Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
How would a return rebuy work if you took advantage of the $10 preorder bonus? Take SoM for example, everyone paid $60/$48 and got $10 in RZ points if you preordered. If you buy a new copy today at the lower price and return it using the transaction with the preorder, wouldn't you lose the 500 points as well?
Exactly. :wall:

How would a return rebuy work if you took advantage of the $10 preorder bonus? Take SoM for example, everyone paid $60/$48 and got $10 in RZ points if you preordered. If you buy a new copy today at the lower price and return it using the transaction with the preorder, wouldn't you lose the 500 points as well?
You sure would. That's why the policy is smart for BB but bad for us. It sucks cause only Elite and Elite Plus could take advantage anyway and you only get to that level by spending plenty of money lol BB should let the $10 go.

It also would have sucked for the Madden 15 deal, since those were bought using the $10 off coupon from the trade-in deal (much like the upcoming COD:AW).

fact is you are already scoring pretty good by paying $38 ($48 GCU - $10 preorder bonus) and trading in for $44.  Getting an extra $10 is nice, but you aren't losing out a lot by Best Buy not PMing

the reason all this shitstorm is going down this way is because all you guys starting flooding the forum mods inboxes with PM requests.  That was stupid.  The second that happened they got overwhelmed and decided to cut everyone off.  PMs are not supposed to be the way customer service is done, it was dumb trying to shortcut the phone lines and email systems.

If you still call in and NEVER MENTION PRICE MATCH but instead say Price Adjustment and explain the cost of the game has dropped below what you paid and you'd rather get a GC for the difference than return the game and rebuy, chances are you will succeed.  Or email the customer service address.  Sometimes it'll work, sometimes it won't.  For me the effort isn't worth it, I'll stick with the savings I get buying the game at launch and trading ASAP and not deal with the extra work.

You sure would. That's why the policy is smart for BB but bad for us. It sucks cause only Elite and Elite Plus could take advantage anyway and you only get to that level by spending plenty of money lol BB should let the $10 go.
The thing is this does NOT punish those who got the $10. It punishes those who are GCU! People who are standard GC and pay $60 for a game and get $10 back will still get $10 back on a price match if the game goes to $50 and keep the $10 RZ!

So this is not hurting the $10 program, but the $120 membership people. Which is idiotic and IMO anti-consumer.

They are saying "People who join our membership will have LESS benefits overall than a normal member who paid $0" HOW IS THAT FAIR!?

The thing is this does NOT punish those who got the $10. It punishes those who are GCU! People who are standard GC and pay $60 for a game and get $10 back will still get $10 back on a price match if the game goes to $50 and keep the $10 RZ!

So this is not hurting the $10 program, but the $120 membership people. Which is idiotic and IMO anti-consumer.

They are saying "People who join our membership will have LESS benefits overall than a normal member who paid $0" HOW IS THAT FAIR!?
I think you should add that argument to the BBY forum thread as it does seem like they have closed the gap between GCU and non GCU

I think you should add that argument to the BBY forum thread as it does seem like they have closed the gap between GCU and non GCU
it won't help I posted a comment asking who right or wrong since Aaron said GCU members are allowed to post purchase match about 20 minutes ago and 10 minutes ago my comment was deleted and someone else was deleted to. So look like they are deleting people comments that contradict what they said before

it won't help I posted a comment asking who right or wrong since Aaron said GCU members are allowed to post purchase match about 20 minutes ago and 10 minutes ago my comment was deleted and someone else was deleted to. So look like they are deleting people comments that contradict what they said before
Shoot, then I was hasty in saying I'd go the PM route for price adjustments, because that sounds all kinds of shifty. :???:

Shoot, then I was hasty in saying I'd go the PM route for price adjustments, because that sounds all kinds of shifty. :???:
do you think it will get there attention if everyone here made there own threads on the best buy forum? I mean if 40 or 50 topics asking for clarification appeared all the sudden

I think we need to do one of those vote threads and get it changed because its bs. We pay for this service and they want to take away a service anyone can use. Its not suppose to be like that

If I can chime in. I am not defending the mods on Unboxed for deleting ANY thread that is on topic and not offensive (those deserve to be removed). But flooding the forums with the same question over and over again will not do anything but make us look like children who can't sit still.

Give it a few days, let stuff calm down a bit and hopefully the official policy will be updated by then. If it isn't then make an ideax post and we can all upvote it. Change doesn't happen because a large group of people start screaming. Change happens because a large group of people stand up for themselves with a single, respectful, but strong voice.

Some of you are going crazy over a couple of $'s lol. I personally don't see a problem with blocking price adjusting on games that got the $10 pre order bonus but should be allowed for games that had no pre order bonus.

Some of you are going crazy over a couple of $'s lol. I personally don't see a problem with blocking price adjusting on games that got the $10 pre order bonus but should be allowed for games that had no pre order bonus.
If they do this, they need to block it for all members, GC or GCU alike. As it stands the way the mods on the Unboxed forums are talking to us, they will allow it for GC but NOT for GCU....And that is the main issue.

If I can chime in. I am not defending the mods on Unboxed for deleting ANY thread that is on topic and not offensive (those deserve to be removed). But flooding the forums with the same question over and over again will not do anything but make us look like children who can't sit still.

Give it a few days, let stuff calm down a bit and hopefully the official policy will be updated by then. If it isn't then make an ideax post and we can all upvote it. Change doesn't happen because a large group of people start screaming. Change happens because a large group of people stand up for themselves with a single, respectful, but strong voice.
tell that to toys r us for banning breaking bad figures being sold cause of a unhappy mom and they actually followed through with the ban cause of the complaints

tell that to toys r us for banning breaking bad figures being sold cause of a unhappy mom and they actually followed through with the ban cause of the complaints
I am not saying we shouldn't complain. I am saying we need to do it in an orderly way. Bum rushing them with 40 to 50 different topics is going to work against us, not for us.

EDIT:

As far as I know, that woman went to twitter, and started a petition. She did not go to Toys R Us with a sign and picket. She did not call customer service 24/7. She did it in a way that was organized and respectful.

I am not saying we shouldn't complain. I am saying we need to do it in an orderly way. Bum rushing them with 40 to 50 different topics is going to work against us, not for us.

EDIT:

As far as I know, that woman went to twitter, and started a petition. She did not go to Toys R Us with a sign and picket. She did not call customer service 24/7. She did it in a way that was organized and respectful.
Yes because twitter is a nice organized resourceful place.

[quote name="dreamer131313" post="12181775" timestamp="1414166024"]I asked mike who lying him or Aaron and who telling the truth how much you want to bet my comment get deleted?
kRWKKgO.jpg
[/quote]
Saved the screenshot. Thanks!

Yes because twitter is a nice organized resourceful place.
It is, people make it messy. She also made a petition OUTSIDE of twitter. That got over 10,000 digital signatures. A website or a forum or any place to express ideas can not be inherently bad or negative, it is the users of said place that turn it into that.

Also, please be aware, I am not in support or against the removal of those figures. I can see both sides of the fence there. But ultimately it is the parents who are to blame if their child gets their hands on those toys, NOT Toys R Us. I did not bring up the topic of those figures, someone else did, I was just addressing them, not trying to start a debate about twitter or Toys R Us or Breaking Bad.

Im confused cause does anyone remember that idea thread i made about the Live Chat Support on Bestbuy.com about a week ago?

They just changed the status to acknowledged and wrote this:

"We do provide live chat on our website, and these agents can provide policy information and post-purchase price matches."

Im confused cause does anyone remember that idea thread i made about the Live Chat Support on Bestbuy.com about a week ago?

They just changed the status to acknowledged and wrote this:

"We do provide live chat on our website, and these agents can provide policy information and post-purchase price matches."
I have seen a chat option pop up from time to time on BBY, but I am unaware of any way to start it yourself. Maybe you can ask them to post a link of where to find this chat option?

Ok fellow cags.. I haven't really ever messed with Best Buy but I'm going to give it a shot soon.  Trying to take advantage of some overlapping promotions.  I don't know much about this process though so if anyone more experienced wants to help by doublecheck my plan I'd appreciate it!

1. Wait until the 26th and purchase a GCU unlocked membership for $30 along with a 39.99 game.

2. Trade in a few games with the 10% and 50% bonuses.  This includes :360: cod:ghosts for $20 base (would this be $32 after bonuses?).  From what I understand trading this game will also net me a $10 coupon off :ps4: Advanced Warfare

3.  Pre-order :ps4: Advanced Warfare.  From what I understand I will also get another $10 certificate bonus for pre-ordering this title with GCU.

4.  Pick up the pre-order at release.  Can a movers coupon be appled to a preorder?  Seems like using one when picking it up would be the time to do it.

Ok fellow cags.. I haven't really ever messed with Best Buy but I'm going to give it a shot soon. Trying to take advantage of some overlapping promotions. I don't know much about this process though so if anyone more experienced wants to help by doublecheck my plan I'd appreciate it!

1. Wait until the 26th and purchase a GCU unlocked membership for $30 along with a 39.99 game.

2. Trade in a few games with the 10% and 50% bonuses. This includes :360: cod:ghosts for $20 base (would this be $32 after bonuses?). From what I understand trading this game will also net me a $10 coupon off :ps4: Advanced Warfare

3. Pre-order :ps4: Advanced Warfare. From what I understand I will also get another $10 certificate bonus for pre-ordering this title with GCU.

4. Pick up the pre-order at release. Can a movers coupon be appled to a preorder? Seems like using one when picking it up would be the time to do it.
The $20 value for Ghosts (which is $10 on 360, so I assume you meant to type the XB1 logo :xb1:) + $10 coupon for AW offer is only good through 11/1, the day before the 50% bonus starts.

The $20 value for Ghosts (which is $10 on 360, so I assume you meant to type the XB1 logo :xb1:) + $10 coupon for AW offer is only good through 11/1, the day before the 50% bonus starts.
Correct, I meant the xb1 logo. Thanks for catching that.

Didn't realize the 50% bonus wouldn't be in effect yet. Thanks for pointing that out as well. Still worth doing though.

Will the rest of that plan work then?

Correct, I meant the xb1 logo. Thanks for catching that.

Didn't realize the 50% bonus wouldn't be in effect yet. Thanks for pointing that out as well. Still worth doing though.

Will the rest of that plan work then?
Yes, it should, though I can't confirm whether you could apply the mover's coupon to a preorder since I haven't used it myself. Also--and you probably intended to do this all along--don't forget to use that $10 off coupon on AW when you go to pick it up.

Yes, it should, though I can't confirm whether you could apply the mover's coupon to a preorder since I haven't used it myself. Also--and you probably intended to do this all along--don't forget to use that $10 off coupon on AW when you go to pick it up.
You should be able to as I did this for Madden, but don't be surprised if an employee tries to reject it due to multiple coupons being used.

Shame they aren't offering a $10 RZ certificate for NBA Live.
Does anyone know of any preorder deals on NBA Live?
I'm happy I'm not the only one excited for NBA Live. Last year's game was so good that it was the reason that I upgraded to the next-gen.

So the official response is no pming of any kind with GCU. They consider post purchase price adjustments the same as pming a competitor which is BS. Time to start a topic to get this idiotic policy fixed. Simple return rebuy gets around this which is just a waste of time for everyone
idk if you noticed but I just checked again and your post on best buy is completely deleted now

Yeah, I have no idea what is going on. Its like they are trying to hide it from people or something.
I told you they deleted my thread I posted a couple fews ago on the same topic. A moderator replied and said post purchase adjusting and GCU is allowed then a few days later deleted. I messaged them and the reply was

It appears that we have received a definite response in-regards to the thread that you created and will be updating the Gamers Club Unlocked FAQ shortly. We archived the thread in-order to clear up any potential confusion. Please keep in mind that we reserve the right to delete or edit any posts when deemed necessary. With that being said, please check the forum periodically for an update.

Thank you!

This Was sent around the 9th so I was hoping the FAQs would be updated by now but as we know that has not happened. I think we should start an ideaX on the topic And see if they delete that as well or actually update the policy

Can you please go into further detail on the "exhange" or "even exchange" to negate the loss of the 500 points?

Are you saying if you buy something else and as long as it isn't processed as a return?
A return/rebuy is nothing more than a lazy exchange honestly. You just need to make it clear BEFORE they start that you need the purchase exchanged not returned then re-ringed. If they aren`t sure how to get a manager the process is simple but reps do the lazy.

I'm happy I'm not the only one excited for NBA Live. Last year's game was so good that it was the reason that I upgraded to the next-gen.

I support Rozz 100%.
i agree. and nba live 15 has the best point guard in nba damian lillard on the cover, the portland trailblazers is probably going to win the nba championship in 2015

Has anyone bothered to ask Dc_Delta or Delta_DC or whatever his name is if he has any idea of what going on with the policy?
I had an extensive conversation with him over the last few weeks about this. I don't want to say much due to not wanting to share information he rather not be put in the open. What I can say is he is aware of the issues and he is addressing them as best he can.

Anything else on the subject will have to be shared by him personally.

Anyone know if it's to late to preorder the cod Xbox one bundle and get the $10 bonus? I called my local store and they said it could no longer be preordered in store(you know how that goes), can anyone else comment on this? Anyone preorder lately? I don't see why I couldn't preorder it since it's still over a week to go to release

Anyone know if it's to late to preorder the cod Xbox one bundle and get the $10 bonus? I called my local store and they said it could no longer be preordered in store(you know how that goes), can anyone else comment on this? Anyone preorder lately? I don't see why I couldn't preorder it since it's still over a week to go to release
Check another store, the store you called probably hit their max pre-order numbers. Look on http://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft and check in store pickup. If available you can pre-order in store or it will state unavailable, which means check another store. Of the 10 stores closest to me, 2 are unavailable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back