Battlefield Bad Company 2; Vietnam (1200 points) out; plus 4 new free maps

[quote name='Puffa469']I use one you unlock after those, forget the name but it's a three round burst only. It's as accurate as the XM8P, but does more damage. It's butters.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the AN-94 AKABAN or something. It's the first of the amazing guns towards the end of the Assault class. I'm on my way to unlocking it now.

[quote name='HydroX']Yeah, the AN-94 AKABAN or something. It's the first of the amazing guns towards the end of the Assault class. I'm on my way to unlocking it now.[/QUOTE]

It is what I am currently using but I liked the XM8P still better since the accuracy to me seems better (seems like the AN-94 has a stronger recoil).

[quote name='HydroX']Well I absolutely trashed my K/D ratio tonight by playing while I'm hella tired. Although I am proud of sniping some pretty awesome rank 27 mofo out of the pilot seat of the Apache.[/QUOTE]

When I tried to snipe in the demo I found it to be really hard. I could never kill someone with just one shot (Like I assume I should be able to). Is the retail game any different from the demo? Maybe I just suck at sniping?

I am going to swing by Play N Trade and get this game with my credit. I was going to wait, but Hydro talking about sniping some guy out of his Apache has got the adrenaline rushing through my veins. I will be on the game later tonight, if anyone wants to friend request me we can play together!

[quote name='ZForce915']When I tried to snipe in the demo I found it to be really hard. I could never kill someone with just one shot (Like I assume I should be able to). Is the retail game any different from the demo? Maybe I just suck at sniping?[/QUOTE]

Its all about headshots

[quote name='MSUHitman']Played some games last night with HoweTM (not in his squad though.) We won like 6-straight games. It got to the point where it was 8 on 5 and when we were attackers we would win in 10 minutes but when we were defenders it would take 30-60 minutes to take out all of their respawn tickets.[/QUOTE]

Ha! I thought I saw you running around on our team the other night! I was talking to the other people in my squad about you being from CAG and one of my teammates didn't know who or what Cheap Ass Gamer was.

Don't hesitate to send me an invite if you or anyone else needs to fill out a squad.

My gamertag is HoweTR and I've been playing mainly Engineer.

[quote name='ZForce915']When I tried to snipe in the demo I found it to be really hard. I could never kill someone with just one shot (Like I assume I should be able to). Is the retail game any different from the demo? Maybe I just suck at sniping?[/QUOTE]

It's even harder in the retail release. (just kidding because I fucking hate snipers and we don't need any more). There's bullet drop in the game so at long distances you need to aim above the enemies head.

And EVERYONE sucks at sniping. Especially the 8 snipers that end up on my team every fucking game.

Just played Valdez Rush and became enraged. Started on defense and my whole team was snipers. The enemy blew up all 8 of our Mcom station in less than ten minutes.

So I go on attack as engineer. I take the T90, start blowing up A. I get hit with a missle so I back up and start repairing. Sniper jumps in my tank and steals it. I chase and get in as the gunner. Dumb fucking retard drives straight down into town and stops right in front of the missle turret thing. I killed three enemies on that turret, but the fourth one got us and blew us up. My tank didn't last 30 seconds after that fucktard stole it. I would have blown up A for sure with that tank and probably B.

I had to rage quit as I'd rather not play on a team of 8+ snipers who do nothing except get me killed.

God I would love to create a FPS where whoever picked sniper class, they just blew up and died 20 seconds after spawning. People would say 'Theres a bug that kills snipers as soon as they spawn, when are you going to patch?' and I would say 'It's not a bug'.

I wish I had a dollar for every time a stupid fuck on my team did something stupid to get me killed, or lose the match for us.

I'd still be angry, but at least I'd have a job. :bomb:

Next time I see a sniper on the hill in Valdez, I'm sticking a tracer dart to his face. Try sniping then asshole.

[quote name='Flak']Next time I see a sniper on the hill in Valdez, I'm sticking a tracer dart to his face. Try sniping then asshole.[/QUOTE]

Your a real bad ass:roll: If people want to snipe, let em snipe. I am glad I got the PS3 version, cause some you guys seem very stupid.

I think he's more upset about the fact that there are people just sniping and ignoring objectives.
I'm trying to like this game but out of the 15 or so matches I've played, only heard one other person communicating. It doesn't seem as tactical as it's apparently supposed to be.

Throwing my gamertag out again in case someone wants to play tonight.

I have played Recon a grand total of once. Mostly I stick to engineer and I'm starting to work on Medic.

HPGR Thrawn

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Your a real bad ass:roll: If people want to snipe, let em snipe. I am glad I got the PS3 version, cause some you guys seem very stupid.[/QUOTE]

We're glad you got the PS3 version too :lol: (that's a joke).

Battlefield is more about the squad and what your team/squad needs to succeed. To help you understand why playing recon is frowned upon:

If you are an attacker, playing recon is mostly self-serving and screwing the team. The defenders have unlimited respawn tickets, so a team of snipers picking off defenders might slow them down or allow the team to move up, but it won't secure a win.

However, a team of recon defenders can pick off attackers long before they reach your base.

It's all about balancing what your squad needs. You will find you can level up faster by supporting your squad. If you want to play recon, do it, but switching to assault to drop ammo for the sniper, a medic to heal him, or teaming up with a squadmate in a vehicle as an engineer will probably net you more XP than a lone wolf sniper picking off 10 kills a match.

If you want to go lone wolf, BFBC2 might not be for you.

My $.02

[quote name='reddjoey']We're glad you got the PS3 version too :lol: (that's a joke).

Battlefield is more about the squad and what your team/squad needs to succeed. To help you understand why playing recon is frowned upon:

If you are an attacker, playing recon is mostly self-serving and screwing the team. The defenders have unlimited respawn tickets, so a team of snipers picking off defenders might slow them down or allow the team to move up, but it won't secure a win.

However, a team of recon defenders can pick off attackers long before they reach your base.

It's all about balancing what your squad needs. You will find you can level up faster by supporting your squad. If you want to play recon, do it, but switching to assault to drop ammo for the sniper, a medic to heal him, or teaming up with a squadmate in a vehicle as an engineer will probably net you more XP than a lone wolf sniper picking off 10 kills a match.

If you want to go lone wolf, BFBC2 might not be for you.

My $.02[/QUOTE]

I have been playing Battlefield since I was a little kid, so I don't need explaining.

I get what your saying and my post was not directed at you, but the people who bitch non stop about snipers. I think I said it in this thread, but you can usually get 150 to 250 points a kill as a sniper, if your decent, thats why people snipe so much. Trust me every video game that has a medic or resupplys, I am always doing it. Like MAG for instance. Why interfere with someone else's experience like the guy described. Thats just fucked up and wrong. I am not even a sniper right now, already maxed that and the medic class out. Yeah it sucks to have a lot of snipers on your team, but deal with. Means more points for you, if your any good with this game. Oh well I really don't care, people are just going to keep bitching, so I am just not going to worry about it anymore.

And to puffa, you would not have a job if you made a game like that, nobody would buy it. People like to snipe, because they are afraid of going out into the open and relying on their fast twitch skills to kill someone. Some people will never understand how important snipers are.

Another thing, look at all the objectives being destroyed thanks to the new destruction system by mortar strikes. It's been happening a lot and its rather rewarding when you don't have to go nowhere near the objective to blow it up.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']I have been playing Battlefield since I was a little kid, so I don't need explaining.

I get what your saying and my post was not directed at you, but the people who bitch non stop about snipers. I think I said it in this thread, but you can usually get 150 to 250 points a kill as a sniper, if your decent, thats why people snipe so much. Trust me every video game that has a medic or resupplys, I am always doing it. Like MAG for instance. Why interfere with someone else's experience like the guy described. Thats just fucked up and wrong. I am not even a sniper right now, already maxed that and the medic class out. Yeah it sucks to have a lot of snipers on your team, but deal with. Means more points for you, if your any good with this game. Oh well I really don't care, people are just going to keep bitching, so I am just not going to worry about it anymore.

And to puffa, you would not have a job if you made a game like that, nobody would buy it. People like to snipe, because they are afraid of going out into the open and relying on their fast twitch skills to kill someone. Some people will never understand how important snipers are.

Another thing, look at all the objectives being destroyed thanks to the new destruction system by mortar strikes. It's been happening a lot and its rather rewarding when you don't have to go nowhere near the objective to blow it up.[/QUOTE]

Ahh it's all good I feel better now. :D

I just had to rant a bit.

I don't mind all people who play recon, I just hate the snipers that sit way in the back the entire match and never attack or defend objectives.

I don't hate snipers on the other team, I just hate when my team is over half snipers, and maybe 1 or 2 of those play recon and do shit.

And I hate mofos that steal my tank and get blown up in 20 seconds.

I usually take the side of 'if somone paid for their game let them play how they want'. But this game relies soo much on teamwork and cooperation, and demands some small basic level of common sense.

Went ahead and snagged one of those snazzy sigs. Add me up tonight boys! Still looking to do Destruction 2.0 achievement since it's my last online achievement I'm missing!

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']I have been playing Battlefield since I was a little kid, so I don't need explaining.

Another thing, look at all the objectives being destroyed thanks to the new destruction system by mortar strikes. It's been happening a lot and its rather rewarding when you don't have to go nowhere near the objective to blow it up.[/QUOTE]

fatman, I wasn't directing the explanation at you, just the joke.I think I missed a few pages of bickering, and honestly I'm not going to go back to read it. My advice was for those who are new to Battlefield.

I think, you, puffa, and I are on the same page. Snipers are important (especially with mortars, or some well placed C4), but it boils down to players with a poor co-op mentality. They just log in and play the objective based gametype like it's DM. They only care about their k/d ratio (which is a poor metric for objective based gameplay) and want to be a sit back low risk situation player.

Off to eat some tacos then log on for a few hours of play

EDIT:

Had fun running into some CAGs tonight. Played with some against some. Got tired of getting kicked back to the dashboard, so I might just call it a night

Last edited by a moderator:
woah!
I just realized I am no longer a VIP and no longer have the map pack. I tried to re-enter my code, but it was void due to it already being used. I sent a message to EA, but I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

try relogging. the EA servers like to make you lvl 1 again and take away your codes and lose your unlocks but its just an error. exit the game and come back and usually everythings back.

[quote name='sleepy180']try relogging. the EA servers like to make you lvl 1 again and take away your codes and lose your unlocks but its just an error. exit the game and come back and usually everythings back.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't work
It's been going on for over a day now.

What's the prerequisite for the veteran status weapon? Do you have to have BF1943 and Modern Combat, or just one, or...?

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Your a real bad ass:roll: If people want to snipe, let em snipe. I am glad I got the PS3 version, cause some you guys seem very stupid.[/QUOTE]
Man, it's a good thing you came into the 360 thread to say that. Thanks for contributing. I'm glad you got the PS3 version too - and I'm not joking.

[quote name='KaneRobot']What's the prerequisite for the veteran status weapon? Do you have to have BF1943 and Modern Combat, or just one, or...?
[/QUOTE]

All you have to do is register a few games into the Veteran Program, I think the requirement is two games but I am unsure.

[quote name='GenPirate']All you have to do is register a few games into the Veteran Program, I think the requirement is two games but I am unsure.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was two as well, but someone told me it was three. So it's either two or three.

Also 1943 doesn't register at the moment. Everyone should grab one for Battlefield Heroes which is free and simple to do.

[quote name='KaneRobot']What's the prerequisite for the veteran status weapon? Do you have to have BF1943 and Modern Combat, or just one, or...?

Man, it's a good thing you came into the 360 thread to say that. Thanks for contributing. I'm glad you got the PS3 version too - and I'm not joking.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, cause I am contributing, not just saying" imma put a tracer dart on that mofo, cause i dont like him sniping." If your defending that guy your an idiot and you fall into that category that I said never stops bitching about the sniper. fucking up someone elses experience is the most fucked up thing to do. They paid 60 bucks for their game they can play it how they want, if you don't like it, please do all of us a favor and trade your game in.

Man, it's a good thing you came into the 360 thread to say that. Thanks for contributing. I'm glad you got the PS3 version too - and I'm not joking.[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering what the prerequisite is as well since I own both Bad Company one and 1943.

[quote name='Flak']Has anyone hit a level cap yet? I want to say it's like 25 or something.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it's 50. I've seen level 27 players on the opposing team, so it's definitely higher than 25.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yeah I'm pretty sure lvl 50 is the cap, it's just that there are no unlocks after lvl 26.[/QUOTE]

Actually it's earlier than that where you get everything unlocked. Some of the stuff under "All Kits" that goes by your rank, instead, actually goes by total experience gained. I have everything unlocked and yet I'm only Rank 24.

I believe the math has been done and says to get rank 50, at 200 points per minute average, which is about average for most players, it takes alittle over 400 hours of game play. Obviously better players or, point whores, get there a bit quicker than that, but expect to be playing a good long while to get to 50, even if you're good. I am 26, and its like 83k for one level. I'm also pretty sure the top guy is boosting somehow. Hes at 641 score per minute, 3147980 squad score, and only has 2k kills. Most of the top guys are a similar story.

Anyone else who uses the Battlefield Bad Company siggmatic thing having trouble getting stats to update? I am pissed that it only does it once every 24 hours but I had to physically go to the site and hit a refresh button to get it to update the stats in my signature.

I'll be on in 20-25 minutes if anyone wants to get a game of Rush going. I plan on starting with Port Valdez and hopefully not dealing with Valparaiso too much, since it seems like it's the only map in my cycle half the fucking time.

Trying to make the transition from MW2 to BC2. My first match in Rush was a WTF match as I got sniped constantly and could barely kill anyone. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it though and when I unlock new stuff it should be good. Any advice on a smoother transition? Can't stand the crap in MW2/expensive DLC.

[quote name='Yamato']Trying to make the transition from MW2 to BC2. My first match in Rush was a WTF match as I got sniped constantly and could barely kill anyone. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it though and when I unlock new stuff it should be good. Any advice on a smoother transition? Can't stand the crap in MW2/expensive DLC.[/QUOTE]

Try and play with some CAGs, or at least squad up with some people who communicate. The fun to be had in this game is directly proportionate to the amount of teamwork and communication used.

[quote name='Yamato']Trying to make the transition from MW2 to BC2. My first match in Rush was a WTF match as I got sniped constantly and could barely kill anyone. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it though and when I unlock new stuff it should be good. Any advice on a smoother transition? Can't stand the crap in MW2/expensive DLC.[/QUOTE]

From earlier tweeked a bit. It's a bit geared toward people's frustration with snipers, but some good stuff. Check out the How Not To Suck @ Battlefield Video as well.

1. Hit the Back button to spot enemies, vehicles, or send orders/directions.

2. Battlefield is more about the squad and what your team/squad needs to succeed. It's all about balancing what your squad needs. You will find you can level up faster by supporting your squad. If you want to play recon, do it, but switching to assault to drop ammo for the sniper, a medic to heal him, or teaming up with a squadmate in a vehicle as an engineer will probably net you more XP than a lone wolf sniper picking off 10 kills a match.

3. You don't need a headset, but it helps if everyone has one. Communication is key, as well as finding a squad that suits your play. If your squad is all recon, and you are an engineer, probably not a good fit. If they seem to be playing DM in an objective based game, you might find yourself hung out to dry with no support.

4. In Rush:

a. If you are an attacker, playing recon can be mostly self-serving and screwing the team. The defenders have unlimited respawn tickets, so a team of snipers picking off defenders might slow them down or allow the team to move up, but it won't secure a win.

b. However, a team of recon defenders can pick off attackers long before they reach your base. If you are running low on tickets, destroying the two stations will reset the team's ticket count. Playing as a medic and reviving a dead teammate saves your team a respawn ticket.

5. In Conquest:

It's a go for the flag/base gametype. If your team controls a flag, you can spawn there, at the base, or on a squadmate. It's grind down till you eliminate the opposing team's tickets.

6. Squad Deathmatch

Get a good squad & don't die.:D First to 50 kills wins. There is always 1 Vehicle on the Map to give 1 squad the edge. DO NOT PLAY ALONE.

7. If you want to go lone wolf, BFBC2 might not be for you.
My $.02

Yeah, people snipe way too much in this game. I admit that I do love to snipe but if I am playing as a team I will go whatever class that is needed. Just find a couple of friends or some fellow CAGs to play with and just try to have fun. It's not about your kill to death ratio, just that you're having fun and the fun to be had is actually trying to get a good win to loss ratio.

i could somewhat forgive the sniping but the recons class mortar is too much ive had atleast 10-15 games where the opposing rush team is below 10 count but survive by mortar abuse either give it a ammo count, change its strenght or make the mcom destruction by building collapse not refiil the enemy count or atleast a lower amount maybe 50%

[quote name='slickkill77']Went 29-0 in a Helo with a bunch of randoms. That was a pleasant surprise[/QUOTE]

I got in a good squad randomly last night as well. I was Engineer and used Tanks the entire match. My squaddy's helped repair, manned the secondary machine gun, and didn't steal the tank when I got out to repair it. I had a 14 kill streak at one point and counting my squadmate on the secondary gun, we probably killed 30 enemies straight with that tank.

At one point my team (attacking) armed an MCom station. I shot at it through a hole in the wall and somehow blew it up and killed four enemies. I didn't actualy see what happened, but score multipliers were popping up on the screen for like a minute afterword. I got a gold tank star! lol

I wish this game had video capture and editing like Halo 3. Hell I wish all games had that.

Yeah that happened to me. I RPG'd a tank once and multipliers sat and added up to 360 points. I had no idea why, but it was awesome.

I've been doing a number with the Mines. They are great on rush when you are defending. I must have gotten tons of kills from that last night. I'm surprise most people don't use them.

bread's done
Back