Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
As big of a fan of South Park I am, I wasn't interested in Stick of Truth, but some gameplay videos on Youtube and now I'm order it.

Thanks For the reply i just preordered it earlier tonight cause I found where two days ago on the best buy forum the rep said as long as you were a gcu member when the $20 was around that the $20 will qualify as long as it preordered before release date and I been gcu for two years so I should qualify for the $20 then
Your welcome. Yeah I'm fully aware of that rep post, I quote "If you had been and continue to be a member of Gamers Club Unlocked prior to the introduction of the "Get $10" offer, then you will be eligible for the $20 certificate.". The one problem there is the "and continued to be" statement. A few of us had a lapse in the membership when we couldn't renew it because they pulled the program to revamp it. I'm sure though if it doesn't go through without a hitch, the reps on their forums will make it right. It just a pain in the ass to jump through the extra hoops to do so.

Your welcome. Yeah I'm fully aware of that rep post, I quote "If you had been and continue to be a member of Gamers Club Unlocked prior to the introduction of the "Get $10" offer, then you will be eligible for the $20 certificate.". The one problem there is the "and continued to be" statement. A few of us had a lapse in the membership when we couldn't renew it because they pulled the program to revamp it. I'm sure though if it doesn't go through without a hitch, the reps on their forums will make it right. It just a pain in the ass to jump through the extra hoops to do so.
That`s the biggest issue(s) with BB having things work well like they should. But when they screw up the "make up" offers can be amazing lol. I've seen people get $10-$50 rz pt "apologies" on game purchases basically making their games free.

If you have worries get ahead of the issues by posting your concerns on the forums page, then follow up in 15 days or call CS & use that post as reference.

That`s the biggest issue(s) with BB having things work well like they should. But when they screw up the "make up" offers can be amazing lol. I've seen people get $10-$50 rz pt "apologies" on game purchases basically making their games free.

If you have worries get ahead of the issues by posting your concerns on the forums page, then follow up in 15 days or call CS & use that post as reference.
Already did :lol:

Yeah I've gotten more than one of those "we're sorry we messed up". Back on Prototype 2 in the end they basically paid me $20 bucks on release because they keep messing up the steelbook. They didn't have to, all I wanted was the correct steelbook which they did fix btw, but it's hard to agrue when they keep throwing gift cards at me....those things hurt.

So even if I ordered it today I would still get the $20?! I figured it had to be done back when it was still listed for a $20 certificate.

I mean I did find the quote on the forums and I imagine I could get an override through the people on the forum if it didn't work. I just never considered this....

Originally I was gonna wait on a price drop.....now maybe I won't.
i would say plan on $10 and be pleasantly surprised if its $20. but if you do get the $10 you could probably call and get the other 10 by using that quote.

i would say plan on $10 and be pleasantly surprised if its $20. but if you do get the $10 you could probably call and get the other 10 by using that quote.
Yea precisely. I mean the quote is right on the forum and I've been an unlocked member for a LONG time with no relapsing. So I think I may pre order and not wait.

I hope they don't screw me on the $20 bonus points. Having to call silver support (I mean elite+) and wait, and then get confronted with the three-button transfer prompt, and then having to call again and wait, and then explaining that I just called and was incorrectly transferred to the three-button transfer prompt, and then getting transferred to the gaming rep, and then getting transferred to post-purchase support, and then getting transferred to reward zone support, and then getting told that I should wait a few days to see if the points show up is a bummer.

Well the purchase points on South Park have posted to my account, not pending but posted, I can use them to print out a cert now.  Still no sign of either the $20 or $10 bonus.  I have the feeling this is going to turn into one of those moments. :wall:

Well the purchase points on South Park have posted to my account, not pending but posted, I can use them to print out a cert now. Still no sign of either the $20 or $10 bonus. I have the feeling this is going to turn into one of those moments. :wall:
you probably will, but the mods on the bestbuy forum will most likely take care of those issues.

When is the last day to preorder? Just try to place an online order and wasn't able to, even try placing a order via phone but they can't. SMH, seriously like wtf, for South Park. I don't want to drive just to preorder and then have to go their again in 2 days. fuck!

When is the last day to preorder? Just try to place an online order and wasn't able to, even try placing a order via phone but they can't. SMH, seriously like wtf, for South Park. I don't want to drive just to preorder and then have to go their again in 2 days. fuck!
Which one you trying to order

Damn, I'm still on the fence on whether or not I should pre-order South Park. I used to be a fan but stopped watching a while ago. I wish could read some reviews.

There wasn't any problem with the other games that qualified for the $20 before so I don't see why that would happen now

Just regular South Park, somehow my email address got crossed or some shit, I can't place a order via phone and get my GCU discount.

I straight can't checkout online for some reason! Which is odd considering I order the 1 dollar Ass. Creed. last week. I'm have to go instore but it was raining here in the desert of California which means some streets are closed. Yay, gonna be stuck in hour for a couple of hours. :wall:

Which one you trying to order

Would be thrilled with a $20 cert, but I'm still not banking on it.

I had to contact a mod to get my $20 from GTA V, as it was on that $20 list and carried over to the $10 list.

Just regular South Park, somehow my email address got crossed or some shit, I can't place a order via phone and get my GCU discount.
I straight can't checkout online for some reason! Which is odd considering I order the 1 dollar Ass. Creed. last week. I'm have to go instore but it was raining here in the desert of California which means some streets are closed. Yay, gonna be stuck in hour for a couple of hours. :wall:
They close streets when it rains? Lol what

Has anyone done a pre-order in-store and had any problems with the GCU discount applying at pickup? Reason I'm asking is because I just did a pre-order for South Park and put down $5. My receipt says that the estimated remaining balance is $54.99+tax instead of $42.99+tax.

My question is, will the 20% come off when I complete the pick-up transaction? Just want to make sure.

Man I honestly can't believe that South Park is 3 days away. I have been waiting for this game for so long. I had it preordered before it was pushed back the first time. My expectations are still low, because I don't want to get too excited and be let down.

I bit the bullet with southpark. Hoping to get 20 back, but 48 n 10 back is great too, hopefully beat and flip and break even or whatever.

I dig that it looks like an adult south park version of super mario rpg. 

Well I bit the bullet and preordered South Park. Was gonna wait for a cheap copy on AWD but I imagine it's gonna be in high demand.

Plus now that I know I can get a $20 certificate I'm in. Can't wait for Tuesday!

Well I bit the bullet and preordered South Park. Was gonna wait for a cheap copy on AWD but I imagine it's gonna be in high demand.

Plus now that I know I can get a $20 certificate I'm in. Can't wait for Tuesday!
Um... Don't you only get $10?

No. I've been a member of GCU since almost the launch of it, and back then it was $20 certificates. If you look back a few pages you'll see how existing members (like myself) still are eligible for the $20.
So it goes by pre-existing members not reserve date?

is there a link that can be used to check if a best buy near me is doing any midnight releases for South Park The Stick of Truth?

I'm also planning on buying season 15 or 16...any advice on which season is better? I'm thinking 16 since I haven't seen it

is there a link that can be used to check if a best buy near me is doing any midnight releases for South Park The Stick of Truth?

I'm also planning on buying season 15 or 16...any advice on which season is better? I'm thinking 16 since I haven't seen it
mostly likely no, if there is a midnight release for certain games, they will advertise it on their website.

Held out as long as I could on South Park.  Was really waiting on a review before preordering, but I'll take the chance with what I have seen so far. 

If you haven't sorted this out yet try using another browser. Sometimes helps.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Would it kill Best Buy to throw a Nintendo game in here for a change? I'd pre-order the hell out of Mario Kart 8 if they threw a $10 Reward Certificate at me.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Would it kill Best Buy to throw a Nintendo game in here for a change? I'd pre-order the hell out of Mario Kart 8 if they threw a $10 Reward Certificate at me.
If you actually read then you would knkw it's not Bestbuys fault with the Nintendo titles. Nintendo is strict with their pricing which forces retailers to come up with other ways to put sales on their games (B2G1 free, Buy1G1 x% off,etc).

I'm sure 1 of those types of deals will come along when they release.

So I did a preorder in store and they knew nothing about this promo, should I call best buy about it? Do you think they will automatically give me the credit anyway?

If you actually read then you would knkw it's not Bestbuys fault with the Nintendo titles. Nintendo is strict with their pricing which forces retailers to come up with other ways to put sales on their games (B2G1 free, Buy1G1 x% off,etc).

I'm sure 1 of those types of deals will come along when they release.
Actually it not Nintendo it best buy they want only multiplatform games on the $10 preorder promo and since Nintendo games are never multiplatform and are tied to one specific system that why best buy won't

My Wizard Edition South Park shipped. I'm ready to return it to Best Buy because I have a sneaky, sneaky suspicion it's going to be a pile of dog doo. Guess we'll find out tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back