Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally, $20 cert's would be a good thing to have. But with GCU, getting each game for $48 and then getting the $10 certs does make it up down the line. If you'd rather spend $60 on Game A and get Game B for $40, or spend $48 on Game A and get Game B for $38, the GCU does have one benefit in this case. $100 vs $86 (after cert's)...

I had bought two Madden's--one pre-order and then one around Black Friday. I got 500 points for the Black Friday one, but idk.

Still haven't received my $25- 3 XB1 & BF4. I'm going to PM on the unlocked forum.
Guess you missed my post. It took me 30 days to get my Ghosts preorder points.

What other titles do y'all want added? Keep in mind, any recommendations we don't agree with could result in one of the current titles being voted off the island. Won't remove them from the promo but they'll be shamed publicly. Think before you respond. :)
The Witcher 3, Dragon Age: Inquisition

It's usually multiplatform titles unfortunately, and even with multiplatform titles that were on Wii U like Ghosts and Watch Dogs, it didn't count towards bonus points.
That's unfortunate. I see no reason this promotion should be limited to multiplatform titles or denied to Nintendo consoles.

That's unfortunate. I see no reason this promotion should be limited to multiplatform titles or denied to Nintendo consoles.
I'm assuming the reasons are ones you can't see and you're not supposed to see. I would guess there are incentives publishers give Best Buy to offer better deals on certain games. It's likely more of Nintendo's fault than it is Best Buy.

To clarify, this is pure speculation from an uninformed nobody.

Looks like they might be doing away with the 10$ pre-order and purchase bonuses as all the titles on that webpage are showing up as "NO LONGER ELIGIBLE"

I'm assuming the reasons are ones you can't see and you're not supposed to see. I would guess there are incentives publishers give Best Buy to offer better deals on certain games. It's likely more of Nintendo's fault than it is Best Buy.

To clarify, this is pure speculation from an uninformed nobody.
Likely so. At least I get 20% off with GCU. An extra $10 back would be much appreciated, though.

Got an email saying that my PS4 titles were not eligible for the $25.00 promo.  Does anyone have a link or know which games were on the list?

Looks like they might be doing away with the 10$ pre-order and purchase bonuses as all the titles on that webpage are showing up as "NO LONGER ELIGIBLE"
Errr... I'd like to see you preorder any of those games at this point (they all came out) plus southpark is an error as its origional release date (probably coded into the page to change to no longer eligible when it hit it) was delayed.

So its still eligible.

Got an email saying that my PS4 titles were not eligible for the $25.00 promo. Does anyone have a link or know which games were on the list?
did you email CS or something?

My bonus points for my CoD Ghosts preorder took 30 days to post. I remember Mike mentioning on the BBY forums that the next gen promos werent going to post right away either.

did you email CS or something?

My bonus points for my CoD Ghosts preorder took 30 days to post. I remember Mike mentioning on the BBY forums that the next gen promos werent going to post right away either.
My Ghosts bonus and points post 2 week after pick up. However I still have yet to recieve my $25 for the 3 ps4 or x1 games.

so... i guess the site needs to be updated, bestbuy site says south park is no longer eligible for the $10 .... also.. is the @gamer magazine still around, i kinda though i heard it was cancelled.

Called and was given the $25 for the ps4 games but they wouldn't give me the $25 for the x1 games and even though it's been 30 days they told me to wait until the end of the week and call back. Classis BBY customer service.

Yeah, according to BestBuy.com nothing is available for the $10 RC anymore.  I already preordered Destiny and Watch Dogs.  I need to go into BB tomorrow anyway so if the advertising is still up I'll preorder Dying Light and Elder scrolls instore. 

^ most of the games were released early , I bought my 3 Xbox one games on the 18th .
The system originally had the Xbone software release dates as Nov. 22nd. Even though Microsoft lifted the street date restrictions, the promo was probably coded to go off the original list date not what was revised in the POS.

My Call of Duty promo points tell me that the bonus points are still working off the old system rules. In some circumstances, my 500 reward zone points did not actually post until 35 days after release date for some of the titles this year that were eligible for the $10 promo.

If i pre order something with reward zone points and the game comes out after they expire will I not be able to use the reward zone points on that purchase?

If i pre order something with reward zone points and the game comes out after they expire will I not be able to use the reward zone points on that purchase?
... what? When you use the points they are consider used, and the item is consider paid for. It doesn't re-apply any certificates. If you had the points at time of order or fully paid for it, than it will be done and paid for. Atleast online that is.

Cool, it's back up.  I guess I was just unlocky and checked it at the wrong time.  I didn't see any advertising about it in store either.  Guess I'll probably grab all these games.  I mean, $47.99+ a $10 RC is too good to pass up.  Expecially considering I could trade them back in within the forst few weeks and probably get $40.

Wanting the promos to stack is a bit greedy isn't it?

They are a business afterall.
So wanting to save money and get the best deal you can is greedy? I guess I don't see it that way, if I can take advantage of an offer I will. I will never pass on the ability to save money just because "They are a business".

WTF First the price match policy gets nerfed and now this....no longer worth pre ordering here anymore :whistle2:( Guess I'll just go back to what I did for years:wait for prices to come down in time(considering backlog, prob not a bad thing)
I never pre order unless its for something I really really want or I get an offer for doing so that really makes it worthwhile. Ill only do it for like an atlus game where I get some bonus stuff, or for a game that I know is going to be limited like xenoblade for wii. Ill pre order maybe 5 or 6 games a year. The rest I wait for a price drop because if I wait for a price drop on 90% of the games I get then I always have stuff new to buy and I always have a influx of games. I waited a year for a game, I can wait another 3 months, no reason for me to spend 60 bucks on a game when I can just wait a little and pay half as much or even less. Besides the more I save by waiting a bit the more games I can buy.

Just letting everyone know that COD: Ghosts for X-360 and PS3 have dropped to $39.96 at walmart.com. Best Buy is running a Holiday Low Price Guarantee that started on 11/3/13 through 12/24/13 that includes post purchase price adjustments. So I really only paid $29.96 for it since I pre-order online the day before the PS3 version was released since I got the $10 for pre-ordering. 

Just letting everyone know that COD: Ghosts for X-360 and PS3 have dropped to $39.96 at walmart.com. Best Buy is running a Holiday Low Price Guarantee that started on 11/3/13 through 12/24/13 that includes post purchase price adjustments. So I really only paid $29.96 for it since I pre-order online the day before the PS3 version was released since I got the $10 for pre-ordering.
Makes no sense.. Wal-Mart has $40 for Ghosts on 360 and PS3, $50 for Ghosts on PS4 and X1.. but $60 for Wii U version?? :/

At least Amazon has it for $47

Titanfall is now on the list to get the $10 reward certificate. Stacks with GCU discount.

EDIT: Link is a few posts above mine. There's a few other places that mention it too.

The only console exclusive on the list is a 'bone game?  Bad form, BB.  Where's inFamous: Second Son to balance things out?

Titanfall is now on the list to get the $10 reward certificate. Stacks with GCU discount.

EDIT: Link is a few posts above mine. There's a few other places that mention it too.
Thanks for the bump. I have been waiting for this. Hopefully they'll add a few more.

I'll be out of town until Saturday the week Titanfall comes out. How long do I have to pick up pre-orders in regards to the certificate?

Man, even though I have a fully payed off with credit order at Gamestop I feel like I should get it at Bestbuy Instead.

Really hard to pass up $48 plus $10 credit compared to the full $60 Gamestop wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back