Bayonetta, Sonic Racing $19.99, Xbox 360 Super Elites w/$50 gc, & more at BestBuy.com

darkmatter00

CAGiversary!
The Best Buy ad this week has nothing special but if you check the XBOX 360 and PS3 on sale sections you might find something you like. When you buy a FF XIII 360 bundle or a Splinter Cell Conviction bundle you get a $50 gift card. This deal seems to be online only. There also some games on sale, most notably Bayonetta for PS3/360 for $19.99 and some select games are 2 for $30. Here are the links. Thanks Cheapy for cleaning up my mess and adding the Wii and DS games.

:360: Xbox 360 250GB Elite Final Fantasy XIII and Splinter Cell Bundles, $299.99 + $50 gift card
iconbestbuy.gif
2 for $30
:360::ps3: Bayonetta $19.99
:360::ps3: Sonic & Sega All Star Racing $19.99
:360::ps3::wii: DJ Hero Bundle & Stand Alone Turntable $19.99-$39.99

Other sale items:
:360: Xbox 360 games
:ps3: PS3 games
:wii: Wii games
:ds: DS games

Last edited by a moderator:
Sega's Bayonetta and Sonic Racing are the classic-example-game to drop in price very deeply months after release. If you don't need to play it immediately you will probably see it in even cheaper price easily down the road.

Bayonetta. Good game. The next Devil May Cry. 12th game to get perfect 40/40 from Famitsu. Lot of "GOTY" buzz in the gaming world.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Man, my girlfriend has been asking for that Sonic Racing game and I told myself 420 or less would be my buying point. Checking the stores however, none of them are in near me : /[/QUOTE]
Well, good news: this game has been under $420 since the day it was released! Unless you mean you're holding out for $4.20, which seems oddly specific.

Sorry, I know it was just a typo. I'm a dick. :cool:

[quote name='lockarm']Bayonetta. Good game. The next Devil May Cry. 12th game to get perfect 40/40 from Famitsu. Lot of "GOTY" buzz in the gaming world.[/QUOTE]

Yeah no, this is far from being the GOTY. And Famitsu is a total joke these days. You pay them enough and you'll get a perfect score

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yeah no, this is far from being the GOTY. And Famitsu is a total joke these days. You pay them enough and you'll get a perfect score[/QUOTE]

Bayonetta is an amazing, high-production game; easily among the best (top 10) game releases this year. Not sure if it's GOTY, but it's hard to see it not being a major contender for the title.

I honestly had my doubts based on the lead character (face it, games with sex-ified female leads like Bayonetta usually equate to bad games); but this one is the big exception. An easy 9/10 from me, and well, most of the gaming press scored it even higher.

Thanks for the thread, OP! :)

Bayonetta for $20 is a steal. I thought it was such a great game, epic final boss. Like DMC with a chic on crazy action pills. YOW!
n 420 ;)

[quote name='Curufinwe']Bayonetta on the 360 has 90 on MetaCritic which doesn't include Famitsu's perfect score. But I suppose Edge, Gaming Age, 1up, etc. are all corrupt too. :roll:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/bayonetta/critic-reviews[/QUOTE]

Where did I say the game is bad again? Oh right I didn't. I'm just pointing out that people shouldn't highlight a perfect score from Famitsu like it's the holy f'n grail. Maybe in the past they were, but they've put out more 40/40 in a shorter period, and from what I've read, it's based partly on money received from the company.

I never said the game can't be considered in the the top 10 for games this year, but no way is it the GOTY.

Just picked up Bayonetta and Sonic Racing, both for 360, along with 2 of whatever the hell this is: APPLE COMPUTER INC. - More To Come with free shipping to store, used my $40 RZ certificate, total cost to me: $0. Solid.

EDIT: Both Bayonetta and Sonic confirmed ready to be picked up. Sweet, considering both were showing available in store in 1-2 weeks before I placed the order...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked up a copy of Bayonetta, been meaning to get to, great at 20 beans, hopefully ill get to it soon. I'm working on Alan wake right now that i got for 28$, so other than Halo:Reach ill be caught up because i am not interested in nothing til 2011 for the 360 except perhaps Arcade release's...BTW i'm addicted to MNC if anybody is down to play. Thanks for the deal OP.

[quote name='grizbo']Just picked up Bayonetta and Sonic Racing, both for 360, along with 2 of whatever the hell this is: APPLE COMPUTER INC. - More To Come with free shipping to store, used my $40 RZ certificate, total cost to me: $0. Solid.
[/QUOTE]

Smart. I wish Amazon would sell that Apple thing also.

So if you go to store pickup and it says ship to store only does that mean none of your stores have it on stock?

[quote name='jer7583']So if you go to store pickup and it says ship to store only does that mean none of your stores have it on stock?[/QUOTE]

pretty sure thats what it means..they recently changed the whole thing around to where it looks very confusing. Basically, when looking at the list of 5 closet stores, it has to say Available inside the box.

in for one with ship to store option $20.99 after tax. also, already available at my store so i can get it today =)

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yeah no, this is far from being the GOTY. And Famitsu is a total joke these days. You pay them enough and you'll get a perfect score[/QUOTE]

No yeah, I'm not saying it is, but a lot of people are (google it).

I picked up Sonic and Sega today. Its a lot better than I expected and the achievements are very easy to get for those people interested in that.

Its almost as good as Modnation Racers.

Picked both at my local BB where Bayonetta and Sonic racing XBox 360 versions were already marked down to $19.99. No mark downs for PS3 though.

Wasn't DJ Hero (game + turntable) plus an extra turntable $39.99 on any system at Best Buy, at least the past few weeks?

So now is the extra turntable not included for free, i.e. $39.99 + $19.99?

If so, looks like I should've jumped when I had the chance...for two turntables (and no microphone).

So to my suprise I read that Amazons policy is not to pricematch other retailers. However I know they have equaled prices when other places have had sales.

Hopefully amazon will drop the prices for these soon. Otherwise I guess I'll be waiting again.

Just ordered Sonic Racing after trying the XBL demo. Seems like a blast, and my wife enjoyed it too....so that makes it pretty much a must buy. Thanks OP :applause:

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']Looks like it's a price drop for byonetta. I went today to pick up my copy and saw that they had it for $19.[/QUOTE]

This is not a price drop. The game will go back up after the sale ends. The game only been out for 8 mos. I don't expect to see it hit 19.99 again (or lower) until Black Friday/holidays.

[quote name='darthmalice777']Just ordered Sonic Racing after trying the XBL demo. Seems like a blast, and my wife enjoyed it too....so that makes it pretty much a must buy. Thanks OP :applause:[/QUOTE]
This is the exact reason I picked it up from this sale again. Its basicly the only game I could get my wife to play with me, she was pretty PO'd when I got rid of it before. I hope my store has atleast one copy in-stock, so I'm not waiting 2 weeks for it.(backordered on BB.com)

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I mean, is Amazon even gonna match this?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see Amazon match it -- but then again, may be not. This is the time of the year when companies start to stock up on inventory for the big holiday push, and Amazon might want to hold onto its Bayonetta inventory for that reason (I would hope it will be part of its holiday blitz when we saw low-low prices on some major titles).

Then again, it could be that Amazon thinks this is an unpublicized sale (and it is because Best Buy didn't even put it in its print ad) so it doesn't see any reason to match it because it's not really losing huge sales because of it.

I thought today was going to be the last day for it anyways. If it was really only a two day sale, there's no way Amazon would match it.

Got the last copy of All Star Racing on 360 earlier today. Time to fuck shit up as Ryo Hazuki!

Thanks OP. Had a $10 Gift Certificate I was looking to use. Ended up paying $10.94 w/ Site to Store, which ain't to shabby.

[quote name='frpilot']found sonic and sega all star racing at bestbuy store for $19.99 so i'm going to return the one i got from tru 2 days ago. finally found something to spend my $5 reward certificate on. I hate bestbuys rewards, I rarely shop there, but every time I accumulate points for using my certificate, I go there again to use it.

btw, does anyone know about the dlc characters on xbox live? i want to get the ryo and metal sonic, but it cost 320pts and 560pts respectively. They also have a bundled pack for all 22 characters and 24 tracks unlocked from the beginning for 400pts, but that was released before the 2 characters. Is that pack just to unlock everything that you already have for free by just playing or does it include the 2 dlc characters and extra tracks too?[/QUOTE]

Ryo can be bought in the in-game store using the credits you get playing the game. I don't remember off-hand if metal sonic was one of the 12 you can buy.

West Albuquerque has one Sonic 360 left... i played it for an hour or so this afternoon, great game! AND! The 10-year-olds playing multiplayer are a billion times more well-behaved than the douchers I played Crackdown 2 with just prior.

[quote name='callmesteam']West Albuquerque has one Sonic 360 left... i played it for an hour or so this afternoon, great game! AND! The 10-year-olds playing multiplayer are a billion times more well-behaved than the douchers I played Crackdown 2 with just prior.[/QUOTE]

That's a lose-lose either way.

Dang, holy hell again. Missed the coupon for a slightly cheaper Bayonetta. I'm thinking I'll just wait until the holidays now.

Grabbed Bayonetta, awesome steal especially because I have recently run out of things to play. Almost went for DJ Hero but realized I really didn't have a table for it.

I was lucky to find out the deal during my vacation and even happened to have the 10% coupon with me. Picked up Bayonetta :360: at the local BB today. It was strange to have to pay tax on it since I'm used to paying no sale tax in Oregon.

Local BB had no copies of Bayonetta for either console, sadly (Dewitt, New York). However, to feel I had not made a completely wasted trip, I bought DJ Hero w/extra turntable for 40$! =)

bread's done
Back