Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I cancelled my paid off Watch Dogs PS4 pre-order and instead put it on a pre-order for AC4 on PS4. Dissapointed to say the least but hopefully this means the game ends up being better.

I have batman preordered debating if I should keep it, if I cancel would they charge me $50 for the steelbook since thats what its listed for on their website?  I have the game as pickup in store and the steelbook already shipped...

a few weeks ago i place 3 preorders for watchdog, battlefield 4, cod ghost and the transaction still haven't post to my reward account ($5 down, $15 total). I made several non gaming purchase after that and they all posted. In the past, these pre-order alwasy shows up for me. I don't want to lose the $10 back. I also tried adding the transaction manually but it says its already on the account.

Has anyone seen this before?
The $10 will post after you pick up the games when they come out. I think you need to pick them up within 2 weeks of launch for the points to count?

The $10 will post after you pick up the games when they come out. I think you need to pick them up within 2 weeks of launch for the points to count?
No, you are not understanding what I'm asking. The pre-order transactions are not showing up on my reward acct., in the past, they normally do. When I attempt to add it manually, it's says it's already applied to my acct. are others seeing the same issue where preorder fail to display on ur reward trans log.

Hey guys. How long does it normally take you to get your $10 gift cards/certificates?
I got gta's within 5days, it varies but almost never actually gets to 15 days.

If you want it sooner email mybestbuy or reward zone (they changed names)

Anyone know the answer?
Historically I would've said that they won't charge you since that's how it worked with the AC3 steelbooks, but recently they had a $0 promo item on an order I didn't pick up and they changed it to $35 afterwards and charged my card without notification (it was some av software). Spent a month trying to get it reverted via customer service/community forums and eventually had to go through my credit card to dispute it and get my money back. It was tacked on to a Nexus 7 order too which, of course, can't load Windows av software.

Might be safer in the long run to just let it ship and return it in store, but I might just be paranoid now.

I have batman preordered debating if I should keep it, if I cancel would they charge me $50 for the steelbook since thats what its listed for on their website? I have the game as pickup in store and the steelbook already shipped...
Don't cancel. Best Buy has been banning people for cancelling items in a bundle with a free item. It's possible your situation becomes like handsomepete where they just charge you after the fact but don't risk it. Just pickup and return everything later.

Don't cancel. Best Buy has been banning people for cancelling items in a bundle with a free item. It's possible your situation becomes like handsomepete where they just charge you after the fact but don't risk it. Just pickup and return everything later.
Hmm, a related question. I got in on the old Cod Ghosts Bundle for the Xb1 awhile back. But with all this 720p stuff (if it's all true) I think I want to switch to the PS4 version. Would I encounter the same problem? They already sent the Blops stuff and 400 msp, but not the 12mo Live. Thanks!

For those that bought Batman Arkham Origins, is your myBestBuy account showing the pending 500 points for the $10 cert yet?  I just checked my account and my purchase of Batman is listed, but there is no mention of the 500 points.  I know it's early, but just curious if other people's accounts are the same way right now.

For those that bought Batman Arkham Origins, is your myBestBuy account showing the pending 500 points for the $10 cert yet? I just checked my account and my purchase of Batman is listed, but there is no mention of the 500 points. I know it's early, but just curious if other people's accounts are the same way right now.
One of two things, the system didn't update or your mybestbuy account wasn't linked.

Either way if it doesn't show on day of pick up email customer service, they'll fix it for you.

For those that bought Batman Arkham Origins, is your myBestBuy account showing the pending 500 points for the $10 cert yet? I just checked my account and my purchase of Batman is listed, but there is no mention of the 500 points. I know it's early, but just curious if other people's accounts are the same way right now.
My Batman order is listed the same way. But you should be fine. Same thing happened with my order for GTA V, and the points showed up on the transaction a few days later.

Same here too..all my bonuses except the 500 posted so far.

I was at Best Buy today to preorder BF4 for Xbox One. I went to the kiosk to print off the ticket, and when the clerk at the counter tried to ring me up, it said that BF4 Xbox One was unavailable for preorder.

He was, however, able to preorder the BF4 LE for the same price ($60). Not sure what makes it a Limited Edition over the standard, but hey, for the same price, sure!

(But I'm guessing there isn't really a LE)

I was at Best Buy today to preorder BF4 for Xbox One. I went to the kiosk to print off the ticket, and when the clerk at the counter tried to ring me up, it said that BF4 Xbox One was unavailable for preorder.

He was, however, able to preorder the BF4 LE for the same price ($60). Not sure what makes it a Limited Edition over the standard, but hey, for the same price, sure!

(But I'm guessing there isn't really a LE)
Last year, it was the first DLC included for the LE.

I know that it's a YMMV situation, but does anyone know if Best Buy is planning midnight launches for AC4 tomorrow?  I'd much rather pick it up Tuesday morning but I'd like to secure my wife's giant statue edition for sure, plus I'd be down for some swag.

I don't understand why WWE 2k14 wasn't on this list.

No where is offering anything but the free Ultimate Warrior character that most have. BBY has a free WWE bluray at midnight release.

Anyone know how fast their shipping is for pre-orders? I'm having problems pre-ordering CoD:Ghosts in-store and for store pickup and was wondering how long it'll take for it to arrive.

Anyone know how fast their shipping is for pre-orders? I'm having problems pre-ordering CoD:Ghosts in-store and for store pickup and was wondering how long it'll take for it to arrive.
I got GTA 5 on release date when I ordered on bestbuy.com and they shipped via USPS.

Has Best Buy fixed it's in store preorder system with the deposit amount coming off correctly now? Or is it all still borked? I haven't picked one up since Last of Us. Thanks!

Has Best Buy fixed it's in store preorder system with the deposit amount coming off correctly now? Or is it all still borked? I haven't picked one up since Last of Us. Thanks!

Worked perfectly for me, zero issues. I was in, paid and out in 5 minutes flat so I could spend the next hour freezing in my car.

Took forever last night to pick up my games, girl was clueless, tried to give me BLOPS II, and a pc version of battlefield. I am almost certain she screwed up the preorder part as well, so we shall see. And yes she failed to give me the LE versions at first as well.

Chill people. You have to wait until two weeks after your purchase before you should be worrying about points not showing up. This thread becomes almost useless whenever a game on the list releases as it is full of people who are terrified that they might have to make a phone call to fix a mistake. Not calling anyone out as this is how it has been since the thread was created. It's just a pet peeve of mine.

How does price matching other retailers work with pre-orders? TRU is supposed to have $10 off any $59.99 game next week and would like to try to get in on that and this promotion for CoD

How does price matching other retailers work with pre-orders? TRU is supposed to have $10 off any $59.99 game next week and would like to try to get in on that and this promotion for CoD
It's not allowed per policy, however some have been able to get CSRs that did it anyway.

It's not allowed per policy, however some have been able to get CSRs that did it anyway.
oh ok. Thanks for the quick reply!

Might just not pre-order and buy it in store on Tuesday with a price match since I have BB GCs to burn through. Or I'll probably preorder in store and attempt a price match. If it works, great. If it doesn't, then just return the pre-order and buy it. I prefer the $10 off as oppose to a $10 BB certificate.

oh ok. Thanks for the quick reply!

Might just not pre-order and buy it in store on Tuesday with a price match since I have BB GCs to burn through. Or I'll probably preorder in store and attempt a price match. If it works, great. If it doesn't, then just return the pre-order and buy it. I prefer the $10 off as oppose to a $10 BB certificate.
You can pre-order in store. On the day of release just tell them you want to also get a price match. This should allow you to get the $10 RZ Cert and the price match together. The ymmv is when you try to pre-order online and get a price match since Best Buy does not officially allow it but some CSRs do it anyways.

Question. I preordered Ghosts for Xbox 360 at Best Buy for the $10 back in RZ points.

When the 19th rolls around (unofficial launch date for Ghosts on X1), I plan to do the next-gen upgrade for $10. Do you think that will have an effect on my RZ points for the original preorder? Could BB perhaps see me 'returning' Ghosts and decline the points?

Question. I preordered Ghosts for Xbox 360 at Best Buy for the $10 back in RZ points.

When the 19th rolls around (unofficial launch date for Ghosts on X1), I plan to do the next-gen upgrade for $10. Do you think that will have an effect on my RZ points for the original preorder? Could BB perhaps see me 'returning' Ghosts and decline the points?
why would they see it as return? the xbone trade in promo has you trading in the game to bestbuy, the only way they see it as return, is if you actually return the game.

You'll. Be just fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back