BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
Found a PS3 KoA in store here in NYC.

Anyone interested should send me a PM, and I will reveal the whereabouts of it.

First to PM will get it!

[quote name='esalw822']Tried to get a free Tera (vanilla) today but the coupon caused the system to raise the price to $39.99 before deducting the coupon value so it ended up being $10. Was there buying a few other items so I thought I'd give it a whirl with all the other success stories floating around. Wasn't gonna argue since I wasn't interested in the game anyway. Back to BB it goes on my next trip...[/QUOTE]
Yeah, looks like they changed it in the system then. Completely like BB to not honor their sale price and PAID coupons. Oh well, their loss since $50 in sales went out the door instead of losing a whole $10 by just complying with my request.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Glad to see this, should really help folks who sign up in the coming months. I'll have probably signed up before it goes into effect but still good to know. Next up, getting the coupons to work online![/QUOTE]If they go about it the right way we could be seeing an influx of coupon deals. Monthly/quarterly instant coupon packs would draw in alot of foot traffic. But there's also a chance that we'd get to sets of welcome kit coupons(1 on the spot & 1 by mail with a delayed valid period). Can't go wrong with more coupons.

[quote name='Jodou']Best Buy cracks me up. Back when they had free coupons and no shitty mag sub to get them, I'd get games free without a hitch. Went to get in on this free Tera everyone has been getting without an override and of course the guy needed an override because the coupon bumped the price up to $40 for some reason. Manager said I could either get the online price of $20 or use the coupon and get it for $10. Told him tons of people were getting it free without an issue and he still turned me down.

So basically, a PAID FOR coupon they will deny me free games but the FREE coupons from the past I got free games just fine. Best Buy cracks me up. Ended up putting back the $50 in blurays I was going to pick up with U&S and walked out in disgust.

After KoA was so disappointing, I basically wasted my money on a @Gamer mag for worthless coupons. Never again.[/QUOTE]Fully agree they need to get their system together but given the choice of free non stacking coupons (limited quality + quantity) coupons vs cheap sub/mag prices in much larger quantity & on better quality of games I say the way it is now is the best. The quality of the mag itself means little to me they could print the mag on 7 Eleven promo cup for all I care the # of $5-$15 top notch titles far exceeds the free games like deadlist warrior or GoW triple pack.

Plus if they fully correct they system you won't be seeing ANY free games $5 will be cheapest new & some $1-$4 used deals.

[quote name='dc delta90']Whend did you sign up? It takes 4-6 weeks from the time you sign up to the time you get your first issue mailed.[/QUOTE]
I signed up I think june to get resistance 3 for $10. I haven't received my magazine yet. Do they send like confirmation that your magazine has been shipped in your BB account or something? Also when do the coupons expire.

[quote name='Guillermo_IGN']I signed up I think june to get resistance 3 for $10. I haven't received my magazine yet. Do they send like confirmation that your magazine has been shipped in your BB account or something? Also when do the coupons expire.[/QUOTE]call @gamer CS
1-800-678-3643 they can tell you when you'll get your next mag. My guess would be since this is a 2 month issue Sept. will be the one.

I just signed up today, but didn't get a free copy of the mag like it says here. Is that true? Or did they change their policies?

Also can you transfer a pre-order payment to an other game.

ex. I paid 5 down for AC3 and Dishonored. But now I would like to just get Dishonored. Can you un pre-ordered and transfer the 5 dollars to Dishonored?

thanks.

[quote name='shadowofthetoaster']I just signed up today, but didn't get a free copy of the mag like it says here. Is that true? Or did they change their policies?

[/QUOTE]

You have to take a copy of the magazine to the register. They won't volunteer to give you a free copy unless you ask/bring one with you.

[quote name='ooga']You have to take a copy of the magazine to the register. They won't volunteer to give you a free copy unless you ask/bring one with you.[/QUOTE]
*shrug* When I signed up, the girl at the counter went and got one. Granted, she had no idea what she was doing, but nonetheless, she grabbed a copy for me.

[quote name='MRW2276']Yes. I was able to get a Megapack for $25[/QUOTE]
The Megapacks were all $79.99 at the one local BB that had any. I had them check the price.

[quote name='e Skrilla']Pissed I missed out on KoA. All my friends have it now and I pass it up when I first got my mag. Now they are all OOS....[/QUOTE]
You're not missing out on much. I played it for 5 hours before shelving it. Just a poorly done offline WoW IMO.

If you have Silver Rewards, I was able to get them to sell a USED KoA for $9.99 w/in store pickup. Used copies seem to be available in some/most locations. They also let me use a Upgrade & Save coupon for a blu-ray that was not available near me (Sandlot), with free shipping. I'm not sure how helpful the typical Best Buy hotline will be though.

[quote name='Jodou']You're not missing out on much. I played it for 5 hours before shelving it. Just a poorly done offline WoW IMO.[/QUOTE]

I disagree with that fully. However, why not just sell your copy to someone who wants it instead of just harping on and on about it?:roll:

There is still a copy of KoA (360) at my store. Although I've already used the coupon, I can get another magazine.

In return I ask for Dead Rising 2: OTR (360) that will be on sale at Best Buy starting Sunday for $9.99 + a couple of bucks for the magazine.

If interested, shoot me a PM.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']
In return I ask for Dead Rising 2: OTR (360) that will be on sale at Best Buy starting Sunday for $9.99
[/QUOTE]

Has this been verified? I am definitely snatching a copy if it is. If my store has any that is.

I used my Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning coupon today to pick up the last copy of it for the PS3 on the shelf at my closest BB store. They had two a week or two ago, so there ARE some copies out there still IF you look hard enough. I already have my copy from near launch, but I'll likely keep this one sealed in the event the state of RI sells the IP to another company and they decide to make a sequel.

I also tried the $5 off coupon on one of the pre-owned :ps3: copies of L.A. Noire that're on sale this week for $9.99. But the coupon negated the sale price and bumped it back up to $17.99 and the discount was taken from that. So I passed.

I also noticed a copy of :ps3: Borderlands GOTY in the used section for $14.99, but I think it's the one I traded in months ago that's one of the voucher DLC copies, since it had something about having to use 4.4gigs of HDD space for the extra content.:whistle2:#

So I guess the $5 off coupon goes unused for another week.

I also noticed that they already had a pre-owned copy of :ps3:Lollipop Chainsaw in stock for $44.99 on the pre-owned shelves as well as a copy of the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I used my Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning coupon today to pick up the last copy of it for the PS3 on the shelf at my closest BB store. They had two a week or two ago, so there ARE some copies out there still IF you look hard enough. I already have my copy from near launch, but I'll likely keep this one sealed in the event the state of RI sells the IP to another company and they decide to make a sequel.

I also tried the $5 off coupon on one of the pre-owned :ps3: copies of L.A. Noire that're on sale this week for $9.99. But the coupon negated the sale price and bumped it back up to $17.99 and the discount was taken from that. So I passed.

I also noticed a copy of :ps3: Borderlands GOTY in the used section for $14.99, but I think it's the one I traded in months ago that's one of the voucher DLC copies, since it had something about having to use 4.4gigs of HDD space for the extra content.:whistle2:#

So I guess the $5 off coupon goes unused for another week.

I also noticed that they already had a pre-owned copy of :ps3:Lollipop Chainsaw in stock for $44.99 on the pre-owned shelves as well as a copy of the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection.[/QUOTE]

I had the rep. price match their own website for $9.99, total it out and it was $10.81 he then did the $5 off coupon making it $5.81 for me. The GCU $5 off a $9.99-$17.99 does work on LA Noire.

It's actually a few cents cheaper now: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/L.A.+No...p?id=1218346767990&skuId=2716345&lid=PreOwned

That makes it $4.99+tax after coupon then.

This is somewhat relevant, but when I went to pick up the $19.99 Tera CE that was on-hold for me, I noticed another CE on the shelf and scanned it for a lark. It rang up $39.99. :razz:

[quote name='Vigilante']This is somewhat relevant, but when I went to pick up the $19.99 Tera CE that was on-hold for me, I noticed another CE on the shelf and scanned it for a lark. It rang up $39.99. :razz:[/QUOTE]

I just looked at their site.. They raised the price of the standard edition to $39.99 (I guess so people can't get it for free anymore), but they left the Tera CE at $19.99 lol.

Tera still isn't worth the gas drive really. You need to use a credit card to sign up and I haven't heard good things about it. I got it free and now i'll likely just pass it on to someone else.

[quote name='intoxicated662']I had the rep. price match their own website for $9.99, total it out and it was $10.81 he then did the $5 off coupon making it $5.81 for me. The GCU $5 off a $9.99-$17.99 does work on LA Noire.

It's actually a few cents cheaper now: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/L.A.+No...p?id=1218346767990&skuId=2716345&lid=PreOwned

That makes it $4.99+tax after coupon then.[/QUOTE]
I really didn't want LAN that bad, but it's the only $9.99 game I think my store has right now that isn't either super old or a sports title.

I tried to get the CE, but it rang up $40 and they wouldn't let me use the coupon on it. No vanilla copies in the store either, so I'll pass unless some awesomely nice person wants to give me a code lol.

Striked out on the 5 off LA noire as well. I was able to get the CS rep to pricematch the game for 10 but then was denied when i handed them the 5 off coupon. :/

Im going to ry to get this at another store... would it better for me to try PM at gamings?

[quote name='intoxicated662']Tera still isn't worth the gas drive really. You need to use a credit card to sign up and I haven't heard good things about it. I got it free and now i'll likely just pass it on to someone else.[/QUOTE]

I don't recall putting in a credit card.

I find it funny how many people are picking up Tera just to pass it on to someone else. If you have no interest in something you don't have to be compelled to get it just because it's free you know.

[quote name='ooga']I find it funny how many people are picking up Tera just to pass it on to someone else. If you have no interest in something you don't have to be compelled to get it just because it's free you know.[/QUOTE]
Heh, if they didn't, nobody ever would. The copy I tried to get free has been sitting there for months and will continue to sit there forever.

[quote name='Enuf']call @gamer CS
1-800-678-3643 they can tell you when you'll get your next mag. My guess would be since this is a 2 month issue Sept. will be the one.[/QUOTE]

Thank you I called and they just said were sorry but there's nothing we can do for you. I was like thanks.... then i should get an extra month for not being able to use this month's coupons. They said no...:hot::applause:

I was able to hold a KoA by calling in a Best Buy store for a sku check! Its removed off best buy.com but store systems still have the sku if its in stock

Played in the Tera beta and was kinda "meh" on it. I didn't not like it, but I don't know couldn't really get into it either. But so far playing it now I'm loving it, I'm not sure if I'll get hooked at all or not (I want to try playing with a controller, but right now I only have a PS3 controller and I'm having trouble getting it to work...any advice?) but for a FREE game??? Haha, I've already got my money's worth out of it!

Tera CE is $19.99 ONLINE ONLY. You can pick it up in store for that price but if you just have them scan it it'll ring up 19.99. Show them the page and they'll price match it for you.

[quote name='AionTelos']Tera CE is $19.99 ONLINE ONLY. You can pick it up in store for that price but if you just have them scan it it'll ring up 19.99. Show them the page and they'll price match it for you.[/QUOTE]

So you're saying it's $19.99 online only and it scans in-store at $19.99. What's to price match?

[quote name='k1ngster']Striked out on the 5 off LA noire as well. I was able to get the CS rep to pricematch the game for 10 but then was denied when i handed them the 5 off coupon. :/

Im going to ry to get this at another store... would it better for me to try PM at gamings?[/QUOTE]I was able tio pick up a copy with the coupon. I told the cashier that it was $9.99 on their site and she price matched it without looking it up. Then she tried the coupon. It didnt work, so she looked at it and overrode it without calling over a manager. It was the least painful pm for me ever at bby. Come to think of it, I should do the survey and leave her good feedback.

[quote name='gantt']So you're saying it's $19.99 online only and it scans in-store at $19.99. What's to price match?[/QUOTE]

:lol:

I was at my local BB today and they had a sign saying they price match Amazon now. Looked online and can't find any information. I was wondering if anyone has tried Price matching SFvT and able to use the @Gamers coupon? It would make it $22.50-20 = 2.50 sounds too good to be true. I'll try it when I go back Sunday for the blowout 2.0.

[quote name='Dabears34']I was at my local BB today and they had a sign saying they price match Amazon now. Looked online and can't find any information. I was wondering if anyone has tried Price matching SFvT and able to use the @Gamers coupon? It would make it $22.50-20 = 2.50 sounds too good to be true. I'll try it when I go back Sunday for the blowout 2.0.[/QUOTE]
For the 1000000th time, you cannot PM and use the coupon.

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']For the 1000000th time, you cannot PM and use the coupon.[/QUOTE]
Ah ok thanks. Would have been a steal.

[quote name='Dabears34']Ah ok thanks. Would have been a steal.[/QUOTE]
Sure. And yes, it would be a steal. Literally. There were lots of times that if you could PM and use the coupon, you could have gotten tons of stuff free from BB. At least 1 item in the magazine would be free each month. Maybe more.

Yay! Even though KoA for 360 has been removed from Best Buy.com, I was able to find a copy at a location that had it listed up to the SKU removal. There's still copies out there, good luck finding them, though.

[quote name='Frog Ribs']Yay! Even though KoA for 360 has been removed from Best Buy.com, I was able to find a copy at a location that had it listed up to the SKU removal. There's still copies out there, good luck finding them, though.[/QUOTE]
Seriously? *goes to check*

Man, you're right. Even the PS3 version is gone. All that's left is the PC version, used 360 version, and the DD version. Even so, I saw KoA for the PS3 and the 360 at two stores I went to. There are still copies floating around, so get them while they're still here. Course, I got it as soon as the coupons went live. I knew they'd be gone fast.

[quote name='confoosious']Did the mega pack go off sale or something? Rang up $80.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this too before I waste a trip to BB.

[quote name='kudzero']I'd like to know this too before I waste a trip to BB.[/QUOTE]

It was labeled $80 in-store when I stopped by on Wednesday/Thursday. I didn't bother to check it, though, because I couldn't remember whether it was actually on sale. (Haven't been following the thread close enough!)

I was able to get Zelda:SS for $15 via Gamer's Club, and a free Tera after a lot of messy manager approvals. (It rang up as $40, price match to $20, coupon made it $10, not free. Ended up getting an override in the end)

Grrr, even with MotionJoy I still can't get my DS3 to 100% work with Tera. One problem is that even if I don't press the "home" button it still tries to connect to my PS3 as soon as I plug it in...that's despite being upstairs and across the house. Then I finally got it to control Tera and the game even sees it's a DS3 (shows the triangle, square, etc buttons in-game) but despite several configurations in MotionJoy I could never get the buttons to work properly.

Started out neither of the sticks worked and movement was mapped to the digital pad...then I got movement moved to the left stick but can't get the camera to go to the right stick and every face button causes different actions than are mapped.

Thinking I may just hit up BB tomorrow for the "Blowout 2.0" and try to pick up a cheap wired 360 controller or really suck it up and get a used wired one at GS or something (and clean it VERY well...).

bread's done
Back