Best Buy: 007 Legends PS3 & 360 $5/ Prototype 2 360 deal is dead no more!

I can't seem to find my gamer magazine in my junk email inbox.

1. Does anyone know the date it was sent?

2. Also, are all of the codes individually numbered?

3. I know the codes can only be used once by a BB gamer member. If I am also a BB gamer member, can I use someone else's code even if its already been redeemed since my account hasn't used a code yet?

Any help is appreciated.
1. I received it on 10/8 as well, I found it by searching my email for "coupons".

2. Codes are unique.

3. I think the code can be used on any account that is at least a free "gamers club" member. I just used it on my 2nd account because I was having issues with my primary and my 2nd account is not GCU. So 100% confirmed you don't need to be GCU to use code.

I also haven't received any of my @gamer coupons since my digital subscription started in Sept.  I opened a ticket with the @game cs.  The CSR did tell me that I could access my digital magazines on the reward zone website.  I asked her how but she didn't know.  Can anyone confirm this or do I have to wait until I receive the email to obtain my coupons?

I was just able to pick up a copy of 007 Legends for PS3 in store using the physical coupon for free with no issues. They did not have any copies of Prototype 2 though.

I also haven't received any of my @gamer coupons since my digital subscription started in Sept. I opened a ticket with the @game cs. The CSR did tell me that I could access my digital magazines on the reward zone website. I asked her how but she didn't know. Can anyone confirm this or do I have to wait until I receive the email to obtain my coupons?
You can't access your magazine via Rewards site. You get an email with a link to your issue. As for your other problem, you should have received a digital "Welcome Pack" with a few coupons a couple business days after you signed up, or renewed. I didn't get mine either, so I went to Best Buy Unboxed and created a thread about my issue there. A BB employee messaged me that he would look into it. A couple days later, he had ressolve the problem, and emailed me a Welcome Pack. That might be something you should do.

My pick up for 007 legends is ready. Plan on going to a different best buy that has it in stock on my lunch break to use the physical coupon.

I am a BB Gamer Member and was able to view the digital magazine.

Pg 24-25 have the coupons but how can I view the codes?

I don't have my email from BB that has a direct link to the coupons.

How do I access the coupons from the digital magazine?

thanks.

I don't have my email from BB that has a direct link to the coupons.

thanks.
You can't, unfortunately. Have to have the e-mail in order to go for the deals.

I don't have my email from BB that has a direct link to the coupons.

thanks.
The email that had a link to the magazine should have also had a link to the coupons (below the link to the magazine). Only way to access them. Others have reported that BB Forum mods, who usually rock, can't even get you copies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coincidentally I'd just like to say if Best Buy had given me a free $5 certificate like everybody else I'd have bought Prototype last week for $5 lmao. Thanks BB ;)

Oh wow, I'm sure this has been mentioned already, but 007 trades in for $12 at BB, $18 if you trade in store.  I'm sure they'll nuke that value soon and I don't have a chance to get to a Best Buy today so I'll just lock in the $12 TIV online.  Sweet!

and here comes the coupon begging lmao. i bet alot of the beggers arent even gamer unlocked members and if they arent the couon wont work anyway. how hard is it to pay 15 a year ???????? a simple lil flip to bestbuy can cover that cost

Thanks OP!!! Got both of them ordered online. Anyways this is the second time I try buying something online at BestBuy and have to use the mobile website cause my order won't go through online on my computer :/

Oh wow, I'm sure this has been mentioned already, but 007 trades in for $12 at BB, $18 if you trade in store. I'm sure they'll nuke that value soon and I don't have a chance to get to a Best Buy today so I'll just lock in the $12 TIV online. Sweet!
It is listed as $11 (360) and $10 (PS3) on the Gamestop thread but I think it was a month or two since the date reported.

Physical coupons worked without a hitch.  The games rang up at sale price, and as soon as the second coupon was scanned the transaction completed automatically and spit out my receipt.

If anyone using physical coupons gets any shit about using them, just point to the provision on the coupon that says "Markdowns taken from current pricing." and have them scan it.

There are 4-5 copies of :360: 007 Legends and one Radnet copy of :360: Prototype 2 left at the Maple Grove, MN location.  I didn't check for :ps3: versions.

Anyone feeling generous and willing to part with either coupon?  :razz: Prototype isn't worth anything anyway, I just want to play it. 

Maybe someone that already has one or both of these games. Or that just doesn't want to bother actually PLAYING them? I realize that you can trade it in for TIV, but I could lock in the TIV and paypal 100% of whatever I lock the trade in for. I just want to blow through the games, not interested in flipping. Would that be worth a positive trading feedback to someone? 

Came back from Best Buy. After ringing up both games I was supposed to be given back $6.xx in cash so the cashier had to get a manager over. Manager told her to just manually adjust the coupon down to match the sale price and to separate each game into their own transactions. I ended up paying $1.75 in sales tax.

I also tried to renew my Gamer's Club Unlocked membership while there. Apparently after searching through their computer system and escalating the issue to a manager, I was informed that Gamer's Club Unlocked currently does not exist and they will be relaunching the program alongside the release of the new consoles. I had been My Gamer's Club Free Member for awhile but had been still getting the magazines in the mail.

and here comes the coupon begging lmao. i bet alot of the beggers arent even gamer unlocked members and if they arent the couon wont work anyway. how hard is it to pay 15 a year ???????? a simple lil flip to bestbuy can cover that cost
Most of the time (recently anyway) it hasn't been worth it, especially if you don't do much "flipping".

However free is free, so of course as long as this actually works it does almost pay for the membership on it's own. But this is the first time in a long while I've actually seen an @GAMER deal that makes me miss the old magazines. (I actually NEVER bothered subscribing, would just pick up the magazine whenever a deal was good enough).

Is this still working?  I have the coupon codes, and I'm logged in to BB, but I can't for the life of me figure out where to put the promo code in...

So you would have to have already subscribed to get these coupons and they are not in the physical magazine in store ?
I think they did away with the physical magazine awhile ago? I think they've had pamphlets for awhile now - that may or may not have the current coupons in them. The last time a deal tempted me the guy couldn't even find those pamphlets to sign up. So I just left. Not sure if it's still the same way.

I think they did away with the physical magazine awhile ago? I think they've had pamphlets for awhile now - that may or may not have the current coupons in them. The last time a deal tempted me the guy couldn't even find those pamphlets to sign up. So I just left. Not sure if it's still the same way.
They haven't had the physical mag instore since last winter/spring, and the latest coupon pamphlet that I've seen is the one from May? with Castlevania on the front.

Oh wow, I'm sure this has been mentioned already, but 007 trades in for $12 at BB, $18 if you trade in store. I'm sure they'll nuke that value soon and I don't have a chance to get to a Best Buy today so I'll just lock in the $12 TIV online. Sweet!
Oh c'mon. That they're even giving away games is obscene enough. You can play them, trade them into Gamestop or Amazon, but don't sell it back to them. They can't be thrilled about giving away free products as it is. If they ban you from shopping with them, you're not going to have anyone to blame but yourself. Is that really worth $12?

Oh c'mon. That they're even giving away games is obscene enough. You can play them, trade them into Gamestop or Amazon, but don't sell it back to them. They can't be thrilled about giving away free products as it is. If they ban you from shopping with them, you're not going to have anyone to blame but yourself. Is that really worth $12?
$18.

And yes.

Came back from Best Buy. After ringing up both games I was supposed to be given back $6.xx in cash so the cashier had to get a manager over. Manager told her to just manually adjust the coupon down to match the sale price and to separate each game into their own transactions. I ended up paying $1.75 in sales tax.

I also tried to renew my Gamer's Club Unlocked membership while there. Apparently after searching through their computer system and escalating the issue to a manager, I was informed that Gamer's Club Unlocked currently does not exist and they will be relaunching the program alongside the release of the new consoles. I had been My Gamer's Club Free Member for awhile but had been still getting the magazines in the mail.
Well BestBuy is not a supermarket where sometimes they do give you cash if the coupons stack properly but barely ever happens.

You were suppose to get the games for free and not pay tax since it's free. You're also not suppose to get money back from them so forget about that $6 or any money back next time.

GCU is relaunching Nov. 11th so they are not allowing anyone to renew or get a membership until than.

They haven't had the physical mag instore since last winter/spring, and the latest coupon pamphlet that I've seen is the one from May? with Castlevania on the front.
I thought the same thing. The BB employee and their forums also stated there was no more physical copy.

But just today I was telling my cousin about this deal and he said he only gets the physical magazine and not the electronic version. I was pretty surprised.

However, it was probably more beneficial for me to have the electronic one since none of the stores near me have these games and I was able to use the online code to buy it. Other than that, I don't think I've read a single issue just because I don't like reading them on my PC or iPad.

This is why I hate physical copies by the time I get to a BBY it'll probably be all gone. I hope my next copy is digital since I renewed first week of Sept and my GCU expires Sept 14.

I thought the same thing. The BB employee and their forums also stated there was no more physical copy.

But just today I was telling my cousin about this deal and he said he only gets the physical magazine and not the electronic version. I was pretty surprised.
I still get physical too. Anyone who renewed before March of this year will keep getting the physical mag if they opted in. They stopped carrying the physical mags instore a long time ago though, so you can't get one upon renewal or buy one separately.

I'm still getting a physical copy, but I think this is the last month of my subscription before it goes digital.  Managed to score 007 Legends for the 360, but no Prototype 2 copies for either system available here locally.  Thanks, OP!

To think... I just signed up for GCU to get the $20 RZ coupon for halo 4 last year. Since then I have gotten 3 free games, (tank! tank! tank! and now these two), the welcome coupons (b2g1 used and b2g1 NEW), not to mention the 10% savings and trade in bump combined have saved/added ATLEAST over $200 themselves. But I mean yeah totally not worth it like so many people love to say  :whee:  :rofl:  :roll: .

bread's done
Back