Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Trade in prices are already sub 30 (Gamestop) and I cannot find BestBuy's.
However you may have a point man.
Google Best Buy trade in...

At least for X1/PS4, games start at $40 tiv, or $44 for GCU. And they usually hold for at least a month.

Madden just dropped to $33 and it's been out a month to give you an idea. 95% of the time you'll be able to "rent" a game for 3 weeks, for free.

That's what I always say I want to start doing, but I always just keep the games. At one point I had 60 Xbox 360 games, then I was short on funds so I started trading. Now that I have more money I tend to keep my games and build a collection, plus it takes me a lot longer to complete games now too. With two children, a wife, and a 50 hour per week job I'm lucky if I get to play 12 hours a week.

With that said, getting all the games in this promo day one, completing them, then trading them back would be ideal. Some games you might actually make a few bucks on. And you get a ton of points, basically for every game you get 4Xs the points, 2x for the purchase and 2x for the trade.

When you make a purchase with a gift card, does it count towards Elite?

Yeah, I tend to keep my games. I like having a collection and sometimes I do like to go back and play games again. Plus since its two of us. I might get a game and play it and beat it but then she'll want to play it later.

I`m not really banking on BF for much this yr GCU sales/coupons and/or competitor pm`s reduced by certs has done me well so far this yr. Console deals will be weaker than what`s already happened ealier in the yr so BF will only disappoint.

The only wildcards up in the air is if post purchase competitior pm`ing returns during the extended holiday return period & if they follow suit with BB pm`ing then too. With that ~90 days of pm`ing means every title released from Nov. on will be under $20 stress free.

Google Best Buy trade in...

At least for X1/PS4, games start at $40 tiv, or $44 for GCU. And they usually hold for at least a month.

Madden just dropped to $33 and it's been out a month to give you an idea. 95% of the time you'll be able to "rent" a game for 3 weeks, for free.
What I mean is they have no price for LOTR:SOM yet.

Yeah, I tend to keep my games. I like having a collection and sometimes I do like to go back and play games again. Plus since its two of us. I might get a game and play it and beat it but then she'll want to play it later.
Same.. though i am about to get rid of Destiny as a message.

Only way to send a message to a developer is by buying the game used... otherwise us doing the rental thing actually benefits the developer and pretty much screw with BB
Yup. Plus I think the game is a lot of fun anyway. Certainly not for everyone I guess but few games are.

I traded my physical copy back to BB and bought a $50 PSN card. Then I bought the PS3 Digital Guardian edition which works on both PS3 and PS4.

Yup. Plus I think the game is a lot of fun anyway. Certainly not for everyone I guess but few games are.

I traded my physical copy back to BB and bought a $50 PSN card. Then I bought the PS3 Digital Guardian edition which works on both PS3 and PS4.
I find the game fun, but also a huge lie, and disappointment.

I was expecting something bigger and more than what we got. Instead we got a game 1/4th the size of Borderlands 1 in the content and more grindy then a Korean MMO.

I think the people who don't like Destiny just never played an MMO before. Everyone I know really likes it because they are used to MMO style of gaming.

So probably asked a few times in this thread but haven't seen it yet - if I had already pre-ordered a game and they've NOW just said it'll qualify for the $10 do I still get the cert or do I have to cancel and pre-order it during the "window" here? Thanks!

I think the people who don't like Destiny just never played an MMO before. Everyone I know really likes it because they are used to MMO style of gaming.
I've played and maxed out on every MMO before WoW. I've also played WoW almost religiously since release, every xp and have tried every game thought to dethrone WoW from it's place.

Destiny's problem isn't the grinding, combat is amazing. The problem is there is less content in Destiny than in the average CoD, or Halo game. Borderlands and ANY MMO dwarf the game in content..

When you can literally do all the available content in 4-5hrs and get a max level char.. there is a problem. Then after all this, you have to grind in a really horrible RNG system to get better loot after it, thank god they are addressing the Engram, but I am bored.

I've played and maxed out on every MMO before WoW. I've also played WoW almost religiously since release, every xp and have tried every game thought to dethrone WoW from it's place.

Destiny's problem isn't the grinding, combat is amazing. The problem is there is less content in Destiny than in the average CoD, or Halo game. Borderlands and ANY MMO dwarf the game in content..

When you can literally do all the available content in 4-5hrs and get a max level char.. there is a problem. Then after all this, you have to grind in a really horrible RNG system to get better loot after it, thank god they are addressing the Engram, but I am bored.
Well, if it was any bigger you'd have to pay a monthly fee for it. Gotta look at the whole picture. Like an MMO it will evolve and change over time.

exactly what reviewers are saying, if you look at Destiny as an MMO then you probably hate it because of lack of material. If you look at it as a first person shooter then it isn't so bad. problem is, is that it is more like an MMO and that was what was promised with the game going forward.

Well, if it was any bigger you'd have to pay a monthly fee for it. Gotta look at the whole picture. Like an MMO it will evolve and change over time.
Um Guild Wars 1 and 2 are 100x bigger than Destiny and there is no monthly fee required.

This game takes pretty close to as much server space since it is a persistent world. So your line doesn't even work as an excuse.

exactly what reviewers are saying, if you look at Destiny as an MMO then you probably hate it because of lack of material. If you look at it as a first person shooter then it isn't so bad. problem is, is that it is more like an MMO and that was what was promised with the game going forward.
As I said, when compared to Bungie's other games (EXCEPT 3 and ODST) the game is half their size. Compared to FPSRPGS Like Borderlands, it's 1/4th their size.

I was expecting an FPSRPG about the size and content as the original Borderlands which would grow over time, and have light MMO elements much like the Souls series.

Instead, I got an MMOFPSRPG 1/4th the size of Borderlands, half the size of a Triple A FPS and more grinding elements than a Korean based MMO. (Examples of grind heavy.. FF11, Aion etc etc)

I think the people who don't like Destiny just never played an MMO before.
I've seen this excuse before and I don't agree. If you have played other MMO games before, it should just magnify Destiny's failures as an MMO style game.

There is just so little to do and the things that are available aren't that interesting or rewarding. PVP is flawed and most of the single player stuff is boring/repetitive, not to mention the loot system. The only thing that seems to be different is the raid, which still has the same loot system and I believe can only be done once a week on a single character. I'll admit that chasing better gear is addicting for me and I personally don't mind some repetitive gameplay or a bad single player story, but this game has more problems than just that. I'll probably trade it in tomorrow when I pick up Shadow of Mordor.

I've seen this excuse before and I don't agree. If you have played other MMO games before, it should just magnify Destiny's failures as an MMO style game.

There is just so little to do and the things that are available aren't that interesting or rewarding. PVP is flawed and most of the single player stuff is boring/repetitive, not to mention the loot system. The only thing that seems to be different is the raid, which still has the same loot system and I believe can only be done once a week on a single character. I'll admit that chasing better gear is addicting for me and I personally don't mind some repetitive gameplay or a bad single player story, but this game has more problems than just that. I'll probably trade it in tomorrow when I pick up Shadow of Mordor.
Thank you so much!
Yes, back in my early college years I was a HUGE MMO Player.

I still have max accounts in Meridian 59, Ultima Online, Shadowbane, Earth and Beyond, Sims Online, Anarchy Online, Asheron's Call, Asheron's Call 2, Everquest, Everquest 2, Lineage 2, City of Heroes, Ragnarok Online, Star Wars Galaxies, FF11, and many others who I can't name or remember off hand.

I've played wow since release, I played Warhammer Online, Aion, FF14, and SWTOR as well....

The amount of content in the base game is easily 100x that of the "Shared World Shooter" Destiny. Sure they claim it is not an MMO but in the end, that's what it really boils down to.. an MMO light.

Does anyone else dislike the NEW My Bestbuy website?
I liked it better when it was its own dedicated site. I can't tell where my pending points are at the moment and its driving me honestly up the wall.

I remember when FFXI and FFXIV came out and how bare bones it was as well.
Yes, they were.

However they were both 100x bigger than Destiny in sheer size and content.
That shows you how small Destiny is.

FF11 and FF14 takes weeks to months to hit max level at release, this is on a normal 3-4hr a day game play regime.

Desiny that 3-4 hrs you've done and seen everything and now get to do it again on harder difficulties.

All of Destiny could probably fit in in the size of Durotar + Org (The Orc starting zone).

It shouldn't even take 30 minutes to finish Durotar and Org doesn't have a lot of quests. Realistically speaking Destiny's leveling process is probably about as long as it would take somebody to hit 40ish in WoW assuming they've played before. Which is still pretty damn sad for Destiny.

Another problem I have with Destiny is once you finish leveling there's no motivation at all to play another class since they're all so generically similar and you're forced to go through the same boring leveling process. At least in a game like WoW or other MMO's they usually offer several different "zones" to play through when you decide to level a new character.

It shouldn't even take 30 minutes to finish Durotar and Org doesn't have a lot of quests. Realistically speaking Destiny's leveling process is probably about as long as it would take somebody to hit 40ish in WoW assuming they've played before. Which is still pretty damn sad for Destiny.

Another problem I have with Destiny is once you finish leveling there's no motivation at all to play another class since they're all so generically similar and you're forced to go through the same boring leveling process. At least in a game like WoW or other MMO's they usually offer several different "zones" to play through when you decide to level a new character.
I was speaking size of Destiny, not content. The areas you actually play and fight on are highly detailed but quite tiny. Not even a full zone in WoW which is why I was making that comparison

I can hit 40 in a couple of hours in WoW, unless I'm a Worgan or Goblin >_>, The start zones suck.

Yep, my roommate and I leveled all 3 classes in Destiny. I like Bladedancer the best but I've not touched the game in well over a week.

I had fun with Destiny, got a few exotics and what not. I just got to the point that there isn't anything of interest to do presently. Hopefully that changes but until then I'm trading my copy in for Shadows of Mordor as well and I look forward to the Division to scratch my mmoactionrpg itch.

I liked it better when it was its own dedicated site. I can't tell where my pending points are at the moment and its driving me honestly up the wall.
I agree with you. One thing I always liked with the old site was that you could view a simplified receipt of all your purchases, which seems to be gone now.

Seriously guys though how does bb.com preorders work?   I have a credit card with a $0 balance and $1000 limit on it which is more than enough to cover the xbone I'm getting next month but, I just think it's weird that the transaction shows up as pending then disappears.

The original Destiny vision was much, much bigger and better and people have figured out that the game got massively gutted in the past year, this is a pretty interesting read if you play Destiny

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2hqmkb/how_destinys_content_completely_changed_over_the/

Its a decent game but its not GOTY material or anything, and the story/campaign is beyond atrocious.  Actual gameplay mechanics are really good though, especially in PVP.  People hated on Titanfall though for being a $60 MP game, and thats really what Destiny is too.  

Seriously guys though how does bb.com preorders work? I have a credit card with a $0 balance and $1000 limit on it which is more than enough to cover the xbone I'm getting next month but, I just think it's weird that the transaction shows up as pending then disappears.
and then it will randomly check the balance as well. BB's preorder system sucks... Amazon is the best because they don't do anything until it ships.

and then it will randomly check the balance as well. BB's preorder system sucks... Amazon is the best because they don't do anything until it ships.
Yeah it's kinda lame but, I'll put up with it for the bonus credit. As long as I don't end up having to spend time with customer support of the credit card company explaining mysterious transactions I'll be happy.

Yeah it's kinda lame but, I'll put up with it for the bonus credit. As long as I don't end up having to spend time with customer support of the credit card company explaining mysterious transactions I'll be happy.
This happened to me last week. I have a few preorders and I have about the exact amount in my debit account. Few days ago I checked the balance and it was significantly lower then it should have been. I thought I made a purchase or a subscription service charged my account. Two days later the funds were back to the amount it should be at, and everything was ok. I was starting to think about changing games I plan to get this Fall. Was relieved to find out that wasn't the case.

The original Destiny vision was much, much bigger and better and people have figured out that the game got massively gutted in the past year, this is a pretty interesting read if you play Destiny

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2hqmkb/how_destinys_content_completely_changed_over_the/

Its a decent game but its not GOTY material or anything, and the story/campaign is beyond atrocious. Actual gameplay mechanics are really good though, especially in PVP. People hated on Titanfall though for being a $60 MP game, and thats really what Destiny is too.
That you for the link I have to point this section out entirely

"There were sudden and abrupt changes in the development of Destiny less than a year ago. There was tension between higher ups the entire time we were developing the title due to a lack of cohesion about the vision for the game. One side wanted this huge space epic, like an MMO Mass Effect and the other side was not convinced that would sell and wanted to pare things back to more "easily accessible" standards. They were afraid too much story elements and cut scenes would drive players off.

Then Joe left and everything just fell apart. By the time we were 7 months out to release, word came down that we were making massive revisions to the game's story. Huge portions of dialogue were excised and I think several recordings were redone to support the new narrative. Entire areas that would have been in the final game were removed, but some of the context wasn't, which explains weird reactions from NPCs and strange, unexplained motivations. We had a guy come in to write the grimoire cards who was given access to the original script with notations on what was cut and what needed to be revised in order to make this zombie of a game seem plausible.

All of the Last City factions had their storylines and dialogue cut, the Guardian's initial introduction to the Tower and the Last City was cut, and ALL the origins were homogenized down to the one originally used for Exo characters.

Most of what was cut was planned to be re-polished into DLC, but it's all there on the disc. Not all of it is live on the servers, but it's all there on the disc. Some last minute art assets needed to be remade, which is what you'll be downloading.

It's an embarrassing disaster and not the game I thought would be published.
"

So, we were originally going to get a sprawling space opera in the beginning with light MMO elements. That was what was revealed and shown to us back in E3 2012 and 2013.. then in 7months Bungie and Activision thought it would scare off the Dude Bro crowd of CoD because it was too complicated and indepth.. and instead we got this half finished feeling piece of crap.

I hope whomever's decision to cut all this content was severely reprimanded then fired for this. It was a horrible decision.

Hate it so much. They pulled an EA. "Here's an update, but we removed features."

This happened to me last week. I have a few preorders and I have about the exact amount in my debit account. Few days ago I checked the balance and it was significantly lower then it should have been. I thought I made a purchase or a subscription service charged my account. Two days later the funds were back to the amount it should be at, and everything was ok. I was starting to think about changing games I plan to get this Fall. Was relieved to find out that wasn't the case.
I'm actually thinking of stopping using debit. My bank account is tied to my credit card anyway so all I really have to do is spend 30 seconds paying it off once a month and you ant overdraft credit. Think I'll just keep this one card dedicated to videogames

Speaking of Best Buy, am I the only one who can't get a fuck ing order to through on their site right now?

Yea the website was messing up real bad Saturday night to cause every time I tried going to my items in my cart it wouldn't load and instead say cart feature unavailable at this time. For the last two weeks straight since best buy first started messing with the website and there computers there have been nonstop problems from website problems to phone CsR computer difficult to instore computers errors and problems

I'm actually thinking of stopping using debit. My bank account is tied to my credit card anyway so all I really have to do is spend 30 seconds paying it off once a month and you ant overdraft credit. Think I'll just keep this one card dedicated to videogames
What's really bugging me about Best Buy lately is they are sending my games and movies out on FRIDAY the week before, so if the game or movie goes on sale... they don't auto price correct it anymore.

Interested in "Witcher" but I want an edition which includes "Witcher" and "Witcher 2" optimized for the current gen.  Giving gamers a non-gimped console version of "Witcher 2" would be great and an awesome incentive as a preorder.

Interested in "Witcher" but I want an edition which includes "Witcher" and "Witcher 2" optimized for the current gen. Giving gamers a non-gimped console version of "Witcher 2" would be great and an awesome incentive as a preorder.
I am curious about Witcher, but I dislikd 2.

I have Sunset Overdrive in my cart and the $10 Gift Card isn't there.

I'm new to this, can you only take advantage of the $10 gift card option every couple weeks or something? I pre-ordered The Evil Within last week and the gift card came in the mail today.

I'm new to this, can you only take advantage of the $10 gift card option every couple weeks or something? I pre-ordered The Evil Within last week and the gift card came in the mail today.
The $10 gift card is an exception to the $10 preorder gift certificate bonus. Sunset overdrive gets the $10 gift cert(500 points) 15 days after picking up your preordered copy of it.

Sunset Overdrive has a $10 pre-order certificate (receive up to 15 days after you pick up the game) not a $10 gift card.

sunset overdrive is a $10 reward certificate, that you get after picking up the game in your account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back