Battlefield Bad Company 2; Vietnam (1200 points) out; plus 4 new free maps

[quote name='Scorch']BF:BC 2 and COD MW2 feel completely different, but both are good. Now hug it out, bitches.

After playing the demo, I will pick this up, just because of the dogtags thing. I love that. If MW2 added that, I'd be set for life.[/QUOTE]

They had that in the first game too. Unfortunately it was kind of broken until one of the patches but they do add something to the game.

I am enjoying it. In comparison though, I really like 60 FPS or whatever COD has. I'm no expert on computer graphics, but I can't help but think that the ultra-high frame rate is tied to the ultra plasticky and generally uninteractive settings of the COD series. Could this possibly be the case?

[quote name='Puffa469']Also, please don't think criticsim of this game means I'm a MW2 fanboy. I do love MW2, but I'm not suggesting that this game try to be more like it. My comparison basis is that MW2 runs and plays much more smoothly than this. [/QUOTE]

Thank you. I'm think MW2 sets the new standard.

[quote name='Trakan']Thank you. I'm think MW2 sets the new standard.[/QUOTE]

:facepalm: Ok, we freaking get it. MW2 this, MW2 that. Jeez, Most of us play BF to get away from the players of MW2 cause they are such "UbEr Pwnr's!!". Yah, No thanks. I'll stick to my BF anyday of the week honestly.

One of the most satisfying things is also dropping a house on a couple of enemies......and teammates but yet, still awesome lol. I also think the stabbing is really satisfying for some odd reason.

[quote name='jughead']I am enjoying it. In comparison though, I really like 60 FPS or whatever COD has. I'm no expert on computer graphics, but I can't help but think that the ultra-high frame rate is tied to the ultra plasticky and generally uninteractive settings of the COD series. Could this possibly be the case?

You guys do realize your still judging a demo(which the developer has already stated that the full game will be fixed in terms of graphics and framerate) vs a full game right?

And this is the same demo they used @ PAX which was the first week of Sept. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same code just patched for online multi.

How do you mute someone in the game without having to find them in your recent players list in the XBox guide? There was someone in our game mumbling in a foreign language and I couldn't figure out who it was to mute them and it ruined my experience playing the demo.

Also I thought I was playing this on the PS3 for a bit: in a full room of 24 players over about 6 games only 3 people talked; myself, the mumbler, and some little kid.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']:facepalm: Ok, we freaking get it. MW2 this, MW2 that. Jeez, Most of us play BF to get away from the players of MW2 cause they are such "UbEr Pwnr's!!". Yah, No thanks. I'll stick to my BF anyday of the week honestly.[/QUOTE]

Everyone can voice their opinion on this website.

There always has been and always will be people comparing video games in the same genre. It's something you're going to have to get used to. Any game that comes out after Gears will have people comparing the cover systems.

[quote name='slickkill77']You guys do realize your still judging a demo(which the developer has already stated that the full game will be fixed in terms of graphics and framerate) vs a full game right?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm sure certain things will be polished/tightened up but if you think the difference is going to be night and day you're kidding yourself. This demo is pretty indicative of the final product.

[quote name='Trakan']Everyone can voice their opinion on this website.

There always has been and always will be people comparing video games in the same genre. It's something you're going to have to get used to. Any game that comes out after Gears will have people comparing the cover systems.[/QUOTE]

There is a difference in voicing your opinion and just completely crapping up a thread. Oh and btw, I hate Gears of War, I always like the Kill.Switch cover system in which I thought Gears of War took over. So yes, I hate Gears of War with a pation. That's the end of my discussion with you. Thank you! Come Again!!

Anyways, I have yet to get into the Mini Helicopter, but it looks fun.

[quote name='Trakan']Thank you. I'm think MW2 sets the new standard.[/QUOTE]

Of low texture res, high frame rate and just throwing a bunch of shit on the screen. Not much of a feat.

Not to mention the myriad of game-breaking glitches found on a weekly basis.

I liked the visuals of the Demo and it looks like it may be fun long term......but not $60 fun. This game has added little that I can see so far to warrant a day 1 purchase on my end.

Just my opinion.......don't hate

[quote name='lowgear26']I liked the visuals of the Demo and it looks like it may be fun long term......but not $60 fun. This game has added little that I can see so far to warrant a day 1 purchase on my end.

Just my opinion.......don't hate[/QUOTE]

No hatred cause you stated in such a nice form and didn't jump straight to the MW2 thing. So no hate, just like some others have stated they like MW2 but also like BC2 which is fine, but when you start crapping up a thread cause of how awesome MW2 is compared to this, it gets annoying and just ruins the thread for people in general.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Anyways, the mini copter is a UAV, the missles are great for taking out helis and stationary targets like snipers or 50 cal machine guns.[/QUOTE]

Can the UAV pinpoint people and broadcast them on the radar to team or what?

You can always use the back button to spot people. I'm still dissapointed that they got rid of the missile strikes (don't remember what they were called) from Battlefield 2

[quote name='Vulcan2422']No hatred cause you stated in such a nice form and didn't jump straight to the MW2 thing. So no hate, just like some others have stated they like MW2 but also like BC2 which is fine, but when you start crapping up a thread cause of how awesome MW2 is compared to this, it gets annoying and just ruins the thread for people in general.

Can the UAV pinpoint people and broadcast them on the radar to team or what?[/QUOTE]

I am not sure, have to check that out. I wonder if they are going to have an artillary gun like BFBC 1?

I ran into a game today where someone took the Apache flew around killing people then flew to the part of the map where nobody was anymore repaired and repeated this process. Really fucking irritating.

What exactly is the requirement for getting someones dog tag? I mainly noticed I get them from knife kills but I don't remember if I got any from regular kills or not. I really like that feature too.

[quote name='slickkill77']You guys do realize your still judging a demo(which the developer has already stated that the full game will be fixed in terms of graphics and framerate) vs a full game right?[/QUOTE]

I realize, which is why I'll reserve final judgement until I play the full game.

I have to start thinking about what platform I'll want to play on. This is 360, PS3, and PC right? I prefer to play games on the 360 all things being equal.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']What exactly is the requirement for getting someones dog tag? I mainly noticed I get them from knife kills but I don't remember if I got any from regular kills or not. I really like that feature too.[/QUOTE]

It's only knife kills.

I just downloaded the demo this morning and I'm loving it. It's a nice change of pace from the corridors and corners of MW2, with the much more open maps and vehicles. The visuals are really cool too, although for some reason trees and vegetation looks horrendous up close.

Why are people so terrible at this game? It's as if this demo is populated with children who can't actually afford new games and just play demos all day.

From the old PS3 demo, no you can't mark targets via the UAV. Might be a away of pushing the use of the headset.

And as far as air-strikes, the RECON class gets a device which can call in a strike (at least it did in the PS3 beta). Just have to aim where you want it to land then hold fire until it charges all the way. Took about 3-4 seconds to charge. Then the strike is slightly delayed too, for about the same amount of time. Guessing it is some sort of laser guidance, because if something breaks the beam it restarts. Then the arty strike comes straight down from above. Good for blowing up buildings.

I played a game last night where the enemy team really knew what they were doing.

I was an attacker, and when I joined the defenders had control of two of our armored vehicles, the attack helicopter, and some little tiny helicopter I had never seen before.

Our entire team sucked, and we were getting owned soo bad that I couldn't even get down the side of the hill toward the base without getting sniped or gunned down by the tanks.

We lost miserably, but it showed me what a determined team of skilled players can do against a random collection of scrubs.

[quote name='uglyteradon']Were you in my game, Puffa469? This sounds familiar.[/QUOTE]

It's possible. My GT is Puffa469. I was playing around 8-9pm EST last night.

I got a sweeet Tank kill while defending last night. This enemy took the tank down the hill on the far right side, thru all the trees and rocks. I was effin around in our base and I run around the corner of a building and BAM! Right into the tank. I was literally looking down the barrel of his gun and didn't know he was there until I hit him. He blows me away.

I respawn and run back to where the tank is. Theres this mounted rocket launcher on a tripod thing, so I press B to use it. The tank is behind a fence directly to my left scoping out the situation. I wait... The tank moves forward and crosses my path directly in front of me. I mean literally 4 feet away from the barrel of my missle launcher thing. I pull the trigger and the tank explodes in my face. I got 2 kills, plus the tank, plus revenge, plus like 3 other medals and a ton of points.

I'm starting to like this game more the more I play it.

Wow... That sounds as gay as my death where I empty a full clip of my light machine gun point blank, he keeps running, and knifes me. :/

[quote name='uglyteradon']Why are people so terrible at this game? It's as if this demo is populated with children who can't actually afford new games and just play demos all day.[/QUOTE]

Generally all Battlefield games are like that. A lot of the people have zero awareness as far as what is going on around them.

[quote name='slickkill77']Generally all Battlefield games are like that. A lot of the people have zero awareness as far as what is going on around them.[/QUOTE]

Haha totally agreed. Pick up your scar, insert behind enemy lines, and start shooting. People will never tell the difference between you and their team, BF players are generally retarded. I hate when I see a jackass get in the chopper too. Some dumb-ass always runs for it and flys it into the building behind him. But I agree with most posts that this is an utter let down, anyone know if the graphics will be better in the final version??

According to Dice they are adding some high res textures that were not in the demo yet.... I love when idiots get in the chopper and they make it flip or they crash into a mountain.

Bad Company got a 9.5 from Game Informer. The scans of the box were released and they had the review score on the back.
http://www.respawnaction.com/2010/02/battlfield-bad-company-2-box-reveals.html
200634_lback.jpg

Online stat tracking is back from the first game and 1943

[quote name='Puffa469']Funny how GI has reviewed a game that wont be released until March.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure the console versions are done by now.

[quote name='slickkill77']Online stat tracking is back from the first game and 1943[/QUOTE]

Infinity Ward, take notice. People want online stat tracking. No online stat tracking for Modern Warfare 2 is bush league.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but do you guys think that an MG on the UAV is too much? I love piloting choppers, but that gun can take out my chopper in about 20 seconds. I think it is way overpowered.

[quote name='MemphisChill901']How much do you think EA paid for that rating?[/QUOTE]

Go away.

Bioshock 2 had official reviews in January. Bad Company is only a month a way. Big games always get earlier reviews from Magazines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xxDOYLExx']The gamestop logo on the back of the box is a little suspect[/QUOTE]

It is also on the Gamestop website. Gamestop was just lazy as hell with their photoshop.

[quote name='slickkill77']Generally all Battlefield games are like that. A lot of the people have zero awareness as far as what is going on around them.[/QUOTE]

I seriously feel that me and my friends carry whatever team we are playing on most of the time. I often find teammates running tanks off into oblivion or just touching each other inappropriately.

[quote name='slickkill77']Go away.

Bioshock 2 had official reviews in January. Bad Company is only a month a way. Big games always get earlier reviews from Magazines[/QUOTE]

Wow, you're pretty quick to anger there bud. All I was saying is it's a possibility.

Yah, he is. Just ignore him.

Talked to the Manager last night and he said that people that Pre-order do get the limited Edition, but if somebody comes in after wards without a Pre-Order then it's gonna be around 80 bucks for the LE. From what you were trying to make it sound slick slickkill is that ANYBODY that buys the game is getting the LE.

So get your pre-orders in people!!

Manager also confirmed that they are doing a Midnight launch and I shall be there getting my copy.

Back onto Gameplay topic, I can't believe how many people RUN to that damn UAV like there life depends on it. I tried it out last night when the Game was only 3v3 and it was fun. Apparently there is only rockets on it though? I thought I saw one with machine gun fire.

[quote name='MemphisChill901']Wow, you're pretty quick to anger there bud. All I was saying is it's a possibility.[/QUOTE]

So why doesn't Sony pay GI to raise it's score for MAG from a 7 to a 9? It's just not going to happen, MAG is a very well made game, but it got a 7. DICE consistently churns out great shooter after shooter, so shut your damn mouth.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']So why doesn't Sony pay GI to raise it's score for MAG from a 7 to a 9? It's just not going to happen, MAG is a very well made game, but it got a 7. DICE consistently churns out great shooter after shooter, so shut you damn mouth.[/QUOTE]

The language! Come on man be civil. MAG got what it deserved, it was ambitious, but poorly executed from what I've seen. Maybe you shouldn't get on the internet if you cant be nice. I meant it in a joking fashion, but you and your buddy pulled out the guns and got all butt hurt. But, being the guy that I am, I forgive you little one.

Wow whats with the influx of all these stupid new users?

Anyways, that sounds great a midnight launch. I don't agree with charging 80 for the LE, when all the first prints are LEs.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Yah, he is. Just ignore him.

Talked to the Manager last night and he said that people that Pre-order do get the limited Edition, but if somebody comes in after wards without a Pre-Order then it's gonna be around 80 bucks for the LE. From what you were trying to make it sound slick slickkill is that ANYBODY that buys the game is getting the LE.

So get your pre-orders in people!!

Manager also confirmed that they are doing a Midnight launch and I shall be there getting my copy.

Back onto Gameplay topic, I can't believe how many people RUN to that damn UAV like there life depends on it. I tried it out last night when the Game was only 3v3 and it was fun. Apparently there is only rockets on it though? I thought I saw one with machine gun fire.[/QUOTE]

That hurts. Are you still mad that I burst your LE bubble?

[quote name='slickkill77']That hurts. Are you still mad that I burst your LE bubble?[/QUOTE]

No, but you been really meh recently. Not sure why, maybe it's the FL weather. :p

Anybody up for a game tonight?

bread's done
Back