Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
...does that mean I can price match Wolfenstein then? XD

I'm Elite Plus so I technically have 45 days to PM right?

Oh I can PM Murdered Soul Suspect too!

Best Buy seems to have recently made changes to their price match policy. Before I remember being something like being able to price match Best Buy prices post purchase within 15 days; now the policy says you can price match Best Buy prices Post purchase within the return period(regular = 15 days, elite = 30 days, elite plus = 45 days).

I planning to stop by Best Buy and PMing Wolfenstein on sale this week.
That is huge!!!!

As an Elite Plus member, that gives me a good shot to get an extra discount on most day 1 purchases. Wolfenstein is a crazy example. I get the $20 difference (before GCU adjustment), but still pocketed the $25 in RZ certs. Reminds me of the old days in 2012 when we could PM day 1 purchases over a month after purchase. The biggest change was it used to be 60 days and we could PM any competitor but still, holy shit ..... thanks for pointing that out usagi!!!!!

Just further adds to my point that there's almost no reason for me to preorder any title outside of Best Buy.

Wow this is great, almost just like the good 'ol days. 

So if you are GCU and paid $48 + tax for Wolfenstein at launch, do they match the new $40 price or the $32 price it would be now after GCU?  Sounds like people are getting $16 back, is that correct?

I just tried and they said they would send my request for a refund to someone in another department and get back to me in 3 to 4 days. Oh Best buy
Call them back and ask to speak to Post Purchase Support. If you bought it in store you will need to go to the store, but if it was online for shipping or store pickup then you can do it over the phone. My money is already back on my giftcard and paypal.

If I used a $20 certificate when I preordered Wolfenstein, would I still be entitled to $16+tax back? I'm not too familiar with how certificates are considered when doing post-purchase PMs.
Has no bearing. The price for Wolfenstein that you paid was $48, it is now $32. That is $16 difference.

Call them back and ask to speak to Post Purchase Support. If you bought it in store you will need to go to the store, but if it was online for shipping or store pickup then you can do it over the phone. My money is already back on my giftcard and paypal.
That's who I talked to. It was an online order/store pickup. No biggie, I'll give a few days and see what happens.

Wow thanks everyone for the update on the PM, will be calling since I got Wolfenstein day 1 also.

I just tried and they said they would send my request for a refund to someone in another department and get back to me in 3 to 4 days. Oh Best buy
I was told the same thing. I called back and was told the same thing again, she said she's not familiar with GCU so it had to be sent to a different dept. I'll give it a few days since the sale last the whole week.

I`m guessing tbey finally realized people will just do a return/rebuy in 30/45 days if they don`t pm anyways. Sure for gaming you may miss te $10 pre-order bonus but if you paid $48 + tax & it`s $30 the money back is better than the $10. Those of you in need a fast upgrade to Elite Plus w/o really spending $3500 may now be more willing to do the visa card double dip.

Also, the 3 game purchase limit for 20% off might be changing too currently under review & BB mods have been ignoring clarification requests on the reg. forums boards. They may input a simple auto-add $1-$3 to every game over the 3rd copy or possibly add another GCU tier that allows for multiple $10 offers & up to 6 games 20% off before banning or auto-add fees.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/IdeaX/article-id/4810?device-view=desktop

They`ll probably refund the pts 1st vs the only form of payment.
What do you mean by that? Would they refund me $16 in points rather than $16+ tax on a GC (I don't have the original one I used to buy Wolfenstein, so they'd have to mail me a new one)? That would be weird since I'd miss out on the tax.

If you buy a $40 game paying $10 in cash, $10 credit/debit card, $10 in giftcard & $10 in mybb certs the system will automatically refund in this order
1- Mybb certs
2- BB Giftcard
3- Credit/Debit card
4- Cash

It`s done this way in retail by design they refund payment that`s most likely to keep you locked into their store.

If your pm amount back was $23 you`d get all the mybb pts, gc back plus $3 on your card. In-store the rep has the option to refund differently excluding mybb certs 1st.

If you no longer have the gc you used inform the rep ASAP otherwise the system will put it back on the original card. I never let give used cards to cashiers b/c of the 45 day pm/return policy for this reason. Plus you can always 1 use gc for everything just make reps load on it vs getting new cards including trades.

If you buy a $40 game paying $10 in cash, $10 credit/debit card, $10 in giftcard & $10 in mybb certs the system will automatically refund in this order
1- Mybb certs
2- BB Giftcard
3- Credit/Debit card
4- Cash

It`s done this way in retail by design they refund payment that`s most likely to keep you locked into their store.

If your pm amount back was $23 you`d get all the mybb pts, gc back plus $3 on your card. In-store the rep has the option to refund differently excluding mybb certs 1st.

If you no longer have the gc you used inform the rep ASAP otherwise the system will put it back on the original card. I never let give used cards to cashiers b/c of the 45 day pm/return policy for this reason. Plus you can always 1 use gc for everything just make reps load on it vs getting new cards including trades.
Um no....

I paid off Wolfenstein with $20 RZ and the rest in gift card. I was refunded the $16+tax back to my GC and NOT rewards.

Unless they have a new system implemented all my online PM always was refunded via GC/CC before RZ Points. 

Not sure about the order for GC vs CC but I know for sure RZ points are last due to time to process and reissue the points. It's just a lot of paper work involved with that. 

I honestly would rather have RZ points due to tax but they always refund me GC/CC first. 

Can BBY refund the differences into a different GC or send customer a new GC with the refund amt. Alot of people like me probably trash 2 weeks after purchase. I would hate to lose out on the PM due to unavailable GC. 

Whenever I would get an adjustment from online orders, in the past I would request to speak to "gaming department" when first talking to the operator.  From there, the rep would be familiar with GCU and would issue the credit adjustment immediately.

Can BBY refund the differences into a different GC or send customer a new GC with the refund amt. Alot of people like me probably trash 2 weeks after purchase. I would hate to lose out on the PM due to unavailable GC.
They should ask if you still have your giftcard, if you tell them you don't they'll issue you a new one. If they don't ask tell them you threw away the GC already and they'll still issue you a new GC.

It's actually the reason why I've been buying all my games with a credit card and using my GCs on other items. Plus extra bonus points help too. ;D

This is wrong. Ive PMed stuff before that I paid with some reward zone certs instore and I got money back in cash/gift card.
Store reps can manually overide that`s why I`ve requested cash back 1st before & was denied, then a rep I knew came & did it. During the conversation she broke it down for me. Also, the amounts spent in each form can make difference it`s quirky since mybb certs maybe split among several items in the purchase meaning you wouldn`t be refunded a full $5(250 pts).

You can pay using a credit card & request the entire amount back via gc to avoid the wait for posting.

When it comes to online orders it`s a little different in-store p/u & shipped orders shouls be the same as each other though. I generally do in-store purchases only or return/rebuy for in-store p/u just to keep purchases purely in-store. In-store is much less hassle to me.

Even in-stores I was always refunded via CC or GC first. Maybe its a new thing considering I haven't done a in-store PM since December of 2013 (been ordering online lately).

I'm not complaining because we can double dip on the whole not paying tax portion (that shit adds up) but I figured that was the reason why they always refunded CC/GC before RZ cert.

BB is really cheap/lazy with system updates look no further than 10% trade in issues or 3 game 20% limit. Unless they changed it it was that way for yrs. Plus, store reps can do things we don`t see that could be why you always get it that way.

You really wanna know how cheap BB is look at their response to giving GCU, elite/Elite plus members new membership cards. We pay $120/$1500/$3500 upfront but a 2-3 cent piece of plastic & bulk rate shipping is gonna kill them lol.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/IdeaX/article-id/4313?device-view=desktop

So even if we call to get a price adjustment, our preorder certficates won't be taken away? I preordered Wolfenstein and got the RZ certificates, any clarifications would be helpful!

Exciting news indeed for the new pm policy , unfortunately for me I'm only elite currently which puts me just outside the pm time frame for both watchdogs and wolfenstien . At the same time it gives me more motivation to hit elite plus .

really? I thought the way they do it is return and rebuy. At least thats how it's appeared in my receipts when doing so in the past
...That means they've been doing it wrong for you every time. A return-and-rebuy is entirely different from a price adjustment, as it won't result in you losing any attached preorder promotions.

I'm definitely going to BB after work to get my $16 + tax back from Wolfenstein. Anybody successfully in PM'ing in-store?

really? I thought the way they do it is return and rebuy. At least thats how it's appeared in my receipts when doing so in the past
...That means they've been doing it wrong for you every time. A return-and-rebuy is entirely different from a price adjustment, as it won't result in you losing any attached preorder promotions.
The in-store receipts are buggy. In all the times I've done an in-store adjustment, I've never had a problem with losing pre-order promos, even though different receipts have said return, exchange, or adjustment. However, it doesn't hurt to remind them that you are doing an adjustment and not a return.

I'm definitely going to BB after work to get my $16 + tax back from Wolfenstein. Anybody successfully in PM'ing in-store?
I just had mine adjusted in store. Didn't seem like GCU was automatic. She adjusted it to $32.99.

We are GCU and just looked online at Diablo 3 PS4, but don't see a preorder bonus. Is that a done deal on D3 already?

I don't know how you guys got the $16+ tax difference but two reps told me they could only PM the sale price not the sale price with GCU.

=( 

I don't know how you guys got the $16+ tax difference but two reps told me they could only PM the sale price not the sale price with GCU.
U
=(
Call back and demand to speak to a manager/supervisor. Tell them when you add the game to the cart it is $32 so you want the difference between what you paid and what you'd pay for now. If that still doesn't work, call the reward zone people and get pissed off because this is a PAID membership and you are getting ripped off by uneducated reps.

Call back and demand to speak to a manager/supervisor. Tell them when you add the game to the cart it is $32 so you want the difference between what you paid and what you'd pay for now. If that still doesn't work, call the reward zone people and get pissed off because this is a PAID membership and you are getting ripped off by uneducated reps.
exacty cause I when I called had a woman get shitty with me telling me it only 15 days price match (keep in mind im elite plus which she knew and confirmed before telling me all this) and I asked her where in the price match policy does it state 15 days which she didn't say nothing then saying she couldn't price match the $31.99 price and when I then asked to talk to a supervisor she said I am a supervisor which was lies cause then when I asked to talk to her supervisor if she indeed one and she kept coming up with excuses such as they aren't accepting calls, or they dealing with techinally problems. I then asked to talk to any supervisor including from any other department which she then said they all busy I said I will hold then she said they out for the day. She was a liar who tried bullshitting be a supervisor and didn't want to transfer to me cause she knew she would get in trouble by a real supervisor.

Off topic is the adjustment instant or take time? Cause I then called back and I guess they processed it but then give me a reference # and said it could be 24 to 48 hours. The stupid part is every single person I dealt with had no idea what gcu is and they were all in the entertainment/video game department which to me they should be required to be up to date on GCU since best buy is charging so much for me and it supposed to be best buy program they been advertising alot

My refund via both gift card and PayPal (2 different orders) were fully refunded within minutes after she issued them. So they "wait a few hours/days" thing may be true but it doesn't have to be.

The in-store receipts are buggy. In all the times I've done an in-store adjustment, I've never had a problem with losing pre-order promos, even though different receipts have said return, exchange, or adjustment. However, it doesn't hurt to remind them that you are doing an adjustment and not a return.
The return/rebuy is the lazy way to do it but it`s fast to them & some reps really only know how to do it that way. If I see them take the entire $48 + tax out then do a sales transaction giving me the remaining portion back I know it`s a return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back