Battlefield: Bad Company - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='richierich']Same, I wonder how the destructible environment will work in multiplayer.[/quote]

Hopefully I can drop a tree on someone and kill them. :D

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/847/847219p1.html

Battlefield Delayed
Bad Company pushed back to sometime in 2008.
by Jeff Haynes

January 23, 2008 - Looks like fans will have to wait a little bit longer to be part of Battlefield: Bad Company. The upcoming title, which focuses on a squad of renegade soldiers who are seeking gold and revenge behind enemy lines was originally scheduled to be released in March. However, according to a recent email sent out by Electronic Arts, the DICE FPS has slipped from its early 2008 ship date to a general 2008 release date. We contacted Electronic Arts but were not able to receive a comment as to why the game had been pushed back. We'll make sure to keep everyone informed as soon as we find out when the game has a firm date.

This coming from a Halo 3 person. Are you serious? BF 2 has been the best shooter on the 360 multiplayer wise.....but damn that majorly sucks. I really wanted to play BC in March

[quote name='slickkill77']This coming from a Halo 3 person. Are you serious? BF 2 has been the best shooter on the 360 multiplayer wise.....but damn that majorly sucks. I really wanted to play BC in March[/QUOTE]

Dont get me wrong man, i love ALL the rest of the BF series. And after playing the masterwork that is BF:2 on the pc for a long time i was wildly disappointed in the console version. but hey, thats just My opinion.

[quote name='ryanbph']Hopefully it will turn out to help the game out.[/QUOTE]
This is exactly how we should look at the situation. Id rather wait 6 months for a game worth playing.

Wasnt this already delayed before this announcement? I could have sworn it was delayed back in november .. Sigh.

Figures.. all the good games are getting delayed.

[quote name='jakehoss']if its anything like bf 2 modern combat for 360, its gunna suck anyway.[/QUOTE]

It's a pretty different take on the BF series so I doubt it'll suck.

I've been downloading the videos about this game on Xbox Live and it actually looks like a lot of fun. I'm kind of looking forward to Bad Company.

Modern Combat was a great game. The multiplayer on it is outstanding. I'm looking forward to this whenever it comes out but I have an insurmountable backlog to keep me occupied until then.

I was watching Attack Of the Show late last night and read G4 headlines at the bottom saying that Battlefield may not even release in 2008, but in the 2008 Fiscal year (April 08 - March 31, 09), and that part of the reason for the delay was EA is wanting to wait until "HAZE" released on PS3.

[quote name='slickkill77']Naw it will come out either August/Julyish or October/November[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm really hoping for a July/August release. When does HAZE release for PS3?

and atleast we have Rainbow Six Vegas 2 coming in March, so that helps.

[quote name='retail sucks']Yeah, I'm really hoping for a July/August release. When does HAZE release for PS3?

and atleast we have Rainbow Six Vegas 2 coming in March, so that helps.[/quote]

Late 08/early 09 theyre saying. Odds are 09, some production issues or some other bullshit. So no chance of it this year -_-V

Pisses me off..

^What really makes me sad about the Haze delay is that it has most likely pushed back Timesplitters 4. We'll be lucky if we get it TS4 in 2010. :cry:

Up untill COD4, BF2:MC was the best FPS I thought for MP. TF2 was REALLY close, and Halo was a big disappointment. I was sad to hear of this delay, but i am really ok with it, it will extend teh lifespan of COD4 for me.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Late 08/early 09 theyre saying. Odds are 09, some production issues or some other bullshit. So no chance of it this year -_-V

Pisses me off..[/quote]

Did they actualy say that? I knew that was a rumor but I didnt think anyone came out and said it

So pretty. Want now.

Thanks for the link, LP.

A 2nd Quarter 2008 release would be nice, as I'm switching careers in latter 2008, and probably won't have much time to play it then. x_x;

Beta coming this Monday!!!!
REDWOOD CITY, Calif.– March 13, 2008– DICE, a studio of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced the multiplayer beta test for Battlefield: Bad Company on the Xbox 360™ video game system from Microsoft®. IGN Founders’ Club and IGN Insider will offer keys to members and the public in North America and Europe to participate in the multiplayer beta test starting March 17 provided by IGN’s popular game download site FilePlanet ( http://www.fileplanet.com). In addition, keys will also be available through IGN Entertainment’s gaming Web sites including IGN.com, GameSpy, TeamXbox, Planet Battlefield and Voodoo Extreme. Battlefield: Bad Company will launch on the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360 in June 2008.

“We are really excited for this beta as it gives us a chance for great feedback on how to polish the experience of our multiplayer mode; Gold Rush,” stated Karl-Magnus Troedsson, Senior Producer for Battlefield: Bad Company.“Battlefield and FPS fans get their first glimpse into how tactical destruction can be applied in multiplayer gameplay. We think offering these two very different maps will give gamers a fantastic experience and some great insight into the game.”

In North America, GameStop will also offer keys on a first come, first serve basis for this Exclusive Beta Xbox Live™ event. With only 5,000 beta keys available at GameStop, gamers should pre-order their copy now at www.gamestop.com/badcompanybeta

The Battlefield: Bad Company multiplayer beta test will give players a chance to return to the battlefield to embark on an exciting mission to capture the spoils of war. Gamers will battle through two different maps, access new infantry kits and vehicles as well as experience the unique tactical destruction in Battlefield: Bad Company that changes the way first-person shooter games are played. With an unlimited upgrade tree and rewards, the multiplayer beta gives players the exhilaration, excitement and fun that awaits them when the final game ships later this summer.
http://www.mcvuk.com/press-releases...or-Battlefield-Bad-Company-Shipping-June-2008

[quote name='deadite76']Hopefully there's a beta for the 360 as well![/QUOTE]

It is for the the 360.

the multiplayer beta test for Battlefield: Bad Company on the Xbox 360™ video game system from Microsoft®.

Hopefully EA will handle this beta better than IW did with COD4's beta. 30,000 people got banned from illegally DL-ing it.

[quote name='richierich']YEAH WHERE!?!? :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

from the sound of the press release, it makes it seem like IGN will have the codes for the PC version and Gamestop will have the 360 codes which you get when you pre-order the game

[quote name='fart_bubble']from the sound of the press release, it makes it seem like IGN will have the codes for the PC version and Gamestop will have the 360 codes which you get when you pre-order the game[/quote]

Preorder from Gamestop.com or in store?

So far GS is clueless, I stopped by at lunch to pre-order it and they had no clue about the Beta. I'll keep checking daily till Monday.

Sweet Ill go by monday and preorder if they figure it out. Im getting this game no matter what but honestly why do this to us? The Battlefield 2 demo was amazing and I played it forever so why not just do that

I have a feeling this is an online thing from the looks of the link but it may not go up until monday b/c the link just redirects to the homepage right now

BFMC2 was my favorite PS2 MP game and for a time favorite 360 MP game (Sorry CoD4 is knin now). I have high hopes for Dice on this one.

Would love to get in on the beta.

bread's done
Back