Battlefield: Bad Company - Gen. Discussion & Info

Yeah, I completed it around the eight hour mark. It becomes bothersome near the end, but it was somewhat satisfying. It helped that the characters have fun personalities.

Man, I am loving this game. The explosions are awesome. Sometimes it's fun to just run around and blow stuff up; this game satisfies that urge, haha. Nothing deep or heavy, just fun action (especially after playing Bioshock, this is a nice contrast). I would think CheapyD would enjoy this game, lol.

[quote name='LiveCrazy_Joe']I dont know about anyone else but I dont like conquest mode. I wish they would bring back the maps back from the last battlefield game. I would pay for those maps. The maps they have now are not as well thought out. They dont work well for conquest mode.

Other than that I love this game.[/quote]

I agree. I don't like conquest either...never play it. I gave it a couple chances and didn't enjoy it at all.

Conquest is sooooooooooooooo much better than gold rush. If they bring back backstab, bridge to far(much), and some of the other maps from 2 then this game would be even better

I like both modes. Conquest is just huge, though, in terms of traveling. Conquest shows just how huge the maps are.

They could have done Oasis better though. That map set its self up perfect for Conquest and EA basically took everything good away about the map

[quote name='chasemurata']Yeah, I completed it around the eight hour mark. It becomes bothersome near the end, but it was somewhat satisfying. It helped that the characters have fun personalities.[/QUOTE]

getting the one in a million achievement was a pain

[quote name='popemogoth']Hahah! I've had teammates who freaked out that I re spawned next to them only to find myself getting knifed. The stupid color icons takes a lil while to show up and I think that's why most of the time they think it's an enemy.[/quote]

this is one of the only things i hate about this game! i know it'd take away from the experience but i think it'd be nice to have red vs. blue teams clearly distinguishable so we can stop getting knifed by teammates haha

[quote name='chasemurata']I like both modes. Conquest is just huge, though, in terms of traveling. Conquest shows just how huge the maps are.[/quote]
Nah I don't think the maps are too huge. Maybe I'm just used to running long distances from BF2.

[quote name='SoulReaver']Nah I don't think the maps are too huge. Maybe I'm just used to running long distances from BF2.[/quote]

Well if Battlefield 2 didnt have the wall glitches and the servers worked it would have been the best 360 online game hands down. Even with the glitches it was amazing. The smg was annoying but you could over come it. Flag 4, 3, and 5 on backstab were three of the best choke points ever in a video game

I love this game but have one major problem. There are to many snipers sometimes. It sucks when you spawn and your squad is full of snipers. Then you run towards the objective and pass up more snipers.

Its so frustrating that Im unable to talk to them and tell them that theres to many snipers. So I just start shooting them. It also doesn't help that they are so far away sometimes.

People who get directly in my way while im shooting and suck. I am shooting at someone and a guy will jump over me and try to knife the guy im shooting.

Four more Conquest maps coming this fall:

Starting today at the Battlefield: Bad Company™ website (http://www.battlefield.com/badcompany) players worldwide can vote to determine which two single player levels will be turned into unique maps for the multiplayer Conquest mode. This vote gives players the chance to revisit popular locations from the single player campaign, such as the golf course in Par For the Course, now in an intense multiplayer match. The two maps with the most votes by Tuesday, September 2nd will win.

If that isn’t enough good news for Battlefield fans, the Bad Company team at DICE will also choose an additional two maps for the Conquest mode. That makes FOUR new maps available to download for free this fall.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/17446/New-Battlefield-Bad-Company-Conquest-Maps-Coming/

Cool idea. Par for the Course is in the lead, everybody vote to keep it that way.

I'm especially surprised it's a free download. DICE is really good at keeping the consumer balanced perfectly between love and hate.

Now that the game has been out for awhile, how bad is the m203 in this game? Are there tons of people using noobtube considering walls are breakable, or no? Also, for those that have played RSV2, if you had to choose one or the other, would it be RSV2 or B:BC?

I vote for better AI, Less Lag and for my weapon to shoot anything but fucking nerf darts at people.

I bought this game the day it came out and just to hear them talk about more maps annoys the hell out of me.

There are about 10 different glitches bugs and general shittiness in the game that I would much rather them fix them make new maps.

Or how about the ability to play the map I actually fucking choose nothing like picking end of the line and having it load Oasis for the 10th time in a god damn row.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an extra Pre-Order Sniper Rifle for Bad Company I am looking to swap for the new Mercenaries 2 Pre-Order Outfits or the Fable 2 Pub Games code if anyone has an extra, just PM me and let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Owen']I have an extra Pre-Order Sniper Rifle for Bad Company I am looking to swap for the new Mercenaries 2 Pre-Order Outfits or the Fable 2 Pub Games code if anyone has an extra, just PM me and let me know.[/quote]

Does anyone have another extra code they would like to give to a fellow CAG

Any regulars interesting in picking up a noob in their squad? I just bought BFBC and the people I was going to play with no longer play the game :whistle2:(

Fall update preview:

EA and DICE have announced that Battlefield: Bad Company will be patched with Trophy support on PlayStation 3 during a future round of fixes.

Meanwhile, PS3 and 360 owners will soon be able to access the three weapons given out exclusively to pre-orders, newsletter sign-ups and demo users for free.

Announced yesterday, albeit quietly, forthcoming Bad Company updates will also address server lag, dog tag lag and PS3 VOIP issues, among other tweaks.

The developers are also currently hard at work at transforming the winner of the Battlefield: Bad Company Cast Your Vote thing into a Conquer map fit for a new map pack. Par for the Course and Acta Non Verba were the winning maps after more than 36,000 votes were cast.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=233482

All I need is the sniper rifle (preorder exclusive) and F2000 assault rifle (Veteran exclusive). But I primarily use the M14, so I am fine with not using the F2000 (as I have no intention to rent Battlefield 2 to unlock it). I am primarily a sniper, so the preorder sniper rifle does pique interest.

[quote name='chasemurata']All I need is the sniper rifle (preorder exclusive) and F2000 assault rifle (Veteran exclusive). But I primarily use the M14, so I am fine with not using the F2000 (as I have no intention to rent Battlefield 2 to unlock it). I am primarily a sniper, so the preorder sniper rifle does pique interest.[/quote]

You aren't really missing anything. The F2000 fires fast, but it is really weak. Sure, you'll kill someone in about the same amount of time, but you'll use 3/4ths of your mag to do it.

And the sniper...like the F2000, the QBU-ED or whatever its called, is like the SVU, only it's automatic (still takes about .5 secs between shots though, so it's not fully automatic) and it's weaker.

People are still playing this trash? Those maps are about 5 months to late, I am pretty no one is playing this anymore and with GoW2, Fallout 3, L4D, this game is toast.

Still in my collection, might break it out when the maps come out tomorrow.

Played this about two weeks ago, didn't have a problem finding a game.

I agree with Slick. BFBC was not only the worst BC ever made but it was simply a bad game to begin with. There is no way it should have got over a 5 or a 6 rating. Everything about the game was crap.

Wooowwww completely no.

I've played BF2, BF2 Special Forces, and BF 2142 on the PC, all of which I loved. I remember tried BF2: MC for the orig Xbox and really disliking it. I like BF:BC. Sure, its a bit different from the rest, but I thought it was fun and entertaining.

It wasnt a terrible game but they changed far to much to make it good. I would have been happier with BF 2 MC; fixed glitches, destructable enviroments and new maps.

The game is fun, it is not the greatest FPS out there but it is pretty fun. There is still a lot of people playing the game and I am going to guess that with Free Maps coming out there is going to be a lot more people playing for a while.

Wow, I'm surprised at some of the hate this game is getting. I don't think this game was intended to be like the others in the BF series. It's not a BAD game. Just because it's different doesn't make it bad.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Wow, I'm surprised at some of the hate this game is getting. I don't think this game was intended to be like the others in the BF series. It's not a BAD game. Just because it's different doesn't make it bad.[/quote]

Again, what made this game bad was that it sucked...not that it was different.

The game was complete ass to play as they dumbed it down so bad that a 2 year old could play it. Red Dot System? Completely lame.

Weapon balance was horrid.
Game modes were terrible. (gold rush was boring as hell as after then first 10 times you played it nothing changed. Crates were in the same spot all the time)
SP (Yeah I dont care if its suppose to be a "multiplayer game" they put a SP in the game so ues I include it in its rating) was worthless. Completely and utterly worthless.

Game balance was pathetic as defenders won 90% of all matches and dont say they didnt beacuse if you checked anyone stats that would have triple the amount of wins on defense then they did for attacking.

This included with the by FAR the worst spawn and squad system of the last 2 console generations. You couldnt pick a team mate to spawn on so the game would default to a sniper 80 miles away from anything....you couldnt pick what squad you were in so you were always just stuck if you got a crappy squad. On top of this there was no team chat or proxy chat so you could only speak to the other 3 dolts on your team. Which lead to virtually every game being dead silent.

Look I am not trying to say that you couldnt enjoy the game because that is a whole different story. You can enjoy anything you want....but as for the questions "Is the game good or bad" there is no fucking way you could even come close to saying it was good. There are a laundry list of problems with it.

In my book of standards once you get past 3 or 4 problems the game can no longer be considered good, average maybe but not good. This game has...10-15 problems throwing it into the horrid class.

EDIT: Oh and lets not forget the most annoying interface in any game I have ever played.
*Chooses conquest mode
*Chooses Ascension
*Loading Harvest Day

*Quits out

*Chooses Ascension
*Loading Oasis

they should've put all the online stuff in on Day 1 and not waited to release different game types and more maps. By now I'm way past this game and playing other games.

I think this was a pretty good Battlefield game, and I've been playing the Battlefield series since Battlefield 1942.

Now Battlefield Modern Combat on the other hand, that was a joke to the series.. even Battlefield Vietnam was more enjoyable.

[quote name='Reck_Havoc']I think this was a pretty good Battlefield game, and I've been playing the Battlefield series since Battlefield 1942.

Now Battlefield Modern Combat on the other hand, that was a joke to the series.. even Battlefield Vietnam was more enjoyable.[/quote]

Fail....

[quote name='slickkill77']Fail....[/QUOTE]

Say what you will, Modern Combat was a lame attempt to bring Battlefield 2 for the PC to the consoles and failed pretty miserbly. It was basically a watered down dummies version of Battlefield 2.

Bad Company may not be the best Battlefield game or even close, but it is easily the best console version of the Battlefield series thus yet.

[quote name='slickkill77']They ruined the BF series. bf2 was amazing online.[/QUOTE]

Fail x2....

I fucking loved Modern Combat. And Bad Company IS Modern Combat. Everything other than the Frostbite engine is a complete cut & paste job with lots of minor and very few major edits. That's what the bulk of development was: Frostbite. To speed up development they just used the core Modern Combat engine.

Wow, this game is a lot of fun. I was a bit disappointed when GameFly shipped this, because it was a halfway down my GameQ, but damn, it's a blast. Does anyone still play online?

I might get back into playing online. I'd say we should start a game night but this game is a pain in the ass to organize a party and keep it together.

bread's done
Back