BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dc delta90']There is a link in the mail under where it says "Game-Changing Benefits". Button that says "View Coupons." Click that and then print out the page of coupons.

Bring those in to a store and you are good to go.[/QUOTE]

don't know how I missed that but thanks for answering my question!

[quote name='MSUHitman']Again it's from a developer that's out of business so it's not likely available for restock. This isn't like people reporting low stock on SF x TK b/c Capcom will reprint that game if retailers run out of copies. EA will not on this game.[/QUOTE]

Incorrect. The game is published by EA and they have rights to reprint it for at least the conceivable future. I suspect, however, that EA probably has more than enough copies in its warehouse to fill any re-order requests. Of course, Best Buy probably has little interest in ordering more if they are clearing them out at a loss already.

Well, I still haven't received my issue this month. I decided to report it as missing hoping they would send me another, and they extended my subscription by a month because they have "No Inventory Available". I guess I will try to get my Gaming Supervisor to just scan KoA out of a store issue.

how does best buy make any money? after the cost of employees, bills to keep the place running, the lease AND the price they pay for the merch in the first place.... with these insane sales and price matches they should be bankrupt.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Again it's from a developer that's out of business so it's not likely available for restock. This isn't like people reporting low stock on SF x TK b/c Capcom will reprint that game if retailers run out of copies. EA will not on this game.[/QUOTE]

But EA is the distributor why wouldnt they be able to reprint? Aren't they responsible for that?

I signed up late June, so I'm thinking I won't receive my magazine this month. Can i go and demand that I receive one? I really, really want to buy Amuler and play it before school starts. Help, any help in how i should word my demand for the coupon. LOl
Me: -_- "GIVE ME COUPON NOAH!" RAWR!

If you're having trouble finding KoA, see if your local store can get one from another store in the extended area for you. I went in to the Davenport, IA Best Buy and they found a store a couple of hours away with eight copies, so they had me pay for it and just called the store to have them send one their way. It'll arrive late this week or early next week and all I have to do is go pick it up.

Much better than wasting a bunch of gas and time driving to a store over an hour away to get a copy. If your local stores don't have it but stores in the extended area do, give it a try at your own location. It may be YMMV, I'm not sure if it's common for stores to do this or not, but it's worth a shot.

[quote name='Guillermo_IGN']I signed up late June, so I'm thinking I won't receive my magazine this month. Can i go and demand that I receive one? I really, really want to buy Amuler and play it before school starts. Help, any help in how i should word my demand for the coupon. LOl
Me: -_- "GIVE ME COUPON NOAH!" RAWR![/QUOTE]

I know you're joking, but obviously that's a stupid idea. Personally, I am going to politely ask my Gaming Supervisor if he will scan the coupon from one of their issues because mine was lost in the mail. He knows me and knows I have a subscription, so he will probably not have a problem with it. However, everything is YMMV.

[quote name='bojay1997']Incorrect. The game is published by EA and they have rights to reprint it for at least the conceivable future. I suspect, however, that EA probably has more than enough copies in its warehouse to fill any re-order requests. Of course, Best Buy probably has little interest in ordering more if they are clearing them out at a loss already.[/QUOTE]

EA is the publisher but do they have copies left I wonder? With the original dev and the IP in other hands I have to believe all the copies out there are the only supply.

Yes I do doubt for all of those reasons BB would take on anymore stock even if available.

[quote name='Donut2922']But EA is the distributor why wouldnt they be able to reprint? Aren't they responsible for that?[/QUOTE]

We don't know for sure and the gaming media has moved on. The original dev (Big Huge Games) is now owned by Epic, and the Amalur brand/IP is owned by the state of Rhode Island.

Even if EA wanted to, would have the legal right to print more copies?

[quote name='MSUHitman']We don't know for sure and the gaming media has moved on. The original dev (Big Huge Games) is now owned by Epic, and the Amalur brand/IP is owned by the state of Rhode Island.

Even if EA wanted to, would have the legal right to print more copies?[/QUOTE]

lol, atleast the game is still available for shipping, so that means bestbuy still have copies in the warehouse

[quote name='YBX87']lol, atleast the game is still available for shipping, so that means bestbuy still have copies in the warehouse[/QUOTE]

Oh others have said their BB told them it was "discontinued" so I thought BB was out of copies in their warehouse.

best buy website says amalur is not available for shipping so perhaps the end is near. in any case, the only way i see this game being reprinted is if EA partners with another studio to make a sequel, which EA has already said they would be happy to do, but chances of another dev getting the ip rights are pretty slim.

[quote name='technicalstylez']best buy website says amalur is not available for shipping so perhaps the end is near. in any case, the only way i see this game being reprinted is if EA partners with another studio to make a sequel, which EA has already said they would be happy to do, but chances of another dev getting the ip rights are pretty slim.[/QUOTE]

really? i mean ppl can still buy a copy of koa, but it probably won't be from bestbuy or anywhere else for $10. eventually, it will be $30 or lower down the line. ps. i saw the unavailable for shipping link

[quote name='MSUHitman']Oh others have said their BB told them it was "discontinued" so I thought BB was out of copies in their warehouse.[/QUOTE]

i mean from the bestbuy website, but guess that option is out of the window now. since the website is saying unavailable for shipping. your best bet now is to go out on a search hunt in your local stores, if you really want a copy, but with gas and all that cost. i thought you will save that much

Picked up KoA PS3 in Puyallup, WA BB, at least 5+ still in stock. Didn't check Xbox. Finally signed up for Unlocked, since this is the 3rd magazine I would have bought in a row.

Belgarath the Ancient One

Very strange . . . I checked KoA on the BB website (PS3 version), and the first time I brought it up with a zip code search, all the local stores showed "unavailable". Then I hit the back button, and somehow all the "unavailables" changed to "add to cart" for almost every local store (Northern VA stores). It looks to me like the stores are getting a refresh of this game, although I don't think the copies have even hit the shelves yet; one store that showed "add to cart", I was just at a short time ago and there were no copies for either platform on the shelves.

Anyway its possible there will be more copies refreshed in the stores, just keep checking.

[quote name='akathatoneguy']If you're having trouble finding KoA, see if your local store can get one from another store in the extended area for you. I went in to the Davenport, IA Best Buy and they found a store a couple of hours away with eight copies, so they had me pay for it and just called the store to have them send one their way. It'll arrive late this week or early next week and all I have to do is go pick it up.

Much better than wasting a bunch of gas and time driving to a store over an hour away to get a copy. If your local stores don't have it but stores in the extended area do, give it a try at your own location. It may be YMMV, I'm not sure if it's common for stores to do this or not, but it's worth a shot.[/QUOTE]

This has definitely worked for me in the past. I believe it's called an OMS order. Some employees will say they can't do it, but if you bring up "OMS" they will probably know what you are talking about.

thats a known bb site glitch. don't expect more to come.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Very strange . . . I checked KoA on the BB website (PS3 version), and the first time I brought it up with a zip code search, all the local stores showed "unavailable". Then I hit the back button, and somehow all the "unavailables" changed to "add to cart" for almost every local store (Northern VA stores). It looks to me like the stores are getting a refresh of this game, although I don't think the copies have even hit the shelves yet; one store that showed "add to cart", I was just at a short time ago and there were no copies for either platform on the shelves.

Anyway its possible there will be more copies refreshed in the stores, just keep checking.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']thats a known bb site glitch. don't expect more to come.[/QUOTE]

Well I did two more fresh searches, including using a different browser, and now the PS3 version is showing "add to cart" for almost every local store. I think they literally just updated the site while I was checking, because now it is showing available in almost all stores.

Check it if you want; do a search for KoA, click the PS3 version, and use Zip Code 22041, and you'll see they almost all show in stock.

[quote name='Jayrcee']This has definitely worked for me in the past. I believe it's called an OMS order. Some employees will say they can't do it, but if you bring up "OMS" they will probably know what you are talking about.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's what he called it- an OMS order. I couldn't remember until you brought it up.

I'm telling you guys, this is the best way to do it if there is a store in your extended area that has it, but your local store doesn't. Both my closest and second-closest stores were willing to do it (I called both ahead of time to be sure); I know it may be YMMV depending on how helpful the employees in your local store are, but it's worth a try.

If you're RZ silver use the BB personal shopper to help you track down a copy.
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/silver/benefits

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']how does best buy make any money? after the cost of employees, bills to keep the place running, the lease AND the price they pay for the merch in the first place.... with these insane sales and price matches they should be bankrupt.[/QUOTE]They get full value for the games, the ad revenue & subscription/single issue cost need to be factored in too. Think about it you have people foolish enough to purchase 6+ mag in a yr & then subscribe. When you break it down spending $40-$50/yr is like a membership fee for Costco/Sam's club. And when they can move large units in a short time frame they can order a larger # of games & get them far cheaper than usual.

[quote name='CHADSTONe']I signed up for the mag on 06/18 when could I possibly see my subscription?[/QUOTE]this is a double issue so you should get the next one in Sept.

[quote name='CHADSTONe']I signed up for the mag on 06/18 when could I possibly see my subscription?[/QUOTE]

You almost certainly won't get this months issue, I signed up on 6/2 and won't get an issue until September. That being said, as myself and others have mentioned, just go to the store and they'll probably let you use a copy of the coupon(s) from the store copies.

Damn...double ninja'd.....

Can the coupons in the @Gamer welcome package be used for Pre-orders? Specifically the buy two and get the third free coupon. Do they have to be in the same transaction or could I for example buy 1 game and the other 2 as pre orders?

[quote name='Hraesvelg']Can the coupons in the @Gamer welcome package be used for Pre-orders? Specifically the buy two and get the third free coupon. Do they have to be in the same transaction or could I for example buy 1 game and the other 2 as pre orders?[/QUOTE]

you do realize there is a $39.99 price limit on the welcome gamers coupon, right? the total cost would be $59.99 for the games

[quote name='YBX87']you do realize there is a $39.99 price limit on the welcome gamers coupon, right? the total cost would be $59.99 for the games[/QUOTE]

Sorry i should have been more specific, i was planning on buying Kingdoms Heart 3D and pre-order New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Ragnarok Odyssey which are all 39.99 each.

[quote name='uiengineer']my store still doesn't even have the mags in stock. my sub hasn't come in the mail yet either.[/QUOTE]

Same here, however, I ended up buying the game today since I'm tired of hunting for the magazine.

[quote name='Meatyflakes']You almost certainly won't get this months issue, I signed up on 6/2 and won't get an issue until September. That being said, as myself and others have mentioned, just go to the store and they'll probably let you use a copy of the coupon(s) from the store copies.

Damn...double ninja'd.....[/QUOTE]

I signed up around the same time and, already, have my welcome package and mag.

[quote name='Hraesvelg']Sorry i should have been more specific, i was planning on buying Kingdoms Heart 3D and pre-order New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Ragnarok Odyssey which are all 39.99 each.[/QUOTE]

it is ymmv, by going by bb policy, the answer is no

[quote name='Hraesvelg']Sorry i should have been more specific, i was planning on buying Kingdoms Heart 3D and pre-order New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Ragnarok Odyssey which are all 39.99 each.[/QUOTE]
The only way it works is if you pay off the pre-orders when you pre-order. That being said they can still deny you saying that the promotion doesn't include pre-orders and there's nothing you can argue back with. So YMMV, you can try it and hopefully get an employee who'll help you out.

Finally got KoA:R in stock (PS3) and got the next to last one. Managed to snag the last SOTD at the same time. I'm quitting while I'm ahead for the night. $21 and change out the door is a good day.

Well I'm pretty annoyed here...

I bought my sub on 3/24. As of the end of June I hadn't received anything. I started by calling Best Buy CS, and spoke to who I thought was the rudest woman on the planet, and was basically pushed off and told to email @gamer. So I emailed them, gave them all my info, and they emailed back that they had no record of me on their system and to email Best Buy. I literally forwarded their email to Best Buy, and got a canned response about contacting @gamer. I decided to try and call Best Buy again...and this woman was even ruder than the first person I talked to. Again, I was just told to contact @gamer, but this time they gave me a phone number. The woman at @gamer was super nice, but as expected she couldn't find my info...because it wasn't on their system. Her recommendation was to go to the actual store, and talk to someone there.

Tonight, I went to the store, and wentnright up to the gaming counter. I explained everything that's gone on with the guy...he brought up my info and had me confirm it on the screen. After that, he called over his manager who told me I need to call "Game Informer." I told him that I contacted @gamer and they said I need to start with Best Buy. He looked at my receipt and said..."You can subscribe for a year to this magazine?" And his game Rep said "I didn't think so, but I guess you can."

At this point, the manager disappeared...didn't even say where he was going...just walked away. After a fewminutes, the rep said he was going to check with someone else and he would be right back. 25 minutes later, he comes back, hands me a magazine, and says I'm all set. I say thanks, but what about the next month...and his quote: "Honestly I have no idea. If you don't get one in the mail, maybe you should try to call 'Game Informer.'"

I said thanks again and just left. I feel like this is just some prank, and I have no idea where to go next. I always hear great stories about Best Buy, butmy in store and over the phone experience with them makes me see how they're slowly but surely running themselves out of business.

[quote name='captaintek3304']Well I'm pretty annoyed here...

I bought my sub on 3/24. As of the end of June I hadn't received anything. I started by calling Best Buy CS, and spoke to who I thought was the rudest woman on the planet, and was basically pushed off and told to email @gamer. So I emailed them, gave them all my info, and they emailed back that they had no record of me on their system and to email Best Buy. I literally forwarded their email to Best Buy, and got a canned response about contacting @gamer. I decided to try and call Best Buy again...and this woman was even ruder than the first person I talked to. Again, I was just told to contact @gamer, but this time they gave me a phone number. The woman at @gamer was super nice, but as expected she couldn't find my info...because it wasn't on their system. Her recommendation was to go to the actual store, and talk to someone there.

Tonight, I went to the store, and wentnright up to the gaming counter. I explained everything that's gone on with the guy...he brought up my info and had me confirm it on the screen. After that, he called over his manager who told me I need to call "Game Informer." I told him that I contacted @gamer and they said I need to start with Best Buy. He looked at my receipt and said..."You can subscribe for a year to this magazine?" And his game Rep said "I didn't think so, but I guess you can."

At this point, the manager disappeared...didn't even say where he was going...just walked away. After a fewminutes, the rep said he was going to check with someone else and he would be right back. 25 minutes later, he comes back, hands me a magazine, and says I'm all set. I say thanks, but what about the next month...and his quote: "Honestly I have no idea. If you don't get one in the mail, maybe you should try to call 'Game Informer.'"

I said thanks again and just left. I feel like this is just some prank, and I have no idea where to go next. I always hear great stories about Best Buy, butmy in store and over the phone experience with them makes me see how they're slowly but surely running themselves out of business.[/QUOTE]

I hope you got the manager and rep's store number so you can blast them in a survey, That kind of treatment is absolutely inexcusable.

[quote name='captaintek3304']Yep, and brought it with me...not that it did anything.[/QUOTE]
Did they have to scan something in a pamphlet when you first signed up? Anyone that's signed up recently, what are the steps the cashier took to sign you up for the Gamers' Club Unlocked membership and magazine subscription? I ask because I remember when I signed up I had to bring in a coupon they sent me to 'unlock' my Gamers' Club. I don't know if maybe they eliminated that step completely now.

But I do remember they had to scan the magazine, some pamphlet about the GCU and scan the $14.99 barcode in that flyer AND they had to scan my Reward Zone card. So maybe the rep at the store missed a step, since I know that's what was stopping my account from saying I was in the Gamers' Club Unlocked for about 2-3 months last fall.

If anything, I would suggest going to the BB forums and creating a thread on the Gamers' Club section.

The mods on there will likely need the information from the receipt from when you first signed up in store.

Here's the page to go to to create a thread to try and get help:
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/bd-p/gamersclub

Please be warned though that typically the mods there will respond to you in 3 to 5 business days(Mon.-Fri. ONLY) usually. It may be shorter or it may be longer.

[quote name='captaintek3304']Yep, and brought it with me...not that it did anything.[/QUOTE]

I would go straight to unboxed with it.

Local employees can be routine idiots.

bread's done
Back