Best Buy: $10 Off Any Fox TV-DVD Coupon

shyguy1083

CAGiversary!
hey everyone! this coupon was included in a best buy demo disc i got from the home theater section. it's for $10 Off Any Fox TV-DVD in the Fox section. Pretty cool, huh?

The coupon says "no copies" so I don't know if bringing a printed out copy will be valid. I don't know if they're just giving out the demo discs that the coupons came with or if they can only come with the purchase of a home theater item. So if they don't accept the copy, head over to the home theater section and see if you can get an actual coupon from them. They were just stacked up when I saw them.

full-size image : http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/7013/bbyjp1.jpg

I tried using the coupon on Arrested Development today ($14.99 on sale) but they wouldn't take it. I'll try it at the BB near my work tomorrow.

Used a legit coupon (given to me by a friend who works at BB) on one of the 5 X-Files sets i bought at 11 am. Went back with a copy from the OP, picked up season 4 and went to a different cashier. She looked at me a little funny, read the fine print a bit, scanned it and it worked. I was going to go back and get X-Files seasons 1-3 with the coupons, but I decided to wait a little since they had extra copies and I didn't want to look like a complete sketchball.

So basically I got X-Files season 4 and 5 for 10.59 each (AC) and then for 6-9 I paid the 19.99. Although it would have been nice to pick all of them up at 10.59, I don't want to be a complete dick and ruin it for future people.

[quote name='UncleGuito']I tried using the coupon on Arrested Development today ($14.99 on sale) but they wouldn't take it. I'll try it at the BB near my work tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Did they refuse to scan the coupon? Or did they scan it and the discount didn't come off automatically?

Just curious because $4.99 seasons of Arrested Development would be very nice.

She didn't refuse to scan it, she just kind of looked at it and then scanned it. The computer had a pop up that said '$10 off any Fox DVD' and she had to manually type in '10.00' before it gave the discount. If you do it, I recomment printing it on glossy paper, similar to that of magazines, as that's how the real coupon was. Or you could just find a nice enough cashier.

Your best bet is to use the coupon once per transaction, but don't go overboard. The second time I went, she asked the other cashier 'didn't you get one of these already today?' I mentioned something about a Fox Newsletter I signed up for, but she seemed disinterested and continued with the sale. I'm heading to another BB tomorrow and trying to use the coupon again, I'll let you guys know what happens.

[quote name='Josef']Did they refuse to scan the coupon? Or did they scan it and the discount didn't come off automatically?

Just curious because $4.99 seasons of Arrested Development would be very nice.[/quote]
No, they didn't scan it. Some idiot girly cashier walked up to the register I was at and said "You're not allowed to use that when they're already on sale!" So they called over a manager, and he said that he would scan it, but the asshole cashier said "But there's a rule in the codebook in the lounge that says we're not allowed to!" And the manager said sorry to me and bitched out the cashier, but I didn't get the deal.

I'll try going back tomorrow to a different register and see if I can pul it off.

[quote name='jmillion']ima try it on Arrested Development probably tommorow. i mean i never watched the show, but $5 each i will. lol[/quote]
I recommend it. I bought season 1 last week for $13 and had never seen it before and I'm hooked on it. I'm gonna keep trying to get seasons 2 & 3 every day this week until they sell them to me- it's too good a deal to pass up.

Just got AD for 4.98 a season + tax. Cashier either has to scan your coupon once per set or you'll need multiple coupons. $10 is taken of at the end without manual override, so if they take the coupon you're golden.

That was awesome. I went to Best Buy again and went to the Customer Service counter this time. The cashier scanned my coupon for each of my AD sets (seasons 2 & 3), so those were $5 totalling to $10. Then, I mentioned that I bought season 1 last week for $13 (using the CC price match), so she went ahead and price matched the season that I bought last week, getting me $10 back.

$13 for all three seasons. Amazing.

I'm excited the coupon is working again, and 15 bucks for the entire series of AD thats HOT, im gonna head in later today just finished watching the entire series of Millennium i picked up at the last 'sale' gotta love best buy (sometimes).

I got all the box sets for Buffy and X-Files with copies for each. The first guy refused to honor it so I wen to the other side of the store where the cashier looked at the coupon and then proceeded to process each as an individual sale.

WooHoo! this was a great deal for $10 a piece. (Note this was around Father's day)

Still works. Got season 2 of the Simpsons for $9.99 and Season 3 of Arrested Development for $4.99!!!!!!

If you haven't seen AD you MUST pick it up for this price!

I just got back from trying to use this coupon but I was told I couldn't because they are already on sale. The cashier didn't even try to scan it, she just told me I couldn't use it. This makes me pretty mad since I drove 20+ miles roundtrip to try and use this. I fully expected they would take it since I used like 10 times the last time they had $19.99 sale. Oh well good luck to everyone else who did get to use it.

It's a rule at BB coupons can not be used in items already on sale.

It's working because the training of the cashiers either isn't working, or they are just stupid. Either way the store will eventually get an email from corporate to re-enforce the policy and it wont happen.

[quote name='LanceJr']It's a rule at BB coupons can not be used in items already on sale.

It's working because the training of the cashiers either isn't working, or they are just stupid. Either way the store will eventually get an email from corporate to re-enforce the policy and it wont happen.[/QUOTE]

As a rule, managers seem to like posting notes saying no coupons accepted with Sale Items. Though, I've never run into problems.

Anybody have some luck just asking somone for the coupon? And if you did where were they? Also can use this on more than one box set?

having worked at best buy there is no rule in the handbook that i can remember its mostly dickhead managers that wont take the coupon because it will "hurt their margin" but it really doesnt since best buy factors this stuff into sales. anyway you esentially shouldnt go to service desk for stuff like this because they usually care more and when i went in i couldnt find any of these coupons

I figured I'd put my ballsiness to the test, so I went in to try and buy all nine seasons of the X-Files with the coupons. Went in with nine copies of the coupons, picked up the nine sets and went to the register.

Rep scanned all the coupons and none of them would scan. She typed in the UPC nine times in a row (no cut & paste, unfortunately), totalled it out, the package totals were applied and each set was $9.99. Thanked her profusely for all the help and left. :D

Got the first 2 seasons of AD for $10 with coupons at the totowa,nj

i came up with both seasons and 2 coupons then the cashier said only one coupon per person, so i took the first season and took my coupons back and had her ring it up and gave a big shit eating grin and a thank you then sent in my wife to pick up the other one, she ended up at the same cashier.
the cashier says "some guy was just in here using this same coupon" my wife just smiled and paid.
the end.

good luck all i would suggest looking for incompetence or the i dont wanna be here face, its mostly on young men (18-25).

Simpsons S7 for $9.99 & S9 for $19.99 (w/movie money on S9). Worked without issue.

Again, with the UPC not scanning right, though typed in UPC working without issue.

[quote name='shrike4242']Simpsons S7 for $9.99 & S9 for $19.99 (w/movie money on S9). Worked without issue.

Again, with the UPC not scanning right, though typed in UPC working without issue.[/quote]
Do you know if Best Buy has the Simpsons seasons bundled with a t-shirt? I've seen them at Walmart for $20.00, and would gladly rebuy Season 6 in box form, but being able to get it for $10.00 cheaper would be nice.

My BB only had Homer-Head S6. You may want to call/go in, as every other place I've ever been to (Borders, Wal-mart, CC) has the non-head version.

I went to the farthest Best Buy from my house to start yesterday while I drove out to a GameCrazy to see if they had any Classic Plastic left (they didn't...which is weird, because they had hundreds of N64 games two months ago when they were 3 for $15...), and brought a pocketful of photocopied coupons with me when I grabbed all three seasons of Arrested Development and Season 3 of The Simpsons and headed to the register.

The girl rang me up, and I told her I had a coupon I would like to use, and asked if I could use it on all four. She scanned it, and told me it came up as $10 off on The Simpsons. I then gave her three more, which she scanned in for me without protest. Grand total was about $27 for all four DVD sets; I thanked her and left.

I might try the Best Buy near me for another copy of Arrested Development (get that Christmas shopping done well in advance!) and maybe some more Simpsons (althought it wouldn't be my first choice...hopefully I can pricematch Family Guy at Target or something).

[quote name='yukine']Do you know if Best Buy has the Simpsons seasons bundled with a t-shirt? I've seen them at Walmart for $20.00, and would gladly rebuy Season 6 in box form, but being able to get it for $10.00 cheaper would be nice.[/quote]Not that I had seen, when I went to the one I was at last night. The regular packages, with the obvious head models as well, were the only ones I had seen. S9 did have the sticker with the movie cash on the outside of it, though I think other vendors, like FYE, might be doing movie cash for the movie with other seasons. I know BB only had it on S9.

Scored AD Seasons 1-3 for $4.99 each. This time around, the coupons, which I made copies of my copies of on my MFC @ home, they scanned without issue. No typing of the UPC needed.

I went to two different BB's and got 2 sets of AD (one for me and one for my brother), as well as two seasons of the SImpsons. I think if there is an opportunity to use this again, I am just going to try and buy one of everything I don't have.

Hiya, I work retail and encounter the problem of coupons not scanning. it has something to do with the type of printer the coupon is printed on.

Deskjets and inkjets are a no go, while I've found that most laser printers infact scan. Just my two cents!

I picked up X-Files seasons 2-4 today for 50 bucks, used one coupon, just entered it four times. It pays to know the cashiers at your local Best Buy:cool:

Thanks a bunch OP, you saved me months of NetFlix...

Had to edit, my morning math sucks!
Another edit, didnt feel I showed OP enough love.

[quote name='bookwo3107']My BB only had Homer-Head S6. You may want to call/go in, as every other place I've ever been to (Borders, Wal-mart, CC) has the non-head version.[/QUOTE]

I thought S6 Homer head was the only way it came, and inside there is a coupon to send in with $3 shipping to get the regular box. #-o

This coupon would be useful to me if BB hadn't recently jacked up their prices on American Dad and Family Guy etc. They were 20$ish a few weeks ago but now around 40$ on average. So even with the coupon I'm better off waiting for another sale.

[quote name='hotwls13']I thought S6 Homer head was the only way it came, and inside there is a coupon to send in with $3 shipping to get the regular box. #-o[/quote]

This was true until up about a month or so ago... And then they shafted everybody that bought the Homer Head version by releasing the box for retail...

[quote name='DentArthurDent']Hiya, I work retail and encounter the problem of coupons not scanning. it has something to do with the type of printer the coupon is printed on.

Deskjets and inkjets are a no go, while I've found that most laser printers infact scan. Just my two cents![/quote]I printed my first set of coupons on a laser printer and none of them would scan.

I made a copy of the printed coupon on my inkjet MFC and they worked without issue.

The inkjet printout was significantly darker than the original source material, so that's the likely issue, not the printer making the copy.

Anyone know what AD is pricing at in store? On their website it is still 14.99. I'm sure I could get them to PM the 14.99, but I doubt I could use the coupon too. If it rings up as 14.99 though, I could probably get another set of them for a gift (I just realized this would be an awesome secret santa gift around xmas).

[quote name='cheapfrag']I just bought Arrested Development Season 1 - it rang up $14.99 and then the cahier scanned the coupon for $10 off.[/quote]

awesome! thanks.

[quote name='bookwo3107']This was true until up about a month or so ago... And then they shafted everybody that bought the Homer Head version by releasing the box for retail...[/QUOTE]

WTF!!!

[quote name='darkwingduck13']Thanks to this thread/coupon, I picked up X-Files Season 8 and Season 9 for $10 apiece. :D[/quote]
Did you just pick them up today? Are they still onsale? I might have to go back and finish my collection.

I picked up AD today for a gift, even though there was no signage they rang up at 14.99 like cheapfrag said, so that's awesome.

edit: from looking at BB website, yup, it should still work on XFiles.

Yeah, that's how I found out the price on X-Files...by looking at the site. It must be a sale, because in my store, they still had the $44.99 stickers on them, and when I asked for a price check, the drone looked at me like I had grown another head. :p Still, $10 apiece for those sets is an awesome price, even if I did have to step into their crappy store.

To the people who used the copy of the coupon in the OP: did you guys resize the image or just print it out and take it in to Best Buy?

After two successes at two different Best Buys, returned to one of the successful ones to be shot down by the flighty girl at the register.

Apparently the Simpsons for $19.99 sale was over, but they still had the shelf tags for it up, too. And CAGs do not pay full retail.

[quote name='linkpwns']24 for 28 dollars... not bad[/quote]

If you have a Costco near you and a membership to get in, the 24 seasons are always $30 there. They also have a lot of other seasons for cheap.

I bought all three seasons of Arrested Development for $15 yesterday. I had shittily printed coupons that rang up as 0.00 when scanned so he manually entered the discount. I had my girlfriend do it so she could charm him with her vagina. He was slightly suspicious, but it worked.

Never seen an episode before and it's downright hilarious.

bread's done
Back