Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
If I preorder online, will I be charged full price right away, or when the game ships?
You'll be charged right away, it'll drop off after a few days but you may be randomly charged again (pend for 3 days) only to drop off again. When it ships it'll charge for good.

There are some times when it charges multiple times when it ships if the random charge overlaps the actual shipment.

You might also have the same problem I did where my bank kept calling me seeing multiple charges for the same amount (multiple pre-orders of games coming to $50.02 each, all charging at the same time) would red flag my card and I'd get 2-3 calls a week from my bank saying they thought my card was stolen. All from pre-ordering games 3-12 months from coming out, yet I'd still get the constant pending charges.

At one point I had over $700 pending from bestbuy from all my orders.... CRAZY RIGHT!

Best advice... NEVER pre-order a game online until it's near to release. There are multiple examples of pre-order bonus's being added right before release, those who order months in advance will not receive them.

Best advice... NEVER pre-order a game online until it's near to release. There are multiple examples of pre-order bonus's being added right before release, those who order months in advance will not receive them.
Assuming one has the money, keep a $200 BB gc/pre-paid visa for pre-order price mistakes, limited release/niche titles and CE. Return/rebuy when needed to change payment types for full pts.

Assuming one has the money, keep a $200 BB gc/pre-paid visa for pre-order price mistakes, limited release/niche titles and CE. Return/rebuy when needed to change payment types for full pts.
I'm glad I have the BB credit card. I just throw purchases on that for the points then pay it right away,.

I finally got my AC Unity points, theyve been posting much slower for me lately.

A little off topic, but all you guys are knowledgeable here; I received Wolfenstein NO from Best Buy today and it didn't have the usual shrinkwrap. Anyone else get their copy like this? I know some games come like that, but this one almost looks like a poor re-shrink job. Thanks for a!ny info

I finally got my AC Unity points, theyve been posting much slower for me lately.

A little off topic, but all you guys are knowledgeable here; I received Wolfenstein NO from Best Buy today and it didn't have the usual shrinkwrap. Anyone else get their copy like this? I know some games come like that, but this one almost looks like a poor re-shrink job. Thanks for a!ny info
Same thing happened to me. Returned it to BB because I was worried it was a re-sealed, but I think the newer prints of Wolfenstein come that way, the old/original ones have y-fold, after doing some digging.

All copies of Shadow Warrior came that way for PS4 as well. I also got some PS3 games from major retailers like that and they were brand new. Maybe it depends on what factory seals the games.

You have to be careful doing something like the pre-pay VISA cards. If they double bill that card and it's declined because they tie up over $200 on it with these rolling pending charges, they'll cancel your order entirely if they see even 1 pending charge declined. Using giftcards works great but then they take the $$$ out at the time of order so there is no rolling charges.

Just remember that if a card is declined even once, that order will be canceled. Even if it's caused from their excessive pending charge checks.

On a side note... every one of my pre-orders was canceled when my Debt card was compromised by Home Depot's credit card leak to hackers. Got my new card but Bestbuy will NOT allow you to change the payment type on orders even if they are MONTHS away from launching. So every order was canceled the second those rolling pending charges went through.

So now I just pre-order in the weeks b4 a launch.

Did anyone ever get their preorder bonus for GTA V? Not the cert, the $1 million in-game cash. I haven't received anything and I PM'd on the forums last week. Thanks!

You have to be careful doing something like the pre-pay VISA cards. If they double bill that card and it's declined because they tie up over $200 on it with these rolling pending charges, they'll cancel your order entirely if they see even 1 pending charge declined. Using giftcards works great but then they take the $$$ out at the time of order so there is no rolling charges.

Just remember that if a card is declined even once, that order will be canceled. Even if it's caused from their excessive pending charge checks.

On a side note... every one of my pre-orders was canceled when my Debt card was compromised by Home Depot's credit card leak to hackers. Got my new card but Bestbuy will NOT allow you to change the payment type on orders even if they are MONTHS away from launching. So every order was canceled the second those rolling pending charges went through.

So now I just pre-order in the weeks b4 a launch.
I'm glad I have the BB credit card. I just throw purchases on that for the points then pay it right away,.
I've learned my lesson from using a credit card to buy things that may be in limited supply. I bought the Pokemon ORAS bundle with the B1G1 50% off and using my BestBuy Mastercard it had payment problems right before it shipped. My friend also ordered a Smash bundle and had payment problems (with a best buy mastercard) right before shipping and he lost that order.

For games I believe will sell out or games that I'll get with price glitches I'll buy an e-giftcard first, then use that to pay for my purchase. The only thing I'll lose out on is the double points from GCU.

The way I look at it is glitches can giveth or glitches can taketh away, I just need to minimize the taketh away part.

Any time there's been a payment problem on any of my preorders, I receive a email. After I receive the email, I have 24 hrs to correct the problem, by adding funds to my checking account.

Same thing happened to me. Returned it to BB because I was worried it was a re-sealed, but I think the newer prints of Wolfenstein come that way, the old/original ones have y-fold, after doing some digging.

All copies of Shadow Warrior came that way for PS4 as well. I also got some PS3 games from major retailers like that and they were brand new. Maybe it depends on what factory seals the games.
I think sometimes they reshrink them because certain copies come with extra DLC or bonuses. My guess is that certain prints are separated from the mass print to be manually inserted with the extra vouchers. For example, the Sony copies of SoM came with the PlayStation exclusive Warband DLC while the Microsoft ones did not. As for Wolfenstein, the only bonus I can recall was the Doom beta code that's included with the first print run.

You guys should be careful with using prepaid VISA's at restaurant locations that have the option to add gratuity. The available balance is always reduced an additional 10 - 15% on top of your original bill. I recently stumbled across this when I used it at a local restaurant and was expecting $15 to be remaining on my prepaid. On my next purchase, I came back with an insufficient balance notice. Called around and apparently the system automatically reserves a predetermined gratuity amount which places a "hold" on your funds but drops off after 2-3 days. After it cleared, my $15 showed up as available on my prepaid. Pretty annoying. So don't strictly rely on your present card balance.

Don't really know where els to ask this . Does anyone know the elite plus phone number? I just received the Visio tv I bought my mom and the screen is cracked 😳

Did anyone ever get their preorder bonus for GTA V? Not the cert, the $1 million in-game cash. I haven't received anything and I PM'd on the forums last week. Thanks!
I sent them a PM about it yesterday and they sent me a PM with the code in less than an hour. I assume you used the instructions from the OP?

Don't really know where els to ask this . Does anyone know the elite plus phone number? I just received the Visio tv I bought my mom and the screen is cracked 😳
Two hours 4 calls later and they are sending a new tv out. Thought the elite plus line was supposed to give better support?😂

Two hours 4 calls later and they are sending a new tv out. Thought the elite plus line was supposed to give better support?
It does not. In fact, my experience with it has been that all they will do is route your call back to regular customer service. Frankly, I'm not sure why they even bother to maintain the elite plus line as the employees seem just as unable to make decisions as their regular seasonal customer service folks.

It does not. In fact, my experience with it has been that all they will do is route your call back to regular customer service. Frankly, I'm not sure why they even bother to maintain the elite plus line as the employees seem just as unable to make decisions as their regular seasonal customer service folks.
That line is only for myBB questions/problems.

Does anyone know who the best moderator is to contact on the Best Buy forums? I have to contact a moderator regarding missing points for Far Cry 4 as I pre-ordered it on November 11th and it doesn't even have the 500 pre-order bonus points listed or pending. Also, have to find out how to get a price adjustment for Assassin's Creed Rogue.

If anyone here has any info, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Does anyone know who the best moderator is to contact on the Best Buy forums? I have to contact a moderator regarding missing points for Far Cry 4 as I pre-ordered it on November 11th and it doesn't even have the 500 pre-order bonus points listed or pending. Also, have to find out how to get a price adjustment for Assassin's Creed Rogue.

you will just have to post it as a thread on the forum the mods are getting real strick and angry about being pm before being told to do so

You should create a new response on the Gamers Club forum, the mods don't like PMs without you posting a topic. As for the PM you should call CS if bought online or go back to the store if bought in store.

Okay. Thanks guys. I can get the price adjustment in store tomorrow with Rogue since I pre-ordered and purchased in store. Will post a topic on the forums. Thanks.

I`m so used to keeping the BB visa`s for non BB purchases while having 2-3 $500 walmart ones for BB. So they can charge their hearts desire since I never have anywhere close to 8 pre-orders that aren`t $5 in-store pre-orders. There was a recent CAG/BB forums guy tht had like 20+ pre-orders on his credit card but his credit line was quite high.

It pays to do the needed flips early on to stack certs/credit that way being flush with $500-$1000 of pure BB play money becomes the norm.

Still patiently waiting for my points to post for Far Cry 4 and GTA V. I'm hoping they post by Friday, so I can use them to get Captain Toad Treasure Tracker.

Someone please help me out here. I got shadow of mordor from best buy for $21 and would like to know if I can exchange it for the legion edition which comes with the dark ranger dlc. Would I be able to exchange without paying the difference? Will it depend on the upc code on the back of the game case?

Someone please help me out here. I got shadow of mordor from best buy for $21 and would like to know if I can exchange it for the legion edition which comes with the dark ranger dlc. Would I be able to exchange without paying the difference? Will it depend on the upc code on the back of the game case?
You have to find a version that has that DLC, but it is not that price anymore so you couldn't do an even exchange. I don't think you will be able to do it.

Question about BB in general:

When an item is sold out and under shipping it says "coming soon" does that mean they will eventually restock the item for shipping orders or was that just from when it used to be in stock and they never changed it?

At amazon they got a newer order of Wolfenstein:NO and middle earth:som before thanksgiving. I was pulling them out for black friday and noticed they both were all resealed.

You have to find a version that has that DLC, but it is not that price anymore so you couldn't do an even exchange. I don't think you will be able to do it.
Oh so that's how it works? Even though I have until january to return the game, they won't let me exchange it for the same game for free unless the item is actually broken? Last time I price matched cod advanced warfare for $30 I tried to exchange it for the day zero and they said I'd have to pay the difference. So basically, the item has to be the same price now as the day you bought it to exchange without paying more right?

I read the OP, but not seeing it.  Do we have a master list of games that HAD the pre-order bonus?  I'm 99% certain I wasn't supposed to get it for Dragon Age, but wanted to double check.  You can never have too much credit on your Best Buy rewards!

If not, any chance we could get a master list?  Say, games by month?  That'd be sweet.

No Dragon Age Was not on the list, only Far Cry 4 and GTA5 had the preorder bonus in November iirc
Perfect, thanks!

If I get some free time, I think I'll setup a database on my webspace for this. Something that we can just check and see if it had a pre-order bonus, and auto-calculate when the points should post by based off the release date. Could save some hassle hopefully. We'll see how productive I feel in a bit ;)

After doing the math, after my recent purchases clear, I'll be at $3400 spent this year. Looks like someone will be getting a $100 gift from BB for Christmas. Lol. Never thought I'd ever hit ElitePlus especially considering I just hit Elite in Nov. During Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday I spent entirely too much money. Damn you BB! I love you but my Wife and Wallet aren't happy with you!

Well shit...  my GTA preorder and purchase finally left pending yesterday, but it's not showing the 500 bonus points, like my SSO and MCC did.  I'm guessing it's to the forums I go?

Got my FC4 points and certs. Did a return and went into the negative. But still got 5 certs though. My elite status is kinda of fucked up right now, It hasn't subtracted the return I did  eariler this week and hasn't add some trade in either, too.

Random Question.....

So I just started playing Halo MCC again after a week of not playing.

Now when I press "start" it just sits at the Galaxy screen like it's loading forever.

It's a different disc than the one I was using previously (traded first in and got this from MSstore deal).

Is this a common glitch or could it be the x1 or game disc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back