Battlefield Bad Company 2; Vietnam (1200 points) out; plus 4 new free maps

[quote name='slickkill77']IMO it easily exceeds it. Destruction 2.0 is really cool. When a building comes down you really get the feeling that a big ass building is collapsing.[/QUOTE]

funnest thing was me and some other guy in a tank took down the supports on a building and the whole thing came crashing down killing a couple of enemies....sadly we also took out one of our team members as well but the coolness factor was fucking sweet

I will say this, I'm an awesome sniper. In a couple games I was getting about 10-15 kills. I love the bullet fall and how you have to aim higher or ahead of the enemy. I'm putting my money down on it next week for sure. I WANT IT NOW!!

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I will say this, I'm an awesome sniper. In a couple games I was getting about 10-15 kills. I love the bullet fall and how you have to aim higher or ahead of the enemy. I'm putting my money down on it next week for sure. I WANT IT NOW!![/QUOTE]

Saw you playing it a couple of minutes ago, so there's bullet fall? No wonder, I thought my shit was broken when I was trying to snipe.

[quote name='menikmati']Saw you playing it a couple of minutes ago, so there's bullet fall? No wonder, I thought my shit was broken when I was trying to snipe.[/QUOTE]

Charging up my controller. When it's done, let's get a game going.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I will say this, I'm an awesome sniper. In a couple games I was getting about 10-15 kills. I love the bullet fall and how you have to aim higher or ahead of the enemy. I'm putting my money down on it next week for sure. I WANT IT NOW!![/QUOTE]

Yeah the bullet drop has always been great. The bullet flicker kind of makes sniping a bit to simple though. In past you'd have to see where dust kicked up and what not. So it takes a bit of the skill away from the kills as you can miss and basically watch where your bullet drifted on its way.

The demo didn't impress. This wasn't going to a day one purchase for me anyways. I see walmart.com has it for $56 and then you get a $10 walmart gift card so you pretty
much get the game at $46, not too bad.

Ugh, my one "fear" of this game came through; there's not enough radio chatter. Not gonna stop me from wanting to get this game, but oh well.

[quote name='moojuice']Ugh, my one "fear" of this game came through; there's not enough radio chatter. Not gonna stop me from wanting to get this game, but oh well.[/QUOTE]

We need to get a CAG game going :D

I'll take Mooejuice and menikmati lol.

I actually put down money today to reserve it. The Gamestop Manager told me if I put the money down that I get the collectors edition for 60. I thought, hell of a deal for the collectors edition which is usually $80. So yah, Can't wait :D

[quote name='slickkill77']I don't mean to burst your bubble but the "collectors edition" is $60.
http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-B..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1264900667&sr=8-1

The whole first shipment of games are Limited Edition[/QUOTE]

Thanks for bursting my bubble as usual. :/

Meh, anyways who want's to pop on tonight to join me? Besides you Slick for bursting my bubble:booty: I will probably even pop in the first one if anybody wants to hop on that as well.

"Collectors edition?"
:whistle2:k

"Keen"
:applause:

"There is no collectors edition"
:nottalking:

"Lies. "
"I don't want to play with you anyway meanie pants mcstupid head"
:argue:

:twoguns:

It sucks that the demo's gimped compared to the PS3 beta (only one gun can be unlocked in the demo), but at least it has a new map. Got up to the shipping docks in my first full game and had a lot of fun.

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']you guys make it sound like this game stinks I wanted to get it :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Look most the people don't like it because it's not like COD, if you want BFBC to be like that, then your playing the wrong game. The only gripe I have about this game is when your aiming and trying to move your sights while zoomed in, it gets a little wacky. Like the screen starts to go crazy. Don't let other people form an opinion for you, download the damn thing and play it. Like the guy said a couple of posts above me, the PS3 beta was WAY better, but the 360 version seems rushed. BFBC 1 was so fucking bad ass, but this one will be better than the first. If you base your thoughts on what other people say, then your going to be missing out on another great game. If you need someone to play Live with hit me up, I will try to be on when I am not playing MAG.

I havent played the demo yet so I cant really have a say. Although there is a decent amount of people who just want the game to be like COD I think that is a gross generalization.

I want this game to be like fucking Battlefield.

The first one was horrid because the only thing it had in common with the PC version was the name Battlefield. If this game is anything like the first I am going to hate it to death.....not because its not COD but because they butchered the hell out of the game trying to appeal to COD players.

But again, havent got around to playing the demo yet but dice can kiss my ass if they think I am going to fall for this crap again.

Just played a good hour or two rotating through all the classes. I LOVE playing the medic, I always revive fallen team mates. Also started playing Recon knowing about the bullet fall and I wreck with the M24, I unlocked the other sniper but don't like it's lack of damage.

I downloaded and played the demo and I think that the game seems like the exact same as BFBC1. I do not see any major changes, i'm not saying thats a bad thing I love BFBC. The one thing I want to see in the 2nd one is a variety of maps. Maps in games are the one thing I look forward to. I also thought the graphics would be better but they seem worse almost who knows though maybe i'm blind.

I like how you can spot enemies for teammates by pressing the back button. Could you do that in 1943? I knew once you shot at someone in 1943 they would show up as a red triangle for a few seconds.

This game, based on the demo, sucks.

- The maps are huge, and that's not a bad thing, but people hide everywhere. There's literally no safe spot.

- Once you spot an enemy, it only lasts for a few seconds even if they're in the same spot. Why?

- You have way too much health. I shot both an RPG and a grenade launcher at someone's feet and they didn't die from it. That's ridiculous.

- I was playing with a friend, who was on the other team, and I knifed him, but it didn't kill him, it just injured him. The game as a whole is inconsistent.

- The squad based spawn system is an interesting idea, but it's very flawed. If I'm in a gunfight with a guy, and I just barely win and his buddy spawns on him, I get fucked. Stupid.

The game sounds great and the destructible environments are nice. It's just not fun.

Anyone else feel that BF games peaked on consoles with Modern Combat? That game was awesome but the Bad Company games have left alot to be desired.

I even liked 1943 more than Bad Company. :/

[quote name='Trakan']This game, based on the demo, sucks.

- The maps are huge, and that's not a bad thing, but people hide everywhere. There's literally no safe spot. [/QUOTE]
That's kind of the whole point of the destructibility. Snipers could find some good spots to snipe from in the PS3 beta's map, though that was usually away from destructible parts of the map. I only snipers in a randownm spot on the mountains that I really couldn't see without taking my eye off of the area around me.

[quote name='Trakan']- Once you spot an enemy, it only lasts for a few seconds even if they're in the same spot. Why? [/QUOTE]
Because if you're not picked off quickly, why should you continue to be marked if you can get away from that situation? Just make sure you're not accidentally unmarking them with the back button.

[quote name='Trakan']- You have way too much health. I shot both an RPG and a grenade launcher at someone's feet and they didn't die from it. That's ridiculous.

- I was playing with a friend, who was on the other team, and I knifed him, but it didn't kill him, it just injured him. The game as a whole is inconsistent. [/QUOTE]
It's been fine for me, as I've taken guys down in a few shots to the chest. It could have been a freak occurrence/bug rather than inconsistency.I'm not great at using a grenade launcher for anything but a building, but I've not had trouble with my knife unless I wasn't close enough for the kill animation to happen.

Those two weapons are in different kits (rocket = engineer and grenade launcher = assault), so either you were lucky to have another kit nearby to switch to or this wasn't a short confrontation.

[quote name='Trakan']- The squad based spawn system is an interesting idea, but it's very flawed. If I'm in a gunfight with a guy, and I just barely win and his buddy spawns on him, I get fucked. Stupid.[/QUOTE]
It's a quick way to get your squad together quickly and that particular situation sounds like lucky timing for him to have been spawned just before his squad mate died to cancel it. I've had spawns be canceled for that reason, so it's not a flaw in the system.

[quote name='$hady']Anyone else feel that BF games peaked on consoles with Modern Combat? That game was awesome but the Bad Company games have left alot to be desired.

I even liked 1943 more than Bad Company. :/[/QUOTE]

Definitely. Modern Combat was my favorite.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's been fine for me, as I've taken guys down in a few shots to the chest. It could have been a freak occurrence/bug rather than inconsistency.I'm not great at using a grenade launcher for anything but a building, but I've not had trouble with my knife unless I wasn't close enough for the kill animation to happen.

Those two weapons are in different kits (rocket = engineer and grenade launcher = assault), so either you were lucky to have another kit nearby to switch to or this wasn't a short confrontation.[/QUOTE]

Two separate occasions. A grenade launcher to the feet should kill someone. An RPG to the feet should kill someone.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's a quick way to get your squad together quickly and that particular situation sounds like lucky timing for him to have been spawned just before his squad mate died to cancel it. I've had spawns be canceled for that reason, so it's not a flaw in the system.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying it's a flaw like it's a bug. I'm saying it's flawed. It's fucked up. Yeah, the guy probably spawned as I put the last bullet into his squad member's chest. Now I get to die because he spawned on him.

Add me to the not impressed crowd. Which I guess is a good thing with all the other shooters coming out this year.

[quote name='Kreutz']As an engineer, he could have thrown a grenade and then shot the rpg.[/QUOTE]

Grenade launcher, not frag grenades.

[quote name='Trakan']I'm not saying it's a flaw like it's a bug. I'm saying it's flawed. It's fucked up. Yeah, the guy probably spawned as I put the last bullet into his squad member's chest. Now I get to die because he spawned on him.[/QUOTE]
So what would you do make it better? Limit it to spawning off of people that have full health or are outside of a certain distance from the nearest enemy? If you had low health, it's not like you were going to get very far anyway.

Traken you probably just aren't very good....there I said it

As you know, the PC beta (and Xbox 360 demo) for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 released late last week. I have been thoroughly impressed by it. In my preview, I noted that the graphics were quite impressive, but according to DICE, Bad Company 2 will look even better when it releases March 2.
"The 'high' texture detail level isn't implemented in #BFBC PC beta," tweeted DICE rendering architect Johan Andersson. "Is in the final release so will be a bit sharper."
This means we can expect even more detailed textures in the full release. Andersson has also noted that the final build will be getting quite a bit of optimization, meaning the frame rate will be tightened up.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slickkill77']Traken you probably just aren't very good....there I said it

As you know, the PC beta (and Xbox 360 demo) for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 released late last week. I have been thoroughly impressed by it. In my preview, I noted that the graphics were quite impressive, but according to DICE, Bad Company 2 will look even better when it releases March 2.
"The 'high' texture detail level isn't implemented in #BFBC PC beta," tweeted DICE rendering architect Johan Andersson. "Is in the final release so will be a bit sharper."
This means we can expect even more detailed textures in the full release. Andersson has also noted that the final build will be getting quite a bit of optimization, meaning the frame rate will be tightened up.[/QUOTE]

slickrick777 you probably don't know what you're talking about....there I said it

This game looks like crap compared to MW2. The guns look like fisher price toys in comparison.

[quote name='Trakan']slickrick777 you probably don't know what you're talking about....there I said it

This game looks like crap compared to MW2. The guns look like fisher price toys in comparison.[/QUOTE]

You have it all wrong bro. You can't come in this game and be like that. MW2 is a great game, but this is a whole nother game.

Any comparison to MW2 besides vechiles of course is a landslide against this game. That said I played about 3 hour today/tonight and it's still enertaining and a welcome step away from MW2 as we wait for new maps.

I'm getting it at launch using the Bing/GC deal but like I said earlier it's still a far step back from BF2:MC and 1943 gameplay wise which pisses me off to no end. I'll take lower textures and arcadey gameplay anyday and leave the sims to other series.

[quote name='Trakan']slickrick777 you probably don't know what you're talking about....there I said it

This game looks like crap compared to MW2. The guns look like fisher price toys in comparison.[/QUOTE]

And the truth....WILL SET YOU FREE. That's the problem right there, comparing it to MW2.

I actually can find a couple good places on the map to snipe from where nobody really comes after me. If they do actually find me, then I move to a new position.

I tell you what, play BC2 and then go play the first one, you'll be REALLY screwed up with the button layout.

[quote name='Trakan']This game looks like crap compared to MW2. The guns look like fisher price toys in comparison.[/QUOTE]

Oh, you're a MW2 player? Just go back to it then. There I said it.

^

Aren't you the guy who wrote a big nonsensical rant against Battlefield 1943 and it turned out you had actually been playing that Capcom top down World War 2 airplane shooter the whole time? That must have been embarrassing.[quote name='$hady']I'm getting it at launch using the Bing/GC deal...[/QUOTE]What deal is this?

[quote name='Mojimbo']^

Aren't you the guy who wrote a big nonsensical rant against Battlefield 1943 and it turned out you had actually been playing that Capcom top down World War 2 airplane shooter the whole time? That must have been embarrassing.[/QUOTE]
He claimed he purchased BF1943 for $10 on PSN while Xbox 360 owners were overpaying at $15 and his proof was an image showing that he actually purchased 1942: Joint Strike, a Capcom shmup.

Start from here and keep reading past the dead image link he posts.

Ok, well go enjoy camping in Modern Warfare 2 and don't actually bother to read my post that said the game wasn't finished yet. I'll call the wahmbulance for your post because all you did was complain about your lack of skill in killing people: To much health, spawn system etc...And my name's not slickRICK guy. Get it right.

[quote name='slickkill77']Ok well go enjoy camping in Modern Warfare 2 and don't actually bother to read my post that said the game wasn't fully finished yet. I'll call the wahmbulance for your post. And my names not slickRICK guy. Get it right.[/QUOTE]

he's a mw2 fanboy, just ignore his comments. he's probably too busy glitching out of maps, using the care package glitch, or having fun which whatever mw2's newest glitch is.

I don't care what he says I was merely commenting on the fact that he is complaining about silly things. Health? Everyone has the same amount of health so this is a non factor. Especially if you are going to compare it to a game like MW2 where you can get health perks. The spawn system is fine. Learn to stay with and communicate with your teammates. This isn't a one man army game. It's a team based game for a reason. If you go around running and gunning by yourself then you will get spawned on. Knifes are always one hit one kill you probably just missed him.

Everyone doesn't enjoy the same things, but don't even get me started on the number of actual issues that MW2 has.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']You have it all wrong bro. You can't come in this game and be like that. MW2 is a great game, but this is a whole nother game.[/QUOTE]

I'm talking about things like the textures and details of the guns. They look awful in comparison.

[quote name='slickkill77']Ok, well go enjoy camping in Modern Warfare 2 and don't actually bother to read my post that said the game wasn't finished yet. I'll call the wahmbulance for your post because all you did was complain about your lack of skill in killing people: To much health, spawn system etc...And my name's not slickRICK guy. Get it right.[/QUOTE]

Heh, the COD maps are so small in comparison that I don't know how you can complain about camping there compared to this game. COD shows you exactly where you were killed from. If you can't go back and kill him, you deserve to be killed again. The maps in this game are so huge, that people are hiding in the stupidest corners and camping for kills.

My name's not Traken either, genius.

Touche sir but at least I was closer than you: Rick vs kill

And I'll post this for you since obviously you want to keep ignoring it:

"The 'high' texture detail level isn't implemented in #BFBC PC beta," tweeted
This means we can expect even more detailed textures in the full release. Andersson has also noted that the final build will be getting quite a bit of optimization, meaning the frame rate will be tightened up.
DICE rendering architect Johan Andersson. "Is in the final release so will be a bit sharper."

Also you must be really ignorant if you think camping is more of a problem in this game than it is in MW2. You can take your Modern Warfar 2 hype blinders off, its ok. COD does show you where you got killed but that's not the point. I'm not raging at getting killed. I was good at MW2. Its the fact that 80% of people camp somewhere during the entirety of the match.

Last edited by a moderator:
slickrick777, I shouldn't have to spell this out for you, but I intentionally misspelled your name because you can't read mine.

You deserve to be killed from campers if you let them stay there.

Cheese and crackers, It's sad that I have to say this but, STOP CRAPPING THIS THREAD UP and Take it to PM's or AIM or something else. Jeez.

Anyways, anybody up for some Demo tonight? If ya see me on there just send an invite or a mesaage, I'll be glad to hop onto your squad

Last night I pulled my pistol out thinking, Yah easy kill. Instead I put a tracer on the guy and got knifed....Damn Tracer gun!

BF:BC 2 and COD MW2 feel completely different, but both are good. Now hug it out, bitches.

After playing the demo, I will pick this up, just because of the dogtags thing. I love that. If MW2 added that, I'd be set for life.

I had a fairly negative opinion on this game a couple pages back. I've since played it some more, and my outlook is slightly more positive.

I think many of my issues were related to the demo being crowded when I tried to play.

I still think DICE needs to improve the framerate, but I can see myself playing this. I loved BF 1943 on XBL, and this plays enough like it.

Also, please don't think criticsim of this game means I'm a MW2 fanboy. I do love MW2, but I'm not suggesting that this game try to be more like it. My comparison basis is that MW2 runs and plays much more smoothly than this. It seems to me at times that BFBC2 is trying too much. Yeah tanks and planes, and quads, and fully destructible environments are all great, but not if the game engine can't smoothly handle it all.

I'm still on the fence about a day one purchase. If I'm bored of MW2 by March, I'll get this.

bread's done
Back