Battlefield Bad Company 2; Vietnam (1200 points) out; plus 4 new free maps

Sorry but I don't appreciate people trolling the thread with stupid comments about Ea bribing GI. And the thing with Trakan is over so come on........

[quote name='slickkill77']Sorry but I don't appreciate people trolling the thread with stupid comments about Ea bribing GI. And the thing with Trakan is over so come on........[/QUOTE]

Don't start it again...

That guy is shitting on GI, not BC2. You know, GI, who's owned by GS?

I find it funny that your attacking Vulcan and Trakan now. You were originally pissed at me for making a comment about GAME INFORMER. Unless your a GI fanatic you shouldn't be getting pissed off. Look to stop this crap, you are right I am wrong. And fatmanforlife, your right I'm the one that looks stupid here right? So stop fighting about this please and move back to the subject. Apparently you two must be treated like children.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']I let it go, but you just dont fucking stop. You came in here spewing your nonsense, just shut the fuck up and go play MW2, fanboy[/QUOTE]

I'm not a MW2 fanboy, nor did I ever even comment on MW2 . And spewing nonsense? No, I said "How much do you think EA paid GI for that 9.5". It was a joke, until you and your friend started using lewd language and getting mad. I don't think you "let it go" you said "where are all these stupid people coming from?" or something along those lines. I do enjoy how pissed you get when I am talking to you in a calm manner though! it really goes to show you cannot control yourself. So not only are you posting lies ( I dislike MW2), you are continually being disruptive to the thread, and using unkind words to attack a rather calm opponent. If you'd like I will continue this in a PM, I would enjoy making you look worse than you already have made your self appear .:applause:

I hear alot of experienced BF players say things like 'Everyone who plays this game is an idiot' or 'No one seems to know what they are doing'.

As a relative noob to BF games (only played BF1943) I have to say that the controls and objectives in this game are not very clearly spelled out.

Theres no tutorial (loading screen blurbs do not count) and no way to play offline with bots, so it's essentially a trial by fire.

I've played this demo nearly every day since it came out and I learn something new each game.

I had no idea I was suppossed to 'Spot' enemies by hitting the back button. I learned that on the Gamefaqs board.

I also knew nothing about a 'Tracker' gun that I apparently unlocked. Again I read this on the board, the game never mentioned it (that I recall). Now I can earn points by tagging things for my teamates to destroy.

Last night I was saw a teamate standing at some little computer station in the middle of our spawn area, no idea what that thing is.

I only knew you could switch positions in a vehicle without exiting it from playing BF1943.

These are all new gameplay mechanics for me, so not all noobs are stupid, or clueless. Well, I guess we are clueless, but I blame the game for that. The demo's only been out for a week, the CoD people need time to figure out the more advanced options that this game offers.

I've been a huge BF fan since 1942, with 2 still being my favorite, but I disliked Bad Company 1. I really wanted to like it, but there were so many issues that shouldn't have been issues. The squad system was broken; the guns weren't balanced well, and everyone resorted to using the ridiculously long-range, overpowered shotgun; and it was too easy to repair spam.

I've been playing the BC2 demo and have been enjoying it immensely--fixes everything I hated about the first. The guns are so much more balanced, and it's actually fun to play this time around. Can't wait for the release. I'm already addicted to the damn demo.

Same here from 1942. I disliked Bad Company for the spawn camping--yeah, its great when your doing the camping, but then it turns on you...damn that karma.

The only thing I dislike from BF:BC2 is that they just sort of ported the weapons over from BC. I really wanted to see some new ones. Doesn't matter though, I'll still be addicted like I was in the beta.

[quote name='Puffa469']I hear alot of experienced BF players say things like 'Everyone who plays this game is an idiot' or 'No one seems to know what they are doing'.

As a relative noob to BF games (only played BF1943) I have to say that the controls and objectives in this game are not very clearly spelled out.

Theres no tutorial (loading screen blurbs do not count) and no way to play offline with bots, so it's essentially a trial by fire.

I've played this demo nearly every day since it came out and I learn something new each game.

I had no idea I was suppossed to 'Spot' enemies by hitting the back button. I learned that on the Gamefaqs board.

I also knew nothing about a 'Tracker' gun that I apparently unlocked. Again I read this on the board, the game never mentioned it (that I recall). Now I can earn points by tagging things for my teamates to destroy.

Last night I was saw a teamate standing at some little computer station in the middle of our spawn area, no idea what that thing is.

I only knew you could switch positions in a vehicle without exiting it from playing BF1943.

These are all new gameplay mechanics for me, so not all noobs are stupid, or clueless. Well, I guess we are clueless, but I blame the game for that. The demo's only been out for a week, the CoD people need time to figure out the more advanced options that this game offers.[/QUOTE]

On BFBC 1, the loading screen before you were put into battle gave you a rundown of things, kinda. I do agree it's not user friendly, but once you get the hang of everything and find your favorite weapons, you should like it.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']On BFBC 1, the loading screen before you were put into battle gave you a rundown of things, kinda. I do agree it's not user friendly, but once you get the hang of everything and find your favorite weapons, you should like it.[/QUOTE]

I already like it, and I think I'm going to get this at launch. But I'd expect to see alot of moronic behaviour from newb teammates for a while after launch.

Just last night I figured out that I unlocked a better Assualt Rifle for my assault class.

Oh and collecting Dog Tags KICKS ASS!!! This is my new favortie thing to do. I wish MW2 had this, cos I'd have hundreds by now! lol

I only figured out where the knife button was last night.

I kept clicking in the right stick to knife, ala CoD, which in this game is kneel down.

It must have looked like I was running around trying to blow everyone.

This is pretty fun but as most "modern warfare"-type games I am pretty terrible. haha

I have to say though, it's always fun when you stumble upon a sniper and stand behind him until he gets up / notices you're there, then you knife him.

i'm really enjoying the demo, just finally got into 2nd rank, or whatever...first day purchase for me, without a doubt. good change from MW2.

I love the demo played a handful of games.

I am really liking it more than MW2 because it addresses my biggest problems. I like how BC2 organically creates a narrative and makes you feel like you are working as a team. It is not as pretty as MW2 but I like the atmosphere more. Its feels like a war where as MW2 feels like sneaking around finding one or two enemies shooting at each other for a couple seconds then moving on/standing in one spot for another minute or so.

Don't get me wrong I love MW2 but I am really thinking I will love BC2 even more.

Love the demo, preordered it at Amazon. And actually... sold my copy of MW2. There's only room in my time for one modern warfare-ish game, and this just suits me much better. MW2 online is too fast-paced and spastic for me.

[quote name='HydroX']I'm actually tempted to get this even though I am terrible at these types of games.[/QUOTE]

From what I'm seeing, you dont have to kill a ton of enemies to be successful at this game. Someone can play Medic, and revive everyone, and be the top scorer on the team. They really reward you for playing to your classes traits, and that doesn't always involve shooting people.

Where as in a game like MW2, if you can't shoot quickly and accurately, your never going to do well.

Question for BF vets.

When I'm running around the map, I often see medpacs or some kind of health boxes lying on the ground. I cannot figure out how to pick these up. Can I only grab them if I'm injured? Also, can I drop these for my teammates?

[quote name='Puffa469']Question for BF vets.

When I'm running around the map, I often see medpacs or some kind of health boxes lying on the ground. I cannot figure out how to pick these up. Can I only grab them if I'm injured? Also, can I drop these for my teammates?[/QUOTE]

I've tried figuring this out as well. Every once in awhile, while playing with some buttons I end up throwing what looks like an ammo pack out. After I use some ammo and reload I try to run over and pick some up, but for the life of me I can't figure this out.

The health packs are dropped from medics. Just stand near them to heal up. Same deal with ammo packs, but I forget which class drops them. I always play medic.

[quote name='Bretts31344']The health packs are dropped from medics. Just stand near them to heal up. Same deal with ammo packs, but I forget which class drops them. I always play medic.[/QUOTE]

I believe Assault class drops the ammo.

So you just need to stand near these items for a moment to get health/ammo?

I guess the strategy is to drop these in chokepoints and other areas where your teammates are likely to get shot up?

I can't wait to play this tonight now that I know soo much more about whats going on.

[quote name='Puffa469']I believe Assault class drops the ammo.

I guess the strategy is to drop these in chokepoints and other areas where your teammates are likely to get shot up?

I can't wait to play this tonight now that I know soo much more about whats going on.[/QUOTE]

Yea, just stand near them and they will slowly regenerate health/ammo. Health goes up in small chunks and ammo goes up by clips I believe. I think your right about the assault class, they definitely drop the ammo. You get more points for assisting squad mates this way too. Another tip is to spot/mark every enemy you see. I always mark them before shooting (maybe a bad call in some cases), but that way even if you die, your whole team sees the enemy as a huge bright red mark. Always join a squad to get more points/exp and to have multiple spawn points.

[quote name='Puffa469']I believe Assault class drops the ammo.

I can't wait to play this tonight now that I know soo much more about whats going on.[/QUOTE]
Ammo's best for higher traffic areas and whenever you see teammates staying in one spot to snipe, so it's easy to toss an ammo box next to them to keep them filled up and get some big points yourself.

Ok got the demo played it today im a noob with ALOT of questions!

Assault class - seems weak the default assault rifle can't kill shit from far away even when I aim down the sites do I need to play this class closer?

Medic - didn't play it

Engineer - my favorite class soo far the sub machine gun is easy to get kills with the rpg can take out tanks and repairing vehicles is fun soo far so good!

sniper - VERY HARD to get kills with ! any tips? i hit them but don't kill them

im not enjoying the game seems like a lot of run spray and pray

now for game mechanics it seems it takes a lot of bullets to take down someone going to play more but I prestiged twice in MW COD 2 and im finding this game difficult?

seems like aiming down the sites is a waste hip firing is better?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BoneMonkey80']Ok got the demo played it today im a noob with ALOT of questions!

Assault class - seems weak the default assault rifle can't kill shit from far away even when I aim down the sites do I need to play this class closer?
They have lowered the power of the assault classes significantly. The later guns you unlock make it better though

Medic - didn't play it
The most fun class there is. Hands down

sniper - VERY HARD to get kills with ! any tips? i hit them but don't kill them
You have to account for bullet drop aka gravity. Headshots are the only one shot kill

im not enjoying the game seems like a lot of run spray and pray

now for game mechanics it seems it takes a lot of bullets to take down someone going to play more but I prestiged twice in MW COD 2 and im finding this game difficult?

seems like aiming down the sites is a waste hip firing is better?
[/QUOTE]

This is a team oriented game. Mw 2 doesn't exactly take skill and it is more of a one man army type of game. BF is about team strategy and working together. Your team has to be balanced between classes.

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']

seems like aiming down the sites is a waste hip firing is better?[/QUOTE]

I shoot from the iron sight (or scopes once I unlock them) in small short bursts while crouching. That seems to work the best so far.

The only gripes I have are:

(1) The health should not regenerate. I loved how medics used to be an essential part of the team, and that if you got hurt, some one would patch you up. Now medics are useless except for the defibrillator. From what I've seen in the demo, the med kit is useless, it really doesn't do anything.

(2) With the Ammo dumps gone, that removes a focal point for action. I remember in BF:BC1 I had some amazing fights around the ammo dumps, with both teams fighting for control of what was a fun, and critical part of the game-play, (to me at least).

(3) The UAV is over powered. Were it just the missile it would be ok, but the alternate fire perk makes them ridiculous. I mean a UAV can shoot down a chopper in about 20 seconds, and they are so small that I cannot hit them with my missiles (from the AH-64D).

(4) The interface, I don't like it. I guess it's because I'm a huge fan of the first BF:BC, they should have kept it the same.

(5) Random bumping. I'm not sure if it's just me but in the demo there is a lot of random bumping on foot, as well as in vehicles, and especially in air vehicles. (Does anyone know if it's supposed to be concussions from bombs or explosions?)

(6) Random A-10 Gunship strafing. What the hell? Why did they put this in if you can't control where the bombs will be dropped or pilot the plane (I really was hoping for flyable planes!)

(7) Ugly backgrounds. While having beautiful battle zone textures, it looks like they didn't spend much time on the areas out of the battle zone.

Don't get me wrong, this is my most anticipated game of 2010, and one of my favorite titles. I have played Battle Field since 1942, and have stuck with it all the way through 2142, and through the BF:BC series, and I have seen the best and worst Battle Field games, and from playing this I really can't compare it to anything but 2142, which it resembles in some ways. The demo did disappoint me some-what, but hopefully they will fix somethings in the finished product.

[quote name='Bretts31344']I shoot from the iron sight (or scopes once I unlock them) in small short bursts while crouching. That seems to work the best so far.[/QUOTE]
You mean in the real game? I'm fairly certain scopes weren't unlockable in the demo.

[quote name='matto1233']You mean in the real game? I'm fairly certain scopes weren't unlockable in the demo.[/QUOTE]

Ahh sorry. I played the PS3 beta and am currently playing the PC one. If you play enough, you can get the unlockable upgrades/weapons.

medics don't seem to heal ppl in the game they use there own health packs for them and use LMG to pick ppl off from afar to the point everyone is being a medic

im just not having fun with this game its frustrating any tips?

Wait for the full game. With most of the upgrades being blocked outside of one gun per class, you're not going to find much more depth than what you've currently found.

Also, I don't think health regenerates. The screen turns red when you're shot repeatedly as a sign of how close to death you are, but your health doesn't go up unless you find a health pack to heal up. If you notice the stats of the people that kill you, most aren't full even you didn't get to shoot them before being killed.

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']medics don't seem to heal ppl in the game they use there own health packs for them[/QUOTE]

Most of the time I have success is if it's a key point where people are the frontline battling with the enemy. Otherwise the moron doesn't know I'm running after him trying to give him health. Another way is how a friend and I help each other out by being a medic and engineer for both health and ammo.

Generally, if your team sucks you'll have less fun. If I'm towards the top it's usually a bad sign although I have an easier time playing since BC2 is almost as natural for me as RSV2.

You really need a good squad for this game. I've been playing the demo daily with 2-3 of my friends and it keeps the game very entertaining. My personal best was 24 kills in one round (one of my friends has gotten over 70! in one round) but I can keep up in score with the better players by de-fibbing, setting up strategic med kits, and occasionally repairing vehicles when I switch to the engineer. I tend to default to medic with a shotgun though, although sniper with a shot is really good to defend certain bases, and assault with a shotgun gets C-4 ;). As far as UAVs, if you notice a pesky one, pick recon as your next class. Select the one-shot sniper rifle. You can snipe those UAVs in one or two shots.

In the end, teamwork is what makes this game fun. I have not, and won't play it without at least one other person I know.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Wait for the full game. With most of the upgrades being blocked outside of one gun per class, you're not going to find much more depth than what you've currently found.

Also, I don't think health regenerates. The screen turns red when you're shot repeatedly as a sign of how close to death you are, but your health doesn't go up unless you find a health pack to heal up. If you notice the stats of the people that kill you, most aren't full even you didn't get to shoot them before being killed.[/QUOTE]

There is no health bar, so no way to know.

I don't know if the medic is the only one that can see it, but there certainly is a health bar. It appears over your teammates heads, underneath their name. Also, when you die you can see what % health your killer had left.

[quote name='Kreutz']
In the end, teamwork is what makes this game fun. I have not, and won't play it without at least one other person I know.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. It has always been like this for Battlefield games to some extent, but I have not won a single game in the PC beta while attacking because no one works together. No one has a headset, much less talks through chat. I try repairing tanks and they just drive toward the objectives with 50% health. It doesn't help when half your team selects the recon class either... I think I am going to quit playing unless I can convince some of my friends to play too.

Overall fun game though not sure if I will buy it when it first comes out or wait for price drops.

[quote name='MemphisChill901'](7) Ugly backgrounds. While having beautiful battle zone textures, it looks like they didn't spend much time on the areas out of the battle zone. [/QUOTE]

I actually really love the look of the mountains. Gorgeous.

[quote name='Kreutz']I don't know if the medic is the only one that can see it, but there certainly is a health bar. It appears over your teammates heads, underneath their name. Also, when you die you can see what % health your killer had left.[/QUOTE]

Yes I know this, but there isn't a personal health bar.

[quote name='gkrykewy']I actually really love the look of the mountains. Gorgeous.[/QUOTE]

Not the Mountains, they are great. The city in the background is ugly and poorly done.

bread's done
Back