Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I did. I'll just pick it up and return. I never do pre-orders at BB so wasn't sure if that was the case. I'll complain to the manager later on today too.
Should automatically show up when you put a game in the actual cart when signed in. Can you try putting a game into the cart online and see if it is showing the discounted price? If not, sounds like there is an issue with the GCU membership showing up on your account correctly.

Just got mine. About damn time. Now just to get my copy in the mail. Uggggggghhhh.
I would suggest next time, choose in store pick up as an option. Although I have never heard of a game taking 10 days to get to me from BB o.0 (all about that free expedited for elite plus baby, but still, even with the old free shipping, I sometimes got them like the NEXT DAY!)

I would suggest next time, choose in store pick up as an option. Although I have never heard of a game taking 10 days to get to me from BB o.0 (all about that free expedited for elite plus baby, but still, even with the old free shipping, I sometimes got them like the NEXT DAY!)
Should read my previous posts. I didn't wanna order it online. I HAD an in store reserve. I was one who had a free CE upgrade and bb fucked me. So I was forced to order online. Also, I never received my game and tthey had to send a replacement.

I fuckin hate best buy -_-

Should read my previous posts. I didn't wanna order it online. I HAD an in store reserve. I was one who had a free CE upgrade and bb fucked me. So I was forced to order online. Also, I never received my game and tthey had to send a replacement.

wait so did you preorder it on the website? or did you preorder it in the store with the $5 down? website the gcu shows up right away and that what you charge but If I remember right if you actually do the actual preorder in store then the price wont adjust down to the gcu amount until you actually pick the item up since you aren't charged until it picked up anyhow

wait so did you preorder it on the website? or did you preorder it in the store with the $5 down? website the gcu shows up right away and that what you charge but If I remember right if you actually do the actual preorder in store then the price wont adjust down to the gcu amount until you actually pick the item up since you aren't charged until it picked up anyhow
I preordered in-store. I was forced by BB to change my order to an online shipping order to "get my CE". Which never happened. I was stuck with it cause those asshats waited til the last moment to tell me to do it. (March 7th) Then when it was "delivered" to my house (never happened) they had to resend it. I JUST got it yesterday.

I pre-ordered inFamous: SS yesterday. The price came to $63 and I asked why isn't it $47 (+tax). He said they give you back the money when you pick it up. Haven't gone yet to pick it up today but is this true. If it isn't, I'm just going to return and rebuy to get the 20% off w/ GCU.
I just picked mine up a couple hours ago and it came up at 47.99 so I wouldn't worry too much. They didn't have my copy set aside up front though. The kid in front of me got the last copy front so I had to wait till someone brought up more copies. I guess they don't set them aside like they claim.

I preordered in-store. I was forced by BB to change my order to an online shipping order to "get my CE". Which never happened. I was stuck with it cause those asshats waited til the last moment to tell me to do it. (March 7th) Then when it was "delivered" to my house (never happened) they had to resend it. I JUST got it yesterday.
In store reserves don't take the GCU discount until you pickup the game.

How did they screw you?

I pre-ordered inFamous: SS yesterday. The price came to $63 and I asked why isn't it $47 (+tax). He said they give you back the money when you pick it up. Haven't gone yet to pick it up today but is this true. If it isn't, I'm just going to return and rebuy to get the 20% off w/ GCU.
I forgot to ask: This was an online preorder, correct? In-store preorders only require the $5 deposit.

In store reserves don't take the GCU discount until you pickup the game.
Why is everyone responding with this? I've said nothing about nor does what I said have anything to do with the discount.
How did they screw you?
I preordered and received the free titanfall CE upgrade. I needed a replacement code. They strung me around for over a week saying I'd get it replaced. They said they'd replace it (on March 7) if I preorder it through their phone service. I did. And no code. Instead I got an email that my payment was made and I should expect my game on the 11th. Never got it on the 11th. Or at all. Just got it yesterday after HAVING it be resent.

Why is everyone responding with this? I've said nothing about nor does what I said have anything to do with the discount.
I preordered and received the free titanfall CE upgrade. I needed a replacement code. They strung me around for over a week saying I'd get it replaced. They said they'd replace it (on March 7) if I preorder it through their phone service. I did. And no code. Instead I got an email that my payment was made and I should expect my game on the 11th. Never got it on the 11th. Or at all. Just got it yesterday after HAVING it be resent.
So you still got your product didn't you? Don't see how you got screwed over if you still got what you were supposed to get.

Got my credit for Titanfall.  Doing the preorder online with in-store pickup was a heck of a lot easier than doing it all in-store. 

Wii U owner here. I emailed Best Buy about them not including Watchdogs for WiiU in this promotion. They apologized and said it's the 3rd parties' decision on which games and which versions are included in this promotion. Included in the response was a $10 promo code for free.

Should automatically show up when you put a game in the actual cart when signed in. Can you try putting a game into the cart online and see if it is showing the discounted price? If not, sounds like there is an issue with the GCU membership showing up on your account correctly.
This was for an in store preorder. I get the discount automatically online.

Got a question you guys may be able to help me with, since I got 2 different answers from BB employees.  I'm going to preorder Watch Dogs and use a reward certificate.  The RC expires in April, game comes out in May.  The amount of the RC will still come off the price, right? 

Got a question you guys may be able to help me with, since I got 2 different answers from BB employees. I'm going to preorder Watch Dogs and use a reward certificate. The RC expires in April, game comes out in May. The amount of the RC will still come off the price, right?
yes if you order online and use it then it will come off now since the game being paid in full online. I had a promotional egift card that expired march 1st and used it in February to preorder titanfall online which didn't come out until 2 weeks after the expiration date just fine since it was paid in full

Got a question you guys may be able to help me with, since I got 2 different answers from BB employees. I'm going to preorder Watch Dogs and use a reward certificate. The RC expires in April, game comes out in May. The amount of the RC will still come off the price, right?
+
yes if you order online and use it then it will come off now since the game being paid in full online. I had a promotional egift card that expired march 1st and used it in February to preorder titanfall online which didn't come out until 2 weeks after the expiration date just fine since it was paid in full
I don't think you can use gift certificates in store as a preorder. I tried before and he couldn't do it. Then again, the guy I tried oordering 3 games from couldn't even use the SKUs to ring them up -_-

Luckily a guy in the PHONE DEPARTMENT did it for me. Nonsense.
Wow 2 full months until Watch Dogs drops...I need a new game to play lol I'm tired of playing Bf3 online and OB: Half Life 2 on my ps3.
South Park, Dark Souls II, BF4 (lulz), and Titanfall just to name a few.

+
I don't think you can use gift certificates in store as a preorder. I tried before and he couldn't do it. Then again, the guy I tried oordering 3 games from couldn't even use the SKUs to ring them up -_-
Luckily a guy in the PHONE DEPARTMENT did it for me. Nonsense.
South Park, Dark Souls II, BF4 (lulz), and Titanfall just to name a few.
I purchased BF4 day one...I didn't like it. I went back to BF3 within a couple of months. I'm not into Dark Souls and Titanfall...I'm still stuck in the last gen lol I want South Park but I'm waiting for the price drop (I regret not preordering GCU+ $10-$20 back would have been perfect)

I purchased BF4 day one...I didn't like it. I went back to BF3 within a couple of months. I'm not into Dark Souls and Titanfall...I'm still stuck in the last gen lol I want South Park but I'm waiting for the price drop (I regret not preordering GCU+ $10-$20 back would have been perfect)
Yeah, I day one purchased BF4 as well, hence the lulz. Shits terrible. I have DS2 and haven't played it yet. Titanfall is amazing. Crazy how your 9th and I'm only level 50, hahaha. But I'm aiming for my "Unlock Everything" achievement.

I actually preordered South Park in February and STILL got the $20. I think it was for everyone.

Yeah, I day one purchased BF4 as well, hence the lulz. Shits terrible. I have DS2 and haven't played it yet. Titanfall is amazing. Crazy how your 9th and I'm only level 50, hahaha. But I'm aiming for my "Unlock Everything" achievement.
I actually preordered South Park in February and STILL got the $20. I think it was for everyone.
What did you mean when you said that I'm 9th and you're level 50? Im confused lol

I'm not sure what everyone is crying about. 20% off a $60 = $12 off PLUS the $10 PLUS the points towards another coupon. Again I ask - what the fuck is everyone crying about? Before they used to only do $15 and $20 credits. Now, they give a total of $22 back.

I'm not sure what everyone is crying about. 20% off a $60 = $12 off PLUS the $10 PLUS the points towards another coupon. Again I ask - what the fuck is everyone crying about? Before they used to only do $15 and $20 credits. Now, they give a total of $22 back.
I really don't get how anyone could argue that if you are someone who buys a few physical releases each year, this won't pay off. All new games get the 20% discount, no matter how marked down. If you are the type who waited for the first price drop or you wish you had something to make launch price soft enough, this is the best thing out there. How do you argue with Watch Dogs being $38 at launch + the rewards zone standard points?

This program obviously isn't for you if you buy only one or two new releases each year, but you are not the mainstream and you are obviously not the target of this program. Don't even try to make it sound bad when it clearly can work so well for a lot of mainstream players.

Seriously, these "no way for $60". You only need to buy 5 new console releases over two years to make that money back. FIVE GAMES IN TWO YEARS? And I got it for the $30 promo, so I'm long past earning it back with about 5 new releases a year plus those $10 bonuses, plus standard reward points, plus a few on sale titles.

I think they're just mad that the two policies overlapped for a bit, giving both a $20 coupon AND 20% off. But that's always been temporary, and if you think it's sudden then you haven't been paying attention. People want to cancel over this? Fine go back to paying $60 a game or hauling to a toys r us and hope the register gives you a gift card (my experience with tru has been laughably putrid).

Alongside PS Plus, I'd have to say my two year $30 GCU subscription is the best deal in gaming. Paid for itself within the same month that I renewed. How can you argue against a deal like that?

The only reason the old way was better was b/c of the previous pm policy which was basically $40 + $20 credit. But since so few titles came $20 credit vs 20% on all games is still better overall, the $40 sale price w/GCU equals a black friday deal & allows for equal and/or profit on every trade.

I have a random 1000 points pending in my rewards account. It's not showing a purchase just for a 1000 points just in the section where it says points pending. ...

The only reason the old way was better was b/c of the previous pm policy which was basically $40 + $20 credit. But since so few titles came $20 credit vs 20% on all games is still better overall, the $40 sale price w/GCU equals a black friday deal & allows for equal and/or profit on every trade.
sure, no one is arguing that the old policy was better, but again, that was always temporary. Still, it doesn't erase its value as it stands. Getting every game for free would also be better, but that's not going to make me cancel.

sure, no one is arguing that the old policy was better, but again, that was always temporary. Still, it doesn't erase its value as it stands. Getting every game for free would also be better, but that's not going to make me cancel.
Dude I agree with you even @ $120 I`d re-up for GCU every 2 yrs. BB`s been the best gaming retailer for 9+ yrs but seems like alot of people didn`t know how to get the best deals day in day out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back