Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
My AC unity points posted and they took 500 away for "issued certificate" but I don't actually have any certificates on my account, I tried adding something to the cart and I didn't get the 10 dollars off. Will they fix this or will I have to contact them?
The certificate usually get issued right away. Sometimes the system is busy and it takes a day or so for the certificate to appear in your account. It happened to me before and the certificate showed up 24 hours later.

Did anyone else receive a $10 promo code today? I usually never get these from Best Buy even though I've been Elite Plus and Reward Zone Premier Silver for a few years now. I suppose their logic has always been that I am a good enough customer that doesn't require incentive to shop at their store. Oddly enough I received an email this morning titled "A message from Best Buy CEO, Hubert Joly" that contains a $10 promo code. According to the email contents, Best Buy is under the impression that I haven't shopped there in a while even though my last purchase was two days ago for around $600. Then again, two days is a long time... Lol

We have noticed it has been a while since you last visited Best Buy®. To welcome you to see how much we have changed, I would like to invite you to take $10 off your next purchase with this savings code* and tell you about a few of the exciting things we have done recently to deliver our promise to you: Expert Service. Unbeatable Price.*
• Top Brands: We have an incredible selection of technology gifts, as well as one-of-a-kind brand experiences from partners like Apple, Bose, Dyson, Google, GoPro, Intel, Microsoft, Samsung and Sony.
• Unbiased Advice: We have online advisors, customer reviews, buying guides and knowledgeable help in our stores. For gift ideas, visit our gift centers online and in store – we have great ideas for everyone on your list.
• Free Store Pickup and Shipping: If you order online, you can pick up your order at one of our stores the same day. Or, if you prefer to have it delivered to your doorstep, we offer free 2-day shipping on thousands of items*.
• Price Match Guarantee*: We won’t be beat on price. We’ll match the product prices of key online and local competitors.
• Geek Squad®: Our Geek Squad Agents are ready to assist you with installation, setup, support and repair.
Please enjoy your $10 savings code* and everything that comes with our promise of Expert Service. Unbeatable Price.* I look forward to seeing you at Best Buy this Holiday season.

Hubert Joly
President and CEO
Best Buy
I was going to wait until I pre-order the 2015 game releases, but the code expires 12/24/2014, so I may as well use it along with some GC to pre-order either Halo 5 or Hardline.

Did anyone else receive a $10 promo code today? I usually never get these from Best Buy even though I've been Elite Plus and Reward Zone Premier Silver for a few years now. I suppose their logic has always been that I am a good enough customer that doesn't require incentive to shop at their store. Oddly enough I received an email this morning titled "A message from Best Buy CEO, Hubert Joly" that contains a $10 promo code. According to the email contents, Best Buy is under the impression that I haven't shopped there in a while even though my last purchase was two days ago for around $600. Then again, two days is a long time... Lol

I was going to wait until I pre-order the 2015 game releases, but the code expires 12/24/2014, so I may as well use it along with some GC to pre-order either Halo 5 or Hardline.
Got one today but on my second BB account that I have for my brother. He doesn't shop there so I took it for myself and it works even if you use a different BB account which was great. Preordered Toon Link amiibo with it. No games for me. My primary account didn't get one, you sure did get lucky lol.

OT, but I think I went over the 3 per title buying limit on GTAV for the X1. If I return one will i be safe?

So I just saw this posted on IGN but apparently the earlier you pre-order Dying Light the more weapons you get. So since it's 8 weeks out you'll get 8 rare weapons "allegedly". 

I was planning on pre-ordering it anyway, might as well do it now. 

http://hope.ly/1vZRnH3

I hope this is the right place to ask, but is the Best Buy phone support available on Saturday? I can't find any times for it online. I don't have time to call in today but I want to see if I can get a price adjustment before the sale ends.

Edit: Thanks Kevlar338

I hope this is the right place to ask, but is the Best Buy phone support available on Saturday? I can't find any times for it online. I don't have time to call in today but I want to see if I can get a price adjustment before the sale ends.
Yeah they operate 7 days a week .

I hate Best Buy, sometimes. This is what they did to me today, Randy said he added points to a ticket from three weeks ago and when I checked my account I had 66 points, I should have over 5000. I just love Best Buy and their computer systems sometimes. 

Don't forget to "price adjust" master chief collection , it's on sale for 45$ at bestbuy and it released during the holiday price match period so it's good for non elite members as well.

Are you reaching out to the forums to do this or through the phone?
Well for me , I'll make an effort to get it done over the phone . If the reps are unaware of what gcu is or how it works then I'm only going to waste so much of my time on the phone and I'll go to the forums .

Is there a timed window to pick up a preorder and get the $10 back in rewards? I preordered unity but stayed far away. Since it's supposedly been fixed I was considering going to best buy to pick up my preorder and price match Amazon.

What would happen with picking up AC Unity from Amazon while it's $29.99 and returning a pre-ordered copy from BB that I picked up with the $10 off?

I'm assuming I'd get my $47.99 + tax back, though the $10 RZ cert would get deducted from my account, right?

Been a while since I had a pre-ordered game drop in price within a PM period, though I should just call them to PM it, right?

Is there a timed window to pick up a preorder and get the $10 back in rewards? I preordered unity but stayed far away. Since it's supposedly been fixed I was considering going to best buy to pick up my preorder and price match Amazon.
Im pretty sure you only get 5 days to pick it up after it releases

Quick question, if I already got the ps4 GTA bonus would I get it again if I preordered the PC version or is it one bonus per game regardless if theyre on different platforms.

What would happen with picking up AC Unity from Amazon while it's $29.99 and returning a pre-ordered copy from BB that I picked up with the $10 off?

I'm assuming I'd get my $47.99 + tax back, though the $10 RZ cert would get deducted from my account, right?

Been a while since I had a pre-ordered game drop in price within a PM period, though I should just call them to PM it, right?
You are correct. The 500 points would get removed since it will now show up as a return.

Not sure if this is the right area to post but I gotta say I really like being elite plus for examples like this. I called the elite "hotline" and told them (yes, it's true) that my welcome packet 50% game guide coupon showed up as "declined". I hadn't used it as I double checked against my purchase history (I forget sometimes). They also checked. So they pushed it up to corporate to reissue the coupon and she credited my account for $20 in points. Can't say enough about how they've handled issues very nicely and with a suitable solution and typically with extra points for the hassle. That's why BB gets the majority of my business.

Not sure if this is the right area to post but I gotta say I really like being elite plus for examples like this. I called the elite "hotline" and told them (yes, it's true) that my welcome packet 50% game guide coupon showed up as "declined". I hadn't used it as I double checked against my purchase history (I forget sometimes). They also checked. So they pushed it up to corporate to reissue the coupon and she credited my account for $20 in points. Can't say enough about how they've handled issues very nicely and with a suitable solution and typically with extra points for the hassle. That's why BB gets the majority of my business.
Thanks, I forgot that I need to do this, too--my guide coupon was also "declined" when I attempted to buy a DA: I CE guide.

Thanks, I forgot that I need to do this, too--my guide coupon was also "declined" when I attempted to buy a DA: I CE guide.
yep, call. Got a really nice gal (no waiting like others have experienced) and was off the phone in about 5 mins with a $20 cert in hand and potential coupon reissue. Even if the coupon isn't reissued, still happy with the credit.

If it's an in-store preorder, I've successfully picked up preorders 6 days after the release date (i.e. the following Monday) and still get credited. I think it's supposed to be only up to 7 days from release.

Has anybody done a price adjustment in store lately? Do they require your ID?

I haven't done an adjustment in awhile as I usually preorder online nowadays. I'm wondering if this is processed with your ID and counts as a hit on your "returns profile" managed by TRE.

Was able to get the price adjustment for the MCC.  With GCU makes it $35.99, rather than $47.99.  A lot better than $59.99.  GCU basically paid itself off already as well.

Couldn't do Assassin's Creed since I did the limited edition price match and got the limited for only $60 to begin with.

Was able to get the price adjustment for the MCC.  With GCU makes it $35.99, rather than $47.99.  A lot better than $59.99.  GCU basically paid itself off already as well.

Also adjusted LBP3 to $31.99 instead of $47.99.  Awesome take back, about $27 back between the two games.  All prices adjusted were within Best Buy as well.  The employee didn't know about GCU so he had to put me on hold for a long while.

Couldn't do Assassin's Creed since I did the limited edition price match and got the limited for only $60 to begin with.

You are correct. The 500 points would get removed since it will now show up as a return.

Followed your lead and called the Elite "hotline" and was speaking to someone about the PM to BB's price on MCC, Amazon's price on AC: U and BB's price on Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes ($2 difference, though it's worth bringing up on the same call), so we'll see what happens within 48 hours about the PMs.

If it's an in-store preorder, I've successfully picked up preorders 6 days after the release date (i.e. the following Monday) and still get credited. I think it's supposed to be only up to 7 days from release.

Has anybody done a price adjustment in store lately? Do they require your ID?

I haven't done an adjustment in awhile as I usually preorder online nowadays. I'm wondering if this is processed with your ID and counts as a hit on your "returns profile" managed by TRE.
It's 8 days after the date it's ready to be picked up, so the TMNT (2014) steelbook I pre-ordered that releases tomorrow (12/16) will be held until 12/24, according to the email I received about the in-store pickup.

Is it just me that's having a problem reaching their line? Everytime I get transferred I get disconnected, it's like the fifth attempt, getting this close to giving up. Has anyone tried doing the forums yet?

Im pretty sure you only get 5 days to pick it up after it releases
I don't know the exact length, but it's longer than that. I preordered Dead Island Riptide to get the Steelbook while on vacation in another state. Obviously, I wasn't going to pick up the game there. A few months later the CE was clearances online. BB still gave me the $20 preorder cert.

yep, call. Got a really nice gal (no waiting like others have experienced) and was off the phone in about 5 mins with a $20 cert in hand and potential coupon reissue. Even if the coupon isn't reissued, still happy with the credit.
Had this exact same thing happen to me on Sunday and got 1000 points as compensation for the bad coupons.

Mines been declined twice! I emailed support they sent another and it was declined. I guess I'll call elite tomorrow as I'm at work currently. Thanks for showing I wasn't the only one with the issue and offering a solution!

How are some of you getting adjustments so easily? I keep getting transferred to the wrong department, some are clueless about the GCU discout, etc. It's been two days calling and no progress has been made! Please help out a CAG! :(

How are some of you getting adjustments so easily? I keep getting transferred to the wrong department, some are clueless about the GCU discout, etc. It's been two days calling and no progress has been made! Please help out a CAG! :(
Call 1888-BESTBUY and follow these directions

Welcome to Best Buy please choose from the following options, say Recent Purchase

Then at the next menu, say It's something else

Then lastly at the next menu say, It's another product.

They seem to know what you are talking about when it comes to GCU.

Don't forget to "price adjust" master chief collection , it's on sale for 45$ at bestbuy and it released during the holiday price match period so it's good for non elite members as well.
Can you point me to the holiday price match terms? I don't see anything about it on the standard PM page. Thanks!

I have been doing it repeatedly and as recent as last weekend. Did the policy change recently?
Yes, it changed over a year ago when the whole PM/Return period changed from 30 to 15 days so either you have gotten very lucky and gotten a lot of people who dont know any better or....

Thanks to who posted the Elite number, they are actually mailing me a $25 Giftcard because I was inconvenienced twice. I was just asking if there was a way I could order a guide half off online but they said they'd send a gift card. (Tried getting the ORAS guide with the GCU coupon twice)
Was pleasantly surprised. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back