Be Mine Indie Game Bundle (PayWhatYouWant, 5 games + music + xtras)

[quote name='kiwimonster']I give up and this fucking bundle what a joke piece of shit server they are running.[/QUOTE]

And this is after they upgraded their servers three times and did a fake out surprise relaunch in the middle of the night Saturday when they told everyone Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone have any luck downloading the files? I received the codes for Steam, but would like to download the files and play on my travel laptop.

I'm getting:
"
Heroku | No such app

There is no app configured at that hostname.
Perhaps the app owner has renamed it, or you mistyped the URL.

"

Is it down?

Edit: To elaborate, is the site down or closed down?

Man, the site's going through quite a bit of trouble. Just for the sake of checking up on things, I visited the bundle page this afternoon and found it working. I was able to donate, get the codes, and apply them to my Steam account. My advice for other CAG's would be to just simply wait until Monday. Otherwise, just check up from time to time. I doubt the bundle would end early, since it had so much trouble launching in the first place.

At the very least, I, as well as other CAG's, can vouch for the bundle's legitimacy.

Heh, no guarantee they'll have things working Monday, either. Best advice is to check the site around the middle of the night (Pacific time).

Note that in the live comments some people are saying they are getting used keys or that Xotic is the only key showing up on their purchase page. I feel sorry for the developers that tied themselves to this Groupees outfit who are clearly a very low budget operation.

Some of the comments are saying the keys have shown up later.

Regardless, it seems pretty hokey to me. I seriously doubt I'll ever buy anything through them again.

[quote name='Mooby']Note that in the live comments some people are saying they are getting used keys or that Xotic is the only key showing up on their purchase page. I feel sorry for the developers that tied themselves to this Groupees outfit who are clearly a very low budget operation.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Xotic is the only key I got. I hope the page works when it decides to show me the rest of my keys.... Its sad such a good bundle of games had to be executed so poorly... Very unimpressed with this operation

[quote name='smthng']Some of the comments are saying the keys have shown up later.

Regardless, it seems pretty hokey to me. I seriously doubt I'll ever buy anything through them again.[/QUOTE]

Did they say how long it took to show up?

Guess it doesn't matter, site is down again.

[quote name='shaggyc']Did they say how long it took to show up?[/QUOTE]

I saw one that said an hour and a half... but I suspect it'll be significantly longer this time since I suspect they hosed up the keys so much that they'll have to work with Valve to fix it.

[quote name='smthng']I saw one that said an hour and a half... but I suspect it'll be significantly longer this time since I suspect they hosed up the keys so much that they'll have to work with Valve to fix it.[/QUOTE]

Well... as long as I do get keys eventually I'll be fine. I have enough of a backlog I don't need any of these right now. I do wish the ball was the code I got. After just finishing Mass Effect 2 I do need something else to jump into and I'd probably go for that one instantly

Got it, except only key they gave me is Xotic. What a joke, if you are out of keys at least say so on the page if more are coming or not. This is the most horribly mismanaged bundle ever.

[quote name='xRidley']Got it, except only key they gave me is Xotic. What a joke, if you are out of keys at least say so on the page if more are coming or not. This is the most horribly mismanaged bundle ever.[/QUOTE]

That's saying something considering that Indie Gala is one of the competitors for that coveted title. But I think Groupies might just have eclipsed them at this point.

I got all the keys for my bundle, except for Xotic DLC - though I haven't noticed anyone who does have that, so I'm not going to sweat it. No duplicates either. My one problem, though, is that I gifted this to my sister and she apparently didn't get an email, not even in the junk folder. Gotta hope for the best from support, then.

My keys finally all showed up.

The Xotic DLC is not yet available, as it's not released yet. When the developer releases it, that's when we supposedly get it.

What a fiasco. I'm done with Groupees. They make Humble look like geniuses.

[quote name='smthng']My keys finally all showed up.

The Xotic DLC is not yet available, as it's not released yet. When the developer releases it, that's when we supposedly get it.

What a fiasco. I'm done with Groupees. They make Humble look like geniuses.[/QUOTE]

I was under the impression at least one pack was already available. My bad, if not.

Donated and all the keys registered with no problems (minus the Xotic DLC key not being up yet).

BTW "Be Mine" and "Indie" should be added to the thread title (would help a lot with title search).

Yeah my keys finally showed up. it was a pain in the ass... I would still probably buy another bundle from them if its a good as this one. Just hope they get their act together

[quote name='The End']There is one dlc available for purchase, but according this post from a guy who's talked to a CSR from groupees, the devs haven't released the codes for the DLC to them yet.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=29293843&postcount=903[/QUOTE]

Well if you want a more direct source, the developer himself also says so:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=29307343&postcount=23

[quote name='Pyronious']The first DLC pack just shipped a few days ago and we are still waiting for a batch of codes to distribute to the Groupees bundle owners. As soon as it comes in I'll get them off to Groupees and they'll appear on the downloads page.[/QUOTE]

It sounds like the holdup is Valve generating the codes so in this case I can't actually blame Groupees (a first!) however they really should have been more clear on the time frame of the DLC or at least the fact that it is not available yet and not just missing.

at around 3 pm Eastern, I was able to get into the site with no problem with regular chrome, and all of my keys showed up properly and all registered fine. But sounds like they still haven't fixed it up properly.

But, their site looks terrible. Some of the worst layout I've run into for any of these bundles. but decent games at least.

i just pitched in, and purchased this bundle...i wanted to warm up with Ball while I dl'ed the others but my key is too long! i can enter a 5-4-5 char string in the setup, but the key online is 5-5-5 chars deep.

could someone please pm me the middle set? (if this is just one universal key, and not generated for every purchase).

Ordered my bundle, got all the keys right away and all worked fine. Just thought I'd bump this since it seems they've finally got themselves on track. Also, it's kind of cool that they're giving away prizes for the top 2 donors.

Also, link since it's not in the OP

http://groupees.com/bemine

[quote name='tylerh1701']Ordered my bundle, got all the keys right away and all worked fine. Just thought I'd bump this since it seems they've finally got themselves on track. Also, it's kind of cool that they're giving away prizes for the top 2 donors.

Also, link since it's not in the OP

http://groupees.com/bemine[/QUOTE]

Thanks,

finally ordered bundle. Better late then never.

Finally got the page to load and put in my donation. Got my keys and registered everything easily. Only took a few minutes. Still seems like there having server issues though.

[quote name='mokmoof']Looks like the Xotic DLC codes are up.[/QUOTE]
Good looks.

I wonder if the other 2 DLCs will be added automatically or if new codes will be distributed.

[quote name='M_F_A_H']Good looks.

I wonder if the other 2 DLCs will be added automatically or if new codes will be distributed.[/QUOTE]

When I redeemed the code it said something like Xotic DLC Bundle - Retail. So I assume it's one key for all of them.

Thanks for the heads up on the DLC. I'm at work but I grabbed my DLC key and emailed it to myself because I don't trust their site to still be up by the time I get home. :p

Goal #2 was 100K before today. Goal #1 originally was 25,000, BTW.

Oh and Joe Duck, could you put a link to the bundle in the first post and put some spaces in the topic title?

[quote name='The End']Oh and Joe Duck, could you put a link to the bundle in the first post and put some spaces in the topic title?[/QUOTE]
I'd like to also request changing the topic title to specify "Groupees" and/or "Be Mine" instead of just "New 5 game bundle".

Yeah the initial goals were extremely unrealistic. Not sure a fish tank screen saver thing is going to attract a lot of people, either.

[quote name='Bios Element']I can only hope their 75k goal is a joke...[/QUOTE]

I know someone on the Groupees team, and they want to offer some different things for goal incentives than simply yet another game. Bonus games are often less good than the core offerings (or simply a repeat of the last bundle). Meh in my book. While the virtual aquarium idea may not get everyone excited here, I really like the direction they're going with this (and having seen and used the special Dream Aquarium, it is really slick and kinda fun too--you can feed the fish).

Insider info... they've got an exclusive release of an indie film as an incentive for their next bundle coming up end of March. New & different nongame > a game i already have/don't want

[quote name='marsilies']I'd like to also request changing the topic title to specify "Groupees" and/or "Be Mine" instead of just "New 5 game bundle".[/QUOTE]

Done and done.

[quote name='JoeDuck']Insider info... they've got an exclusive release of an indie film as an incentive for their next bundle coming up end of March. New & different nongame > a game i already have/don't want[/QUOTE]

That's...actually pretty cool.

Groupees Be Mine Bundle has broken $50,000, unlocking the Goal 2 bonus: 5 music albums. They are:
  • THE BALL OST
  • BEEP OST
  • SPECIAL FANTOMENK EP
  • SPECIAL CELLDWELLER EP
  • SPECIAL DAMAGE VAULT EP

If you previously purchased the bundle, you can download these additions by logging into your account on the site and going to your downloads page.

[quote name='marsilies']Groupees Be Mine Bundle has broken $50,000, unlocking the Goal 2 bonus: 5 music albums. They are:
  • THE BALL OST
  • BEEP OST
  • SPECIAL FANTOMENK EP
  • SPECIAL CELLDWELLER EP
  • SPECIAL DAMAGE VAULT EP

If you previously purchased the bundle, you can download these additions by logging into your account on the site and going to your downloads page.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the notice. A bit confused as to why the OSTs aren't zipped like the EPs, but they are free.

Decided to go in on this bundle since there weren't any gimmicks like "donate over the average for more games." That's the main thing holding me off of Indie Gala 2, though their average price is dropping quite a bit somehow.

bread's done
Back