Battlefield Bad Company 2; Vietnam (1200 points) out; plus 4 new free maps

[quote name='Puffa469']This has happened to me a few times, and it happened last night once.

It's not in the middle of a game that I get kicked, but when I'm first about to get into a game. I'll be on the screen where it says 'YES! Put me in a Squad' waiting for the map to load. The screen will go black, and I'll be dumped back to the dashboard. And I was only kicked from the game, I was still logged into Live.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's where it's happened to me in the past, hasn't done it for a while though.

Because of peoples' styles of play (not so much skill level), teams are too inconsistent. Moreso than Gears 2 and Halo 3 MLG. I am having to leave so many games of Recon sniper-wannabe teams before I find a good game that people actually take the fight to their faces and plays their roles! Then my random squad will eventually get teamed up with 4 other guys who don't do shit and thinks they are always on the "Attack"!

Add me please before I snap my disc!

tag: MachShot

[quote name='Ronin317']Apparently the Dr. Pepper DLC is delayed...
http://twitter.com/OfficialBFBC2
"Today's DLC on the in game store has had a last minute delay, we are working with our partners to have this released in the near future."[/QUOTE]

Such Bull Shit, Guess I'll keep playing Metro 2033 till the DLC actually comes out. Man that pisses me of so damn much.

Near future probably means next year sometime or some crap.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Such Bull Shit, Guess I'll keep playing Metro 2033 till the DLC actually comes out. Man that pisses me of so damn much.

Near future probably means next year sometime or some crap.[/QUOTE]

You realize that the Dr. Pepper stuff is just some camo skins for certain weapons, right? Nothing that will have an actual effect on gameplay. Definitely nothing to get so butthurt over.

I thought it was more than that? Like weapon unlocks, unifrom, and weapon skins. I know there are definitely uniforms included in the Dr. Pepper DLC.

[quote name='Ronin317']I thought it was more than that? Like weapon unlocks, unifrom, and weapon skins. I know there are definitely uniforms included in the Dr. Pepper DLC.[/QUOTE]

They're all visual unlocks for the (best) weapons and each kit if I remember correctly.

[quote name='SteveGo']You realize that the Dr. Pepper stuff is just some camo skins for certain weapons, right? Nothing that will have an actual effect on gameplay. Definitely nothing to get so butthurt over.[/QUOTE]

I know this, but it pisses me off. I was looking forward to the DLC a lot today.

It will be nice cause the one class I have completed is the Recon class, so I want a camo M16 and a new class. Hopefully I can have C4 as well. But we will see. So yes, I am butt hurt over it cause it's one of those things I have been waiting for since I heard about the Dr. Pepper DLC. So now, Metro 2033 will get some more love and Just Cause 2 will get some love when it comes out unless they release it soon. I just think if your gonna say March 18th, then come out with the DLC on the 18th.

[quote name='menikmati']Wut? I don't start out with the med pack or defib? Shit, looks like I'm going to be the squishy for a while.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it sucks for a couple of games until you get that stuff. Same thing with the other classes. Wanna repair your vehicle? Too bad.

I just had an amazing game, I ended up 22-2. I actually had a cult following, 4 or 5 snipers kept following me to my spots and so we would run out of hiding spots and get spotted. I probably could of gone 40-0 but they kept taking my kills and then since we were getting spotted I would get hit with a random M95 shot.

[quote name='menikmati']Wut? I don't start out with the med pack or defib? Shit, looks like I'm going to be the squishy for a while.[/QUOTE]

That's odd, I don't have the LE edition and I started out with a medkit and a defib on my medic class.

[quote name='GenPirate']That's odd, I don't have the LE edition and I started out with a medkit and a defib on my medic class.[/QUOTE]

If you have a certain level of veteran status, you'll automatically have them when you first begin multiplayer. I know when I started I didn't have them, I went and registered a couple battlefield games I own and then when I went back, they were unlocked.

Probably a stupid question but how do I change my clan tag, I'm talking about the 3 letter thingy in front of my name, can't find an option to change it anywhere, is it done on my EA account or something ?

[quote name='benjamouth']Probably a stupid question but how do I change my clan tag, I'm talking about the 3 letter thingy in front of my name, can't find an option to change it anywhere, is it done on my EA account or something ?[/QUOTE]

Go to the "Play with friends" menu and press start.

I'm starting to get really good with the tank. A randon squadmate actually sent me a message the other day that said 'fuck your a great tanker!' I felt pretty good about that. I remember him being my gunner on a T90 and we rolled through the enemy team, getting 15 or so kills each before we finally lost the tank. Of course we would jsut get in the next one and do it again! lol

Last night as an Defender on Valdez I stole and kept a T90 for nearly the entire game. After the enemy cleared out the third set of MComs I just hung around in my tank after it told us to move up to defend the last two points. I was now in the middle of the enemy spawn. I killed 22 enemies before they blew up my tank. It was like a shooting gallery.

I also learned to up my game and was able to spot and destroy several AT Mines. Now I'm in the habit of looking for and destroying them. so my tank will stay alive even longer.

[quote name='HydroX']Is there a way to completely erase your clan tag? I can't seem to negate mine.[/QUOTE]

Play with Friends -> Start A Squad (Just so you can tell when it disappears) -> Hit Start

Now go ahead and type in three letters, any should work and click done/hit start. Now go back again and press start, hit backspace on all three characters and then hit start or done to finish.

[quote name='Draekon']Play with Friends -> Start A Squad (Just so you can tell when it disappears) -> Hit Start

Now go ahead and type in three letters, any should work and click done/hit start. Now go back again and press start, hit backspace on all three characters and then hit start or done to finish.[/QUOTE]

See, I tried that and my "Done" was grayed out. :whistle2:k

I just checked again and it works. I could do it without changing my clan tag once too, just adding a character and hitting backspace. Then hit start to confirm the change.

So I dunno.

[quote name='Draekon']If you have a certain level of veteran status, you'll automatically have them when you first begin multiplayer. I know when I started I didn't have them, I went and registered a couple battlefield games I own and then when I went back, they were unlocked.[/QUOTE]

That explains why, I am Vet Rank 3 at the moment.

So an argument for this game I hear alot is that people can't stand the MW2 'Glitch Fest' so they play this.

Now I have experienced my fair share of glitches in this game, but I had no idea how many there really were, until I found this glitch list on gamefaqs (I don't post there I just lurk don't hate me).

I have personally experienced at least a third of these glitches. How many have you run across?

- Please note that I find it a testament to the quality and addictiveness of this game that I can easily overlook almost all of these glitches. But the next time someone says they play this cos they can't stand the glitches of MW2, smack em in the head. ;)

-Glitch with Flag defense pin not unlocking properly.
-Glitch with defend/attack pin not unlocking properly.
-Skill level on leaderboards unlocking before level 22
-Unlocks can disappear mid game and return randomly
-Sound can drop off in game while still working in menus requires restart/reboot
-Issues with team balancing when people quit it often will not add new players to that team.
-Can be placed on a team by yourself against a full team
-Can get stuck at the map loading screen requiring you to sign out or dashboard.
-Can get stuck at the searching for game screen and cannot back out requiring you to sign out or dashboard
-Glitch that forces all members of a squad completely out of the game and into the xbox dashboard
-Spotting works sporadically.
-Items not unlocking at the level the game says they will be unlocked (armor, slug, magnum ammo etc...)
-Items not unlocking at all for some people.
-Items unlocking before they should
-Using gadgets can cause sprint to quit working.
-Glitch where you continually slide backwards when standing still.
-HUD can freeze when piloting helicopters.
-Supply boxes can get stuck in your hand when used.
-Issues getting stuck on objects in the environment/screen shaking regularly
-Screen glitching/overlap when spawning right at the close of a match instead of win/lose screen.
-Glitched scoreboard readouts in squad deathmatch.
-Stat tracking for the Thompson is broken and glitched with the M1
-Glitch where players can shoot within level geometry but can't be killed.
-Blood splatter on screen not going away.
-Vehicle sounds can get stuck on during a match
-Medpack specialties have mixed up descriptions or mixed up icons
-Marksman lmg training typo mentions going prone
-Randomly kicked straight to xbox dashboard mid game (single or multi)
-Veteran status and veteran site bugged

-VIP status can reset and you lose VIP access
-Glitch where unlocking an item causes alternate vehicle fire to stop working
-Glitch where your gun will not appear on screen and no equipment works
-Collision detection issues with some doors stairs etc...
-EA create account screen can get caught in an error loop
-Xbox live connection can drop during single player.
-Falling through or getting stuck in level geometry
-Slow menus. Sometimes doesn't load menu graphics.
-Glitch that show extra versions of pins unlocked at final stat screen
-Most used vehicle stars on stats page may not show
-Stars given for vehicles/mounted weapons that haven’t earned them or even been used
-Losing xbox live connection when earning achievements
-Vehicle alt fire and improved range descriptions are wrong/swapped
-Going from single player to multi can freeze the game
-Screen blackout between matches (not in PS3 or PC version)
-Glitched animation when throwing health packs
-Other squads can show as blue and be un-killable in squad deathmatch
-Collision issues with climbing ladders,
-Loadout and equipment can sometimes change on its own
-Southpaw controls not mapped correctly for the rocket launcher
-Chutes don't always deploy
-Enemy info in killcam covers up any pins unlocked
-UAV controls don't invert
-Glitch where level and unlocks are reverted to zero
-Multiple parts of single player can freeze or kick you to dashboard
-Friends scoreboard is out of order
-Atacama desert has a crate which can be disarmed through the floor
-MG36 missing reddot and acog sight graphics hardcore
-GOL scope graphics tear/smear across screen
-GOL with reddot or acog can cause the screen to turn blue
-M93 doesn’t always give point dredit for assists/kills
-C4/AT mines won’t always detonate
-Rpg7 reload animation can glitch
-With the knife you can get the animation, hit detector and blood but not get a kill
-Helicopter debris on helipad can destroy another spawning helicopter
-Roadkill detection is spotty
-Tracer gun crosshairs can disappear off screen
-40mm grenades can pass right through a vehicle when up close
-Infinite C4 glitch
-On screen text can glitch when unlocking weapons
-Complete blackout achievement glitched
-Vehicle specs don’t always stack when sharing a vehicle
-Vehicle enemy indicator sometimes works even without the spec selected
-F2000 redot sight graphics glitched when used with 40mm shotgun attachment
-AKS acog graphics can stick on screen when running
-Map rotation can get stuck on a single map
-Frozen actions for several seconds on respawn
-Can get stuck in the class menu while being revived. Must suicide or exit game
-Corrupted save message when resuming game in single player
-AI teammates can disappear in single player
-Blackhawk listed as UH-64 instead of UH-60

A couple of the glitches in that list sound like lag to me and not glitches at all. I don't trust gamefaqs list of glitches as it is some random user making the list. Now if this was a list created by someone who gets paid to know what a glitch actually is I would be more likely to believe that these are the glitches in the game.

On another note, EA finally made a stats page for BFBC2 and they made a new veteran page.

Link to veteran page: http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/veteran

It says I am veteran rank 4 lol.

^^^ alot of those are kinda lame. They really dont interfer with gameplay. Like i care if the blackhawk is called a UH-60 or if a pin shows up twice(it usually happens when you earn one when you are dead).

the only one i hate is getting stuck in a bush. oh, i've been kicked to the dashboard twice.

[quote name='GenPirate']A couple of those glitches in that list, sound like lag to me and not glitches at all. I don't trust gamefaqs list of glitches as it is some random user making the list. Now if this was a list created by someone who gets paid to know what a glitch actually is I would be more likely to believe these glitches.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that some of them didn't seem like actual glitches too, but many of them are.

Some of them seem legit, but I would never notice. If a pin didn't unlock for me, I probably wouldn't notice it.

One thing I'm hearing is that points earned while dead don't get counted into your score. So if you die after planting, but the MCom station blows up, you may not get the +100 points. You may see the message on your screen, but the points still don't get added.

A couple of the glitches in that list plague me to this day. I haven't had a cursor or the ability to zoom in while using my Tracing Dart gun for days. Even after I power off and back on, and reload the game, no crosshairs for my tracergun.

I've had my sound drop out until I quit the game and restarted.

If I get revived by a medic while looking through the class setup menus my game crashes and I have to hard reset.

And I've been kicked to dashboard multiple times, now including in the middle of a game as of last night.

The 'Spotting Works Erratically' glitch i feel is bullshit. Theres a cooldown if you miss too many spots and many players don't understand this.

But way moe than half of those glitches seem legit, and I can personally confirm many of them.

I still love the game though, =D

[quote name='Puffa469']So an argument for this game I hear alot is that people can't stand the MW2 'Glitch Fest' so they play this.

[/QUOTE]

Every game has its flaws. The reason I stopped playing MW2 is because I just COULD NOT STAND killing someone, and then have them spawn behind me and kill me from behind 2 seconds later. This game offers a better option for spawning in my opinion and that is a big reason I switched.

"-Glitch where unlocking an item causes alternate vehicle fire to stop working"

This has happened to me more than once. And not just secondary fire. I've been a gunner in a tank and my MG stopped shooting.

Until I read that glitch I had assumed that some vehicles had 'ammmo' and you could run out.

Yeah I wonder how many of those are lag/player related. I haven't played nearly as much as others online, but in almost 7 hours I've only had a couple of those. Friendslist scoreboard out of order, sound dropping off in game (which might be my HDMI cord as unplugging/replugging fixes it), veteran status issue, and completing knifing animation but dying (which I'm betting is a lag issue). So far nothing actually impeding the gameplay, like being able to run 3x fasters and knife further or a splash damage glitch.

Reason why I hate MW2 glitches is because they're often purposely used against me from the opposing team. Sure I can get angry when I get stuck on kit selection screen when I get res'd or kicked back to dashboard/menu, but it's not the same feeling as I get when I would play MW2 online. Now if people start using some of those supposed glitches against me, then yeah, I'd become hateful.

Well that and I couldn't connect to most MW2 hosts for shit. I could pump a full clip into someone only to have them turn around and knife me to death if they so pleased.

[quote name='Puffa469']I noticed that some of them didn't seem like actual glitches too, but many of them are.

Some of them seem legit, but I would never notice. If a pin didn't unlock for me, I probably wouldn't notice it.

One thing I'm hearing is that points earned while dead don't get counted into your score. So if you die after planting, but the MCom station blows up, you may not get the +100 points. You may see the message on your screen, but the points still don't get added.

A couple of the glitches in that list plague me to this day. I haven't had a cursor or the ability to zoom in while using my Tracing Dart gun for days. Even after I power off and back on, and reload the game, no crosshairs for my tracergun.

I've had my sound drop out until I quit the game and restarted.

If I get revived by a medic while looking through the class setup menus my game crashes and I have to hard reset.

And I've been kicked to dashboard multiple times, now including in the middle of a game as of last night.

The 'Spotting Works Erratically' glitch i feel is bullshit. Theres a cooldown if you miss too many spots and many players don't understand this.

But way moe than half of those glitches seem legit, and I can personally confirm many of them.

I still love the game though, =D[/QUOTE]
I've had much the same experience over the past couple of days...but with one exception - the Spotting is definitely broken. All night last night, I had guys scoped, red dot over their body, and hit the back button, and it didn't do shit. Iron sights, red dot, acog...didn't matter. It only seems to work about 50% of the time - and this seems to be different than it was the first week of the game's release...so I'm going to say that it's some sort of lag/server issue. Multiple people complained about it last night...

[quote name='Ronin317']I've had much the same experience over the past couple of days...but with one exception - the Spotting is definitely broken. All night last night, I had guys scoped, red dot over their body, and hit the back button, and it didn't do shit. Iron sights, red dot, acog...didn't matter. It only seems to work about 50% of the time - and this seems to be different than it was the first week of the game's release...so I'm going to say that it's some sort of lag/server issue. Multiple people complained about it last night...[/QUOTE]

I'm not entirely sure how it works, but it's definitely different with regular guns than it is as a recon with the spotting scope. With the spotting scope, I can easily spot a good 95% of the people I see very easily, so long as I'm zoomed in.

[quote name='Draekon']I'm not entirely sure how it works, but it's definitely different with regular guns than it is as a recon with the spotting scope. With the spotting scope, I can easily spot a good 95% of the people I see very easily, so long as I'm zoomed in.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't the spotting scope spot automatically? Like you don't have to press the back button?

I'm not sure as I hardly play recon.

[quote name='Puffa469']Doesn't the spotting scope spot automatically? Like you don't have to press the back button?

I'm not sure as I hardly play recon.[/QUOTE]

Most of the time it does, but it sometimes I have to hit the back button. Even then there seems to be no timer hitting the back button while using the spotting scope.

I also love it when I hit back once and it light up five people at once.

I think there's a serious disconnect between MW2 glitching and BFBC2 glitches.

MW2 glitching should not be called "glitching" at all; they are cheats, hacks, and exploits. The cheaters use the known exploits to gain an advantage over opponents and tip the game in their favor. The big difference is, they know what they are doing and the have intent to "harm."

BFBC2 glitches are just that...software glitches. They are bugs that need to be fixed because the programming got screwed up along the way in development. Every game has bugs. However, these bugs are not used by one person or team to tip the game in their favor. A person, or group of people, are not using precise button combinations (javelin exploit) to perform a certain malicious act with malicious intent. The game is faulty and needs to be patched to fix the bugs within the game.

The battlefield list you have doesn't truly give the player an advantage like the MW2 glitching does. That is the big difference. I think a good chunk of what was listed dealt with prior to the server issue i.e. lag/drops. The only thing I have experience is the spotting thing. Everything else is working fine for me since the servers were updated.

Played some Rush with One4Deuce today. Crazy fun times infiltrating the base and just constantly reviving each other while dodging the seemingly infinite grenade roulette. Hilarious.

[quote name='Flak']When does Squad Rush unlock for us unlucky ones?[/QUOTE]

Should be after 30 days, so probably with the new maps at the end of the month. Really though, it's the weakest mode, imo.

[quote name='HydroX']Played some Rush with One4Deuce today. Crazy fun times infiltrating the base and just constantly reviving each other while dodging the seemingly infinite grenade roulette. Hilarious.[/QUOTE]

I find myself mashing the Back button all the time because it quite often makes jackovs show up that I didn't even see.

Getting pretty decent at this game as an Engineer. Liking it more and more each day. Question though - can someone explain spawn tickets to me? It seems like when a team runs out, they lose. If this is true, then what's the point of capturing bases?

I don't really understand what has priority in a match - depletion of spawn tickets, or following the objective. I'm talking about Conquest by the way..or at least I think I am. The one that doesn't have those destructible computers where you set charges and stuff. I pick the "Rush or Conquest" but out of 12 or so matches I only get the one I assume is Conquest.

No complaints though..game is great and I'm never going back to MW2. Anyone who needs an Engineer, add me on XBL!

[quote name='Yamato']Getting pretty decent at this game as an Engineer. Liking it more and more each day. Question though - can someone explain spawn tickets to me? It seems like when a team runs out, they lose. If this is true, then what's the point of capturing bases?

I don't really understand what has priority in a match - depletion of spawn tickets, or following the objective. I'm talking about Conquest by the way..or at least I think I am. The one that doesn't have those destructible computers where you set charges and stuff. I pick the "Rush or Conquest" but out of 12 or so matches I only get the one I assume is Conquest.

No complaints though..game is great and I'm never going back to MW2. Anyone who needs an Engineer, add me on XBL![/QUOTE]

In Rush, attackers have unlimited spawn tickets, defenders have 75 (IIRC) defenders have unlimited spawn tickets, attackers have 75 (IIRC) [/s]. If the defenders destroy the two bases before they run out of tickets, they move up and have their tickets reset. If they run out of tickets they lose.

In Conquest bases act as spawn points. If you don't control any of them you spawn on the opposite side of the map. It makes it harder to push forward and you use more tickets. I imagine it would be possible to sit back i the base and still win.

BTW... plying with CAGs tonight was good. Sorry if I'm quiet, I think my headset (or the controller part) is broken

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='reddjoey']In Rush, attackers have unlimited spawn tickets, defenders have 75 (IIRC). If the defenders destroy the two bases before they run out of tickets, they move up and have their tickets reset. If they run out of tickets they lose.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was the other way around.

[quote name='reddjoey']In Rush, attackers have unlimited spawn tickets, defenders have 75 (IIRC). If the defenders destroy the two bases before they run out of tickets, they move up and have their tickets reset. If they run out of tickets they lose.

In Conquest bases act as spawn points. If you don't control any of them you spawn on the opposite side of the map. It makes it harder to push forward and you use more tickets. I imagine it would be possible to sit back i the base and still win.

BTW... plying with CAGs tonight was good. Sorry if I'm quiet, I think my headset (or the controller part) is broken[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification! I also just read that in Conquest, if you control more than half of the bases, the enemy's tickets begin to diminish automatically. Am I understanding that right?

bread's done
Back