. I'm getting pretty good, but I still die way too much for my liking.

also, to commemorate the Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer reference with the dart gun .. after reading the post, I got online, and while I was on the UAV, someone pegged me with the dart gun. I figured out who it was, and two rounds later he was on the UAV, so I gave him two darts in the head; one in each ear - and one on the buttcheeks for a kicker. Needless to say it got some laughs from my squadmates when they saw him running into battle.

I confess that I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing in this demo. I just run around, usually get killed and everyone once in a blue moon I see an enemy and try to shoot them. I wish it had a tutorial.

4v4 doesn't sound like a lot of fun for a Battlefield game. Probably going to just pre-order from Amazon.

I really can't wait to get my hands on the full version. Still enjoying the demo but starting to get tired of the map and neverending grind towards level 3 :lol:

[quote name='HydroX']yeah, I played the hell out of this today. A solid 5 hour chunk, a few hours for break/food, then 2 more hours and here I am. I'm getting pretty good, but I still die way too much for my liking.

also, to commemorate the Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer reference with the dart gun .. after reading the post, I got online, and while I was on the UAV, someone pegged me with the dart gun. I figured out who it was, and two rounds later he was on the UAV, so I gave him two darts in the head; one in each ear - and one on the buttcheeks for a kicker. Needless to say it got some laughs from my squadmates when they saw him running into battle.[/QUOTE]

Oh man thats great! lol Im gonna try shooting my squady in each foot, so it looks like he has those lightup sneakers on that every kid has.

If my team shoots rockets, would they then home in on the trackers stuck to us? lol

[quote name='crunchewy']I confess that I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing in this demo. I just run around, usually get killed and everyone once in a blue moon I see an enemy and try to shoot them. I wish it had a tutorial.[/QUOTE]

I am the same. I am getting killed everywhere and its not fun.

[quote name='Morphx2']I am the same. I am getting killed everywhere and its not fun.[/QUOTE]

It takes time to get the hang of it. Keep at it cos the game is alot of fun and the learning curve is worth it.

So last night I was backing up in the T90 tank, and I drove right off the edge of the map into the ocean. I killed myself and my tanks gunner. I got the 'Epic Fail' message.

Just when I thought I was done with the noobishness... lol

[quote name='Puffa469']So last night I was backing up in the T90 tank, and I drove right off the edge of the map into the ocean. I killed myself and my tanks gunner. I got the 'Epic Fail' message.

Just when I thought I was done with the noobishness... lol[/QUOTE]

lmfao, someone did that with me last night but I dove out of the tank and ended up right on the edge of the water.

You should add me to your XBL friends list, let's rock a squad together sometime.

That goes for anybody that reads this -- I'm thinking that this is the only thing I'll be playing for the forseeable future. lol

So I was checking my stats last night, which I hadn't done yet.

520 kills, and out of those:

- 81 dogtags (knife kills) about 50-something of these are 'unique'. I got one guy four times! =)

- 53 T90 Tank kills

- 22 Bradley kills

almost all the rest are Assualt rifle kills.

[quote name='slickkill77']If you guys didn't already see Amazon is offering a $20 gc with BFBC2[/QUOTE]

I preordered from Amazon a few days ago. I need to check my email and see if I got it. If not I will cancel and preorder again, but Amazon is usually good about these things.

I pre-ordered from Walmart when the Bing cashback was 20% but only a $10 giftcard, which works out to $21.40 off, though then plus tax. $11.40 of that is money that can be spent anywhere. I'm trying to decide if I should cancel that and re-order with $20 giftcard and 10% bing cashback, or go with amazon's $20 giftcard and no cashback, though no tax. Walmart is a little bit better deal even after tax. Amazon will certainly get the game to me sooner, though.

[quote name='Puffa469']I preordered from Amazon a few days ago. I need to check my email and see if I got it. If not I will cancel and preorder again, but Amazon is usually good about these things.[/QUOTE]

You will. With the preorder gift cards as long as you preorder when the promotion is running you'll get it

Quick question about this game and even part one of the series do you only have to control one character or do you have to control your whole squad?

[quote name='ajh2298']Quick question about this game and even part one of the series do you only have to control one character or do you have to control your whole squad?[/QUOTE]

Its a FPS. You control one guy.

I've been playing this off and on waiting for the MW2 patch to finally come out. I've since been playing it non-stop and really enjoy it. I'm liking the sniper class a ton. I've finally gotten my K/D up to like 3 or so after being slaughtered at first.

I also like the fact that there really is no cover since everything is destructible. As a sniper, it forces me to re-think my position and where I need to go if I'm spotted. It seems pretty easy to hide in the trees and bushes. I can't tell you how much fun I've had hiding in the thick brush, watching a guy walk right by me, and sprinting out like a mad man and stabbing him in the back. I laugh like a crazy person every time it happens! :)

Here is the Game Informer review scan going around 9.5

5bvatt.jpg

30cojn8.jpg

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']Here is the Game Informer review scan going around 9.5

5bvatt.jpg

30cojn8.jpg
[/QUOTE]

yeah, I got the magazine last week and if the demo is any indication, 9.5 is quite correct.

I am loving the T90 tank. As an attacker at the start of the round I just drive it halfway down the hill and start shellacking Point A, the house behind it, and the three story construction site.

Whenever I hear a missle lock I cleverly back up toward the spawn to avoid it. After I destroy A, I then drive all the way down to start on B.

It really helps when I have a good gunner with me to take out snipers and sappers creeping up on the tank.

[quote name='Puffa469']I am loving the T90 tank. As an attacker at the start of the round I just drive it halfway down the hill and start shellacking Point A, the house behind it, and the three story construction site.

Whenever I hear a missle lock I cleverly back up toward the spawn to avoid it. After I destroy A, I then drive all the way down to start on B.

It really helps when I have a good gunner with me to take out snipers and sappers creeping up on the tank.[/QUOTE]

Yeah same here, I use that tactic a lot, but the laser guided missiles at A always get me. Then after that I always grab the chopper. HINT: Perfect place to land is the attackers 1st spawn, so you can repair. For you new BFBC guys, always have a drill if your gonna be a chopper pilot.

[quote name='MemphisChill901']Yeah same here, I use that tactic a lot, but the laser guided missiles at A always get me. Then after that I always grab the chopper. HINT: Perfect place to land is the attackers 1st spawn, so you can repair. For you new BFBC guys, always have a drill if your gonna be a chopper pilot.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking about switching to engineer when I use the tank so I can backup and repair myself. I'm always relying on strangers for repairs and that kinda teamwork is rare. Not many ppl play Engies is part of it. Everyone is a medic or sniper.

Played the most rape-tastic game yesterday as a defender. Basically, our entire team was either an engineer or sniper, with 1, maybe 2 assault guys. All the engineers rushed sniper hill, and any tank or vehicle approaching never got a chance to get all the way down the hill. Most the snipers stayed in the three story, picking assaulters and spotting the odd stragler. Eventually, an assualt guy ditched his tank before we could blow it up, and I managed to hop in it before someone blew it up completely. Drove it back to our base, fixed it up. I then proceeded to clear out most the trees for our snipers, which lead to even more overkill. At the end, I think the highest score on the assault team was only 200ish

[quote name='Puffa469']I'm thinking about switching to engineer when I use the tank so I can backup and repair myself. I'm always relying on strangers for repairs and that kinda teamwork is rare. Not many ppl play Engies is part of it. Everyone is a medic or sniper.[/QUOTE]
Puffa469: To add to your strategy, make sure you have the vehicle specialization equipped, then you have a mounted machine gun to use also (to take out infantry). Also, when you are just sitting there spam the back button, so at least you spot the baddies for your team.

I usually play whatever the situation calls for, so I play Engineer when I know i'm gonna be in a tank. By the way, for me, since I played the first one, i like to set the tank land controls to Bad Company 1. makes it easier for me to drive and shoot. feel free to add me.

I just took down an Apache with the T90 while defending the last base! Guy decided to fly straight at me. I had no gunner so I lit him up with my machine gun and then blasted him with the main canon to finish the job. We won the round a few moments later.

bread's done
Back