Battlefield Bad Company 2; Vietnam (1200 points) out; plus 4 new free maps

[quote name='matto1233']Any word on the release or price of onslaught mode? I'm very excited for it![/QUOTE]

All the blog said was

On June 9th, VIP Map Pack 3 will be available on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 bringing new modes to Nelson Bay and Laguna Alta.

Fight for control of the M3A3 Bradley and achieve supremacy against 3 other squads as Nelson Bay is enhanced with Squad Deathmatch mode.
Use all of your squad skills and tactics to secure M-COM stations as Laguna Alta is enhanced with Squad Rush mode.

The map pack is available with the VIP code which is included in every new copy of Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Players that do not have a code can purchase one via the in-game store.

[quote name='matto1233']Any word on the release or price of onslaught mode? I'm very excited for it![/QUOTE]

I hope they make the Onslaught Co-op stuff free for the VIPs after they made such a big deal about COD charging for new maps when all BFBC2 is doing is releasing the same in game maps but for different game modes.

[quote name='Owen']I hope they make the Onslaught Co-op stuff free for the VIPs after they made such a big deal about COD charging for new maps when all BFBC2 is doing is releasing the same in game maps but for different game modes.[/QUOTE]
I don't think so, since they don't have the little VIP symbol next to it in the store.

[quote name='matto1233']I don't think so, since they don't have the little VIP symbol next to it in the store.[/QUOTE]

It's my guess as well that it will cost money... my bet is 800points

Anyone having issues when viewing the scoreboard mid game no showing your correct rank. I'm rank 21 almost 22 but I was playing MP today and it showed 1.

I'm not the best FPS person but someone on XBL sent me a message, calling me a fucking cheating f**. I did all the usual things, avoided, filed complaint and blocked communication. That's all I could think of why he thought I was cheating.

It has been awhile since I personally played BFBC2 but it looks there are some major lag issues going on. That most likely was it. Oh well, it's just a game. :)

I have a SPECTACT kit question. After I've gotten my pins for the 5 kill streak and the 8 kills in a match, can I use any gun in the kit to get to the 100 kills to unlock the achievement? Or do I have to stick with the same gun I needed to use to get the respective kill steak pins?

[quote name='Cephiros']Anyone having issues when viewing the scoreboard mid game no showing your correct rank. I'm rank 21 almost 22 but I was playing MP today and it showed 1.

I'm not the best FPS person but someone on XBL sent me a message, calling me a fucking cheating f**. I did all the usual things, avoided, filed complaint and blocked communication. That's all I could think of why he thought I was cheating.[/QUOTE]

Some folks just do that. I suck at MW2 and I got a message the other day which sounded like some kid reading off of a list of the swearwords he knew. Happened nearly everytime I got a win in UFC 2009. Some people just can't grasp that it's just a game.

[quote name='ZForce915']I have a SPECTACT kit question. After I've gotten my pins for the 5 kill streak and the 8 kills in a match, can I use any gun in the kit to get to the 100 kills to unlock the achievement? Or do I have to stick with the same gun I needed to use to get the respective kill steak pins?[/QUOTE]

You have to use the SPECTACT same gun to get the 100 kills.

Map pack 3 now available along with the SPECACT being added to the marketplace. There was also a multiplayer update, does anyone know what it was for?

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...any-2-playstation-3-and-xbox-360-updates.aspx
Last week saw the release of Battlefield Bad Company 2 version 1.03 on the PlayStation 3 worldwide, which you can read about here. An additional update went out in North America to bring the game up to version 1.04. That update will be available in Japan today (June 7th) and in Europe tomorrow (June 8th). Additionally game servers will be updated in each region as the update goes out to everyone.

The following changes are in the 1.04 update of Battlefield Bad Company 2.

o Vehicles can now be damaged by friendly fire when playing Hardcore.
o The MG36 now properly has its red dot sight in Hardcore.
o Damaged vehicles no longer blink on the minimap for soldiers without a powertool.
o SPECACT kits can be used on all SDM and SR levels.
o 40mm Shotgun is now properly rewarded platinum at 500 kills not 1000.
o G3 and Mk14 can now use the AR Marksman specialization.
o Fixed a graphical issue when equipping the GOL with a 4x or Red Dot sight.
o Scoring is now awarded after a player’s death.
o Increased Tickets in Conquest mode and significantly increased Ticket Bleed when holding a majority or more of flags.
o The Conquest Horn now only plays for a short time when running low on Tickets.
o Updated the weapon stats in the Menu to reflect previous weapon balance changes (no additional weapon balance changes were made).
o Increased the power of the UH-60 miniguns at long range.
o Armored Vehicles are now more effective at running over soldiers.
o Fixed an issue on Isla Inocentes where destroying a fence would also destroy the building containing an MCom.
o Fixed various hangs and exploits.

An optional content update for the Xbox 360 will also be available on the 9th June. Though it is optional the update contains numerous gameplay tweaks. As such we highly recommend all players apply the update as soon as it is available. The update will be required to access future VIP Map Pack content. Players will be automatically prompted to download this update when they access the Multiplayer menu. You will need to restart Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for the update to take effect.

A VIP pass is not needed to utilise the update, however a VIP pass is required for access to the upcoming VIP Map Packs. VIP Codes are available through the in game store and inside all new copies of Battlefield Bad Company 2.

Onslaught mode to deploy June 22nd for 800 microsoft points. They will also be releasing the full upgrades for all of the kits for 560 points each, and all of them for 1600 points.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6265141.html

Also, anyone with SPECACT, is it worth it? Do the costumes/guns actually give you an in-game advantage, or do they just make you feel cool?
I'm debating whether to buy them or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Specact being the thing you could get with the Dr. Pepper codes? They're selling those? No, don't buy them.

There's really no advantage. Unless you're like me, and you're Rank 2 (just haven't been playing), as it gives you the last weapon in the class.

Just started the multiplayers, and while it's good I'm definitely not having as much fun as I think I would if I was playing with a full party. Please add/message me at "DbA Montage" whenever you are about to hop on. I'm available pretty much anytime in the afternoon (PST), and yes I have a mic. :)

I've got a couple of SPECAT codes from Dr. Pepper for any seasoned CAGs around here. You'll have to enter them at on the Dr. Pepper website and link them to your EA account and then they show up the next time you sign in

I just got my last of the SPECAT achievements last night. The medic kit is hard to work with since the damage the gun does is so low. The 5 kills in a row was the tricky one.

**edit**

Codes are gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably a slim chance, but if anyone is going to be playing soon, shoot me a message on XBL; I'm tired of running with random squads.

Even if you're not playing tonight, if you are down to play, you can still send me a message; I don't have many a ton of friends that play Battlefield (only MW2).

[quote name='gbpackers94']Can you unlock scopes for the assault rifles (XM8 prototype) for multiplayer? I've played about 5 hours online and I still haven't unlocked any.[/QUOTE]
You should get a 4x rifle scope at 17,000 XP.

Man, I popped this in to play with my cousin after not having touched it for a couple weeks and my god were we both lagging badly. Opened up ports for shits and giggles as it sometimes corrects the problem with EA servers in the past but it didn't help worth a damn. Makes me quite sad not being able to do anything to fix it being a pc/network technician. ~_~

I started playing the game again for the first time since late March and have noticed the awful lag as of late. I think the lag problem is being caused by too many international players all being on the same server. I was getting terrible lag last night and decided to look at the gamer profiles and saw that people were playing from Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, The UK, Spain, China, etc. Having to send/receive data all over the world for 24 players would bog down any server. Wish EA would make servers that host players based on region.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']I have to start playing this again.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Sorry for vanishing on you guys after having a few decent achievement boost sessions. I just started back up today, I'll be on more often...still pushing for more of my "real life" friends to check this out. I still need a couple of achievements, most notably the shoot down a helicopter with a stationary missile thing.

That said - yes, I was lagging today too. It seems like this may be reasonably wide-spread so hopefully it'll get fixed sooner than later.

Yeah I'll probably start playing again once onslaught rolls along on Tuesday, although, I just brought Red Dead: Redemption. Well, we'll see when I find time.

I think I might be done with this game, got 1000 points out of it (combination or normal and 1 of the DLC achievements) but I'm bored of playing the same maps and I don't think I want to pay for more. Think I'll trade it to Amazon while it's still worth something.

Popped this in the other day and I really couldn't get into it. Might go into my trade-in pile, sadly. I used to love this game, too.

I can't envision getting rid of this one for the forseeable future, I'll never really be sick of it like I get with CoD/MW games. Not that I hate those, I just get tired of them after a while. I do love how they keep adding stuff for free (if you bought it new, anyway).

Looking forward to the Vietnam game as well.

EA is REALLY getting me mad.
via twitter
Onslaught is available for purchase for the Playstation 3 on the PSN Store for $9.99, and will soon be available for purchase for the Xbox 360 for 800 MS Points on Xbox Live Marketplace.

[quote name='Draekon']Man, I popped this in to play with my cousin after not having touched it for a couple weeks and my god were we both lagging badly. Opened up ports for shits and giggles as it sometimes corrects the problem with EA servers in the past but it didn't help worth a damn. Makes me quite sad not being able to do anything to fix it being a pc/network technician. ~_~[/QUOTE]

Its been a real disappointment lately because the game is great... and I think a majority of us want to play it but I would say 70% of the games have bad lag. I am really interested in onslaught and vietnam but am very hesitant now due to the continual lag issues. It gets to the point of being unplayable... why pay more for that experience?

I'm really surprised reading your guys' posts; I just got Battlefield 2 about a week ago, and although not a huge deal in every game, I have seen lag pop up in practically every game I've played, ranging from 2-3 hiccups, to damn near teleportation levels.

To read that the game used to be fine before they started trying to fix things makes me nervous for the future of this thing...

[quote name='lolwut?']I'm really surprised reading your guys' posts; I just got Battlefield 2 about a week ago, and although not a huge deal in every game, I have seen lag pop up in practically every game I've played, ranging from 2-3 hiccups, to damn near teleportation levels.

To read that the game used to be fine before they started trying to fix things makes me nervous for the future of this thing...[/QUOTE]

Everyone's experience is different. I personally get true lag issues maybe once a week. I play probably 15-20+ hours a week. When I experience it, I leave the match I am in and get in a new match. Normally clears it up. I seen way worse lag in other XBL favorites such as Gears of War 2, Call of Duty, etc.

I havent played either MW2 or BF BC2 in a few months.

So the other night I got the itch to kill people again. I knew I would suck and it would take me a while to get the feel back.

I fired up MW2 first and played about 4-5 matches and hated it. I knew I would get owned at first, but it seems like everyone was sprinting around with shotguns and tac knives. It got old real fast.

I then popped in BC2 and started playing. I had a blast. I would up playing for 2-3 hours and enjoyed every minute of it. I did well too, usually finishing in the top3 of my team.

So after months away from both games, I now have BC2 in my drive, and MW2 back up on the shelf, probably for good.

I want to get the DLC achievements but I refuse to pay $18 for what looks to be worthless DLC. I love how they were bragging about not charging for maps but they offer $7 kit upgrades and $2 single weapon unlocks.

[quote name='freshzen']I want to get the DLC achievements but I refuse to pay $18 for what looks to be worthless DLC. I love how they were bragging about not charging for maps but they offer $7 kit upgrades and $2 single weapon unlocks.[/QUOTE]

Do note these were essentially free (got all mine via Value Meals at T Bell) a while back in the US. So really the only thing they have truly charged for is Onslaught mode.

They may have lost my purchase my delaying this just 2 days.
I wasn't really extremely thrilled with Red Dead on Tuesday, and I was looking forward to playing this. Since it wasn't out, I had nothing else to play, so I kept playing Red Dead, and now I love it, and don't want to play anything else.

Ok, obviously I'm not paying attention, but I didn't know Onslaught wasn't going to be free. Sigh. 10 bucks is a little steep for an add-on like that.

Need someone to be the guinea pig...if it's fun, maybe I'll grab it. I'm hesitant since the only people I play this with are either a) people from this thread (who may not buy the mode) or b) regular friends who I'm still trying to get to buy the damn game in the first place.

The lag thing is sort of pissing me off. It's not game-breaking or anything, you can still play...but I notice it now, whereas before it was really smooth. I hope they fix this.

bread's done
Back