Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got around to calling Best Buy (thanks for posting the Elite member number), and they're putting the $10 cert for Halo that never posted onto my account. On top of that, $10 was already there from other purchases, $65 in certs just posted today from a TV purchase my dad made on the account, and another $10 in rewards should post in a few days as well, meaning I should have a total of $95 in rewards for buying things irrationally in the near-future. I am pleased.

You cant post pm other retailers anymore.
Not entirely true. During the Holiday Price Match Guarantee you can post-purchase approved retailers or local retailers within a 25 mile radius as long as the item is in stock. Thats what I've been told by several supervisors as well as a back office supervisor. If you have any issues getting a post-purchase price match, let the associate know that there are instructions in the internal knowledge database for them to do post-purchase price matches during the holiday season.

Though your statement should be absolutely correct outside of the holiday season, it is still not entirely accurate. There are a lot of representatives who aren't fully aware of the policies, or perhaps simply don't care, but I've gotten every single post-purchase price match I've called about this year even prior to the holiday season. So the correct phrasing should be that "You are not supposed to be able to post-price match other retailers anymore", as there have been plenty of people to get post purchase price matches outside the holiday season without any issues. In the end of the day my logic is always that it can't hurt to try it, I simply ask them politely if I could post purchase price match X retailer for X order and the worse thing they can say is no.

Yes if people dont give a shit or bad at there job you can get away with anything. Doesn't mean that not how its suppose to work and very few people can actually get it done.

yes, but the BB branded Visa GC won't get you points at BB. So no double dip FYI.
Are you talking about using the pre-paid Visa to buy stuff in the store won't get you points?

Just to confirm: Taking $206 cash out of my pocket to buy a $200 + $6 fee card will net me 200 points, right? That's what I'm more concerned about but I think that was what you confirmed.

...very few people can actually get it done.
I would bet that the majority of CAGs that try it are able to get it. I can't believe I haven't seen this policy mentioned here before. Seems like something CAGs would be up in arms about. But I have read several instances about people getting post purchase PMs of other retailers as if it's no problem at all.

Are you talking about using the pre-paid Visa to buy stuff in the store won't get you points?

Just to confirm: Taking $206 cash out of my pocket to buy a $200 + $6 fee card will net me 200 points, right? That's what I'm more concerned about but I think that was what you confirmed.
Yes, and:

You'll get 205 points plus 10% bonus for being elite (presumption you're jumping from elite to elite plus?). If you're not anything now, then you'll get 205.

Another question:

I had bought a few games on BF from Best Buy online for shipping and about a quarter of the cost was covered by rewards certificates. If I return them, how do I go about getting those certificates back? Do the points just bank in? What if they were set to expire?

Another question:

I had bought a few games on BF from Best Buy online for shipping and about a quarter of the cost was covered by rewards certificates. If I return them, how do I go about getting those certificates back? Do the points just bank in? What if they were set to expire?
The points get refunded to your account. Up to 5 days after the return.

Another question:

to add, the certificates get a new expiration date. I returned a game and the cert got a new exp date for feb 2015. Interpret as you will

Call 1888-BESTBUY and follow these directions

Welcome to Best Buy please choose from the following options, say Recent Purchase

Then at the next menu, say It's something else

Then lastly at the next menu say, It's another product.

They seem to know what you are talking about when it comes to GCU.
Thanks.

Here's hoping the lady who did mine did all mine correctly. If not when I get my email confirmation I shall be giving them a call.

But I have read several instances about people getting post purchase PMs of other retailers as if it's no problem at all.
The key is basically stating the obvious to the CS rep/manager. I tell them I can simply buy it new now with an on the spot pm then return it using the other receipt. With elite plus showing on my receipt along with the extended return period outisde of the holidays there`s little to no resistance getting the matches since the other option would take longer and further hold up the CS line.

Being polite in the process and/or knowing the staff goes along way too, sometimes it`s not what you say it`s how you say it.

I'm trying to figure out what is going on? What is this post price adjustment you all are getting? I got a lot of games on release date at best buy recently and I'm a gcu member. Am I missing out on free money or something?

What's the basis of doing the adjustment for SSO, since it came out prior to the holiday season?
Sat. Nov 1 was the last day to purchase in-store(I believe in-store P/U is a lil longer too) so either 45 day elite plus or extended holiday policy could apply.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/help-topics/return-exchange-policy/pcmcat260800050014.c?id=pcmcat260800050014

I'm trying to figure out what is going on? What is this post price adjustment you all are getting? I got a lot of games on release date at best buy recently and I'm a gcu member. Am I missing out on free money or something?
Many games go on sale either at BB or other retailers w/i 45 days of release. A $50 BB sale becomes $40 w/GCU and other retailers are generally good with a $40 sale themselves. End result tends to be $40 w/$10 credit or better.

If there`s a $40-$44 tiv on the game you could simply trade it in, get the pm money back then rebuy the game new paying with the gc/$10 certand/or refunded money making the game completely free aka BB paid you to buy the game you wanted on day 1.

Finally got a response from Best Buy in regards to PM Halo: MCC by email...and they only credited me back $3.18. I have GCU and thought it should've been around $10ish, this is so frustrating!!!

[quote name="sasuke543" post="12341664" timestamp="1418974477"]Finally got a response from Best Buy in regards to PM Halo: MCC by email...and they only credited me back $3.18. I have GCU and thought it should've been around $10ish, this is so frustrating!!![/quote]
I quoted a post with what to call for price adjustments. I got about $50 back today in adjustments.

Waaaa, disconnected after 30 mins wait, talking to 2 groups, then calling again and being transferred to post purchase department. What a pain in the ass.

[quote name="ShadowAssassin" post="12344600" timestamp="1419041671"]The Witcher 3 exclusive steelbook promotion now live on bestbuy.com.[/quote]
Dont gotta repreorder to get it right?

Dont gotta repreorder to get it right?
I think you do, actually.

If you already pre-ordered the CE and don't want to cancel, then just place another order for the standard ed. If you only pre-ordered the standard, then definitely cancel and order again.,

For online orders, they go by the items listed on the order sheet, and if the steelbook isn't there, it's highly likely you don't get it. Not sure about in-store orders.

I got my $12 adjustment for MCC earlier today, took a couple tries but I finally got a rep who understood.

Also, for anyone who price adjsuted orders of recent releases like GTA, Unity, FC4, etc for the B2G1, did any of your preorder certs get adjusted?  I havent seen any come back on mine yet....

What quote?
Call 1888-BESTBUY and follow these directions

Welcome to Best Buy please choose from the following options, say Recent Purchase

Then at the next menu, say It's something else

Then lastly at the next menu say, It's another product.

They seem to know what you are talking about when it comes to GCU.

is the witcher 3 steelbook exclusively for xbox one?  The PS4 version lists the xbox one steelbook exclusive, not sure if a typo or if xbone is the only one that gets it

is the witcher 3 steelbook exclusively for xbox one? The PS4 version lists the xbox one steelbook exclusive, not sure if a typo or if xbone is the only one that gets it
Probably just a system error, but I'm not 100% sure. If it's listed on the product page and in your cart, then you should get it.

[quote name="ShadowAssassin" post="12344668" timestamp="1419043282"]I think you do, actually.

If you already pre-ordered the CE and don't want to cancel, then just place another order for the standard ed. If you only pre-ordered the standard, then definitely cancel and order again.,

For online orders, they go by the items listed on the order sheet, and if the steelbook isn't there, it's highly likely you don't get it. Not sure about in-store orders.[/quote]
Ugh. Ill just order a standard copy. Got the CE preordered in store. I know the people there, but I'll just double up to make sure.

Would be awesome if state of decay xbox one gets added to the list. Highly doubt it since it'll prob be under 60, prob 40-50. 

I remember there was a thread on the bb forums to nominate/suggest more games in 2015 that will come with certs. Any word on when they will update the list? Hope Quantum Break makes the cut. A little upset alan wake 2 is on the back burner but quantum break does look pretty sick so far. 

Would be awesome if state of decay xbox one gets added to the list. Highly doubt it since it'll prob be under 60, prob 40-50.

I remember there was a thread on the bb forums to nominate/suggest more games in 2015 that will come with certs. Any word on when they will update the list? Hope Quantum Break makes the cut. A little upset alan wake 2 is on the back burner but quantum break does look pretty sick so far.
The large 2015 one isn't up yet just mortal combat X and Just Cause 3
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Add-Mortal-Kombat-X-to-2015-10-pre-order-list-or-10-instant/idi-p/845567
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Please-add-Just-Cause-3-to-the-10-Pre-order-Purchase-or-Giftcard/idi-p/875755

So I ordered Disney Infinity last week for a friend, it arrived Wednesday. Then yesterday I got an email from BB, saying they received my order. Just looked on there and they are shipping me another copy of Disney Infinity, but under the payment and price section it says $0. And it also says I paid with a giftcard.

When I ordered last week there was an issue and I emailed tech support, by the time they contacted me(5 days later) I had already canceled and reordered it.

Should I send it back?
Or return it with the other receipt?
Or just sell it?

Well, I just failed to get a price adjustment on MCC (yes, I waited until the last minute, but my call was while the game was still on sale).  Agent said she didn't think she could do it, I asked to speak to a supervisor, who also said that the only way they adjust the price post-purchase is with a price match, and they don't apply discounts to price matches.  I told him that the unboxed forum stated otherwise, but he wouldn't budge. Should I contact an unboxed forum mod?  I did that for SoM, I don't want to become a nuisance, but it seems like a big deal that their forum says one thing but the call center says something else.

Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/games-promotions/halo/pcmcat281900050003.c?id=pcmcat281900050003

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/games-promotions/halo/pcmcat281900050003.c?id=pcmcat281900050003
It's funny...I want neither of those things, yet I intend to go pre-order Guardians at that time to get them now. I mean, I'll definitely end up getting it at Best Buy because of GCU, so I might as well get some stupid pictures, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back