Bayonetta, Sonic Racing $19.99, Xbox 360 Super Elites w/$50 gc, & more at BestBuy.com

darkmatter00

CAGiversary!
The Best Buy ad this week has nothing special but if you check the XBOX 360 and PS3 on sale sections you might find something you like. When you buy a FF XIII 360 bundle or a Splinter Cell Conviction bundle you get a $50 gift card. This deal seems to be online only. There also some games on sale, most notably Bayonetta for PS3/360 for $19.99 and some select games are 2 for $30. Here are the links. Thanks Cheapy for cleaning up my mess and adding the Wii and DS games.

:360: Xbox 360 250GB Elite Final Fantasy XIII and Splinter Cell Bundles, $299.99 + $50 gift card
iconbestbuy.gif
2 for $30
:360::ps3: Bayonetta $19.99
:360::ps3: Sonic & Sega All Star Racing $19.99
:360::ps3::wii: DJ Hero Bundle & Stand Alone Turntable $19.99-$39.99

Other sale items:
:360: Xbox 360 games
:ps3: PS3 games
:wii: Wii games
:ds: DS games

Last edited by a moderator:
They announced the platinum/greatest hits version for September in Japan. It comes with a different cover art and some extra trailers on disc, but no other goodies unless you care about that stuff.

Nothing announced for other territories yet as far as I know.

[quote name='blahtastic']Aren't they planning on releasing a Ultimate edition or something? I remember reading somewhere that they're planning on doing another version.[/QUOTE]

Damnit, I hope not. Then I'll end up waiting for that.

It didn't even sell that well here so I don't think they would do that here in the states anyway.

[quote name='blahtastic']Aren't they planning on releasing a Ultimate edition or something? I remember reading somewhere that they're planning on doing another version.[/QUOTE]

what would you put in an ultimate edition for a game like this?

(I just started playing the Signal for Alan Wake and it's really odd to jump into the story again.)

Wow, that is an awesome price! I highly recommend this to anyone who likes kart racers...and Sega..I rented it from Gamefly when it came out and had a TON of fun with it. It's complete Sega fan service and a great kart racer. $20 is perfect!

that's an awesome price for both the SS 360, and for Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing! i've has the racing game since it came out, and while i wouldn't say it's as good as Mario Kart, it's DEFINITELY worth $20!

just got it at my best buy in south philly.. they only had 1 copy left.. I grabbed it and browsed around to see if there were any other deals and as I was doing so I saw a couple people go looking around in the B section where Bayonetta was.

Did anyone ever run into someone at a store from this forum? That would be rare eh?

[quote name='enforcer2003']They announced the platinum/greatest hits version for September in Japan. It comes with a different cover art and some extra trailers on disc, but no other goodies unless you care about that stuff.

Nothing announced for other territories yet as far as I know.[/QUOTE]

they aren't fixing the washed up colors on PS3 are they?

[quote name='Capocci 007']just got it at my best buy in south philly.. they only had 1 copy left.. I grabbed it and browsed around to see if there were any other deals and as I was doing so I saw a couple people go looking around in the B section where Bayonetta was.

Did anyone ever run into someone at a store from this forum? That would be rare eh?[/QUOTE]

Sorry if I'm a bit dense, but does that mean you just got it in store and it rang up $19.99? Or did you do instore pick up thing?

[quote name='SkyMasterson']Sorry if I'm a bit dense, but does that mean you just got it in store and it rang up $19.99? Or did you do instore pick up thing?[/QUOTE]

I was at a store earlier today and it was tagged at $19.99.

Ordered that and Sonic All Star Racing, which is also $20, and that game has a ton of stuff to unlock! Thanks OP!

Sent Amazon about this. I got a bunch of credit there so I rather give my money to them and I'll throw in some MS points to get the free shipping.

[quote name='SkyMasterson']Damn BB is doing some good Sega game deals this week.

Bayonetta + Sonic racing = $40 = Sold![/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I just did :)

Thanks OP. Picked up Bayonetta :360: for $19.99.

I was at the checkout and for some reason they couldn't scan my RZ card. Even when the cashier went to manually look up my RZ account she wasn't able to find it. I ended up signing up for a new RZ account, but is it possible that I somehow got banned from my last account?

The last time I used my RZ card was about 2 weeks ago to buy Brutal Legend (I used the $10 off RZ Gamers' Club coupon when I bought it).

I picked this up also and if anyone wants to play a few games online on the xbox 360 just send me a friend request on xbox.

[quote name='rvdrock']Ordered that and Sonic All Star Racing, which is also $20, and that game has a ton of stuff to unlock! Thanks OP![/QUOTE]
I enjoyed this game but be aware that it asks you to complete story mode in a crazy short amount of time and to play up to 100 chapters to unlock some items. Perfect way to burn out the game and never getting to try the unlockables.

[quote name='SkyMasterson']Sorry if I'm a bit dense, but does that mean you just got it in store and it rang up $19.99? Or did you do instore pick up thing?[/QUOTE]

No I just went to the store and it rang up as 19.99... it even says on sale for 19.99 on the price tag

Why do I keep coming to this site even though I know I've gone over my game budget for this week? I don't think I can pass up Bayonetta at this price. I wonder how long this sale lasts.

Bayonetta and Sonic Racing are an absolute steal at $19.99. I like SR more than Mod Nation Racers and it seems like people are still playing regularly online on 360 at least.

I went ahead and bought Bayonetta. I need to be banned from this site until my next paycheck.

No one oblige the 2 for $30. Most of the games on that list you can get for $15 or cheaper normally.

Heck for both Force Unleashed and Tomb Raider there's a 2 pack for $20 new with the 360. Imagine pairing that up with the 40% off deal at Gamestop.com .

Finally got Bayonetta! I've always wanted it, and I picked up Saint's Row 2 even though the I thought the first one was lame, I heard too many good things about this sequel.

Also Sonic Racing is a great game but I should note that there are some random glitchy Achievements (i.e. some will disappear after you've unlocked them). I don't know about the PS3 ver. with Trophies, you can check Xbox360achievements.org for more info. But the game is really fun and if you like cart racing, I highly suggest it.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Amazon will pricematch BBY deal :) I refer 360 version over PS3 version on this one :)[/QUOTE]

Do I have to email them about it or do you mean amazon will change the price soon on their site to refelct the price match?

[quote name='SkyMasterson']Do I have to email them about it or do you mean amazon will change the price soon on their site to refelct the price match?[/QUOTE]

Just waits till monday or tuesday. Amazon always slow on price matching with BBY. If they don't u are SOL but still u can buy from BBY and pay taxes & shipping

Thanks, I finally got a copy of Bayonetta. I had it at launch, but traded it in. I was waiting for it to go down to $20, glad I didn't get it for $30 during gamestop's sale.

Will Walmart price match this you think? I know they don't pricematch online stores like Amazon but BestBuy.com might be different because their prices are usually the exact same as the in store prices.

found sonic and sega all star racing at bestbuy store for $19.99 so i'm going to return the one i got from tru 2 days ago. finally found something to spend my $5 reward certificate on. I hate bestbuys rewards, I rarely shop there, but every time I accumulate points for using my certificate, I go there again to use it.

btw, does anyone know about the dlc characters on xbox live? i want to get the ryo and metal sonic, but it cost 320pts and 560pts respectively. They also have a bundled pack for all 22 characters and 24 tracks unlocked from the beginning for 400pts, but that was released before the 2 characters. Is that pack just to unlock everything that you already have for free by just playing or does it include the 2 dlc characters and extra tracks too?

Man, my girlfriend has been asking for that Sonic Racing game and I told myself 420 or less would be my buying point. Checking the stores however, none of them are in near me : /

[quote name='genfuyung']wish amazon would match the sonic price.[/QUOTE]

Same here! I have $38 in Amazon credit I'd love to use on this...

bread's done
Back