Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure Watch Dogs is June.

Regardless, you guys aren't even naming the stuff that's going to keep me busy - the insane glut of RPGs that's about to hit.  I'm going to need to take a month or two off of work.  :p

Pretty sure Watch Dogs is June.

Regardless, you guys aren't even naming the stuff that's going to keep me busy - the insane glut of RPGs that's about to hit. I'm going to need to take a month or two off of work. :p
They said Q1 2014, and a lot of rumors have been saying March. Also Xbox Magazine may have leaked March as the official release date.

Why would they change it because of that they are not losing money
They're not losing money by taking in 6 copies of a game at a trade-in value higher than a competitor is selling them for? Really? :whistle2:|

And that's good news about Watch Dogs, dunno why I had it in my head it was a summer release. Very excited about that, only problem will be choosing between it & inFamous!

I assume when other games (WItcher 3, Halo 5, Uncharted etc) get solid release dates then they will be added to this. Thoughts?
Nobody here is going to know. Halo 4 was apart of the preorder promo, so hopefully Halo 5 is too.

Any game they put on the list I'll likely buy day one. Getting games for $48 + $10 credit is too good to pass up. Especially if they keep TIVs at $44 after bonuses on new releases.

Anyone comment on the Titanfall $10 preorder bonus?  It shows it on the main page, but it's nowhere to be found after that (when I preordered Watch Dogs it told me again on the checkout page under "Special Offers" that it was eligible for a $10 credit)?

I am going to buy through Best Buy, just not sure if I should wait until their system is straightened out so I don't get burned.

Anyone comment on the Titanfall $10 preorder bonus? It shows it on the main page, but it's nowhere to be found after that (when I preordered Watch Dogs it told me again on the checkout page under "Special Offers" that it was eligible for a $10 credit)?

I am going to buy through Best Buy, just not sure if I should wait until their system is straightened out so I don't get burned.
It's also mentioned in the forums. http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/My-Best-Buy-quot-Get-10-quot-Gaming-Pre-Order-Offer/td-p/695766 If for some reason you don't get the points**, just send Mike-BBY a message, since he's the one that made the edit.

**You may not get the points right away. I forgot how long you're suppose to wait.

[quote name="TwistedShade" post="11464725" timestamp="1390415704"]Yeah between Titanfall and Plants VS Zombies coming out, not to mention Watch Dogs in March as well, there's so much to play right now.[/quote]

Thief is in there as well.

This has probably been answered in the past, but I didn't see it in the FAQ so....  I know it's one cert per title per member.  But do they count CE and standard versions of the same title / platform as the same?  I see 2 copies of Elder Scrolls Online in my future, one for myself & one for the wife.  

This has probably been answered in the past, but I didn't see it in the FAQ so.... I know it's one cert per title per member. But do they count CE and standard versions of the same title / platform as the same? I see 2 copies of Elder Scrolls Online in my future, one for myself & one for the wife.
It's one per member regardless of platform or if it's a CE or standard edition.

Heads up/update for those who just recently preorder south park: stick of truth, after they introduce the new $10 reward cert promo. you will not get $20. Those who preordered before they change the preorder bonus from $20 to $10 will still receive the $20. atleast that what i got from the answer.

I have confirmed that for those Unlocked customers who pre-ordered The Stick of Truth back before the Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered offer was retired for the Get $10 offer, a $20 certificate will still be awarded for your pre-order and purchase.

Pre-orders placed by My Best Buy members since that time will receive a $10 gift card in accordance with the Get $10 offer.

link for those interested in

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/Splinter-Cell-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-and-South-Park-20-credit-now-at/td-p/695713

Heads up/update for those who just recently preorder south park: stick of truth, after they introduce the new $10 reward cert promo. you will not get $20. Those who preordered before they change the preorder bonus from $20 to $10 will still receive the $20. atleast that what i got from the answer.

I have confirmed that for those Unlocked customers who pre-ordered The Stick of Truth back before the Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered offer was retired for the Get $10 offer, a $20 certificate will still be awarded for your pre-order and purchase.

Pre-orders placed by My Best Buy members since that time will receive a $10 gift card in accordance with the Get $10 offer.

link for those interested in

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/Splinter-Cell-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-and-South-Park-20-credit-now-at/td-p/695713
Thanks for this, it had sounded like if you were a member when that promo was running you would get the $20 regardless, so I recently placed a preorder for it. Going to cancel now - this game isn't a big priority for me anyway and I have too many other things I'm picking up over the next couple of months.

Thanks for this, it had sounded like if you were a member when that promo was running you would get the $20 regardless, so I recently placed a preorder for it. Going to cancel now - this game isn't a big priority for me anyway and I have too many other things I'm picking up over the next couple of months.
i wouldn't be surprise to see the game drop in price fast. i cancelled my early preorder, after they postponed the game the second time. i am surprised they are sticking to the release date this time

Got my pre-order done for Titanfall today, so bored with Ghosts and BF4.
Gonna do mine soon. I soooo fuckin hate ghosts. I wanna sell it now. Played it twice and was bored to death.

Now I gotta wait 2 years for Treyarchs cod. Damnit.

I preordered my titanfall with two giftcards and an rz cert. total was $0.00, then got an error that the amount changed.

Now one GC shows up as 0.00, the other 1.00, called best buy and she said "wait many hours and it will show back up." I said how many hours? She said oh...am...I don't know. The whole thing was in broken English. Sucks, I have no clue what to do except wait.

I preordered my titanfall with two giftcards and an rz cert. total was $0.00, then got an error that the amount changed.

Now one GC shows up as 0.00, the other 1.00, called best buy and she said "wait many hours and it will show back up." I said how many hours? She said oh...am...I don't know. The whole thing was in broken English. Sucks, I have no clue what to do except wait.
did you cancel you order?

So I get TitanFall for basically $38 after the RZ preorder and GCU. Doesn't even seem fair. I can sell it back for more than that after my free month of gold is up.

Pretty sure you still will or at least have grounds to fight them about it according to their faq:

Q10: I am currently a My Best Buy program Gamers Club Unlocked member. Do I still qualify for $20 in reward certificates for my purchases on the "Get $20 in Reward Certificates" promotion?
A10: If you are already a Gamers Club Unlocked member and pre-order any of the qualifying "Get $20 in Reward Certificates" games prior to their release date and purchase them within 7 days of when they become available, you are still eligible for $20 in reward certificates. Qualifying titles for that the "Get $20" promotion include: Grand Theft Auto V, Splinter Cell: Blacklist and South Park: The Stick of Truth.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-Promotions/My-Best-Buy-Get-10-FAQ/pcmcat308600050000.c?id=pcmcat308600050000

How would price adjustment work on for instance I preorder a game for $60 used $55 in best buy digital giftcard and reward certifies and the other $5 on a credit card then a week after the game comes out it on sale $10 cheaper for $50? So since it a $10 different but only $5 of the prder was on my credit card what would they issue the adjustment to? Just want to make sure before I place a order in case it comes up

How is Best Buy with shipping Preorders? Does it usually get delivered the day of release? I'm Planning on getting Titanfall, but I don't know if I should pick it up in store, or just have it shipped.

How is Best Buy with shipping Preorders? Does it usually get delivered the day of release? I'm Planning on getting Titanfall, but I don't know if I should pick it up in store, or just have it shipped.
I would do an in store if you want it day one. That's what I plan to do if they fix my giftcard issue

I would say 50% of the time they would send it out the day before release and the other 50% the day of release.

I have free expedited shipping as Elite Plus and I have always recieved my preorders on release day.

i am not 100% sure, but i think you might have to cancel your order to get the amount from your gift card back.
My issue was I added a $32 and a $15 gc, order was like $4.07 because of Unlocked. Hit Submit and it processes right away but gives an error that says 'your gift card amount has changed' and now one pops up as $1.00 and the other as $0.00. Called and finally got someone who said it'd go back on there within 24-48 hours hopefully. The store couldn't do anything right away but say they would wait for someone to get back with them so they could issue me another. It's been 24 hours and no change.

Needless to say I'm thinking about cutting my losses, preordering from amazon, and just paying the extra $10 and not even worrying about a $10 rz cert that might take 3 weeks to show up eventually.

Every time I see this thread bumped, I get excited that Best Buy has added more titles to the bonus list. Oh well...
Same here. :whistle2:(

For any of you guys that Pre-Ordered Watch Dogs for the Wii U it will be delayed furthermore then the rest of the other versions

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/watch-dogs-on-wii-u-will-not-launch-alongside-xbox-one-and-ps4-versions/1100-6417640/
Honestly, I'm shocked that it's coming out on the Wii U at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back