BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='@FIF']Don't know about the additional sub vs. extension, but I'm sure you could call CS to merge the two if its the former. You can definitely use two of the same coupon in the same transaction and walk out with two KOA. I do it all the time to pick up deal games on both platforms.[/QUOTE]

Nice. Thanks.

And one more question -

If I was to trade the two Amalur games back after I open them, would I still get the trade in value plus the 50% promotion and 10% extra I personally get despite that it would show on my account that I purchased the games using coupons?

Thanks.

[quote name='dan77733']Nice. Thanks.

And one more question -

If I was to trade the two Amalur games back after I open them, would I still get the trade in value plus the 50% promotion and 10% extra I personally get despite that it would show on my account that I purchased the games using coupons?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You'd get 100x TIV per KoA game, that makes about $1200 per copy. Go for it. :roll:

after promo you would get 9.60 for each...base tiv is 6 bucks now. if u wanna waste 2 coupons to lose money, go for it.
bb knew what u were gonna do before u did.

ps kill yourself now.

Thanks

[quote name='dan77733']Nice. Thanks.

And one more question -

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']It's a DOTD today and therefore will not work with the magazine, which has the coupons going into effect on the 15th.[/QUOTE]

and herein lies my problem of now having @gamer and thus not knowing when coupons are active

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Too bad I didn't dump my copy of KoA before the 100% promo ended or that would've been a $25 n change trade.:cry: Oh well.[/QUOTE]

probably it is best that way, you might get ban again, since you do not keep tracking of the multiples you traded in the past. blessing in disguise ,lol

[quote name='YBX87']probably it is best that way, you might get ban again, since you do not keep tracking of the multiples you traded in the past. blessing in disguise ,lol[/QUOTE]
I guess. But I know that I have only had this one copy of KoA since launch, so I haven't traded any into them as of yet.:razz:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I guess. But I know that I have only had this one copy of KoA since launch, so I haven't traded any into them as of yet.:razz:[/QUOTE]

so u not banned anymore? how u convince them to unbanned u? :applause:

I have a couple of questions about this program:

If I wanted to pick up more than one copy of the same game (KoA, in this instance), could I use this coupon deal for both? Or is this a "One coupon per customer/rewards member" deal?

I've been trying to find this out through googling everything about this program, but I just never seem to find anything answering this.

If I can buy more than one of the same title with this deal, can I use only one coupon for both copies of the game? My guess would be "no", and I'm fine with that, but if I can save an extra $5, well that'd just be great.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']I have a couple of questions about this program:

If I wanted to pick up more than one copy of the same game (KoA, in this instance), could I use this coupon deal for both? Or is this a "One coupon per customer/rewards member" deal?

I've been trying to find this out through googling everything about this program, but I just never seem to find anything answering this.

If I can buy more than one of the same title with this deal, can I use only one coupon for both copies of the game? My guess would be "no", and I'm fine with that, but if I can save an extra $5, well that'd just be great.[/QUOTE]

You can use coupons multiple times, but you may not be able to use one coupon on multiple copies. YMMV, depending on who the cashier is.

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']You can use coupons multiple times, but you may not be able to use one coupon on multiple copies. YMMV, depending on who the cashier is.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

I didn't want to to go out, buy two magizines, get one game successfully purchased, and then find myself stopped from discounting the second by the computer and be stuck with a magizine that I wouldn't be able to return (since I would have a torn out coupon).

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']Thanks.

I didn't want to to go out, buy two magizines, get one game successfully purchased, and then find myself stopped from discounting the second by the computer and be stuck with a magizine that I wouldn't be able to return (since I would have a torn out coupon).[/QUOTE]

If you're buying the magazines with the games, don't tear out the coupons. They'll scan them right from the mag. If they're strict with the "one use, one game per coupon" policy like my store is, they'll probably just leave them in the magazine and write "void" over the barcode on the back of the coupons you use. At least that way, if you get shot down, you can just back out of buying the second mag...

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']You can use coupons multiple times, but you may not be able to use one coupon on multiple copies. YMMV, depending on who the cashier is.[/QUOTE]

Wait, you can use the coupons more than once? Meaning, I can 2 copies of KoA (in different purchases) using one coupon?

[quote name='GamerDude316']Wait, you can use the coupons more than once? Meaning, I can 2 copies of KoA (in different purchases) using one coupon?[/QUOTE]

Yes, only if your cashier let you keep the existing coupon in the magazine, you can buy the same game again next time. I doubt they will let you use it at the same time. My local BB is close so from past purchases, I will buy one copy today and another copy the next day.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Has everyone here received their July issue? I haven't received it in the mail yet. It usually arrives early in the month....[/QUOTE]

Received mine yesterday

I just received my welcome package for signing up with GU. Signed up at the end of May, it has the 4 coupons (B2G1 Pre-owned, B2G1 New up to $39.99, 50% off a strategy guide, and 10% off of a digital gaming purchase(?)) which are good through 11/2/12 and two stickers with the reward zone barcode so you don't need to carry the card.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Has everyone here received their July issue? I haven't received it in the mail yet. It usually arrives early in the month....[/QUOTE]

I posted a while ago: Gamer publishes 10 magazines a year. July/August is one of those times where there's only one magazine instead of two. That's why it's coming so late and why the coupons run so long.

Regarding people using the coupons more than once: You're not supposed to be able to. The cashier is supposed to take the coupon from you.

Received mine yesterday, coupons start sunday.

Sorry if this is a little off topic, but I noticed people received a 50% off strategy guide with their welcome packet for being a GCU, does this apply to the collector's edition of strategy guides?

[quote name='Geco17']Sorry if this is a little off topic, but I noticed people received a 50% off strategy guide with their welcome packet for being a GCU, does this apply to the collector's edition of strategy guides?[/QUOTE]

It should apply to all strategy guides.

yeah it works. used mine for the ffx iii-2 ce guide

[quote name='Geco17']Sorry if this is a little off topic, but I noticed people received a 50% off strategy guide with their welcome packet for being a GCU, does this apply to the collector's edition of strategy guides?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']after promo you would get 9.60 for each...base tiv is 6 bucks now. if u wanna waste 2 coupons to lose money, go for it.
bb knew what u were gonna do before u did.

ps kill yourself now.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

It was $14 yesterday and p.s. - **** you!!!

[quote name='GamerDude316']Wait, you can use the coupons more than once? Meaning, I can 2 copies of KoA (in different purchases) using one coupon?[/QUOTE]

it's very ymmv. at my local BB there's one guy at the gaming department who never takes my coupons but the rest of his colleagues do :( I don't ever really plan on buying more than one copy of the coupon'ed games but it's definitely a huge bonus if I am allowed to keep the coupon. Always nice to pass on the savings to friends too.

lol i posted that right after your post, in which case it was already $6. nice try. nope, best buy fucked you.

[quote name='dan77733']It was $14 yesterday and p.s. - **** you!!![/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']lol i posted that right after your post, in which case it was already $6. nice try. nope, best buy fucked you.[/QUOTE]

When I checked it last night before I asked questions, it was listed as $14. Believe me or not, I dont care and BB didnt screw me because im not losing anything so it doesnt matter.

Probably the wrong thread for this, but maybe someone can answer it...

I just bought MP3/GTAIV bundle from target for $44.99, and I'm planning on opening it and returning the MP3 copy to best buy where I got my original MP3 (mainly just wanted GTAIV again for a super cheap price)

My question before I open the plastic is, are the SKUs different on the MP3 copies would you think? Id hate to be stuck with 2 copies, one of which I can't take back to target because I opened the shrink wrap.

MP3 and GTAIV are both 2 separate games in their own cases, so I would think the SKU would be th same as the BBY copy I bought originally?

[quote name='jcp42877']Probably the wrong thread for this, but maybe someone can answer it...

I just bought MP3/GTAIV bundle from target for $44.99, and I'm planning on opening it and returning the MP3 copy to best buy where I got my original MP3 (mainly just wanted GTAIV again for a super cheap price)

My question before I open the plastic is, are the SKUs different on the MP3 copies would you think? Id hate to be stuck with 2 copies, one of which I can't take back to target because I opened the shrink wrap.

MP3 and GTAIV are both 2 separate games in their own cases, so I would think the SKU would be th same as the BBY copy I bought originally?[/QUOTE]
I picked up that bundle at Target for the PS3 and have opened it. They are seperate, sealed games. The UPC for MP3 is 710425376061. The GTA copy says Not for resale on the UPC.

You're not SUPPOSED to be able to use them twice...no. However if they don't either take the coupon or write "void" on it then there's nothing in their system stopping you from using it twice. At my store they always either take it or if I leave it in the magazine write void.

pretty sure u lost ur potential 2 copies of koa w/ coupon flip. if u didnt care u wouldnt still be talking about it.

[quote name='dan77733']When I checked it last night before I asked questions, it was listed as $14. Believe me or not, I dont care and BB didnt screw me because im not losing anything so it doesnt matter.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jcp42877']Probably the wrong thread for this, but maybe someone can answer it...

MP3 and GTAIV are both 2 separate games in their own cases, so I would think the SKU would be th same as the BBY copy I bought originally?[/QUOTE]

Do you still have the Best Buy Max Payne copy? I'm guessing you can't see the SKU on the Target one or you could just compare the ones you have.

I would think if it's a separate case and disc that it'd be the same SKU but you might want to check them in-store if you don't have your copy anymore just to make sure.

Is there a number I can call or website I can visit to see when I'm going to get my first issue. It's been more than six weeks and still no mag also yes I did sign up for physical issue.

[quote name='technicalstylez']pretty sure u lost ur potential 2 copies of koa w/ coupon flip. if u didnt care u wouldnt still be talking about it.[/QUOTE]

Since I was going to sign up for Unlocked and use the two coupons for Amalur, I end up only losing $4 profit which is no big deal. And thinking about it, I could still do it, keep the two games sealed and wait until after the coupon expires to see if the TIV goes back up since I would be waiting for the $20 cert and $10 coupon after pre-ordering and purchasing Madden so I may still actually do it.

Worse case scenario...i sell on ebay in Sept. and break even. Either way, its all good. I am kind of suprised that the Tiger Woods TIV is still $20 but I think that will go down on Sunday.

[quote name='dan77733']Since I was going to sign up for Unlocked and use the two coupons for Amalur, I end up only losing $4 profit which is no big deal. And thinking about it, I could still do it, keep the two games sealed and wait until after the coupon expires to see if the TIV goes back up since I would be waiting for the $20 cert and $10 coupon after pre-ordering and purchasing Madden so I may still actually do it.

Worse case scenario...i sell on ebay in Sept. and break even. Either way, its all good. I am kind of suprised that the Tiger Woods TIV is still $20 but I think that will go down on Sunday.[/QUOTE]I'd sell it on CL for $25 since the MSRP is $40.

[quote name='gravel']I just received my welcome package for signing up with GU. Signed up at the end of May, it has the 4 coupons (B2G1 Pre-owned, B2G1 New up to $39.99, 50% off a strategy guide, and 10% off of a digital gaming purchase(?)) which are good through 11/2/12 and two stickers with the reward zone barcode so you don't need to carry the card.[/QUOTE]Looks like no b2g1 on BF:cry: unless BB takes my advise & offers coupon packs or GCU deals thru the RZ site just for us. Last year they surprised with the free unlocked coupon so I'd expect them to have somethings up their sleeve. They're gonna want to reward those who've been unlocked already & do deals that'll force other to become unlocked too. Knowing how they think I'm betting the reward for already being unlocked with be well worth it.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I picked up that bundle at Target for the PS3 and have opened it. They are seperate, sealed games. The UPC for MP3 is 710425376061. The GTA copy says Not for resale on the UPC.[/QUOTE]

Is that for the separate max Payne case? My Best Buy copy SKU is 710425396052.

The shrink wrapped combo SKU is 710425492044

If I'm thinking correctly, this may be 3 different SKUs :/

Im wondering if I open the Target package if maybe the MP3 SKU is the same as the Best buy one...

OR, if I open the combo, I keep GTAIV, and return the unopened MP3 to target for all my money back. Would a store give you a refund back if SKUs are different?? You could just say it was a gift or something you got and are returning. Not like they can't resell it.

EDIT: now tht I'm looking at my BBY receipt, they included the last digits of the SKU on the receipt, but Target did NOT. Could that make a difference?

Just saw yours was for PS3 too...oops

Just picked up Tera today for 8.55 after tax, was planning on picking it up with the coupon but the deal of the day is freaking awesome....

Also, does anyone know if you can activate KOA on steam with the key from the physical copy?

[quote name='MellowSeth']Just picked up Tera today for 8.55 after tax, was planning on picking it up with the coupon but the deal of the day is freaking awesome....

Also, does anyone know if you can activate KOA on steam with the key from the physical copy?[/QUOTE]

Origin only.

For some CE/SE/LE versions of guides Best Buy may charge $5 OVER MSRP(see: Uncharted 3 guide, for example).
[quote name='technicalstylez']pretty sure u lost ur potential 2 copies of koa w/ coupon flip. if u didnt care u wouldnt still be talking about it.[/QUOTE]
:lol::applause:
[quote name='GenTrapstar']Is there a number I can call or website I can visit to see when I'm going to get my first issue. It's been more than six weeks and still no mag also yes I did sign up for physical issue.[/QUOTE]
If only @Gamer had a website. Oh wait, they do.

https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/GMR/c...id=1342202331487&lsid=21951258514018442&vid=1

Toll free # to call for customer service is at the bottom of the page in case you don't have the info required to log in and check yourself.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I picked up that bundle at Target for the PS3 and have opened it. They are seperate, sealed games. The UPC for MP3 is 710425376061. The GTA copy says Not for resale on the UPC.[/QUOTE]

I picked up Max Payne 3 from Best Buy and my SKU is the same. So more than likely yes, dude can pull that off.

[quote name='GenTrapstar']Is there a number I can call or website I can visit to see when I'm going to get my first issue. It's been more than six weeks and still no mag also yes I did sign up for physical issue.[/QUOTE]

1-800-678-3643

I literally just received my new issue today, when I had signed up on 6/2/12...

I ordered KofA Reckoning and Pre-owned copy of Dead Island (I figured I didn't need the GOTY edition). My question is since my total came out to be a little over $57, (I get mailed the $10 code for picking up in store) can I use the coupon before picking up my order, knocking it down to $27, and also get to keep the $10 credit?

Also, since I unlocked at the end of June and probably won't get July/Aug magazine, could I just ask the best buy rep to scan the coupon for me?

[quote name='awsookysooky']I ordered KofA Reckoning and Pre-owned copy of Dead Island (I figured I didn't need the GOTY edition). My question is since my total came out to be a little over $57, (I get mailed the $10 code for picking up in store) can I use the coupon before picking up my order, knocking it down to $27, and also get to keep the $10 credit?

Also, since I unlocked at the end of June and probably won't get July/Aug magazine, could I just ask the best buy rep to scan the coupon for me?[/QUOTE]

Hmmm I thought used games don't count for the 10 code

[quote name='jcp42877']Is that for the separate max Payne case? My Best Buy copy SKU is 710425396052.

The shrink wrapped combo SKU is 710425492044

If I'm thinking correctly, this may be 3 different SKUs :/

Im wondering if I open the Target package if maybe the MP3 SKU is the same as the Best buy one...

OR, if I open the combo, I keep GTAIV, and return the unopened MP3 to target for all my money back. Would a store give you a refund back if SKUs are different?? You could just say it was a gift or something you got and are returning. Not like they can't resell it.

EDIT: now tht I'm looking at my BBY receipt, they included the last digits of the SKU on the receipt, but Target did NOT. Could that make a difference?

Just saw yours was for PS3 too...oops[/QUOTE]

Doesn't the thing under your username say cagin' legit?

bread's done
Back