BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the person I spoke to in-store last night claimed they'd be getting more copies, but I don't know if he had any real info or was just assuming. If it wouldn't have been so close to closing, I would have tried to order for pickup then. As it is, they must have had copies in the back, since my order was ready for pickup 10 minutes before the store actually opened this morning.

There's a store about 50 miles away that has KoA. The guy at my local store said they can't OMS from another store, only the warehouse.

Is that right?

[quote name='confoosious']There's a store about 50 miles away that has KoA. The guy at my local store said they can't OMS from another store, only the warehouse.

Is that right?[/QUOTE]

Every OMS order I've made has been from their warehouse stock. I know others have mentioned making orders within districts but I have yet to do so.

[quote name='Donut2922']Every OMS order I've made has been from their warehouse stock. I know others have mentioned making orders within districts but I have yet to do so.[/QUOTE]

you guys are lucky, my nearby bb stores are never that helpful in even ordering from warehouses with oms order, they just tell me nope, sorry. LOL

this shit is getting ridiculous. i still haven't gotten my mag in the mail, and my BB didn't get a shipment of the current mag. i bought KoA a while back in anticipation of the mag (and then adjusting the price). now i have to wait until one of these mags shows up. does anyone have the digital coupons that they can hook me up with (i just need the KoA one for now). if asking is frowned upon, then disregard my request. i'm just frustrated.

[quote name='YBX87']you guys are lucky, my nearby bb stores are never that helpful in even ordering from warehouses with oms order, they just tell me nope, sorry. LOL[/QUOTE]

With all of the deals that BB has offered over the past year+, I've been a regular at my local BB to the point that they know my name and don't even bother checking for my ID for .com pickups anymore. Last time they saw me enter the door and had my order and sign off sheet ready for me once I got to the customer service counter - literally in and out of the store under 60 seconds lol :whistle2:(

[quote name='Donut2922']With all of the deals that BB has offered over the past year+, I've been a regular at my local BB to the point that they know my name and don't even bother checking for my ID for .com pickups anymore. Last time they saw me enter the door and had my order and sign off sheet ready for me once I got to the customer service counter - literally in and out of the store under 60 seconds lol :whistle2:([/QUOTE]
Exactly, and I am learning the hours of all the gaming guys. The asian guy has the highest efficiency I have ever seen in any retail business. My trade-ins with him goes incredibly smooth although the process is ridiculous (look up game, apply promo, both of us sign at the pad, swipe my DL, take my fingerprint, print out receipt and both of us sign on paper again etc.). There is one guy who must be high when he comes to work all the time, I avoid at all costs.

[quote name='TooPoor']Exactly, and I am learning the hours of all the gaming guys. The asian guy has the highest efficiency I have ever seen in any retail business. My trade-ins with him goes incredibly smooth although the process is ridiculous (look up game, apply promo, both of us sign at the pad, swipe my DL, take my fingerprint, print out receipt and both of us sign on paper again etc.). There is one guy who must be high when he comes to work all the time, I avoid at all costs.[/QUOTE]

man, fingerprints, LOL. i am not sure i would be trading in at my bestbuy if they require fingerprints

[quote name='YBX87']man, fingerprints, LOL. i am not sure i would be trading in at my bestbuy if they require fingerprints[/QUOTE]

Some require a photo also and hold up the games with the photo. My two local ones didn't need anymore than a DL, but that 3rd one required all 3, never again...

[quote name='Geco17']Some require a photo also and hold up the games with the photo. My two local ones didn't need anymore than a DL, but that 3rd one required all 3, never again...[/QUOTE]

i already know that some bb require those, but i am not going to give some strangers my fingerprints just to trade in some games, sorry no thanks

[quote name='Geco17']Some require a photo also and hold up the games with the photo. My two local ones didn't need anymore than a DL, but that 3rd one required all 3, never again...[/QUOTE]

wtf

[quote name='YBX87']i already know that some bb require those, but i am not going to give some strangers my fingerprints just to trade in some games, sorry no thanks[/QUOTE]

Agreed, that is just too much. Not worth it.

Anyone knows how to get the 50% off new strategy gamer guide for new members?
I just signed up two weeks ago. Nothing in the mail yet but they did give me 2 free magazines in store.

[quote name='cagfansub']Anyone knows how to get the 50% off new strategy gamer guide for new members?
I just signed up two weeks ago. Nothing in the mail yet but they did give me 2 free magazines in store.[/QUOTE]

You wait for it to come in the mail

[quote name='YBX87']i already know that some bb require those, but i am not going to give some strangers my fingerprints just to trade in some games, sorry no thanks[/QUOTE]
It's not BB's fault, they have to obey the state law; as ridiculous as it seems.

lol seriously? This is the first time I heard about the photo with the trade-in games. Oh that would have stopped me from trading in the stacks of PS2 games.

[quote name='lochdoun']It's not BB's fault, they have to obey the state law; as ridiculous as it seems.[/QUOTE]

but the government ALWAYS KNOWS best lololol

Well it doesn't look like any BBs around me are restocking Tera for me to use the coupon. Has anyone had any luck using it on the CE? There is only one BB close to me that has Tera, but it's the CE version.

[quote name='kayne2000']but the government ALWAYS KNOWS best lololol[/QUOTE]

I know I've had this government discussion with you before.

It's driving me crazy cause I can't remember. What username did you used to have on here?

@barritt -someone previously said they were able to without an override. Fwiw.

[quote name='confoosious']It's driving me crazy cause I can't remember. What username did you used to have on here?

@barritt -someone previously said they were able to without an override. Fwiw.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Thanks so much for the quick response! This BB is the 2nd closest to me, so I didn't want to have to make the drive if it didn't seem likely to work.

Well, that could have gone better.

Went to pick up my order of KoA, cancel, and rebuy with the coupon. They actually had no problem with me doing that.

Except that the new copy that I ordered on-line happened to be, in reality, used. Like, in a generic case, with no manual (based on weight) used.

So $30 off? No, or course not. How about 10% off? No thanks. :wall:

Damn. Or more appropriately...:censored:

And look, Newegg sold out of the $25 copies for 360. My PC could run it, but this seems like a game I'd rather have on the 360...

A couple local Gamestops still have it new for $40...wonder if they'll honor the coupon? :razz: Ha ha ha.

[quote name='Frog Ribs']Well, that could have gone better.

Went to pick up my order of KoA, cancel, and rebuy with the coupon. They actually had no problem with me doing that.

Except that the new copy that I ordered on-line happened to be, in reality, used. Like, in a generic case, with no manual (based on weight) used.

And look, Newegg sold out of the $25 copies for 360. My PC could run it, but this seems like a game I'd rather have on the 360...

A couple local Gamestops still have it new for $40...wonder if they'll honor the coupon? :razz: Ha ha ha.[/QUOTE]

the online pass they give you in the new copy just unlocks addition dlc missions/quests, so you should of gotten it used if you really wanted it that badly like you said

A couple local Gamestops still have it new for $40...wonder if they'll honor the coupon? :razz: Ha ha ha.[/QUOTE]

there is no manual for it anyways, there is an insert saying manual is on disc

Managed to pick up in store KoA for 360. Sadly, when I told the lady that I wanted to return and rebuy it with the coupon she said I had to come back tomorrow as you have to wait 24 hours after a .com purchase to return it. It's a massive bummer because, as I've mentioned many times, the closest BBs to me are about 40 minutes away without traffic. Now it's the weekend and this one is on the wya to the beach so I expect traffic to be massive the next two days.

Thankfully I was able to just tell the one employee that I didn't get my @Gamer magazine in the mail yet, he looked it up with my RZ card, saw that I signed up on the 27th of June, and gave me a copy after calling over a manager to see what to do. The employee was also puzzled when I told him that the girl who signed me up last month wouldn't give me a free magazine and said I had to still pay for it upon signing up for GCU. I knew she was feeding me BS, but the manager at the time backed her up. Should have called them out on it. This new/other manager asked the employee if the coupons also come in the ones in the mail, I assume implying that I was just trying to get a free copy for the coupons, but I only plan on using the KoA coupon and I really HAVEN'T gotten this month's issue in the mail. Unless there's something incredibly wrong with their shipping, I doubt I'll be in a position where I will/should need to do it again.

So yeah, contemplated SFxT, thought about picking up ACR (but have already played the SP and don't feel like dropping $10 just for the multiplayer with AC3 basically being an instant purchase for me anyhow), and just decided to get the Nyko 3DS Extended Life battery. Don't have a 3DS yet (will either get a holiday bundle or may use my $309 of GS credit to pick one up next time I find myself ready to trade in games I don't play any more/if they have another +100% hardware promo), but I hear the battery life is bad and for $5 this seems like a quality accessory to have since it supposedly doubles battery life. I'll do some reading about it anyway since I reckon I need to be back tomorrow and can always take it if I feel necessary. Either way, I'll have a 3DS by year's end, I imagine, so might as well get this while it's cheaper. They were sold out of Pilotwings which I was mostly getting for the Club Nintendo points as well as having a game for when I get my 3DS to mess around with. THought about Steel Diver for $5 as well since that comes with Club Nintendo points, but I hear that game is so bad it's not even worth keeping in the backlog and the TIV is abysmal anyway.

Long story short: was cool that I didn't need to pay for the @Gamer mag I never got, really sucks that I didn't know you had to wait 24 hours to do a return/rebuy for KoA, and now I need to look up info on the Nyko charger to see if it's worth holding on to.

So, for the most part, another kind of bad trip to BB, but could have been $5 worse if I didn't get the mag free. After this I'm putting this BB behind and just using the other one that's a little farther away. Too many problems here and if the other is less of a hassle (at least worth a shot to try once) it's probably worth the extra time/gas money.

[quote name='YBX87']the online pass they give you in the new copy just unlocks addition dlc missions/quests, so you should of gotten it used if you really wanted it that badly like you said[/QUOTE]

Seriously? It was priced $35 used. Versus $10 new with the coupon. I dunno about you, but I walk into a store expecting to pay $10, I'm not just gonna blindly buy something that's 1) arguably inferior to what I ordered and 2) over 3x what I thought I was paying.

[quote name='Frog Ribs']Seriously? It was priced $35 used. Versus $10 new with the coupon. I dunno about you, but I walk into a store expecting to pay $10, I'm not just gonna blindly buy something that's 1) arguably inferior to what I ordered and 2) over 3x what I thought I was paying.[/QUOTE]

well, i thought you said the manager would let you use the coupon on the used copy of koa with the additional 10% off,

[quote name='YBX87']well, i thought you said the manager would let you use the coupon on the used copy of koa with the additional 10% off,[/QUOTE]

Ah, sorry if that wasn't clear...the sequence was more like...

BB: "Sure you can cancel and buy it with the coupon."
Me: "Cool."
BB: "Let me get that."
Me: (thinking) Hmm....why does this look like a used copy?
BB: "Sorry, the coupon doesn't work, but you get 10% off."
Me: "...no thanks."

[quote name='uiengineer']this shit is getting ridiculous. i still haven't gotten my mag in the mail, and my BB didn't get a shipment of the current mag. i bought KoA a while back in anticipation of the mag (and then adjusting the price). now i have to wait until one of these mags shows up. does anyone have the digital coupons that they can hook me up with (i just need the KoA one for now). if asking is frowned upon, then disregard my request. i'm just frustrated.[/QUOTE]

It could be worse. I signed up 6 months ago and still haven't received a single issue and there is no record of me with @gamer....and yet I'm a unlocked member.

Called BB customer service first, they referred me to @gamer. Called @gamer, the woman tried looking me up by just about every way possible but could not find me. This was her answer to me "Go to the store you bought it at and tell them we couldn't find you in the system. If they have questions they can call us"

What kind of fucking answer is that? Sure enough, after telling the employees that they had about the same reaction as I did. "What the fuck do I do with that info?" Luckily one of the dudes in gaming knows me relatively well from how often I trade games in and just gives me the mag when I'm in there but it's a huge pain in the ass to plan my BB trips around one employees schedule when I should be getting the damn thing in the mail every month anyways.

You could actually use a wired 360 controller, or even a wireless X360 controller with a wireless dongle. That's what I use for MW3, KoA, and the Witcher 2. How could I forget about Rage. Loved everything but the ending.

Oh, I'm not sure how BB usually operates, but they appear to have removed the shelf tags for KoA.

Dunno if that's SOP for out-of-stock items or a sign that they won't be getting more.

Went to retrieve the one copy of KoA left anywhere near me and my car overheated on the way. Checked it out after I had my butt hauled home by AAA and I've got (at least) a cracked radiator. So that could have gone better.

[quote name='eugaet']Went to retrieve the one copy of KoA left anywhere near me and my car overheated on the way. Checked it out after I had my butt hauled home by AAA and I've got (at least) a cracked radiator. So that could have gone better.[/QUOTE]

LOL, that is kinda funny, sounds like a scene out of movie. the length ppl on cag go through for a game.

[quote name='Frog Ribs']Oh, I'm not sure how BB usually operates, but they appear to have removed the shelf tags for KoA.

Dunno if that's SOP for out-of-stock items or a sign that they won't be getting more.[/QUOTE]

chance are you are out of luck if you cannot find it near your local bb stores, it is discontinued, so you are just gonna have wait for the inveitable msrp price drop

[quote name='confoosious']I know I've had this government discussion with you before.

It's driving me crazy cause I can't remember. What username did you used to have on here?

@barritt -someone previously said they were able to without an override. Fwiw.[/QUOTE]
i dont think ive had another user name here????

[quote name='YBX87']chance are you are out of luck if you cannot find it near your local bb stores, it is discontinued, so you are just gonna have wait for the inveitable msrp price drop[/QUOTE]

It's gone from BB system so hope it's still left at WM, Target, or TRU if it hits $20/$30 MSRP since it just dropped to $40 MSRP.

[quote name='MSUHitman']It's gone from BB system so hope it's still left at WM, Target, or TRU if it hits $20/$30 MSRP since it just dropped to $40 MSRP.[/QUOTE]

and so are the chances of ever getting the game for $10 for those retailers, unless from the target clearance which is ymmv

Well no go on the Tera CE with the coupon. It's a shame too because one of the stores near me has 3 on clearance for $39.99. Would have been nice to get the CE for $9.99.

They told me the coupon had to work with the sku, which it wasn't doing.

The guy looked the regular version up for me because I told him they didn't even have any regular editions in to use the coupon with. He said it didn't look like they were receiving anymore in, but found 1 that wasn't too far from that store. Finally got 1 lol

[quote name='exileinoblivion']It could be worse. I signed up 6 months ago and still haven't received a single issue and there is no record of me with @gamer....and yet I'm a unlocked member.

Called BB customer service first, they referred me to @gamer. Called @gamer, the woman tried looking me up by just about every way possible but could not find me. This was her answer to me "Go to the store you bought it at and tell them we couldn't find you in the system. If they have questions they can call us"

What kind of fucking answer is that? Sure enough, after telling the employees that they had about the same reaction as I did. "What the fuck do I do with that info?" Luckily one of the dudes in gaming knows me relatively well from how often I trade games in and just gives me the mag when I'm in there but it's a huge pain in the ass to plan my BB trips around one employees schedule when I should be getting the damn thing in the mail every month anyways.[/QUOTE]
The problem is BB's policy on handling New @gamer subs. They collect them until they "have enough" and then send them all in together. What probably happened was yours probably got lost during that time period so you're in the unlocked program because they handle right there. However the magazine never got your sub. I'd have someone at BB re-sign you up since it's obvious you've been a subscriber since whatever date they have on record and since the @gamer people don't have you then it should start from the new date to make up for all the hassle this has put you through. Take it to a manager and if they have a problem tell them you're going to call his boss and tell them that they mis-handled something as simple as a magazine sub. That should get someone's attention.

Most manager's won't even hesitate to just give you the $15 sub if it stops corporate from looking into the way their store is running.

Also, I flipped my old copy of Kingdoms at Amazon and got docked for not having the manual. I got in an online chat with someone and explained that their wasn't a manual to begin with and the guy was glad to give me the $5 difference without even a little fuss.

So if the physical copies of KoA are discontinued, I wonder if it'll be too long before the PC download codes start running out.

I mean, if there's no one left to pay for more discs, I'd think the same thing would happen with the downloadable versions (and probably the DLC).

I know what happened to the studio is unprecedented, but wow, from (arguably) AAA release to OOP in 6+ months...

[quote name='Woocls']The problem is BB's policy on handling New @gamer subs. They collect them until they "have enough" and then send them all in together. What probably happened was yours probably got lost during that time period so you're in the unlocked program because they handle right there. However the magazine never got your sub. I'd have someone at BB re-sign you up since it's obvious you've been a subscriber since whatever date they have on record and since the @gamer people don't have you then it should start from the new date to make up for all the hassle this has put you through. Take it to a manager and if they have a problem tell them you're going to call his boss and tell them that they mis-handled something as simple as a magazine sub. That should get someone's attention.

Most manager's won't even hesitate to just give you the $15 sub if it stops corporate from looking into the way their store is running.

Also, I flipped my old copy of Kingdoms at Amazon and got docked for not having the manual. I got in an online chat with someone and explained that their wasn't a manual to begin with and the guy was glad to give me the $5 difference without even a little fuss.[/QUOTE]

Wow, thanks for all the info. I had no idea that's how the @gamer operated. I just assumed that it was an automatic thing when signing up for unlocked. I mean seriously, in this day and age how hard would it be to send over subscription information instantly. I might have to try another store, this ones managers are awful. Just tonight I had to wait 10 minutes for a manager override on my $40 MW3 coupon that should have applied automatically. And then when he finally came over he accused me of bringing in a less than legitimate coupon and I had to argue with him to apply the override.

So I'm a bit confused. Is there only going to be one set of coupons for two months? That would suck since I just paid when I picked up KoA.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']So I'm a bit confused. Is there only going to be one set of coupons for two months? That would suck since I just paid when I picked up KoA.[/QUOTE]

Yep. This is the July/Aug issue so coupons go till 9/1 I believe.

Amazingly, KoA still shows in stock at a BB over an hour from me and has been since the sale started. May try and get up there Sunday to see if I can get a copy.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Yep. This is the July/Aug issue so coupons go till 9/1 I believe.

Amazingly, KoA still shows in stock at a BB over an hour from me and has been since the sale started. May try and get up there Sunday to see if I can get a copy.[/QUOTE]

Is this typical? As in there are only 6 sets of coupons? I was expecting 12 different months of coupons, sort of sucks as the games go OOS pretty early in the coupon cycle so there's a long time in between where no deals can be had.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Is this typical? As in there are only 6 sets of coupons? I was expecting 12 different months of coupons, sort of sucks as the games go OOS pretty early in the coupon cycle so there's a long time in between where no deals can be had.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's 10 different months of coupons. This issue happens to be one of two where 2 months are into 1 magazine.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Is this typical? As in there are only 6 sets of coupons? I was expecting 12 different months of coupons, sort of sucks as the games go OOS pretty early in the coupon cycle so there's a long time in between where no deals can be had.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Gotta be quick.

From the OP:
• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

bread's done
Back