BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
When Soul Calibur V and SSX had coupons, I waited until they were both $9.99 after coupon. The same with DW, though I wish I had waited until it was $4.99 after coupons. I went ahead and bought SF X Tekken, KoA, and TM with coupons because I will enjoy those games for the price I paid for them. SCV blew other than the Story Mode while SSX was only better than Blur and the fourth game in the series. Compared to Tricky and 3, it was pretty lackluster.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Anyone looking for a PS3 KoA in NYC please send me a PM.

Have an extra copy from BB due to unforeseen circumstances.[/QUOTE]

I wish it was an Xbox 360 version that you have an extra copy of.

[quote name='shurija']I wish it was an Xbox 360 version that you have an extra copy of.[/QUOTE]
Sorry dude! Would help out if I could.

I just pick up another copy of KoA: Reckoning for my friend at $10. The only Best Buy close to me that have any 360 copies in stock also had plenty of PS3 copies as well....totally worth it

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Anyone looking for a PS3 KoA in NYC please send me a PM.

Have an extra copy from BB due to unforeseen circumstances.[/QUOTE]

Sent you a PM. Been looking for it.

[quote name='Draknight']Sent you a PM. Been looking for it.[/QUOTE]
Hey there. Rather than respond to the PM, I just want to explain the situation.

Just to make it clear, I had purchased this online with ship to store. This was before I found one in store, and then used my coupon on the discovery.

In other words, I paid $40 + tax. I want to return it in store, and then a local CAG can buy it with the @GAMER coupon right after I return it.

Originally my brother was going to give me his coupon, and then I would use it for him. But he also found one, so now I have one available.

If still interested please send me a follow up PM to arrange a meeting and exchange.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Nah. I liked MK as I had the vanilla version almost at launch. But Shao Kahn was a major league pain in the ass to beat. I don't think I ever really beat him since the standard(for me anyway) of spamming super moves and jump kicks just didn't work against him like it did in prior games.:cry:

But I gotta admit that I haven't liked the SF games in years now. Now if WB and Capcom could get together and make a crossover complete with the ability to rip Ken/Ryu/Chun Li's spine out with Subzero I'd be on that game in a second.:evil:[/QUOTE]

You kan beat Shao Kahn by spamming projektile attakks.

Except that Shao Kahn has those shoulder blocking moves that close the gap between you and him in no time flat plus I think he has projectile moves of his own that do a lot of damage in one shot.

So in case anyone was wondering or even remembers my situation...after two months of going back and forth, on the advice of IATCG and Enuf, I posted my issue about not getting my @Gamer mags and the BBY store folks/phone reps being completely clueless. An admin over there helped me out. He figured out what the issue was, got it all sorted out, and sent my info to @Gamer, so I'll now get my mags. Oh and he threw in a $5 reward certificate in on top of it. If only their phone support was that good.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Except that Shao Kahn has those shoulder blocking moves that close the gap between you and him in no time flat plus I think he has projectile moves of his own that do a lot of damage in one shot.[/QUOTE]

Oh, he's a m-fer no doubt, but if you keep away from him and spam the projectile attacks while he's doing his taunting, it works. If he closes on you, do whatever you have to to create distance again. His close attacks are much more powerful and more difficult to block because you don't get much warning and they are inconsistent. It can be a tedious process, but it does work.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but when I went into my Best Buy for a copy of Amalur, the employee said they didn't have any, but ordered me a copy to have delivered to the store. I of course used my coupon when paying. It's taken until today for them to have it arrive (ordered it Friday), but it's not like I'd have stopped Dark Souls to play it had it come sooner anyway.

[quote name='jkimrey']If I purchase KoA PC version, will I need to use the DVD, or can I just register and d/l on Origin?[/QUOTE]

You can activate the code and download it if you like.

[quote name='rpmboy']Yep, it said PS3,360, and PC on the coupon up top.[/QUOTE]

I think it's the fact that most the other coupons are just consoles. This was a awesome come up. Shame I can't get Steam Achievements. And I don't think I've ever seen this DLC on sale on Origin. We'll see though. Think I have a coupon though. Woot!

Popped this on Origin the other night, downloaded and test it out tonight. Cool game.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Not sure if this has been mentioned, but when I went into my Best Buy for a copy of Amalur, the employee said they didn't have any, but ordered me a copy to have delivered to the store. I of course used my coupon when paying. It's taken until today for them to have it arrive (ordered it Friday), but it's not like I'd have stopped Dark Souls to play it had it come sooner anyway.[/QUOTE]

That's how I got mine. It's called an OMS order, I believe. CAGers who don't have one at their closest store but know there are some within a few hours should give it a try. You just have to find an employee that's willing to take the time to do it, and you pay for it (coupon and all) at the store, then just wait for it to arrive. It does take awhile like ViolentLee said, but it's worth it if you want the game @ $10!

EDIT: For instance, a quick search shows that for IA or IL CAGers, Dubuque, IA, Peoria, IL, and DeKalb, IL still have copies. It's worth a try no matter where you live, of course. Maybe there are some copies close enough to you to get the game this way.

Hmm, I wonder if KoA will be one of those games that have an insane resale value over time. Similar to Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold Edition and such

Ok Newbie, on "unlock" just signed up today, I got the mag, and i have two question.

I have the coupons here with me, is the coupon good for one time use or can be use for multi time??

If it is one time use only, should i switch mind to Digital copy... so i can print out many coupon to use it more than once?

thanks

[quote name='leung19']Ok Newbie, on "unlock" just signed up today, I got the mag, and i have two question.

I have the coupons here with me, is the coupon good for one time use or can be use for multi time??

If it is one time use only, should i switch mind to Digital copy... so i can print out many coupon to use it more than once?

thanks[/QUOTE]

Coupons are one-time use if the clerk takes them during checkout (which they are instructed to). If they just scan it and let you keep it then yeah, multi-use it is. I have had this happen only once and it was with a new employee.

[quote name='HydroX']Coupons are one-time use if the clerk takes them during checkout (which they are instructed to). If they just scan it and let you keep it then yeah, multi-use it is. I have had this happen only once and it was with a new employee.[/QUOTE]

thanks

but what if i buy more than one copy of the game? does it only work with single copy discount?

[quote name='leung19']thanks

but what if i buy more than one copy of the game? does it only work with single copy discount?[/QUOTE]

Just like every other coupon in the history of existence: One coupon per item. You don't go to the grocery store with a coupon for a free 20 oz bottle of Coke and expect to clean out their entire cooler, do you?

What the hell... Yesterday i check BBY site and KofA was all instock at all my local BBY. got home and was gonna go buy one but check stock again and now all "unavailable".

BBY needs to get their shit together. what good is a coupon if there is nothing instock.

[quote name='Daring']What the hell... Yesterday i check BBY site and KofA was all instock at all my local BBY. got home and was gonna go buy one but check stock again and now all "unavailable".

BBY needs to get their shit together. what good is a coupon if there is nothing instock.[/QUOTE]

They've got their shit together just fine, you need to get your ass in gear to get a copy. You're not the only person out there looking for one.

[quote name='kitsunisan']They've got their shit together just fine, you need to get your ass in gear to get a copy. You're not the only person out there looking for one.[/QUOTE]

The fact that it was still available this far into the sale was a minor miracle in itself.

[quote name='Daring']What the hell... Yesterday i check BBY site and KofA was all instock at all my local BBY. got home and was gonna go buy one but check stock again and now all "unavailable".

BBY needs to get their shit together. what good is a coupon if there is nothing instock.[/QUOTE]

That is a 'known'(obviously, not by all, hence 'known' typed like that)) glitch. Sometimes, it will show everything as available when everything is unavailable. A thing to keep in mind is, if it's something that's selling out like this, their store locator is, more than likely, wrong if it says all stores have it. It will be best to go into the store and have them search through their inventory checker for other stores.

[quote name='kitsunisan']They've got their shit together just fine, you need to get your ass in gear to get a copy. You're not the only person out there looking for one.[/QUOTE]

WOW!!! REALLY!!!. i guess you did not see my earlier post on the 7/15, 1st day the item went on sale. I was at the store at around 11am and was told they had no copy.

Let me reiterate, why the heck do they even bother to issue a coupon for an item they do not intend to carry.

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered already, does the coupon for Tera work with the Collectors Edition? went to BB yesterday and saw it was $47.99 making it $17.99 with coupon. Didn't even cross my mind to ask a blue shirt since i had forgotten Tera was included in this months coupons.

[quote name='Hraesvelg']Sorry if this question has been asked and answered already, does the coupon for Tera work with the Collectors Edition? went to BB yesterday and saw it was $47.99 making it $17.99 with coupon. Didn't even cross my mind to ask a blue shirt since i had forgotten Tera was included in this months coupons.[/QUOTE]

no, some1 already tried it

[quote name='Daring']WOW!!! REALLY!!!. i guess you did not see my earlier post on the 7/15, 1st day the item went on sale. I was at the store at around 11am and was told they had no copy.

Let me reiterate, why the heck do they even bother to issue a coupon for an item they do not intend to carry.[/QUOTE]

Boohoo my local store is OOS so BB needs to get their shit together. Plenty of people picked up copies before the coupons were live. Did you even call before going to the store?

[quote name='Hraesvelg']Sorry if this question has been asked and answered already, does the coupon for Tera work with the Collectors Edition? went to BB yesterday and saw it was $47.99 making it $17.99 with coupon. Didn't even cross my mind to ask a blue shirt since i had forgotten Tera was included in this months coupons.[/QUOTE]

It requires a manager override to go through. Most likely they won't do it for you, but you can always try.

Yea, I didn't have any luck either. One other member on here said they had success with it around the time the deal was first live, but I tried this past weekend and it didn't work. So maybe they changed it? The guy who was ringing me thought it would work and he tried twice. It just didn't work and he said the coupon is suppose to work with the Sku and since it didn't, it means it only works with the standard edition.

[quote name='barrit']Yea, I didn't have any luck either. One other member on here said they had success with it around the time the deal was first live, but I tried this past weekend and it didn't work. So maybe they changed it? The guy who was ringing me thought it would work and he tried twice. It just didn't work and he said the coupon is suppose to work with the Sku and since it didn't, it means it only works with the standard edition.[/QUOTE]

lol, i remember you. you are the guy who wanted tera, and took you a while to track down a copy for the game

[quote name='YBX87']lol, i remember you. you are the guy who wanted tera, and took you a while to track down a copy for the game[/QUOTE]

Yea, I finally found a standard copy this past weekend! :) I asked the guy to look up when they were getting more standard Tera copies. He tried and said it didn't look like they were getting more in and that it "had been deleted"

[quote name='barrit']Yea, I finally found a standard copy this past weekend! :) I asked the guy to look up when they were getting more standard Tera copies. He tried and said it didn't look like they were getting more in and that it "had been deleted"

The look on the GameStop employee's face when I mentioned Best Buy...

I REALLYYYYYY hope Best Buy can handle these insane deals of theirs. Seems they are waking others the fuckck up, bit by bit.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']The look on the GameStop employee's face when I mentioned Best Buy...

I REALLYYYYYY hope Best Buy can handle these insane deals of theirs. Seems they are waking others the fuckck up, bit by bit.[/QUOTE]

lol, i had to laugh at the "YouDamnFlippers!!!!!" on your profile, lmfao

[quote name='Daring']WOW!!! REALLY!!!. i guess you did not see my earlier post on the 7/15, 1st day the item went on sale. I was at the store at around 11am and was told they had no copy.

Let me reiterate, why the heck do they even bother to issue a coupon for an item they do not intend to carry.[/QUOTE]

WOW!!! REALLY!!! I got two of them. Two stores about a half hour from me have them in stock. Plenty of people in this thread have gotten them. So to reiterate, get your ass in gear if they show up.

I actually had a Best Buy employee special order a copy of KoA for me direct from their warehouse about a week ago since I have yet to receive this months' magazine. From what that employee told me, the game is a discontinued item thus the low stock and availability. Best Buy is most likely offering the game at that price with the coupon just to clear out inventory.

[quote name='YBX87']lol, i had to laugh at the "YouDamnFlippers!!!!!" on your profile, lmfao[/QUOTE]

...Especially when I, myself, am a fli... Wait. What? :whistle2:s

Haha!

Finally got an email saying my KoAR is ready for in-store pickup. :) Hopefully it is legit. Also, how is it to do the return/rebuy with coupon?

Probably is store dependent. My store didn't have Rage or Bulletstorm (or even shelf space for them) when the $5 coupon came out, and haven't gotten them in since. KOA was the same way for 360 (although they told me 50 copies were in transit:roll: ) Still haven't seen one.

I can't even preorder Madden 13 for in-store pickup (online to take advantage of the $10 savings code for spending $50) as it is unavailable (although I can preorder in-store, which makes no sense. When I called the 800 number, they claimed it was because they can't guarantee how many copies my store would get...it's frickin' Madden for Christ's sake, it's not like it will be in short supply).

So yeah, seems some Best Buys do need to get their shit together. One shouldn't have to drive 30-60 miles out of their way to take advantage of a deal that is a benefit of a paid membership program. (or buy the game weeks in advance just to pricematch when the coupon becomes valid). It would make more sense if BB would ship each store a set amount of copies (depending on Unlocked membership) that would be stocked the day the coupon went into effect. Once those are sold, fine, missed opportunity, but having none available to begin with is ridiculous.

And yes, there are other ways of obtaining copies (swapping with another CAG for example;)), but jumping through hoops shouldn't be a requirement.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I just picked up a used enslaved for ps3 for 1.89 after the used game coupon
, reward zone card and some left over trade in credit. Nice indeed :)
[/QUOTE]

Lol. Would've sounded better if it was shortened to there. Got it from Sears for $6.50(new, obv).

Because they got you in the store. That's what sales are meant to do. However, the other side that they don't realize is the bad taste it leaves in your mouth creating reluctance to return for the next sale. And, obviously, if they didn't have what you were looking for, you left in a fit of rage and did not buy any other regular priced items when you were there as they want you to.

Perhaps next months coupons will offer any Dreamcast game for free. Or better yet, Halo 4 for $0.00 with the coupon exp. date of 11/5, the day before release.

Sorry for my cynicism, but there is an obvious point to be made. They advertise these coupons as incentive to sub to the mag, but if it takes hours of time and gas money driving around to find the games, it is less of a deal than what it appears. I am just happy I live in a mid size city that does not shop, so I am able to get it on many of the deals.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Because they got you in the store. That's what sales are meant to do. However, the other side that they don't realize is the bad taste it leaves in your mouth creating reluctance to return for the next sale. And, obviously, if they didn't have what you were looking for, you left in a fit of rage and did not buy any other regular priced items when you were there as they want you to.

Perhaps next months coupons will offer any Dreamcast game for free. Or better yet, Halo 4 for $0.00 with the coupon exp. date of 11/5, the day before release.

Sorry for my cynicism, but there is an obvious point to be made. They advertise these coupons as incentive to sub to the mag, but if it takes hours of time and gas money driving around to find the games, it is less of a deal than what it appears. I am just happy I live in a mid size city that does not shop, so I am able to get it on many of the deals.[/QUOTE]

I think everyone is missing the point with the coupons. I believe the coupons are intended to be decent deals, but not fantastic deals. They inadvertently become fantastic. I'm willing to bet that the problem is that the magazine coupon department and the video game pricing department don't communicate well, if at all, which results in coupons being issued for too much of a discount and pricing being too low to justify the coupon value as well as stock being too low to justify the pricing. What other retailer takes desirable stock and has a fire sale on it regularly? The only time that happens is when a company is going out of business...which sounds about right for Best Buy.

The only thing that would refute my theory is that these fire sale coupons have been going on for awhile, which means that they really are intentional and profitable or Best Buy is just that poorly run. Either way, i'll enjoy the ride until the fun stops for one reason or another...

Look if your store has the game then great ! If not well then that's life lol. These coupons are for very good deals but to also clear out stock as far as I can tell. Since we know like a week in advance before the coupons go active just buy the game for that coupon at msrp and do a price ajustment using the coupon later down the line

Nope. Best Buy knows exactly what they're doing with these coupons and sales.

They are designed to clear out stock of less than desirable games. Two things happen that causes a lot of whining:

1) The store was out of stock on the title anyway before the sale/coupon combo started. This isn't a black friday ad, they are under no obligation to have it in stock.
2) People buy up the stock because it's a good deal

I can't stand when people start with the whining about how BB doesn't have stock ("well, why did they put it on sale anyway? The entire universe is encompassed by my store and my personal needs! :drool: " ) or that they are withholding stock during the sale. The whiners seem to think that they're the only ones who want the game and/or that there's some sort of conspiracy theory. Both are idiotic.

I'm still trying to track down a second copy of KOA and have resigned myself to the fact that I bought this second magazine for nothing. That doesn't mean Best Buy is at fault.

bread's done
Back