Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, not going to risk it with South Park. As it stands, apparently I have two accounts with BB, must have happened when I renewed summer of last year. So I was but I wasn't a member of GCU. And they still haven't fixed my damned date yet nor one of my preorders in "pickup limbo" (I've had the game for several months now.

When was the promo up anyways?

So I did a preorder in store and they knew nothing about this promo, should I call best buy about it? Do you think they will automatically give me the credit anyway?
As long as you presented/connected your myBB account number with your purchase in store (on the preorder and pickup), you should be fine. The points are handled on the website's end anyways. They don't hand you a $10 gift card.

F'n lol. So I had the preordered at BBy because of GCU+RZ rewards but I just got a shipping notice from Newegg. Apparently I preordered this there back in 2012. Damn this game and it's delays

I really want SP. Even at $51 I'm just gonna redbox it. With reports saying it can be fully completed it about 14-15 hours that's insanely short for an RPG. Plus we've got DS2 next week and something else I had preordered...oh yeah, titanfall

I really want SP. Even at $51 I'm just gonna redbox it. With reports saying it can be fully completed it about 14-15 hours that's insanely short for an RPG. Plus we've got DS2 next week and something else I had preordered...oh yeah, titanfall
Oh man. Woe is me! Only 14-15 hours? Oh my. That's certainly not worth my time. Forget about replayability time and different class playthroughs like normal people. My lord... ONLY 14-15 HOURS! fuck YOU MATT AND TREY!

Oh man. Woe is me! Only 14-15 hours? Oh my. That's certainly not worth my time. Forget about replayability time and different class playthroughs like normal people. My lord... ONLY 14-15 HOURS! fuck YOU MATT AND TREY!
Sorry if I talked about your game, sir. I'm a huge SP fan, but considering it's an RPG that's really freakin short.

Also, I'm not one to replay a game over and over and over again. If you do, more power to you. There are way too many out there to move on to, plus, Titanfall will take up the majority of my time.

Get over yourself or calm down one, son.

Sorry if I talked about your game, sir. I'm a huge SP fan, but considering it's an RPG that's really freakin short.

Also, I'm not one to replay a game over and over and over again. If you do, more power to you. There are way too many out there to move on to, plus, Titanfall will take up the majority of my time.

Get over yourself or calm down one, son.
For one. I'm older than you, halfwit. Two, you should get over yourself. You're bitching like a high school drama queen over a game that's 14-15 HOURS. Wow. "Such a little amount of time for my money." So excuuuuuse the devs that it doesn't meet your 90 hour expectation. You shouldn't be complaining about time when you're stating that Titanfall will take up most of yours. So CLEARLY RPG games arent the type for you.

Yes. I was definitely saying I'm the creator of South Park. Only a dumbass trying to start shit would come up with an asinine comment like that. Or just one who's too stupid to read that I'm defending a great looking game to someone who bitches about such trivialities.

So you calm down. Pull the tampon out, and go play other games that'll "meet your adequate time length", boy.

For one. I'm older than you, halfwit. Two, you should get over yourself. You're bitching like a high school drama queen over a game that's 14-15 HOURS. Wow. "Such a little amount of time for my money." So excuuuuuse the devs that it doesn't meet your 90 hour expectation. You shouldn't be complaining about time when you're stating that Titanfall will take up most of yours. So CLEARLY RPG games arent the type for you.

Yes. I was definitely saying I'm the creator of South Park. Only a dumbass trying to start shit would come up with an asinine comment like that. Or just one who's too stupid to read that I'm defending a great looking game to someone who bitches about such trivialities.

So you calm down. Pull the tampon out, and go play other games that'll "meet your adequate time length", boy.
Lol..wow dude.

well, that escalated quickly.
Yes, yes it did lol. I wasn't even being rude to the guy, I just told him to calm down. I got a good chuckle out of it, at least.

FWIW, I'm watching some gameplay right now and it looks great! I think I'll preorder this so this cat can sleep ok tonight.

Yes, yes it did lol. I wasn't even being rude to the guy, I just told him to calm down. I got a good chuckle out of it, at least.

FWIW, I'm watching some gameplay right now and it looks great! I think I'll preorder this so this cat can sleep ok tonight.
I don't care what you do. You just had a pathetic excuse. Its like someone getting butthurt and bitching if The Witcher 3 was 40 hours instead of 60+ on the second.

DUDE...you got...that mad over someone calling you son? Do you not see how weird that is? Do you not see how..odd it is, that you got THAT upset over someone talking about a VIDEO GAME that you liked? This is a freaking INTERNET FORUM.

Do you not understand why someone would ask you to calm yourself down? If you get that mad over someone talking about a :lol: video game :lol: then you really need to re-evaluate some things. I mean, geez dude. Everyone was just aghast at how freaking insane you got over that!

Lol, I'm just catching up on this thread, and after seeing this guy get THAT mad, I expected pages of flame war posts. To my surprise, he's THAT mad over someone commenting about the length of a VG and being called "son."

What's worse is that he's acknowledging that he's older than all of us and STILL getting that mad. Seriously?? I thought with age comes a sense of wisdom and calming. 

Wow... just.... wow.

Good to know I have competition in the easily offended category.

Someone remind me, the 20$ (or 10$) is also good for online orders delivered to my home (not just in store pickups?)

Good to know I have competition in the easily offended category.

Someone remind me, the 20$ (or 10$) is also good for online orders delivered to my home (not just in store pickups?)
Its good for anything. In store, online, store pickup. Doesnt matter how you ordered it.

Best Buy called and told me I could pick up South Park, today. Glad that they didn't realize they were breaking the street date. Now, if only the kids were in bed.

Best Buy called and told me I could pick up South Park, today. Glad that they didn't realize they were breaking the street date. Now, if only the kids were in bed.
Hopefully your kids get to bed before 12, otherwise breaking the law would have been for nothing! Lol

Hopefully your kids get to bed before 12, otherwise breaking the law would have been for nothing! Lol
Haha, good point. To be honest, I'll probably only get to play for about an hour. Need to put in a few hours of work and watch last night's True Detective with the wife. Either way, it was more convenient for me to pick it up today than tomorrow.

Shouldn't have called me son, kiddo. And next time you wanna have an excuse to dismiss a game, have a better one.
So? People not playing games that are reported to be more than 10 hours is retarded. Dumb excuses to pass on games.
Son you should calm down :bouncy: :rofl: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :D/ :mrgreen:

(I like to live dangerously).

Son you should calm down :bouncy: :rofl: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :D/ :mrgreen:
(I like to live dangerously).
Yeah. Bringing something up after its been done with over 2 hours ago. Smart. Dumbass.
Haha, good point. To be honest, I'll probably only get to play for about an hour. Need to put in a few hours of work and watch last night's True Detective with the wife. Either way, it was more convenient for me to pick it up today than tomorrow.
Yeah the convenience of it is nice. Chances are I'm not even gonna get around to it for a while. Between work, life, and the dozen games I already need to finish, I'll play it next month, lol.

They can, but I don't believe it has ever actually happened.
I've worked at plenty of retailers. It does happen. Someone broke street date at a gamestop and got fined $5000 for it. The store obviously. More than likely corporate paid for it. Dude didn't get fired though.

Anyway. It does happen.

I did a search and found that fines have never been given for breaking street date as it would have to have been taken to court to collect the money.

They said its pretty much just used to scare employees into not doing it.

i looked for that and didnt see anything official that they got fined. Do you happen to have a link?
Only what I've seen people write as it happened. Then again, I wouldn't want that kind of publicity of being docked $200k for breaking a street date.

The only proof I can state is the one gs store that broke street date on "The Godfather". The company was charged $5000. Cause the dipshit who worked there let him pay with a credit card so that was an instant flag.

So my Best Buy had some layoffs and had to let go of some managers. I knew some of the guys from Home Theater that were let go so its sad to hear. I think this may be a nationwide thing. Notices and severances just went out yesterday.

Has anyone seen the South Park preorder cert bonus post yet?  My points for the purchase are pending and have been for a couple of days, but nothing on the bonus cert for pre-ordering.  

Has anyone seen the South Park preorder cert bonus post yet? My points for the purchase are pending and have been for a couple of days, but nothing on the bonus cert for pre-ordering.
I'm confused by your post. You need to fulfill your preorder by purchasing the game, therefore finishing the transaction.

You don't get a cert for a preorder... Unless I'm missing something in your post.

I'm confused by your post. You need to fulfill your preorder by purchasing the game, therefore finishing the transaction.

You don't get a cert for a preorder... Unless I'm missing something in your post.
Actually my post makes it clear that I made the purchase hence the points pending for the purchase, but not the preorder cert.

Actually my post makes it clear that I made the purchase hence the points pending for the purchase, but not the preorder cert.
However you may have missed the many prior comments about having to wait at least 30 days for the cert. You see they don't want you returning the game after the cert has been received.

Eh, your post is a few things, but clear isn't what comes to mind at first glance. Anyway, like the guys above me said, don't expect it before 15 days, but be pleasantly surprised if it comes earlier. It doesn't matter if your points for the purchase are pending, cleared, whatever. I've done this promo a bunch of time since they started it and it always seems to be different. Also don't be surprised if 15 days pass and you have to call to get your cert. Best Buy is bad at implementing this promo efficiently, but hey, sometimes they screw up in our favor (I got a $40 for buying Bioshock Infinite, lol).

Eh, your post is a few things, but clear isn't what comes to mind at first glance. Anyway, like the guys above me said, don't expect it before 15 days, but be pleasantly surprised if it comes earlier. It doesn't matter if your points for the purchase are pending, cleared, whatever. I've done this promo a bunch of time since they started it and it always seems to be different. Also don't be surprised if 15 days pass and you have to call to get your cert. Best Buy is bad at implementing this promo efficiently, but hey, sometimes they screw up in our favor (I got a $40 for buying Bioshock Infinite, lol).
I'm not new to BB or their system. While the bonus points rarely post immediately, there is generally some kind of indicator that they are pending within a day or two of purchase. I simply wanted to know if anyone had the indication that they were pending yet since some people had their orders ship late last week and they would be 4-5 days after purchase at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back