Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
i think they just do that so they can charge you $10 if you cancel the preorder, bumping up sales.

that sherlock game just feels like it will drop like a rock, but basically $40ish at launch is hard to pass up (if the gc ever starts working, the offer isnt showing up online at all)
I feel the same way... that it will most likely drop like a rock post launch. The testament of Sherlock Holmes one has been on sale for $9.99 twice now, I believe.

I was really surprised to see that my $10 GC that comes free with the Evil Within shipped already. Isn't it usually standard procedure for places to ship these things as/AFTER the actual game releases?
They did the same thing with Natural Doctrine, the $10 GC ships immediately. If you cancel the order they do charge you $10 for the gift certificate if you try and take advantage of it.

Witcher 3 was guaranteed purchase (I rebought an xbox 360 just to play Witcher 2) so this is excellent news. Too bad we have to wait another 5 months for it to come out though. 

I have to read these forums more often. Reading that there's a $10 GC is great as it's basically the same thing as the $10 pre-order reward cert. How long does the $10 GC offer last?

And are there any other games that offer a $10 GC with the purchase? Thanks.

So I have $10 coming from the SSOD bundle + whatever amount of points I get from buying the bundle.  But, is there any chance of the points posting by the time the Master Chief Collection comes out or should I just preorder it now? Oh and am i going to be hounded by the credit card company because the stupid transaction keeps authorizing every so often?  

So I pre-ordered SoM for in-store pickup, do you guys think the Destiny TiV will stay at $40 until the 30th so I don't have to drive to BB twice? I called my local store about it but unfortunately the rep wasn't able to give me an answer regarding the end date of the TiV. I just remember someone on CAG talking about guaranteed $40 TiV being offered for a while, just can't remember if he mentioned a date or just left it up in the air.

So I pre-ordered SoM for in-store pickup, do you guys think the Destiny TiV will stay at $40 until the 30th so I don't have to drive to BB twice? I called my local store about it but unfortunately the rep wasn't able to give me an answer regarding the end date of the TiV. I just remember someone on CAG talking about guaranteed $40 TiV being offered for a while, just can't remember if he mentioned a date or just left it up in the air.
The guarantee is a promo at GameStop but I think bb will keep it $40 for a few more weeks

It's been going on a while, it changes as new games are coming.

This is the current list:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/games-promotions/my-best-buy-get-10/pcmcat308100050002.c?id=pcmcat308100050002
Thanks but I meant the $10 GC offer because like with The Evil Within, it's not listed unless you go into the item as if they're trying to hide the offer. I checked a few games like Lords or the Fallen, Dragon Age III and AC: Rogue but no such luck.

Happy with them adding The Witcher III to the $10 reward cert. list and with hopefully other games I want offering a $10 GC, im loving being a GCU member more and more. :)

My copy of Stick of Truth shipped today, but Shadows of Mordor pre-order has yet to ship. I hope since I have expedited it will ship tomorrow.

Thanks but I meant the $10 GC offer because like with The Evil Within, it's not listed unless you go into the item as if they're trying to hide the offer. I checked a few games like Lords or the Fallen, Dragon Age III and AC: Rogue but no such luck.

Happy with them adding The Witcher III to the $10 reward cert. list and with hopefully other games I want offering a $10 GC, im loving being a GCU member more and more. :)
Shadow Warrior has the $10 GC as well.

You will only get $10. Unless you have two different Best Buy accounts that you used to pre-order?
I bought two copies of Titanfall earlier this year and with it came two $10 certs.

However, they were on separate orders and one was the collectors, the other the standard.

Oh, my bad. I didn't even realize this promo was happening. I'd like a list too! : P

In all honesty as a best buy employee, it's better to have GCU because it's $30 for renewal and you get all new games for $45 and you get the $10 RZ for pre ordering. I use GCU because it's better than the discount..

In all honesty as a best buy employee, it's better to have GCU because it's $30 for renewal and you get all new games for $45 and you get the $10 RZ for pre ordering. I use GCU because it's better than the discount..
Um what? None of this made any sense...

It's $120 for two years, not $30. Games are $48+tax, so at least $50, not $45. You get the $10 even if you are a free GC member, and GCU is the discount...

If you mean the FREE GC program, how is it a $30 renewal....FREE GC IS FREE!

It's $120 for two years, not $30. Games are $48+tax, so at least $50, not $45. You get the $10 even if you are a free GC member, and GCU is the discount...

Can't you on occasion renew it for $30 if you were a member previously I did.

That might be the the price as a Best Buy employee.

Can't you on occasion renew it for $30 if you were a member previously I did.
There was only 1 time it was $30 to renew and it was a coupon sent to recent members. The best price for renewal after that was $60 for two years (which would be $30 a year) OR free when you bought a XB1 or PS4.

That might be the the price as a Best Buy employee.
It isn't, I can promise you that, lol.

[quote name="Saix_XIII" post="12125263" timestamp="1411949045"]Um what? None of this made any sense...
If you mean the FREE GC program, how is it a $30 renewal....FREE GC IS FREE![/quote

it's most effective with high priced CE like the ghost edition which I saved a good amount when I bought several :)

[quote name="Saix_XIII" post="12125263" timestamp="1411949045"]Um what? None of this made any sense...
If you mean the FREE GC program, how is it a $30 renewal....FREE GC IS FREE![/quote

it's most effective with high priced CE like the ghost edition which I saved a good amount when I bought several :)
So when I am stating it doesn't make $60 games $45, you bring up $80-150 games as a rebuttal? I fail to see how that matters at all.

Have any of you had an issue with getting your GCU discount if they forgot to put in my RZ # when I preordered? She asked for it but didn't put it in. Now I'm worried there'll be issues on Tuesday when I pick up FH2.

?

It's only $50 if you buy it on PSN anyway with PS+. Doubt this is a title that makes sense to include with the PS+ edition and all, but Sony exlusives are never involved anyway.
Yeah, but it would be $47.99 for me at Best Buy with my GCU, so I'd really like it to be part of this. : ]

I wish Forza Horizon 2 was apart of this deal
same here-- I would've jumped on it since it would've been a 'rental' assuming it will have a $40 TIV. Even though they're giving $10 XBL credit, I rarely ever use that stuff. Maybe for map packs, but I don't know.

Anyways, have till tomorrow to decide

Oh, my bad. I didn't even realize this promo was happening. I'd like a list too! : P
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Please-add-a-quot-stickied-quot-instant-giftcard-section-for/idi-p/852179#M5889

?Sony exlusives are never involved anyway.
That`s more on Sony than BB, if you notice BB offers generally 4 staple Sony release week promos

1- PSN/PS+ discounted w/pur of game
2- Discounted additional game(s) w/pur of game
3- Discounted accessories w/pur of game
4- Free or discounted game w/console pur

Most of us would prefer the $10 cert/gc although 2 & 3 can be much better depending on what games & if they`re on sale elsewhere.

I am quite on the fence with Shadows of Mordor.

The game looks incredibly fun, and is a mix of the good part of Assassin's Creed and the Arkham Series.

The problem is, the game is being produced by WB. Every single game released by this company has had a "Complete/Game of the Year/Ultimate" edition released within 6 to 8 months of the game's release. The bigger the hit, the faster the company seems to want to double dip.  Injustice and Arkham City had their complete edition come out in 6months of release, MK9 and etc 8months.

In all of these cases, the complete edition was substancially cheaper then buying the game and all the DLC separely or in DLC packs/season pass. So is there really that much insenstive to buy it this way?
The only game that didn't get a complete was Arkham Origin's due to how unfavorable the general opinion for that came was.

On the other hand, I can get the game down to $22 with my reward points and BCU, get $10 back and get the season pass cheap.

So, I am severely tempted. I was going to rent it and wait till Black Friday in hopes the game gets put on sale, which knowing the companies it very well may

The game looks incredibly fun, and is a mix of the good part of Assassin's Creed and the Arkham Series.

The problem is, the game is being produced by WB. Every single game released by this company has had a "Complete/Game of the Year/Ultimate" edition released within 6 to 8 months of the game's release. The bigger the hit, the faster the company seems to want to double dip. Injustice and Arkham City had their complete edition come out in 6months of release, MK9 and etc 8months.

In all of these cases, the complete edition was substancially cheaper then buying the game and all the DLC separely or in DLC packs/season pass. So is there really that much insenstive to buy it this way?
The only game that didn't get a complete was Arkham Origin's due to how unfavorable the general opinion for that came was.

On the other hand, I can get the game down to $22 with my reward points and BCU, get $10 back and get the season pass cheap.

So, I am severely tempted. I was going to rent it and wait till Black Friday in hopes the game gets put on sale, which knowing the companies it very well may
If you plan to play it now and have GCU then it's worth getting now. $48 with $10 certificate, then beat it in a week or so, get back $40-44 then wait for GOTY or complete edition to go on sale or you can rebuy the base game and dlc when they are on sale.

The problem is, the game is being produced by WB. Every single game released by this company has had a "Complete/Game of the Year/Ultimate" edition released within 6 to 8 months of the game's release. The bigger the hit, the faster the company seems to want to double dip. Injustice and Arkham City had their complete edition come out in 6months of release, MK9 and etc 8months.

If you plan to play it now and have GCU then it's worth getting now. $48 with $10 certificate, then beat it in a week or so, get back $40-44 then wait for GOTY or complete edition to go on sale or you can rebuy the base game and dlc when they are on sale.

I can get it right now for $22 with my certs, but I also have it on my GameFly queue.

I'm not sure GCU and these bonus certs are saving me money, I've went from a wait for it to be on sale type of guy to a pre orderer.. not good. haha

I'm not sure GCU and these bonus certs are saving me money, I've went from a wait for it to be on sale type of guy to a pre orderer.. not good. haha
Are you keeping the games? I pretty much buy every game that has a $10 cert offer. It's sweet essentially having free rentals on day one. Plus getting points for the trade ins.

I can get it right now for $22 with my certs, but I also have it on my GameFly queue.
Even if you plan to buy it on BF it`s better to do the pre-order deal & trade it in for the high value. Those pts/certs add up so you can reduced the cheapest BF, competitor pm or BB sale price using the certs on the copy you keep. Not only that(if you`re elite/elite plus) BB may drop the price in 30-45 days making the $48 drop to $32 w/$10.

If you ride the play n trade wave day 1 w/certs should be cheaper OOP over the long haul than waiting for sales. The same sale you buy at is the same one alot of ppl will too but they pay using the $10 cert & gc.

Even if you plan to buy it on BF it`s better to do the pre-order deal & trade it in for the high value. Those pts/certs add up so you can reduced the cheapest BF, competitor pm or BB sale price using the certs on the copy you keep. Not only that(if you`re elite/elite plus) BB may drop the price in 30-45 days making the $48 drop to $32 w/$10.

If you ride the play n trade wave day 1 w/certs should be cheaper OOP over the long haul than waiting for sales. The same sale you buy at is the same one alot of ppl will too but they pay using the $10 cert & gc.
I was just going to use my cert right now.. just thinking.

I was just going to use my cert right now.. just thinking.
That`s step one, if there`s a huge TIV & you`re not playing the game trade it back for $44.
Then when you see a $40 or less sale price buy it again using the $10 cert & pay using the gc. If it`s $29.99(24.99 GCU) on BF @ BB the $10 cert drops it below $20. There won`t be too many top tier titles that can be hard sub $20.

That`s step one, if there`s a huge TIV & you`re not playing the game trade it back for $44.
Then when you see a $40 or less sale price buy it again using the $10 cert & pay using the gc. If it`s $29.99(24.99 GCU) on BF @ BB the $10 cert drops it below $20. There won`t be too many top tier titles that can be hard sub $20.
Trade in prices are already sub 30 (Gamestop) and I cannot find BestBuy's.

However you may have a point man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back