BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Other folks have mentioned ways you could get your hands on a copy of the game to use with the coupon(OMS order, checking more than one BB if you have multiple stores in driving distance), so there ARE ways to get a copy of the game if you really go out and try to get one.

As others have said though, it seems like the PC version of the game is fairly easy to find, so you may wanna check your computer's specs and see if maybe you could get that version. At least it's something and would allow you to use the coupon.

FYI: An OMS order is when they check stock for the KOA game via the SKU for the version you want and then order it from another store for you. Some reps may apply the coupon to it at the time of the order or they may wait until it comes into your local store to do so.

But the longer you wait and sit here and gripe about how you couldn't easily get a copy of the game the more the remaining copies are ending up sold out across the chain. So I'd get to your closest store NOW and see if they can order you a copy from another store.

Here's the SKU's to have them search their system for:

:ps3:-3784038
:360:-4263049
:pc:-4263058[/QUOTE]

LOL, iatcg just providing the sku # is not enough, you gotta provide them with the direct link.

[quote name='kayne2000']the manager is wrong. yet somehow all best buys everywhere seem to think that despite the GCU website and FAQ and pamphlet they mail to you all say otherwise. how every best buy employee is this dumb i have no idea. i honestly think we need some scientific research on the matter. then again your average retail employee is fairly stupid in general so who knows what causes this exactly.[/QUOTE]

Also, the average retail consumer is dumb too. If you've ever worked retail, you see all kinds of "winners".

[quote name='Tsel']Stilllll haven't gotten my magazine. =/[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']^ I haven't either.[/QUOTE]

I never received mine either. After a few weeks I just reported it missing in hopes they would send me another. They just credit your account with an extra month.

[quote name='Tsel']Stilllll haven't gotten my magazine. =/[/QUOTE]
Me neither....AND, my local store still hasn't even gotten the mag in stock. WTF?

[quote name='TheGame2K5']Im so glad they decided to put a game that they apparently wont be getting any more of on a freakin 2 month long coupon. Thanks BB, I love this useless KOA coupon that I get to stare at for another month untill the next coupons come out.[/QUOTE]

You're own fault. Most stores had it when the magazines came out, and if your store(s) didn't have the copy you wanted, you could of ordered it online for a short period of time. I don't feel sorry for anyone who is crying about not getting in on the deal, because they had plenty of time and opportunities to get in on it one way or another.

I honestly blame them throttling that E3 issue for the lag in people receiving this current issue. It's not like anything in that issue was groundbreaking info or would've spoiled anything that wasn't already at least rumored to be revealed at E3.

Of course, a good chunk of the folks not receiving their issues may well be folks who just signed up this month or last and they should really go in store with their receipts from when they signed up to see if the store would let them use the coupons outta one of the store copies till theirs arrives. That's what many of us had to do till our first issue arrived.

Not to mention that if you signed up this month, you should've received this months' issue in store at the time you signed up.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I honestly blame them throttling that E3 issue for the lag in people receiving this current issue. It's not like anything in that issue was groundbreaking info or would've spoiled anything that wasn't already at least rumored to be revealed at E3.

Of course, a good chunk of the folks not receiving their issues may well be folks who just signed up this month or last and they should really go in store with their receipts from when they signed up to see if the store would let them use the coupons outta one of the store copies till theirs arrives. That's what many of us had to do till our first issue arrived.

Not to mention that if you signed up this month, you should've received this months' issue in store at the time you signed up.[/QUOTE]

While I can see where they're coming from in some ways, I don't see why I got the digital magazine after the coupons were valid / after many people got them in person. My friend at BB was even confused by this logic.

I'm not trying to be too hard on anyone here, but how can you be blaming BB for not having these in stock this late in the deal? I'd think you would have at least a general idea of the kind of traffic the BBs in your area would get. Doesn't it make sense that BB would put a good deal on a game they are looking to get rid of? The coupons are a great way for them to reduce their inventory, but I seriously doubt selling it at $10 is actually profitable for them so I see point for them to constantly restock just so they can continue to sell them at at a drastically reduced rate. The coupon served it's purpose for them when everyone went out and bought a copy in the first few days.

Let me phrase this in a more gamerly way...
If you are playing COD multiplayer, and you have a sniper rifle equipped, don't stand still out in the open until you get shot then complain that the game didn't give you enough cover.

[quote name='odd mr t']I'm not trying to be too hard on anyone here, but how can you be blaming BB for not having these in stock this late in the deal?...[/QUOTE]

At least in the case of Tera, I think it's more a case of them not having it in stock, period. It seemed they sold out during the DOTD that was prior to the coupon becoming valid - and it seemed to sell out very, very early during that DOTD. I don't think there's huge demand for Tera, so I suspect the sellout was due more to very limited stock than overwhelming orders.

In any case, I saw no evidence that they restocked prior to or after the @Gamer coupons, either online or in stores. Ever since the DOTD, my order has been backordered, and every time I've checked the game has been unavailable for shipping and unavailable at all stores in my area. I've checked in person, too, and it hasn't been on the shelves.

So while I'm not worked up about it, I do hold BB responsible: if you're going to have two successive promos on a product, either ensure you have significant supply in place to fulfill a reasonable quantity for both promos - or cancel one or both of the promos. I'm sure the lead time for @Gamer printing is significant, but they could have easily dropped the DOTD promo or limited the quantity for that promo.

4-6 weeks, same as every other magazine in existence. And you won't get a magazine mid month, so if you signed up in June you're not getting one until September (missed July issue due to waiting period, and no August issue).

Wow! I don't see how some of you are, still, waiting! I signed up the beginning of June, got my welcome package just before mid-July, and got my magazine a few days later.

Just signed up last weekend, and got the free July/August magazine then. After reading all these posts about having to wait 4-6 weeks to get my magazine, I hope I won't be missing out on the September magazine and some great deals.

Tuesday will be 6 weeks with no sign of the welcome pack. I've already contacted them and know I'm slated for the September issue which is fine with me. I ended up getting a free magazine this month anyway at my store.

Hoping my welcome pack arrives for the next blowout this for the weekend.

[quote name='PrinnyJ']Also, the average retail consumer is dumb too. If you've ever worked retail, you see all kinds of "winners".[/QUOTE]

yea i have. i worked customer service at a poor persons grocery store so these winners were even more full of win. people in general are stupid.

Anybody tried using the Tera coupon on the CE? My stores don't have either so I want to see if they would order the CE and then I could just use the coupon on that.

Someone earlier said that the tera coupon doesn't work on the CE version unless you manage to have someone do an override, couldn't find the actual post though. I remember looking it up before I went to pick up my copy a week or so ago.

I really don't know what everybody's talking about when they say that it's taking them forever to receive their first issue of the magazine; I got mine within about 2 weeks alongside the welcome pack.

My local best buy did an oms order for Koa as they were out of stock. Took about a week to get in. Definitely worth the wait as this game is one of the best I have played this year.(Been playing it for the past two weeks). I am also sure alot of resellers hit best buy pretty hard to flip this game.

Good news everybody! Looks like best buy's financial troubles are over! BB Founder appears to want to buy it back. What this means for BB deals is still a mystery... hopefully the gravy train of $5-$10 good games doesn't end with him.

After reading these posts I think I'll just buy the magazine if the deal is good enough to warrant it (as was the case the KOA), I'd be pissed if I subscribed and missed deals due to the mag not turning up in time.

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']Anybody tried using the Tera coupon on the CE? My stores don't have either so I want to see if they would order the CE and then I could just use the coupon on that.[/QUOTE]

That would be great as the CE of TERA is on clearance for 39.99 around here, but I don't think they stack. It'd have to be a manager override. You can always ask but I don't know too many managers that will special order something and then do an override on a coupon.

[quote name='nccows']I really don't know what everybody's talking about when they say that it's taking them forever to receive their first issue of the magazine; I got mine within about 2 weeks alongside the welcome pack.[/QUOTE]

I haven't even gotten my welcome pack yet. Joined like July 6th.

[quote name='Bankotsu']I haven't even gotten my welcome pack yet. Joined like July 6th.[/QUOTE]
Welcome packs go out "quarterly". Or something that resembles quarterly...

[quote name='kouleefoh']he probably was tired of not being able to find a copy of koa, so he wanna buy the whole company back just to look for one.[/quote]

+1

[quote name='benjamouth']After reading these posts I think I'll just buy the magazine if the deal is good enough to warrant it (as was the case the KOA), I'd be pissed if I subscribed and missed deals due to the mag not turning up in time.[/QUOTE]

For every person here complaining about not receiving the magazine, there are thousands of others who get theirs on-time without a problem.

[quote name='kouleefoh']He probably was tired of not being able to find a copy of KoA, so he wanna buy the whole company back just to look for one.[/QUOTE]

With that much money, he could probably buy 38 Studios and finance the sequel.

I signed up in March. Tried being patient waiting on them to mail me something. So patient that I apparently forgot all about it. Suppose it's time to call customer support just like everyone else.

Tera is now $19.99 on BB.com. Was $39.99 in-store yesterday. If they've adjusted the in-store price, $19.99 - $30 would be... lunch? :)

BB can't possibly be making money on the games with the $20 or $30 off coupons, can they? I'm not sure what the mark-up is on retail games, but a $40 with $30 off can't possibly net any return.

Also, I tried looking near my zip code for KoA for you guys, but didn't find any. Sorry!

[quote name='gantt']Tera is now $19.99 on BB.com. Was $39.99 in-store yesterday. If they've adjusted the in-store price, $19.99 - $30 would be... lunch? :)[/QUOTE]

Wow, thanks for the heads up! The Tera CE is also $19.99 on their site! I just ordered one for in-store pickup. I guess I need to return my vanilla copy now, glad I didn't open it :)

[quote name='Jrittmayer']Yeah, the only store near me had a bunch of KoA copies last month and now...nothing. Really disapointed as I was hoping to play that game.[/QUOTE]
Pick up Dragon's Dogma instead if you have the scratch. Far better game IMO.

To all the folks who feel they haven't received their first magazine in a fair amount of time, part of the problem lies with how long it takes for the store you signed up at to send your information to the subscription house. It's not automatic. At least this is the way it was when I signed up last September. @gamer CS can tell you when they received your info from BB.

[quote name='Jodou']Pick up Dragon's Dogma instead if you have the scratch. Far better game IMO.[/QUOTE]
Are the two games comparable?

[quote name='barrit']Wow, thanks for the heads up! The Tera CE is also $19.99 on their site! I just ordered one for in-store pickup. I guess I need to return my vanilla copy now, glad I didn't open it :)[/QUOTE]

Put in an in-store pickup order for the CE as well. Haven't used the coupon, I figure it's worth it for the lol's to see what they'll say. I know they won't be giving me $10 on top of a free game, but I don't know how they could deny the coupon when it's still valid.

I won't be picking it up until the 12th more than likely. Might as well see if the next Blowout sale has some games I want, that way I would be purchasing a few games along with Tera.

Saint'sRow911;9860662 said:
Put in an in-store pickup order for the CE as well. Haven't used the coupon, I figure it's worth it for the lol's to see what they'll say. I know they won't be giving me $10 on top of a free game, but I don't know how they could deny the coupon when it's still valid.

I won't be picking it up until the 12th more than likely. Might as well see if the next Blowout sale has some games I want, that way I would be purchasing a few games along with Tera.

Haha, I already tried when the CE was $39.99 and the coupon didn't work with that edition. I picked up the regular version for $9.99, but I'm just going to return it. I don't mind paying $10 more for the CE.

[quote name='barrit']Haha, I already tried when the CE was $39.99 and the coupon didn't work with that edition. I picked up the regular version for $9.99, but I'm just going to return it. I don't mind paying $10 more for the CE.[/QUOTE]

Damn lol. Oh well. There is a store about 30 miles away that has the regular version in stock. I don't really think that's worth it though, since I doubt I'd even play the game.

Thanks for whoever pointed out that TERA had a price drop. Placed an order for in-store pickup on the CE version. I won't even try to use the 30 off coupon because I distinctly remember a few members stating the coupon didn't work with the CE version. I only ordered it for the compass, I have no interest for the game. Is this the same sort of problems that some of you face?:D

[quote name='barrit']Wow, thanks for the heads up! The Tera CE is also $19.99 on their site! I just ordered one for in-store pickup. I guess I need to return my vanilla copy now, glad I didn't open it :)[/QUOTE]

LOl, i placed a copy of the ce too.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Are the two games comparable?[/QUOTE]
Outside of 3rd person action RPG? Not really. Perhaps this would help: do you prefer an offline WoW (KoA) or a drastically less difficult, open world Demon's Souls with companions (DD)? That's pretty much the best way to sum up both.

Local Best Buy has 2-3 copies of KoA for PS3 still but not for 360. I want to play it on 360. I'd be willing to do a swap if anyone is in the opposite dilemma (wants to play it on PS3 but can only find it for 360).

Huh, this is turning out to be a PC CE-sale day--first the SW:TOR CE for $29.99 from Kmart.com and now the Tera CE for $19.99? I'm not interested in playing either one right now (might play the former eventually, probably won't ever play the latter), but the extras are pretty sweet. :D

bread's done
Back