Battlefield: Bad Company - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Razzuel']Don't! That is exactly what they want you do. Do not fall into their greedy trap.[/quote]

Agreed! They wanna see if they can actual get money out of it once the keys run out.

[quote name='Razzuel']Don't! That is exactly what they want you do. Do not fall into their greedy trap.[/quote]

Sorry man im too weak. I just subscribed. Its %25 off with there battlefield beta key deal. I just..couldnt...stop myself.

Thank you for pre-ordering Battlefield: Bad Company for Xbox 360. As a special thank you, you are now eligible to participate in the GameStop Exclusive Closed Multiplayer Beta beginning on March 25, 2008 and ending on April 25, 2008.

The Beta Includes:

-Multiplayer gameplay with two maps: Ascension and Oasis.

-Ascension is an infantry based map, Oasis is vehicle based with tanks, jeeps & helicopters.

-First look at an all-new game mode, “Gold Rush” with 12v12 action.

Your Unique Beta Code is YESWE-CAGCA-GSARE-NOOBS-LAWLS

IMPORTANT NOTE: You can download the Beta client now and check out the menu features, but servers will not go live until March 25.

Beta Instructions:

To download the Battlefield: Bad Company multiplayer beta from Xbox Live(r) Marketplace

1. Sign in to Xbox Live from the Xbox Dashboard and then select the Marketplace blade.

2. Select Redeem Code.

3. Use your controller and the on-screen keyboard to enter your beta code, then select Done.

4. Your beta will download to your Xbox 360 Hard Drive.

For questions and/or technical issues, please to go: http://forums.ea.com/mboards/category.jspa?categoryID=148

Thank you,

GameStop/EB Games Customer Service

Can't be much different than listening to fullmetal 720 and HotShot never stop saying "Yes we can/CAG" Obama fluff or "CAGs on news/are noobs" podcast segment when the Grifball stuff takes place. :wall:

If it's any deeper than that, then I for one, am glad, I don't play Call of Duty 4. :lol:

Moo, what was suggested as changes by community to IW during COD4 beta?

Hopefully a Battlefield community forum comes online soon, or they won't be getting any feedback other than server data.

If menu music is any indication of a games awesomeness, then I think battlefield may to COD4. I was really struck by COD4's menu music and the "lets do this", I wonder if it can be bested by battlefield.

[quote name='NWgamer666']Moo, what was suggested as changes by community to IW during COD4 beta?

Hopefully a Battlefield community forum comes online soon, or they won't be getting any feedback other than server data.

If menu music is any indication of a games awesomeness, then I think battlefield may to COD4. I was really struck by COD4's menu music and the "lets do this", I wonder if it can be bested by battlefield.[/quote]

A major one I remember was the re-spawns...in the CoD4 beta, you re-spawned too close to your squad and if they were in a heated battle you'd die as soon as you spawn...sometimes multiple times. That was fixed.

There was also issues with some guns being too strong or not strong enough, I think that the pistol had a long as range and that was fixed IIRC.

Just read that the beta, yes the BETA, will have 10 guns locked. The only way to get them is to fucking buy them on the marketplace?

[quote name='slickkill77']sweet my code came[/quote]

If I do it the way you did can I cancel my order and get my money back once I get my code?

[quote name='SynGamer']Just read that the beta, yes the BETA, will have 10 guns locked. The only way to get them is to fucking buy them on the marketplace?[/QUOTE]

I don't believe there will even be the option to buy those guns until the game is actually released.

[quote name='Draekon']Can't be much different than listening to fullmetal 720 and HotShot never stop saying "Yes we can/CAG" Obama fluff or "CAGs on news/are noobs" podcast segment when the Grifball stuff takes place. :wall:

If it's any deeper than that, then I for one, am glad, I don't play Call of Duty 4. :lol:[/QUOTE]

You win a cookie.

Here is the default controller layout:

back --> Score
start --> In-game menu
Right Stick -->look/crouch
Left Stick --> move/sprint
L trigger --> Zoom
R trigger --> Fire
Left Bumper--> toggle items
Right Bumper-->toggle weapons
Y --> produce knife
A -->Jump
B -->Enter/Exit/Use/Pickup
X -->Reload
UP on D-Pad --> take a screenshot

The stick layout is exactly like COD4's on tactical. It's nice to see sprint, if I'm not mistaken BF2 on Xbox/360 didn't have sprint, and you actually have to pull out your knife to melee unlike COD4.

Oh, and what's up with the beta's menu music? It sounds like something from a NES billards game.:roll:

[quote name='M_Rated']Here is the default controller layout:

back --> Score
start --> In-game menu
Right Stick -->look/crouch
Left Stick --> move/sprint
L trigger --> Zoom
R trigger --> Fire
Left Bumper--> toggle items
Right Bumper-->toggle weapons
Y --> produce knife
A -->Jump
B -->Enter/Exit/Use/Pickup
X -->Reload
UP on D-Pad --> take a screenshot

The stick layout is exactly like COD4's on tactical. It's nice to see sprint, if I'm not mistaken BF2 on Xbox/360 didn't have sprint, and you actually have to pull out your knife to melee unlike COD4.

Oh, and what's up with the beta's menu music? It sounds like something from a NES billards game.:roll:[/quote]

The music is great if you ask me :D

Looks like there'll be an option to take pictures like Halo 3:

bfbcscreenshotproof.jpg

All games should have this option IMO.

[quote name='magiic']holy shit I can't believe what the codes are going for on ebay
I wish I had of grabbed a couple[/quote]

Uh.

Too bad I already redeemed mine. I am interested in trying the game, though, so no regrets. I'll just try to get into more betas in the future. :)

[quote name='wubb']My download FUBARed and it doesn't show up on my history to resume. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

I got 'Device Full' as soon as I tried to download it, so I cleared off some room, and it was on my download history. Did you try re-entering your code?

[quote name='twen']I got 'Device Full' as soon as I tried to download it, so I cleared off some room, and it was on my download history. Did you try re-entering your code?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it says invalid code now. It shows up on my memory list as incomplete so I guess I could try deleting it there but I really doubt that's going to somehow bring it back on my history.

I'll probably give it another try tomorrow just to make sure I'm not misentering the code this time or something.

[quote name='wubb']Yeah it says invalid code now. It shows up on my memory list as incomplete so I guess I could try deleting it there but I really doubt that's going to somehow bring it back on my history.

I'll probably give it another try tomorrow just to make sure I'm not misentering the code this time or something.[/QUOTE]

Strange; when I got device full (after it said 1%) I didn't see it anywhere incomplete (I guess it never actually started at the time).

I would love to try out this beta but apparently no dice for me. Oh well - I still have Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and COD 4 to tide me over.

Just took this from jazzchamp on the video game deals board.

COMCAST internet people only

before i post this on a couple game sites i wanted to give back to anyone here that may be an xbox gamer

i have found a way to get a free IGN FOUNDERS' CLUB account, $120 value, which will get you one of the highly sought after Beta Keys. they best thing is you do not even have to be a 8mb comcast subscriber.

go here, click on Activate your Founders' Club account now! and signup

http://preview.comcast.net/games/inv...ookieattempt=1

now go here, click on "JOIN THE BETA"

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/bfbc/na/

done, key will be displayed on the screen!!

I just got a second Founders account that has a free year :) it works.
And again all credit to Jazzchamp, Wasted $15 but it seems in the end im not totally screwed :D

Edit: btw im on like a 6 MB plan. unless old plans were bumped up to 8mb. Should work for any comcast user

I already got a code via preordering it online at Gamestop with the free sniper rifle code/free overnight shipping, but this is the one time I'm glad to have Comcast, I'm going to get a second code now.

I'm going to say right now that I will be GIVING this code to a IRL friend, and that selling beta codes is a fucking joke.

[quote name='twen']

I'm going to say right now that I will be GIVING this code to a IRL friend, and that selling beta codes is a fucking joke.[/quote]

Same. i sent one of my friends a message over live with the code. Will be a nice suprise when he logs on to see it.

does anybody know if the thing were you have two accounts logged on and you download the beta from one accounts download history? I did this for the Call od Duty 4 Beta and I wondered if it would work for this. I'd be willing to give microsoft points, seriously glitch, or other stuff if anybody is willing to help with this. gt = rkrampage

Just to let you know, accounts on XBL were banned for that. With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if it works.

how would they know you did it? and i doubt they would ban somebody for something free anyway

I'd still like to do this so if anybody is willing to help, contact rkRAMPAGE on live :)

I missed out on all this cause i've not been keeping up around here lately.....

Anyone with an extra code i'll trade you for a 1 month Xbox Live code. Don't really wanna pay $15 to subscriber to a crappy site like IGN.

[quote name='twen']Just to let you know, accounts on XBL were banned for that. With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if it works.[/quote]

If I remember correctly it was between 20,000 - 30,000 people that got banned.(terms of agreement/1 day ban). It will probably happen again atleast until EA/DICE figures out there is double the amount of user on the beta in comparison to keys given out, LOL. I got onto the COD4 beta day 3 with with only 1500 people then a week later it went upto 40,000- 50,000. Most of those COD4 keys signup required a Xbox live GOLD account/Gamertag.

Aw sweet man, thanks so much. [quote name='Metalic']Just took this from jazzchamp on the video game deals board.

COMCAST internet people only

I just got a second Founders account that has a free year :) it works.
And again all credit to Jazzchamp, Wasted $15 but it seems in the end im not totally screwed :D

Edit: btw im on like a 6 MB plan. unless old plans were bumped up to 8mb. Should work for any comcast user[/quote]

Do you guys think you can still get a code from ordering from gamestop.com? And when was the deal for free overnight shipping?

You can try, but it's doubtful at this point, and the deal was the other day -- it was StopWatch sale on the frontpage before NCAA 08 March Madness was.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Did you try the support email that came with the code, Wubb?[/QUOTE]

No I haven't. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Did this start yet? I checked at 1:30am PT and it wasn't up yet.[/QUOTE]

:looks at the date:

Jumping the gun there LP?

bread's done
Back