Be Mine Indie Game Bundle (PayWhatYouWant, 5 games + music + xtras)

They've confirmed on the youtube page that this wont be a one time thing. Apparently they've already got a follow up bundle planned with a roster of games signed up for that second bundle.

[quote name='The End']They've confirmed on the youtube page that this wont be a one time thing. Apparently they've already got a follow up bundle planned with a roster of games signed up for that second bundle.[/QUOTE]Sweeeet.:D

[quote name='The End']They've confirmed on the youtube page that this wont be a one time thing. Apparently they've already got a follow up bundle planned with a roster of games signed up for that second bundle.[/QUOTE]

If you check the root page of the bundle site (http://groupees.com/), it looks like they've done this sort of thing a bunch of times before; mostly with music, but also with a documentary, stand-up comedy, and even a couple games. It looks like this is their first game "bundle", per se, but I have a feeling we can expect a lot more from these people.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPSvCqAOMfc

Wasteland Angel and Xotic got terrible review scores so I may just give those away. Has anyone here played the ball and can comment on the quality?[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed it. The forced combat sucks, but the puzzles are interesting and certainly worth a playthrough. I bought it for $5 and think it's worth it.

[quote name='M_F_A_H']According to the countdown on the site, this thing starts tomorrow at 12 PM EST.[/QUOTE]

And servers will come crashing down at 12:01 PM. :p

I haven't read anything about this having a sort of 'price increases the longer you wait' model so I will probably hold off at least for the first few hours.

[quote name='Motoki']And servers will come crashing down at 12:01 PM. :p

I haven't read anything about this having a sort of 'price increases the longer you wait' model so I will probably hold off at least for the first few hours.[/QUOTE]

All the games combined retail for 60 bucks total. It will crash in less than a minute LOL

The Ball - 19.99
Xotic - 9.99
Wasteland Angel - 9.99
Sideway New York - 9.99
Beep - 9.99
----------------
Total - 59.95!

Just checked on the website for this, looks like it launches at 1700 GMT. So, erm, whatever time that is for you. 7 hours and 20 minutes away from Right Here Right Now basically :)

I'm buying.

It's starting at 12 noon here on the east cost in the US. I'm pretty excited about this too.

BTW, it occurs to me that for a few hours, we will actually have 4 separate game bundles active at the same time. Humble bundle will be ending 7 hours after Be Mine bundle starts. 4 at one time seems like a lot. I'm not complaining, but it makes me wonder how many more of these things that you can have.

Though I'm assuming since it's 404, it's not that server is dead, they deleted the "countdown page" to put up a new one... buuut that could just be me (and not the best way to handle it)

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']Though I'm assuming since it's 404, it's not that server is dead, they deleted the "countdown page" to put up a new one... buuut that could just be me (and not the best way to handle it)[/QUOTE]

It was back and forth between 500 and 404 when the page disappeared. Now it seems to be only a 404 error so hopefully it will be sorted out quickly.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Or it was never real[/QUOTE]
The cat in the tent has a point - Everything's about to go Silent Hill on us!

Everybody panic! Conserve your ammo!

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Well, the new page did show up, but Joining and Logging In is down. Dang it, I'm going to have to try again at the end of my day.[/QUOTE]

I signed up before the bundle was up and logged in. Saw the bundle page pop up, but I'm getting 404 errors whenever I try to buy it lol

[quote name='sunghost']I signed up before the bundle was up and logged in. Saw the bundle page pop up, but I'm getting 404 errors whenever I try to buy it lol[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I wasn't keen enough to create an account ahead of time. By the way, do they take PayPal, or do we have to do this the hard way?

404's abound.

Finally got my payment in, got nervous because it 404'd right after I finished with the paypal confirmation screen.. but all of the Steam keys were sent to my email.

EDIT: Scratch that, beware of purchasing early.. they're sending out some duplicate Steam keys. I received one for BEEP.

2ND EDIT: Checked my key page on the site and they seem to have different keys than the ones they emailed me and the BEEP key worked, really weird. I also seem to have gotten different keys on my key page for some other games than the ones that were emailed to me lol.

For those who have gone through the process already, do you need to create an account with them to buy? I noticed that at the top right of the screen days ago and I've been wondering about that.

got the page to finally load, clicked on the buy button nothing happened, reloaded the page and it 404'd on me, not a great way to launch a bundle. I will check on it later it seems the bundle will run for the next couple of weeks so I have plenty of time to get it

[quote name='sunghost']Finally got my payment in, got nervous because it 404'd right after I finished with the paypal confirmation screen.. but all of the Steam keys were sent to my email.

EDIT: Scratch that, beware of purchasing early.. they're sending out some duplicate Steam keys. I received one for BEEP.[/QUOTE]

are there individual keys for each game or is it one key for all of them?

Yeah they're individual keys, also.. I corrected my duplicate key problem. For some reason a few games have different keys listed on the site than the emails they sent me, so I used the BEEP key from the site and it worked. I guess I should have extra keys, weird that they did that.

[quote name='The End']For those who have gone through the process already, do you need to create an account with them to buy? I noticed that at the top right of the screen days ago and I've been wondering about that.[/QUOTE]

I don't know I had already created one about a week ago, so I was already logged in. Got mine (refreshing every 404 error a few times), paid $5 even though I already had the Ball, and Sideways (PS3). I'm hoping they hit the $25,000 goal because the Nikopol game looks interesting.

[quote name='The End']Did you have to create an account to buy?[/QUOTE]

I can't say for sure since I was logged in when I bought it.. but I would say it's most likely required to make an account to purchase it.

Too bad they didn't have a pre-order option. I'm probably going to forget about this bundle while the site is down.

[quote name='The End']Did you have to create an account to buy?[/QUOTE]

When I clicked the buy button it brought up a login/registration box. I filled out my info but clicking submit isn't working while the server is having issues.

If that's so, it's gonna be hours before I'll be able to purchase this. I didn't have the foresight to create an account beforehand.

The link for clicking "Get it!" takes you to a log-in screen. So, yes, you have to log-in.

I'm curious what the final incentive is AND what the total amount required is.

[quote name='The End']If that's so, it's gonna be hours before I'll be able to purchase this. I didn't have the foresight to create an account beforehand.[/QUOTE]

I filled out my name, email, and password. After a few more attempts I had to reload the page and was logged in so it's not much of an additional process. I still can't get through checkout though.

Honestly I'd wait until things calm down. I finally got through the payment option and after making a paypal purchase (which I got billed for) I got the 404 error again. My Groupees account doesnt list me as purchasing it yet nor have I gotten email confirmation, but hey I did get billed right!

bread's done
Back