Be Mine Indie Game Bundle (PayWhatYouWant, 5 games + music + xtras)

So the 3rd goal is Dream Aquarium? I guess I could use a nice screen saver. It's not lightfish, like some people thought it'd be lol.

[quote name='kodave']Decided to go in on this bundle since there weren't any gimmicks like "donate over the average for more games." That's the main thing holding me off of Indie Gala 2, though their average price is dropping quite a bit somehow.[/QUOTE]

I think things like donating over the average is okay since it's easy to understand. The Indie Gala 2 is just plain confusing what with the multiple tiers and gift bundles. They should have just clearly displayed what was in each tier instead of using the limiting, horizontally scrolling bars. Having said that, I did buy the biggest bundle and got two extra gift bundles last week.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']I think things like donating over the average is okay since it's easy to understand. The Indie Gala 2 is just plain confusing what with the multiple tiers and gift bundles. They should have just clearly displayed what was in each tier instead of using the limiting, horizontally scrolling bars. Having said that, I did buy the biggest bundle and got two extra gift bundles last week.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Indie Gala 2 isn't exactly "donate over the average" like Humble Bundle. I don't even consider the highest tier because I already have Gala Bundle 1 and don't care about any extra soundtracks. So for my purposes I consider the price for their 2nd tier on Gala Bundle 2 their "average" I have to beat just to get one more game I'll probably never play.

But you're correct that Gala 2's pricing structure is a little confusing which is only exacerbated by the horizontal bar listing system which is terrible.

I really wish I could increase my donation amount. I don't know if anyone else is having that problem, and I'd really not purchase another bundle.

I actually had contact with their CEO when I had some issues with gift keys not actually being sent out, and alerted him to the bug. Still haven't heard back, or maybe it is just something on my end :/

*Edited to add: I just checked again and Indie Royale doesn't use the word "average" at all so that's my misinterpretation. Still, it's an easy mistake to make if you are used to Humble Bundles and I still think their system is confusing and counter intuitive.

-----

[quote name='NeoGutsman']I think things like donating over the average is okay since it's easy to understand.[/QUOTE]

Except that donating above average brings the average down which is counter-intuitive. Also if you pay the "average" the average doesn't stay the same, it goes up.

http://www.indieroyale.com/faq#pricechanges

As people buy the bundle, the minimum price for the bundle rises, and you'll have to pay over this amount if you want to purchase a bundle of your own. However, people can also pay over the minimum amount to knock the price down (see the question above for details on that). Hence, the current price will keep changing as the week goes on!

[quote name='xRidley']Got it, except only key they gave me is Xotic. What a joke, if you are out of keys at least say so on the page if more are coming or not. This is the most horribly mismanaged bundle ever.[/QUOTE]
so i missed the deal?? looks like i will have to trade for a steam key
pm me if you have extra

[quote name='drobaby']so i missed the deal?? looks like i will have to trade for a steam key
pm me if you have extra[/QUOTE]

No that was just some system error they were having. The bundle is still active. If by chance you don't get all your keys just contact them.

[quote name='Motoki']No that was just some system error they were having. The bundle is still active. If by chance you don't get all your keys just contact them.[/QUOTE]thanks i just got it

[quote name='aa.jetta']I really wish I could increase my donation amount. I don't know if anyone else is having that problem, and I'd really not purchase another bundle.

I actually had contact with their CEO when I had some issues with gift keys not actually being sent out, and alerted him to the bug. Still haven't heard back, or maybe it is just something on my end :/[/QUOTE]

When I click on "donate more" it brings me back to the homepage. Maybe they don't want more money? :cold:

[quote name='M_F_A_H']When I click on "donate more" it brings me back to the homepage. Maybe they don't want more money? :cold:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had the same exact issue. Like I said, I did report it and got a reply that they are now aware of the bug. Doesn't mean they will actually fix it though. I kind of feel bad now that I did not really donate that much because I was afraid of having issues with keys since the site was going up and down like a yo-yo (which I did, however they did make good on it, good support from them).

Is there a list of all the different charity indie bundles that are offered?
So far I've got bookmarked:
Groupees (this one)
Humble Bundle
Indie Royale
Indie Gala
Little Big Bunch

Any others?

I know there was the Indie Bundle, but I don't know if that will be doing anything else. Seems defunct. Anyone have any info?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='zubalove']Is there a list of all the different charity indie bundles that are offered?
So far I've got bookmarked:
Groupees (this one)
Humble Bundle
Indie Royale
Indie Gala

Any others?

I know there was the Indie Bundle, but I don't know if that will be doing anything else. Seems defunct. Anyone have any info?[/QUOTE] if there are more could you guys post a link?

[quote name='stapleking']5 for $5 Bundle: http://www.buygamesnotsocks.com/
Little Big Bunch: http://www.getgamesgo.com/little-big-bunch
Indie Face Kick: http://indie.gamingallthetime.com/
Bundle in a Box: http://www.kyttarogames.com/?page_id=16[/QUOTE]

There's also an Adventure Games Bake Sale Bundle

http://agsbakesale.com/

Name your price, min $1.50, 14 indie adventure games. AFAIK none are Steam activatible. From what I understand, they are only running it 'through February' so if anyone wants it I'd hop on it soon.

Hmm, seems unlikely to make that much more this late in the game but I suppose anything is possible.

In my opinion, if they hadn't bungled things so badly in the beginning (and when I say beginning I'm talking like a week here) they might be at or over that amount now.

It's kind of sad that, considering 20% goes to charity, this above-average-quality bundle of games is only raking in $55,000.

Granted, the launch was pure buffoonery but I'm over that.

[quote name='M_F_A_H']It's kind of sad that, considering 20% goes to charity, this above-average-quality bundle of games is only raking in $55,000.

Granted, the launch was pure buffoonery but I'm over that.[/QUOTE]

Meanwhile the Humble Mojang Bundle which was utter crap (there, I said it) made close to a half a mil.

With less than 48 hours to go, in order to reach the $75,000 goal, they'd need to rake in, on average almost $400 per hour or about $7 per minute. It's pretty safe to say that's not happening at this point.

I wrote a more detailed response, but let's just say...hopefully these guys can get their act together better in the future. The potential is definitely there, execution could use a lot of work.

Even if they had their act together from day one; as a first time bundle they initially set their goal plateaus unrealistically high. Didn't the first Indie Gala only make $20,000 or so?

Well, they are in the 50K range so far, almost 60K. I think their problem is more disorganization than anything else. For example, when they added the new benefits how did we find out? We read a post here, so that means how many people who already bought the bundle know about being able to get PAM at 75K? They didn't even send an email to us who bought the bundle to let us know we could donate more and try to raise the goal to unlock the new benefits.

[quote name='Mooby']Even if they had their act together from day one; as a first time bundle they initially set their goal plateaus unrealistically high. Didn't the first Indie Gala only make $20,000 or so?[/QUOTE]

I think gala 1 made about $72,000. And they had a minimum bid of $.01 for most of the bundle's run. It was only after the steam holiday sale that they upped the minimum. Plus the games in Gala 1 were pretty mediocre (at lest in comparison to Be Mine bundle).

If those fools at indie gala could make 72K on their first bundle with that collection of games and their .01 minimum, the Be mine bundle should have been able to hit the 75K mark. Lets face it, the problems they had in the beginning are almost completely responsible for how little they've earned on this bundle. I know people who said that they donated considerably less than they would have if they had only had their **** together.

Ha! I didn't know about the PAM goal until just now and thanks to this thread. That's just silly.

I thought the fish in the first video was a placeholder for something fish related. Screensavers are almost in the realm of mouse pads at this point.

This bundle should have done better. The only way I even knew about it was from this forum. I never saw any promotion at all for it.

[quote name='The End']I know people who said that they donated considerably less than they would have if they had only had their **** together.[/QUOTE]

I'll be honest, I was going to give at least 5 but ended giving 1 because the execution was such a hot mess. I'm sure I'm not the only one who did that either.

[quote name='Motoki']I'll be honest, I was going to give at least 5 but ended giving 1 because the execution was such a hot mess. I'm sure I'm not the only one who did that either.[/QUOTE]

I'll second that.

[quote name='Bios Element']I'll second that.[/QUOTE]

I'll third it. People were reporting invalid codes and the site was going down so often I had no faith in them to invest more.

It appears that they've extended the bundle by 48 hours. plus they're including Dream Aquarium & PAM with all orders made from this point forward. Old orders don't get those bonuses unless they hit 75,000.

Correction: The bonus that new purchases get is random. Some people will get Dream Aquarium, others will get PAM.

Correction #2: Now it looks like they're giving the bonuses to older buyers as well. At least, they're listed on my download page right now.

[quote name='The End']Old orders don't get those bonuses unless they hit 75,000.[/QUOTE]
I was just about to rant about how excluding older purchases isn't the right way to do things, but made sure I checked my key page first!

They're both (PAM and Dream Aquarium) available for older purchases too AFAIK. Also, I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but the Xotic DLC key is up.

...donate more button still doesn't seem to work though.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Neat. The "Be Mine Indie Bundle Special Edition" of Dream Aquarium is apparently the demo. Says 7 species of fish to choose from, while the full version has 23. Even downloads the same .exe if you download the demo from Dream Aquarium themselves.
http://www.dreamaquarium.com/download_xp.html[/QUOTE]

so the be mine bundle gave us a demo?? of the fish game?

Just got PAM too, thanks for the heads up. Has anyone figured out how to pay more? It just redirects me to the home page like everyone else.

[quote name='kojiro']I went and looked at my order page, but there was nothing new on it.[/QUOTE]

You're right, it's gone from my page as well. Good thing I took a screenshot before I refreshed the page.

[quote name='kojiro']I went and looked at my order page, but there was nothing new on it.[/QUOTE]

Same here. What gives?

[quote name='The End']It appears that they've extended the bundle by 48 hours. plus they're including Dream Aquarium & PAM with all orders made from this point forward. Old orders don't get those bonuses unless they hit 75,000.

Correction: The bonus that new purchases get is random. Some people will get Dream Aquarium, others will get PAM.

Correction #2: Now it looks like they're giving the bonuses to older buyers as well. At least, they're listed on my download page right now.[/QUOTE]

They're not listed on my download page, I purchased the bundle within the first few minutes of the bundle going live. Oh and LOL if the screensaver ends up being a demo. I don't like how they're giving out the new bonuses for new purchases but not old ones, should be the other way around like the Humble Bundles are done, but I can understand why they're doing it that way.. they're trying to get more people to buy it which may end up backfiring.

[quote name='sunghost']They're not listed on my download page, I purchased the bundle within the first few minutes of the bundle going live. Oh and LOL if the screensaver ends up being a demo. I don't like how they're giving out the new bonuses for new purchases but not old ones, should be the other way around like the Humble Bundles are done, but I can understand why they're doing it that way.. they're trying to get more people to buy it which may end up backfiring.[/QUOTE]

Some quick math and why what they're doing is a bad idea:

• $75,000 - $57,612.79 = $17,387.21 to goal
  • $17,387.21 / 78.4 hours left = $221.78 per hour
  • $221.78 / 60 minutes = each new customer must pay an average of $3.70 every minute to make goal
  • Taking a dump on everyone who has supported you so far by excluding them from extras = priceless

A better solution:
Do the right thing, fix your "donate more" button, e-mail blast and just give everyone who has purchased so far PAM and the demo aquarium screensaver...or better yet, a non-demo one instead!

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']lol... mine is gone too... but I already activated and installed PAM on steam...lol[/QUOTE]

Same here. Good thing I snapped it up instantly I guess.

What a mess indeed. :( Tiered incentives if done right are pretty cool. But not retroactively giving people bonuses but giving them to new purchasers is not good form at all. That and what seems to be a bonus that's actually a demo is unfortunate.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']What a mess indeed. :( Tiered incentives if done right are pretty cool. But not retroactively giving people bonuses but giving them to new purchasers is not good form at all. That and what seems to be a bonus that's actually a demo is unfortunate.[/QUOTE]

It's not only unfortunate, it's downright shady if it was meant to be a demo. I'm thinking it was probably a glitch/mistake and we'll get the full version of the screensaver.

[quote name='sunghost']It's not only unfortunate, it's downright shady if it was meant to be a demo. I'm thinking it was probably a glitch/mistake and we'll get the full version of the screensaver.[/QUOTE]

Except that the description of the screensaver from the Be Mine bundle page describes the demo version.

"Dream Aquarium

More than just a screensaver, it’s a virtual aquarium! The Dream Aquarium Be Mine Limited Edition includes 7 species to choose from, up to 25 fish per tank, with savable aquariums."

Why would they advertise the demo version as a goal 3 bonus if we're getting the full version? Unless this is just another example of their ineptness in handling this bundle.

[quote name='The End']Except that the description of the screensaver from the Be Mine bundle page describes the demo version.

Why would they advertise the demo version as a goal 3 bonus if we're getting the full version? Unless this is just another example of their ineptness in handling this bundle.[/QUOTE]

They could've made a mistake in their wording of the description, no idea really. I don't see the point of giving us a demo, unless it was a joke or they're trolling us lol. Either way this has been the worst handled indie bundle to date.

[quote name='sunghost']They could've made a mistake in their wording of the description, no idea really. I don't see the point of giving us a demo, unless it was a joke or they're trolling us lol. Either way this has been the worst handled indie bundle to date.[/QUOTE]

Whether or not it was badly handled, it is still a pretty darn good bundle.

I don't care much for PAM, since I own it.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Gamespot gave PAM like a 3/10. I think I will just give it away lol.[/QUOTE]

I'll gladly take it if you're giving it away ;). I didn't make out with a key in time from when they had the "glitch".

bread's done
Back