BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
My BB has all the winner employees. I brought up my coupon for Amalur, and the employee looked at it and said 'oh that's for Xbox only' (I had ps3 version in hand, and the coupon has a picture of the Xbox version of the game). Once I pointed out it said PS3 on the coupon, he gave in. He also asked if I was Unlocked (this is now the second time I've been asked), so I think my BB is going to try and force that on anybody that tries to use the @Gamer coupons there... Still, they've put forth enough deals that I finally think it's worth it to keep subscribing.

My store has a few copies left for PS3 and the website claims they have 360 ones in stock too if anyone is interested, but I have no coupons to buy them with.

Just a reminder to people not finding it via the online stock checker.

It'll show unavailable for in-store pickup when there's 0-2 copies available. 3+ copies, it's showing as in-stock for in-store pickup. Get the SKU # of it from the website and call BB to check in RSS if it's available or not. They'll tell you what's there more accurately because RSS works in real time. Only exception would be if someone had it in their hands in the store and hasn't checked out with it.

360 SKU # is 4263049, PS3 SKU # is 3784038 and PC SKU # is 4263058.

[quote name='immortalfireboy']Skylanders is $60 at Target, anyone try price match + coupon?[/QUOTE]

Technically that shouldn't work, but as always it's YMMV.

Since no BB around me has KoA, broke down and ordered it shipped to a store. Should be in on Monday, and then I'll go back to activate the coupon (unless I get someone awesome who can just do it in store). Never thought it would be THIS tough to get the game. I got AC:R a few months ago with no difficulty at all

[quote name='MiTYH']Since no BB around me has KoA, broke down and ordered it shipped to a store. Should be in on Monday, and then I'll go back to activate the coupon (unless I get someone awesome who can just do it in store). Never thought it would be THIS tough to get the game. I got AC:R a few months ago with no difficulty at all[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think these @GAMER coupons are really picking up steam, especially due to high traffic posts here on CAG and SlickDeals.

But its a double edged sword. On one hand, the success of the program means Best Buy will likely continue to roll out these great coupons each issue. On the other hand, the popularity of the coupons now means grabbing copies of these games is going to get tougher and tougher.

So far, I've been pretty lucky, as it seems not many in my area have caught on. The games I've picked up so far (Arkham City, Mass Effect 2, Rage, KoA) have all had plenty of copies available.

If they deny you because you haven't gotten a magazine yet, make sure to ask for the number to their DM or something. You paid to be unlocked, they can see it in their system I assume, don't let them dick you around. If you pay for something, you should get it, end of.

I hiked through 3 stores so far from Noho to Chelsea.

No dice with Amalur. Has anyone seen stock of these in NYC? I will head to the Bryant Park store next. I still have hope.

Just started looking today due to funeral arrangements the past few days.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']I hiked through 3 stores so far from Noho to Chelsea.

No dice with Amalur. Has anyone seen stock of these in NYC? I will head to the Bryant Park store next. I still have hope.

Just started looking today due to funeral arrangements the past few days.[/QUOTE]

you late to the party, most stores have already clean out their stock of koa. it is the case in many bestbuy storearound the country, your best bet is to order it for ship to store, then do the return and rebuy

[quote name='YBX87']you late to the party, most stores have already clean out their stock of koa. it is the case in many bestbuy storearound the country, your best bet is to order it for ship to store, then do the return and rebuy[/QUOTE]

My store had like 10 copies at least.

I have never had a problem with the Gamer games during any of these BB sales...

[quote name='BrolyB593']My store had like 10 copies at least.

I have never had a problem with the Gamer games during any of these BB sales...[/QUOTE]

you use the word "had", maybe u should check now to see if there are still 10 copies.

[quote name='YBX87']you use the word "had", maybe u should check now to see if there are still 10 copies.[/QUOTE]

Each time there are new Gamer coupons and deals the games last at least a week if not more. I have 4 Best Buys each 10/15 minutes from me and each is usually heavily stocked with games.

Just started looking today due to funeral arrangements the past few days.[/QUOTE]

I think that's their flagship store. It definitely has the most customers at least. If the other stores don't have it, this one won't.

[quote name='BrolyB593']My store had like 10 copies at least.

I have never had a problem with the Gamer games during any of these BB sales...[/QUOTE]

He's in NYC. You're in Illinois.

Don't bother with the Bryant Park store. Checked there yesterday and they had nothing for either system. If you locate any copies, please shoot me a PM. I'll do the same. I might check Long Island City in Queens today after work as that's where I reside. This sucks!

[quote name='whitereflection']
He's in NYC. You're in Illinois.[/QUOTE]

I am right outside of Chicago though so I do not see the reasoning behind that..?

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']Don't bother with the Bryant Park store. Checked there yesterday and they had nothing for either system. If you locate any copies, please shoot me a PM. I'll do the same. I might check Long Island City in Queens today after work as that's where I reside. This sucks![/QUOTE]
Thanks dude. Please let me know if you find any at LIC (ps3) . I will be sure to alert you if I come across any.

And thanks to everyone else for the feedback.

As already stated, Bryant Park is out. Just checked.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Ugh. I was hoping SFvT would drop in August so my wallet had a recovery time from the Summer Sale...[/QUOTE]

It'll probably drop another $5-10 before the coupon expires.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']It'll probably drop another $5-10 before the coupon expires.[/QUOTE]

I am willing to risk that! I will wait it out. If it drops more great, if not I am sure it will be sub $20 soon anyway.

Went into my local BB store, canceled my in-store pickup order and bought my 360 copy of KoA: R with the coupon, $5 RZ cert and the rest on a gift card.

Loving KoA for $10! For $60 I probably would have been disappointed...for 30-40 I would have enjoyed it but for $10?!? For $10 I'm loving it haha.

Only thing is that damn camera irritates the crap out of me. It's just too close to your character most of it the time and the way it follows you is kind of jarring. That, combined with the bright colors hurts my eyes a little bit.

Anyone know how Origin works with this? I'm somewhat new to PC gaming outside of Steam. If my husband activates Amalur on his computer, can I play it on mine at the same time? With Steam, we can do this, with one of us in offline mode. Not playing together, but two of us playing the same game at the same time.

Can Origin do this? Or is it like one activation per computer?

I ordered one for ship to store. It says it will be available 7-10 days.

How do you guys return rebuy? I never done this before. Do I simply just go pick it up, then return and buy it with coupon applied? All right at the pick up counter? Shouldn't be an issue right?

[quote name='shrike4242']Went into my local BB store, canceled my in-store pickup order and bought my 360 copy of KoA: R with the coupon, $5 RZ cert and the rest on a gift card.[/QUOTE]

Can you explain how you went about this? Were the people there put off by it, challenging in any way, etc etc? I ask because this is something i'll probably be doing once it comes in

[quote name='shrike4242']Went into my local BB store, canceled my in-store pickup order and bought my 360 copy of KoA: R with the coupon, $5 RZ cert and the rest on a gift card.[/QUOTE]
I would also like to know how to execute this transaction.

When you cancel in store, do they immediately just put it back on the shelf and you grab it?

[quote name='MiTYH']Can you explain how you went about this? Were the people there put off by it, challenging in any way, etc etc? I ask because this is something i'll probably be doing once it comes in[/QUOTE]Not at all, though the rep that helped me knows me for all the times I come into the store on a regular basis, so he was more than happy to help.

All they have to do is scan your order pickup paperwork, cancel the order and then ring it back out again in-store.

Bought a second copy of KoA for a buddy, they didn't take my coupon again, and my local BB still has 5 of these. Also bought Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions with my $5 off $9.99-19.99. Came out to be $13, and since they didn't take it again and just handed it back to me, I can find another game to buy :D

Any recommendations for the 5$ off used coupon? I was thiiiis close to grabbing a splinter cell conviction at $14.99. It would have been $10 after coupon and I think it was brand new just re packaged as new. Still had shrink wrap on it inside their box.

Good deal or no?

Snagged KoA:R and NFS: The Run, will cancel KoA:R/rebuy with coupon, maybe I'll even sign up for Unlocked, especially if they are going to offer these kinds of deals.

[quote name='Althax']Any recommendations for the 5$ off used coupon? I was thiiiis close to grabbing a splinter cell conviction at $14.99. It would have been $10 after coupon and I think it was brand new just re packaged as new. Still had shrink wrap on it inside their box.

Good deal or no?[/QUOTE]

Ensalved for ps3 is 5$ after the coupon. Get it now !

[quote name='RiPPn']Snagged KoA:R and NFS: The Run, will cancel KoA:R/rebuy with coupon, maybe I'll even sign up for Unlocked, especially if they are going to offer these kinds of deals.[/QUOTE]
It amazes me that people are still buying the magazine each month... All you need is 3/10 issues a year to have good deals to break even. Plus you get the extra bonuses. It's really silly not to just subscribe.

[quote name='Woocls']It amazes me that people are still buying the magazine each month... All you need is 3/10 issues a year to have good deals to break even. Plus you get the extra bonuses. It's really silly not to just subscribe.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. So far I've gotta ME2 for $5, AC:R for $10, and now KoA (soon) for $10. Well worth the subscription, and the articles arent too bad

[quote name='Althax']Any recommendations for the 5$ off used coupon? I was thiiiis close to grabbing a splinter cell conviction at $14.99. It would have been $10 after coupon and I think it was brand new just re packaged as new. Still had shrink wrap on it inside their box.

Good deal or no?[/QUOTE]

Conviction is awesome and my favorite game this gen from a gameplay standpoint. It has awesome coop (story, challenge, survival), local or online, and even an competitive mode (unfortunately not Spies Vs Mercs). Single player is even nice and just cool to Sam Fischer it up in a very interactive environment. I thought we would be stuck with cookie cutter CoD and Gears clones for the rest of our lives and then this came along, it was reassuring. I definitely think it is worth $10 new if you're into something like that.

[quote name='Woocls']It amazes me that people are still buying the magazine each month... All you need is 3/10 issues a year to have good deals to break even. Plus you get the extra bonuses. It's really silly not to just subscribe.[/QUOTE]

So true. I signed up on May 31st and the subscription has already paid for itself. Picked up AC: Revelations, SSX, Soul Calibur V, KoA:R, and a few others. So excited that there's still 8 more different magazines to go for me, I'm definitely renewing of they keep this up every year!

Good deal or no?[/QUOTE]

Deus Ex Human Revolution is $17.99 used. I feel that game was worth $60 when I got it at release and for $12-14 after coupon an 10% off is a steal if you havent played it already.

how long do you think bb will continue with gaming dotd deals, i remember last year they stopped doing gaming dotd for a brief time, and started again now

Not sure if this is old but I just signed up for the digital version of @Gamer and I just got an email with digital coupons, they said it was still mailed separately...new thing?

Welp, just received my digital copy of the magazine and coupons...today. THANKFULLY, I went to the store on Sunday and just had them scan a coupon off the rack because every store in my area is currently wiped out (on both consoles). This is ridiculous. I thought I'd be getting speedier delivery (while saving some trees), but it appears not. They seriously need to fix this.

BTW, I don't want to discourage anyone from signing up. Overall -- it's a great program. Just a little confused as to why they can't consistently get the digital copies out on time.

[quote name='Yevster']So true. I signed up on May 31st and the subscription has already paid for itself. Picked up AC: Revelations, SSX, Soul Calibur V, KoA:R, and a few others. So excited that there's still 8 more different magazines to go for me, I'm definitely renewing of they keep this up every year![/QUOTE]

I think this is why. XD

It's easier to ignore these sales if you don't have a coupon on hand. So if you're trying to save money.. the @Gamer magazine is very bad for you. You pay $15 a year on it, but thanks to the coupons you spend so much more on the games. Impulse buys.

lol I was just looking through this months mag. If anyone was wondering about the integrity of reviews in a magazine from best buy, look at the steel battalion review. lol

and im having a lot of trouble deciding if i want to go for street fighter x tekken for $20. should probably wait. I think I'm gonna hold on to $10 price for it and $5 for tiger woods. Have there even been any games with @gamer coupons that haven't gone to $10 or under after coupon?

It's easier to ignore these sales if you don't have a coupon on hand. So if you're trying to save money.. the @Gamer magazine is very bad for you. You pay $15 a year on it, but thanks to the coupons you spend so much more on the games. Impulse buys.

Kinda true. They are impulse buys in the sense that I wouldn't have bought them without the coupon. However, for $10 that's not impulse. That's just good common sense :)

I'm in the same boat as many. I didn't pay for a subscription with Assassins Creed cause I didn't think they would be doing this stuff EVERY month. But when SSX and others were revealed to do it, it was a no-brainer. So far, you'd be foolish not to have @gamer IF you like cheap games. I have some friends who just gamefly everything and refuse to purchase games, so for them it's a bad deal...(though I think they're crazy!)

[quote name='tham1988']and im having a lot of trouble deciding if i want to go for street fighter x tekken for $20. should probably wait. I think I'm gonna hold on to $10 price [/QUOTE]

If you're a silver member, you have 60 days (from purchase) to get them to adjust the price down if it drops another $10..

I picked up koa got the coupon off my friend the other day and also grabbed the last copy of el shidda for the xbox 360 for 9.99. I spent 19.98 on gaming software and I still consider that a lot. I'm a very frugal gamer I play so much classic gaming/abandonware on the pc and really just do fighters such as mvc3 and ssf4ae on xbox live. I'm still waiting to get dead island really cheap ala' at the 9.99 price point.

bread's done
Back