Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
As cags why is this even an issue?

You guys don't pay with gift cards? Seems to me like the majority of users here are flippers so I'm in disbelief if you guys don't have gift cards

You guys don't pay with gift cards? Seems to me like the majority of users here are flippers so I'm in disbelief if you guys don't have gift cards
I'm not a flipper. I rarely use gift cards unless I trade in personal games, which is hardly ever. With the nearest BestBuy being about an hour round trip, I hardly ever go there physically unless I'm just in the area.

[SIZE=10.5pt]I bought a gift card ahead of time once but I missed the point bonuses as a gamers club+Elite member. I get twice the points as gamers club (and an additional 25% as an Elite member) when buying gaming stuff with money, not a gift card or gift certificate. I like to maximize the amount of points per dollar I get so I can save up points. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I have a monthly limit on my credit card that doesn't roll over so I would also like to know the best way to pre-order games months ahead of time without getting charged twice. The only thing I can think of right now is to do an in-store pre-order and put the full amount down during the initial pre-order. If anybody has any better suggestions or finds any flaws in this idea please let me know![/SIZE]

I bought a gift card ahead of time once but I missed the point bonuses as a gamers club+Elite member. I get twice the points as gamers club (and an additional 25% as an Elite member) when buying gaming stuff with money, not a gift card or gift certificate. I like to maximize the amount of points per dollar I get so I can save up points.

I have a monthly limit on my credit card that doesn't roll over so I would also like to know the best way to pre-order games months ahead of time without getting charged twice. The only thing I can think of right now is to do an in-store pre-order and put the full amount down during the initial pre-order. If anybody has any better suggestions or finds any flaws in this idea please let me know!
I don't think that's the best option if you want to maximize the amount of points you get. I've noticed that when I preorder in store on my final receipt they just gave me a five dollar discount which I don't receive points for.

I'm not sure how that would if you were to pay off the whole game when you made the pre order though.

If someone can't afford to have a pending charge on a debit/credit card then they probably shouldn't be spending the extra money on video games. I've had plenty of issues with best buy but the benefits outweigh them by far.
Umm... Yeah?

Like I said yesterday, I've preordered almost every game on the list and it gets really irritating to see $700-900 in pending charges from Bestbuy on my card constantly.

If I wanted to pay for the games in advance I'd do so, plenty of other stores do pre-orders without constantly holding money on cards.

I've been contacted by my bank 4 times in the last 6 weeks over this. Nearly every pre-order charges the same amount ($50.01) and they red flag multiple charges for the same dollar amount. Add that I have anywhere from 6-15 charges pending at nearly any given time and you can see why my bank constantly calls me about the charges.

I'll just cancel EVERY pre-order online and do it in-store or use another store.

Bestbuy needs to start a MAJOR overhaul on their systems. The checkout registers, online, rewards, trade-ins and in-store pickup. All of it is a mess and is NOT idiot proof as their employees seem to always find a way to screw something up every time.

If people don't like having repeated holds on their cc, then let them be.  I personally only look at my statement once a month when the bill is due so I could care less how many times and how much they charge me, as long as I don't have to pay it right away.

But if people don't like the repeated holds because they're afraid of going over their limits, then just request an increase in your credit limit.  You can do it once a year without any issues.  If you get a raise, promotion, new job, etc., then call and ask for it again.  And if you are still hitting your limit after all that, then you have other issues to worry about...

If people don't like having repeated holds on their cc, then let them be. I personally only look at my statement once a month when the bill is due so I could care less how many times and how much they charge me, as long as I don't have to pay it right away.

But if people don't like the repeated holds because they're afraid of going over their limits, then just request an increase in your credit limit. You can do it once a year without any issues. If you get a raise, promotion, new job, etc., then call and ask for it again. And if you are still hitting your limit after all that, then you have other issues to worry about...
It cost them a PS4 sale. For $51 I don't care. For $420+ I do. I pre ordered my PS4 at Amazon since they only charge when it ships.

wait until the weekend before a game is out and then do .com preorder for instore pickup, thats the best way imo.  Can wait and see if a better deal is around, the $10 bonuses don't go away, will get some early reviews and can opt out if game sucks (murdered soul suspects, hardline, etc), just win win all around.  I don't like doing paypal buys because the credit card is a good defense against anything shitty happening, plus you are double dipping on CC rewards.

The only exception I guess is collector editions which can sell out fast, but I don't really buy CEs and they seem to make so many nowadays that it's easy to pick them up months after launch at massive discounts.

wait until the weekend before a game is out and then do .com preorder for instore pickup, thats the best way imo. Can wait and see if a better deal is around, the $10 bonuses don't go away, will get some early reviews and can opt out if game sucks (murdered soul suspects, hardline, etc), just win win all around. I don't like doing paypal buys because the credit card is a good defense against anything shitty happening, plus you are double dipping on CC rewards.

The only exception I guess is collector editions which can sell out fast, but I don't really buy CEs and they seem to make so many nowadays that it's easy to pick them up months after launch at massive discounts.
yeah, i agree. i usually just wait till last minute/ until review is out to order games i am interested now from bestbuy. with games like wolfestein, and watch dog i waited till 12pm on monday night, before preordering on bestbuy.com.

If people don't like having repeated holds on their cc, then let them be. I personally only look at my statement once a month when the bill is due so I could care less how many times and how much they charge me, as long as I don't have to pay it right away.

But if people don't like the repeated holds because they're afraid of going over their limits, then just request an increase in your credit limit. You can do it once a year without any issues. If you get a raise, promotion, new job, etc., then call and ask for it again. And if you are still hitting your limit after all that, then you have other issues to worry about...
The people talking about repeated holds are on our debits not Credit Cards, I don't think they do the holds for those only on debit.

I never had any major problems either and I've been on board since the pre-order five get a $100 cert promo. You can't beat $42 day one releases, BB has me spoiled.

CAG crisis I'm at best buy and it's not letting me sign up for Gamers Club unlocked. They're on the phone with the bridge any ideas?

I may have to try that sometime. Spend my expiring certs on something, close my first account and sign up for a new one.

so every retailer is giving a bonus with the last of us remaster for ps4.... kmart (20 dollars in points) , dell (25 dollar gift card)...why isn't best buy adding it to the $10 rz certifcates...does anyone know if they will add it?

so every retailer is giving a bonus with the last of us remaster for ps4.... kmart (20 dollars in points) , dell (25 dollar gift card)...why isn't best buy adding it to the $10 rz certifcates...does anyone know if they will add it?
Yes, every retailer. Kmart and Dell. That's all of them...

When you guys buy visa cats from best buy with gift cards do you just tell them the amount and give them the gift card cause I asked if I could use a gift card to buy the visa and they were like no

They might do something else, like give a $10 gift card with purchase. We might not find out until that week's ad leaks.

How long does it take for these certificates to post? I preordered Watch Dogs, picked it up first week, and still haven't gotten my $10 cert yet.

EDIT: N/m, I see it in my account. It's listed as 500 points (I bank as I'm Elite), not a $10 cert directly deposited.

How long does it take for these certificates to post? I preordered Watch Dogs, picked it up first week, and still haven't gotten my $10 cert yet.

EDIT: N/m, I see it in my account. It's listed as 500 points (I bank as I'm Elite), not a $10 cert directly deposited.
They usually post by the 16th day after purchase.

It cost them a PS4 sale. For $51 I don't care. For $420+ I do. I pre ordered my PS4 at Amazon since they only charge when it ships.
If you already have the money double dip, get the mybb pts 2x, plus extra 10%/25% if elite/elite plus, $800ish towards elite plus & ability to use so of the mybb certs to reduce the tax. You also buy a BB giftcard then use that to order but if BB would allow us to "gift" mybb points then you could then make all BB purchases tax free just like AMZ.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Allow-customers-to-purchase-MyBB-points-for-themselves-or-as/idi-p/814600

I don`t think they understand why people will not jump at the remaster for $60 or $48 day 1 w/o credit or a trade in/trade up promo
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Offer-a-trade-in-promotion-for-The-Last-of-Us-on-PS4/idc-p/819788#M5174

With as packed as this Fall is looking it's really getting to the point that I can't justify preordering a game unless it has the $10 bonus on it, with the exception of Nintendo titles which never get bonuses & hold their prices longer.  I really want BB to give me a reason to preorder Diablo III:UEE and Dragon Age: Inquisition for the PS4.  But if they don't I'll just wait for Black Friday on them.  

If you already have the money double dip, get the mybb pts 2x, plus extra 10%/25% if elite/elite plus, $800ish towards elite plus & ability to use so of the mybb certs to reduce the tax. You also buy a BB giftcard then use that to order but if BB would allow us to "gift" mybb points then you could then make all BB purchases tax free just like AMZ.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Allow-customers-to-purchase-MyBB-points-for-themselves-or-as/idi-p/814600

I don`t think they understand why people will not jump at the remaster for $60 or $48 day 1 w/o credit or a trade in/trade up promo
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Offer-a-trade-in-promotion-for-The-Last-of-Us-on-PS4/idc-p/819788#M5174
I know I definitely would NOT do an $8 upgrade for PS3-PS4 version when I could get more then that for it now.

*sigh* Is there any way to apply a myBestBuy certificate to a preorder after it's been made? I preordered the Witcher 3 CE this morning and wanted to use a $20 certificate, but mybestbuy.com was "unable to issue certificates" at the time; apparently it issued the certificate anyway because I see it in my account now. :wall:

I suspect I would have to cancel then re-place the preorder--that shouldn't count towards my 3-copy GCU limit, correct? Also, I should get the balance I paid with a Best Buy GC immediately put back on the GC upon canceling the first preorder?

*sigh* Is there any way to apply a myBestBuy certificate to a preorder after it's been made? I preordered the Witcher 3 CE this morning and wanted to use a $20 certificate, but mybestbuy.com was "unable to issue certificates" at the time; apparently it issued the certificate anyway because I see it in my account now. :wall:

I suspect I would have to cancel then re-place the preorder--that shouldn't count towards my 3-copy GCU limit, correct? Also, I should get the balance I paid with a Best Buy GC immediately put back on the GC upon canceling the first preorder?
I don't know about the 3-copy limit but for your order, your GC should be returned fairly shortly after you get your cancellation notification. Unless you don't have the GC card in which you would have to request them to send you a new one.

I don't know about the 3-copy limit but for your order, your GC should be returned fairly shortly after you get your cancellation notification. Unless you don't have the GC card in which you would have to request them to send you a new one.
Thanks. I got a similar answer in the CE thread, but I think I might just find some other use for the $20 certificate since Best Buy won't let me cancel the CE for some reason, I don't want to risk the CE selling out between canceling the original order and placing a new one, and I can probably find something to use the certificate on within a year.

any order that is cancelled does not count towards 3 copy gcu limit.

Will the GCU discount apply to Black Friday prices? I am on the fence about using my 25 in certs to join or just preorder Destiny. My closest store is 15 minutes away and online orders don't get to my house until the Saturday after release date at the earliest.

Will the GCU discount apply to Black Friday prices? I am on the fence about using my 25 in certs to join or just preorder Destiny. My closest store is 15 minutes away and online orders don't get to my house until the Saturday after release date at the earliest.
The discount will apply to Best Buy's Black Friday prices, yes; a major aspect of GCU is how the 20% discount stacks with Best Buy's sale prices. It just won't apply to price-matched items (which doesn't really factor into your question since no store is supposed to PM on Black Friday anyway).

Thanks. I got a similar answer in the CE thread, but I think I might just find some other use for the $20 certificate since Best Buy won't let me cancel the CE for some reason, I don't want to risk the CE selling out between canceling the original order and placing a new one, and I can probably find something to use the certificate on within a year.
I had the same issue as you (though my cert was already issued I just couldn't get it to apply to the order), but I will just use it on a Destiny preorder or something instead.

I really do wish BB were like Amazon though in that you can change a payment method on Amazon right up until the order ships. I used my debit card for the Witcher order since I don't want to tie up BB credit for 9 months but it sucks that I can't change it closer to release.

I know I definitely would NOT do an $8 upgrade for PS3-PS4 version when I could get more then that for it now.
Of course but now wouldn`t be the issue. Most people who already own the PS3 version of the TLOU probably won`t upgrade to the PS4 version for $60 or $48 regardless of whether they`ve played it or not. But with no $10 pre-order or instant credit deal showing a trade in offer promoted as "trade in TLOU for PS3 get TLOU for PS4 for $40" would surely be tempting. $40 minus the 20% would be $32 that`s a great deal especially considering you`ll probably see a PS+ or season pass offer in the weekly ad that week.

Hey guys I have another silly question but I traded in s few times at be st buy and I'm sure twice they didn't put my membership number in...but I still have the paper receipts they give you can I submit it at a forum to get my points or something?

Hey guys I have another silly question but I traded in s few times at be st buy and I'm sure twice they didn't put my membership number in...but I still have the paper receipts they give you can I submit it at a forum to get my points or something?
https://my.bestbuy.com/

Go there and log in then go to "Report Missing Points". It'll ask where you purchased the items, and then have you enter receipt information.

Go there and log in then go to "Report Missing Points". It'll ask where you purchased the items, and then have you enter receipt information.
If only it was that simple but BB prefers to continue to do things in the least efficient way & then complain about money lol. If they stop wasting man hours on trivial tech/system issues they could focus those resources on more pressing areas of concern. I mean it`s a $120 paid subscription service perk/benefit it`s fair for a customer to expect it TO WORK correctly 90%-95% of the time. They just don`t get it.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Missing-points-10-extra-on-trades-from-Gamer-s-Club-Unlocked-GCU/idc-p/820206#M5197

Is anyone else having trouble paying with gift cards?  The gift cards apply and the total goes to $0.00, but when I click the button to confirm purchase, the page just refreshes.  This happened with my Watch Dogs pre-order last month, and I had to pay part of it with PayPal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back