Be Mine Indie Game Bundle (PayWhatYouWant, 5 games + music + xtras)

[quote name='Shimmerz']Honestly I'd wait until things calm down. I finally got through the payment option and after making a paypal purchase (which I got billed for) I got the 404 error again. My Groupees account doesnt list me as purchasing it yet nor have I gotten email confirmation, but hey I did get billed right![/QUOTE]

That sucks, maybe they're having a processing delay? I got 404'd after completing my paypal purchase, but everything was listed on my groupees account immediately after.

Yeah 404 for me also. I didn't bother to make an account either because I thought they'd do it like all the other bundles and not force you to create an account. I guess I'll just wait there is no real hurry they'll probably be slammed till tomorrow.

[quote name='sunghost']That sucks, maybe they're having a processing delay? I got 404'd after completing my paypal purchase, but everything was listed on my groupees account immediately after.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm sure the system is so backlogged as the donation total is crawling upwards.

FYI the website now says

Overloaded

We are currently working to restore the service. We estimate Groupees will be back in 30-60 mins.
We bring our apologies. Please get back to us shortly!
- Groupees / Yawma team

[quote name='sunghost']That sucks, maybe they're having a processing delay? I got 404'd after completing my paypal purchase, but everything was listed on my groupees account immediately after.[/QUOTE]

Ditto here. I got a 404 but then a few minutes later I got the codes via email. Its a bit funny it came as 5 seperate emails.

Amateurs. There's a reason Indie Royale went to pre-orders. It didn't take a psychic to predict this would happen when you open the floodgates at one specific set time with no option to pre-order.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']With the garbage indie royale puts out anymore I don't think people are rushing to get it so they wouldn't have these issues[/QUOTE]

Their first bundle had no pre-orders and got slammed exactly like this one did.

My point isn't to argue a subjective opinion about how good or bad their bundle is, but rather to point out if you are a small group with meager and limited internet hosting ability then it doesn't take a lot of forethought to realize that having a bunch of people hit your site all at once might not be the best idea in the world.

[quote name='Mooby']Well, apparently they aren't relaunching until tomorrow per their twitter. That sucks.[/QUOTE]
Seriously!? I've been waiting a week for this thing >_>

[quote name='Mooby']Well, apparently they aren't relaunching until tomorrow per their twitter. That sucks.[/QUOTE]

As long as they relaunch I don't care, but I find it very disappointing that a company like this wouldn't anticipate the traffic.

Was able to get my order in about an hour ago... All keys registered just fine thru steam. I'm looking forward to testing out some of these games this week. I think I will start with Sideways.

You'd think they would've expected this much traffic, I thought it was very obvious that this would be one of the more popular bundles, it includes some pretty good games and the minimum price is $1. Wouldn't surprise me if they increase the minimum price when it relaunches tomorrow.

[quote name='sunghost']You'd think they would've expected this much traffic, I thought it was very obvious that this would be one of the more popular bundles, it includes some pretty good games and the minimum price is $1. Wouldn't surprise me if they increase the minimum price when it relaunches tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
Increase! We should get a discount for having to wait!:p

[quote name='fignutz32']Increase! We should get a discount for having to wait!:p[/QUOTE]

If they gave everyone a discount, it'd just raise the chances of the site crashing again because even more people would be interested lol. Anyway, I'm glad I got in on this early, and managed to get 2 free extra keys (for The Ball and Wasteland Angel) from it due to some weird error they had.

[quote name='sunghost']If they gave everyone a discount, it'd just raise the chances of the site crashing again because even more people would be interested lol. Anyway, I'm glad I got in on this early, and managed to get 2 free extra keys (for The Ball and Wasteland Angel) from it due to some weird error they had.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately that probably has to do with some people getting duplicate key errors. I'm getting a bit wary of this bundle.

I was able to pay through amazon payments, but I never got the keys in my e-mail or my groupee account.. Hope they fix it tomorrow.

[quote name='M_F_A_H']What a bush-league launch. How did they not see this coming?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure why you'd think that a group that hasn't done a bundle like this would instantly know all the issues.

Sucks? Yeah. Understandable? Yeah.

Same reason you'd think a guy who sees two or three other people stick their hands in a fire and get burned would come to the logical conclusion the same thing would happen to them.

[quote name='pROvIs']I just got a duplicate key for xotic so they must still be having issues.[/QUOTE]

Did you check the key in your download/purchase history on the site? They sent me a duplicate key for BEEP via email, but a valid key showed up on my account history. BTW was anyone able to access the "Groupees Be Mine Special EP"? It says "expired/access denied" whenever I try to download it.

[quote name='sunghost']Did you check the key in your download/purchase history on the site? They sent me a duplicate key for BEEP via email, but a valid key showed up on my account history.[/QUOTE]

I already redeemed all my codes but The Ball because I already owned it. So unless the code they sent is invalid I'm not sure. I'd love to check the codes on the site but its still down :p

[quote name='TheLongshot']I'm not sure why you'd think that a group that hasn't done a bundle like this would instantly know all the issues.

Sucks? Yeah. Understandable? Yeah.[/QUOTE]

I am surprised nobody else saw this coming considering the fact that I could barely access the website days before this even launched. This site was never good before this started.

[quote name='pROvIs']I already redeemed all my codes but The Ball because I already owned it. So unless the code they sent is invalid I'm not sure. I'd love to check the codes on the site but its still down :p[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'd recommend checking the site tomorrow, there's a good chance there will be a different/valid key in your purchase history. It's a shame that they had to take down the entire site, they could've at least left it so that you could access your account history.

These folks are practically giving away some great indie games. Anyone getting pissed at them for the site being down is being an entitled asshole in my book.

[quote name='sunghost']Yeah I'd recommend checking the site tomorrow, there's a good chance there will be a different/valid key in your purchase history. It's a shame that they had to take down the entire site, they could've at least left it so that you could access your account history.[/QUOTE]

I redeemed all mine....I was in the bathroom at work smashing refresh on my phone got an order through....got a 404 error and kept refreshing till the key page came up. I left it up on my phone till I got home.

Erm, the page for the BeMineBundle is now showing another countdown for me, like it's gone back in time by 24 hours. (http://groupees.com/bemine)

Is it the same for everybody else? Or did I hit 88mph on my way to the loo and today is actually Monday?

Edit: They've said on Twitter that they've been overwhelmed and have taken the site down until tomorrow. Aww, I quite fancied time travel, I could've put a fiver on Hull City getting a 0-0. :(

[quote name='Flowette']Erm, the page for the BeMineBundle is now showing another countdown for me, like it's gone back in time by 24 hours. (http://groupees.com/bemine)

Is it the same for everybody else? Or did I hit 88mph on my way to the loo and today is actually Monday?[/QUOTE]

I'm getting that too. Maybe they are postponing it to fix some issues. Because the fact that the site loads instantly now leads me to believe is wasn't dieing because too many people were using it, but perhaps something with purchasing it.

[quote name='Mooby']Er... I guess you skipped the last page or so of this thread?[/QUOTE]
See no reference to the site being rolled back by 24 hours. Or, if it is there, then the Cava is talking for me.

*hic*

Well, no reason to be upset. After all, they're relaunching tomorrow, not a week later. It's a nice bundle, and I hope to get my hands on it soon.

We waited patiently until today, what's another 24 hours?

I don't know, this is one of the more interesting bundles. However even still I'm only very mildly interested in Xotic, probably will pass on this.

bread's done
Back