Be Mine Indie Game Bundle (PayWhatYouWant, 5 games + music + xtras)

[quote name='Flowette']I'm quite enjoying all of this.

The thrill of the chase > capturing the prize. It'll all be such a letdown when we finally get that "Congratulations on your purchase!" email...

*sob*[/QUOTE]

Well.. ithe chase is still on, since I guess it was up and down again shortly this morning around 6AM EST-ish.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Well, I'm happy there's news on the subject, since the bundle's page no longer loads.

I can wait a few more days, but I don't think the other CAG's on this thread can.[/QUOTE]

It's not a matter of whether or not we can wait, it's a matter of when we get told every day that 'It will be ready tomorrow. Honest!' we start to doubt the ability of the group putting it on to be able to make it work.

Since they are so green at this, I saw the first day cluster coming a mile away, but even I didn't expect this level of utter incompetence.

On the bright side though, if they actually do get it working at some point, by then most people will have given up and moved on so they probably won't go over the 3 simultaneous hits limit that their basement Linux box server can support.

I read a book*, once. It was quite a while ago but bear with me.

This book was called "Last Night A DJ Saved My Life" and charted the rise of nightclubs, DJs, and various forms of "dance" music (soul, disco, house etc.). The early chapters dealt with speakeasys (speakeasies?) and pre-war nightclubs and the like.

The tale of one such nightclub reminds me of this Groupees scenario. The nightclub was based in Paris and the owner knew full well that if she just opened the club without much fanfare, it wouldn't be a hit. So for the first three or four weeks of it being open, she would close the doors and put a big "CLUB FULL" sign up outside about half an hour after opening.

Despite having barely anybody inside, the hype grew and grew and the club was eventually unleashed on unsuspecting Parisians who just had to get involved with The Next Big Thing.

This "will they won't they" hype (of sorts) aint hurting Groupees.

p.s. If you read all that, give yourself a pat on the back and make yourself a cup of tea as a reward :)

* - as it was in a book it definitely happened**
** - details may be sketchy, I read it about eight years ago

[quote name='Flowette']I read a book*, once. It was quite a while ago but bear with me.

This book was called "Last Night A DJ Saved My Life" and charted the rise of nightclubs, DJs, and various forms of "dance" music (soul, disco, house etc.). The early chapters dealt with speakeasys (speakeasies?) and pre-war nightclubs and the like.

The tale of one such nightclub reminds me of this Groupees scenario. The nightclub was based in Paris and the owner knew full well that if she just opened the club without much fanfare, it wouldn't be a hit. So for the first three or four weeks of it being open, she would close the doors and put a big "CLUB FULL" sign up outside about half an hour after opening.

Despite having barely anybody inside, the hype grew and grew and the club was eventually unleashed on unsuspecting Parisians who just had to get involved with The Next Big Thing.

This "will they won't they" hype (of sorts) aint hurting Groupees.

p.s. If you read all that, give yourself a pat on the back and make yourself a cup of tea as a reward :)

* - as it was in a book it definitely happened**
** - details may be sketchy, I read it about eight years ago[/QUOTE]

I love tea! Don't mind if I do!

[quote name='Flowette']This "will they won't they" hype (of sorts) aint hurting Groupees. [/QUOTE]

Really, once the deal is up and people get their product, people will mostly forget about all of this. It isn't like people can get this deal elsewhere...

[quote name='nikkai']Stay in school.

Knowing is the half the battle.[/QUOTE]

Indeed for all intensive purposes you are correct!

On-topic edit: someone confirmed that an account is required for purchase, yes?

[quote name='dfg']Indeed for all intensive purposes you are correct!

On-topic edit: someone confirmed that an account is required for purchase, yes?[/QUOTE]

Your brand of mis-said phrases annoys me.

intense and purposes.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Your brand of mis-said phrases annoys me.

intense and purposes.[/QUOTE]

Almost. Try "intents and purposes". People in glass houses and all that.

[quote name='houseeg']Almost. Try "intents and purposes". People in glass houses and all that.[/QUOTE]

Ow. My pride.

It's so damn odd I got that correction wrong when I just saw the same mistake made while browsing the reddit comment section

/EDIT - Ninja'd twice...guess I shouldn't start a post and get sidetracked with other things. /end edit

Not to get into a grammar/saying battle, but you're joking right?

The saying is "for all intents and purposes" or "for all intensive purposes"

Not "intense and purposes".

Origins comes from 1500's English law originally stating, "to all intents, construction, and purposes."

Please refrain from calling people out for being correct.

AND ON TOPIC: I can't wait for this bundle to finally go live...the games included in the pack are a really good blend, and I've lucked out in not owning any to date. Fingers crossed for a smooth relaunch.

[quote name='houseeg']Almost. Try "intents and purposes". People in glass houses and all that.[/QUOTE]

They get alot of sun?

Irregardless he was trying to help so supposably he should of checked a dictionary, cuz he had nothing to loose. Its not a big deal your just trying to picking a fight their with his problem's.

I'll stop. Hey look! An indie bundle!

Can someone please add a space in the topic title? The long part of the title makes the mobile browser act weird. Thanks

The savings on this bundle are going to be intense, if we ever get to buy it.

intents.png

[quote name='EliotAndrews']I'm interested to see how many more platitudes can be mangled before the bundle launches.

Kudos to the CAG's that are waiting patiently.[/QUOTE]

You keep blathering on about 'waiting patiently' like there is some moral high ground in smiling happily while these people bungle eveything up day after day and keep breaking promises.

We're not looking to be canonized for sainthood. We're cheap asses waiting for a deal that we keep being told:

'Sorry, come back tomorrow.'
'Whoops, our bad. Tomorrow again.'
'Tomorrow. For real this time. I swear!'
'uh, tomorrow?'

I'm happy for you if you think this is an okay way to run a promotion after hyping everyone up about it for weeks (remember, we've already been "waiting patiently" for some time before it even started), but don't get smug about it.

My biggest issue was that before the bundle launched you had these guys sending their cronies over to post the teaser vids and spam, and now that they've bungled it they don't have the courtesy to send over one of their spammers to at least update the status of the bundle.

[quote name='Motoki']You keep blathering on about 'waiting patiently' like there is some moral high ground in smiling happily while these people bungle eveything up day after day and keep breaking promises.[/QUOTE]
I shall now reveal the secret behind my patience: I've had other things to do in the meantime. (For example, jobs and hobbies that don't involve the computer.) Thus, whether a bundle launches or not doesn't change my entire week. (At the absolute least, a real CAG would have games in his or her backlog to do in the meantime.)

It may be more of a "zen" thing than a "high ground" one.

[quote name='dfg']They get alot of sun?

Irregardless he was trying to help so supposably he should of checked a dictionary, cuz he had nothing to loose. Its not a big deal your just trying to picking a fight their with his problem's.

I'll stop. Hey look! An indie bundle![/QUOTE]

I love this guy... I think he's an internet grammar troll just having a laugh, gents. "Irregardless"? Come on.

[quote name='midloo']I love this guy... I think he's an internet grammar troll just having a laugh, gents. "Irregardless"? Come on.[/QUOTE]

6270l.jpg

[quote name='EliotAndrews']I shall now reveal the secret behind my patience: I've had other things to do in the meantime. (For example, jobs and hobbies that don't involve the computer.) Thus, whether a bundle launches or not doesn't change my entire week. (At the absolute least, a real CAG would have games in his or her backlog to do in the meantime.)

It may be more of a "zen" thing than a "high ground" one.[/QUOTE]

I have other things to do too, which is why I wasn't one of the people hitting F5 100 times a minute the second the bundle went live on the first day and barely managed to squeeze their order in before the servers imploded.

I have limited time to check into this and what I am finding is every day I come back to check and either the damned page doesn't load or it finally does and I get a message to come back the next day.

Anyway, I like the cliches and platitudes in this thread. They are more entertaining then getting 404 Not Found on a web page. :p

[quote name='Motoki']I have other things to do too, which is why I wasn't one of the people hitting F5 100 times a minute the second the bundle went live on the first day and barely managed to squeeze their order in before the servers imploded.

I have limited time to check into this and what I am finding is every day I come back to check and either the damned page doesn't load or it finally does and I get a message to come back the next day.

Anyway, I like the cliches and platitudes in this thread. They are more entertaining then getting 404 Not Found on a web page. :p[/QUOTE]

If it makes you feel any better I didnt hit F5 i got through on my iPhone and ordered on the first day. No wifi, 3G in the bathroom at work. To top it all off I played one of the games for like 2 minutes and haven't even touched the others.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']If it makes you feel any better I didnt hit F5 i got through on my iPhone and ordered on the first day. No wifi, 3G in the bathroom at work. To top it all off I played one of the games for like 2 minutes and haven't even touched the others.[/QUOTE]

Wait...we're supposed to play these games?

P.S. I like the kitty in your avatar.

[quote name='The End']Wait...we're supposed to play these games?[/QUOTE]

Indie game bundles are my Skylanders and this particular bundle has become my purple glitter legendary I can't seem to find.

[quote name='dfg']Irregardless he was trying to help so supposably he should of checked a dictionary, cuz he had nothing to loose. Its not a big deal your just trying to picking a fight their with his problem's.[/QUOTE]

You made me cry.

New tweet from groupees1: "hi there, thanks for giving us a shout out. the bundle will be live in a few days, were getting more server space at the moment"

In a few days! This is so much more entertaining than if we just bought them on Tuesday!

[quote name='pantsattack']New tweet from groupees1: "hi there, thanks for giving us a shout out. the bundle will be live in a few days, were getting more server space at the moment"

In a few days! This is so much more entertaining than if we just bought them on Tuesday![/QUOTE]
So it was originally planned for Tuesday then delayed to Wednesday then Friday and now it's a few days. :roll:

[quote name='The End']Wait...we're supposed to play these games?

P.S. I like the kitty in your avatar.[/QUOTE]

Tent kitty is sick. His illness is putting a dent in my game budget :(

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Indie game bundles are my Skylanders and this particular bundle has become my purple glitter legendary I can't seem to find.[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha I look at then kinda like Pokemon. Theyre my bundlemon. Gotta catch em all

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Indie game bundles are my Skylanders and this particular bundle has become my purple glitter legendary I can't seem to find.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Tent kitty is sick. His illness is putting a dent in my game budget :([/QUOTE]

Poor tent kitty.

[quote name='pantsattack']New tweet from groupees1: "hi there, thanks for giving us a shout out. the bundle will be live in a few days, were getting more server space at the moment"

In a few days! This is so much more entertaining than if we just bought them on Tuesday![/QUOTE]

Forget this bundle, I want a Groupees game!

The goal can be to see just how badly you can screw a project up.

[quote name='Motoki']Forget this bundle, I want a Groupees game!

The goal can be to see just how badly you can screw a project up.[/QUOTE]

Yes, a Groupees game would be great, and you would get to vote for:

Type of Game:
Invisible
Imaginary

Genre:
Delayed
Duke Nukem

It would be made in 60 hours (in 5 minute intervals every morning at 5:00AM ET for the next 10 years).

For donating 1000 or more you would get the URL to the website where the game is available. 10,000 or more gets you a response to a tweet.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yes, a Groupees game would be great, and you would get to vote for:

Type of Game:
Invisible
Imaginary

Genre:
Delayed
Duke Nukem

It would be made in 60 hours (in 5 minute intervals every morning at 5:00AM ET for the next 10 years).

For donating 1000 or more you would get the URL to the website where the game is available. 10,000 or more gets you a response to a tweet.[/QUOTE]

i don't know if it belongs in the Duke Nukem category YET. Maybe Diablo 3

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yes, a Groupees game would be great, and you would get to vote for:

Type of Game:
Invisible
Imaginary

Genre:
Delayed
Duke Nukem

I hope they'll do a good job, for all cat-tents and porpoises

For donating 1000 or more you would get the URL to the website where the game is available. 10,000 or more gets you a response to a tweet.[/QUOTE]

Personally I can't wait to see the exciting FMV intro for the game, which will be a stock imovie background with text. Naturally, it will have terrible english as well.

At least that's my opinion, for all cat-tents and porpoises.

It sounds like Monday at the earliest.

From twitter: "Monday will be the earliest... We'll keep you posted. Thanks for your interest. Once we launch sale will run the full 2 weeks"

[quote name='Das_Regal']It sounds like Monday at the earliest.

From twitter: "Monday will be the earliest... We'll keep you posted. Thanks for your interest. Once we launch sale will run the full 2 weeks"[/QUOTE]

Wow... the earliest...lol.. at least it will run a full two weeks from the day that it actually goes live for longer than a few minutes.

I mean all these guys had to do was set up an order page and an automated system to process orders and email info/set up purchase page once ordered.

They presumably had this system in place at launch so then all they had to do was switch hosts to company that could handle the necessary traffic (or upgrade their current hosting plan).

This must not be a full time job for them.

I love how their like 'Eff this! We're taking the weekend off'

Anyway, some of the angry comments on their Facebook page are hilarious so at least I am getting some entertainment from this elusive bundle.

I don't see why people are angry, since it's not as if any of us are obligated to buy into these things, but it is comical that a precedent has been set by Humble, Royale, and Gala and this program was still hammered into the ground. Of course you're gonna stir up interest when you're throwing a pack of games out there for chump change.

I wonder if they still plan to call it the "Be Mine" bundle? Might as well gun for "Boxing Day Bundle" if they're gonna be that far off the mark.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Now they are saying Monday at the earliest. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU[/QUOTE]

Considering I'm going to be at Katsucon all weekend, I wasn't going to get to it until then anyways.

bread's done
Back