Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
If I just preorder Titanfall now will I still get the $10 certificate?
You most certainly will. I mean you have to pick it up within the 1 week window, but yea. I preordered South Park on the last day (last Monday) and didn't pick it up in store until Wednesday, and my $20 certificate went through no problem.

Can't wait to pick up my titanfall order Tuesday!!!

Yeah I preordered the Grand Wizard edition last year when Target had it for $60 and I PMd it, and then the other day I find that I got a $45 cert issued to me. Guess that pays off Wolfenstein: The New Order!

I just noticed Infamous doesn't have a $10 cert offer. That is pretty lame for one of the biggest releases of the year. Guess I'll wait till it drops.

Just got shipping notification on Titanfall. Was hoping it had already shipped considering I'm elite plus.

Anyone here doing what I'm doing. Preordering Titanfall along with the guide for $12.50 but I'm also getting the Titanfall bundle. What's the best way to sell/trade the hard copy of Titanfall? I would trade it back to BBY but the TIV sometimes takes awhile to update.

I just noticed Infamous doesn't have a $10 cert offer. That is pretty lame for one of the biggest releases of the year. Guess I'll wait till it drops.

Just got shipping notification on Titanfall. Was hoping it had already shipped considering I'm elite plus.
Did yours ship standard too? I was wondering the same thing, hadn't had a notice of shipment yet and was starting to wonder. Now it says that it has shipped but by standard not expedited. So now I don't get the game till probably Thursday or later. Not happy.

Did yours ship standard too? I was wondering the same thing, hadn't had a notice of shipment yet and was starting to wonder. Now it says that it has shipped but by standard not expedited. So now I don't get the game till probably Thursday or later. Not happy.
Its UPS but it hasnt updated so I dont know what speed was used. Southpark came Wednesday last week so hoping for the same, though Tuesday would have been nice...

Anyone here doing what I'm doing. Preordering Titanfall along with the guide for $12.50 but I'm also getting the Titanfall bundle. What's the best way to sell/trade the hard copy of Titanfall? I would trade it back to BBY but the TIV sometimes takes awhile to update.
It will most likely be a few weeks before TitanFall shows in their BBY's system. Some games are still not there months later. Complaining in the unboxed forums sometimes gets things accelerated.

Got my shipping notice for Titanfall and Dark Souls 2 as well.  Even though I am Elite Plus and chose Expedited shipping for both orders, my order status says they were both shipped via Standard.  I guess I'll wait to see where they're at when the tracking status updates...not going to be happy if the orders are not here tomorrow.

Maybe they shipped from a nearby location and will still show up tomorrow...I hope.

EDIT (Update): Looks like Titanfall will be here Wednesday, still don't know when to expect Dark Souls II.  What's the point of expedited shipping if you can't even get games on release day?

I went through some my past preorders all ordered expedited and for instance my South Park was mailed out last Monday and I received it Tuesday last week same with my bravely default that was shipped day before release so we should be fine. I also found this on best buy forum that might explain it better :

Hopefully I can add some clarification here. Per the definition of Expedited shipping on BestBuy.com, the customer should receive their order within three business days; one business day for processing and two business days for transit.

Depending on where the item(s) is coming from, and where it is being shipped to, all levels of shipping can be used with the carrier. For example if we can get the product to a customer within three business days using UPS ground service the order will ship via UPS ground. If instead we need to use some level of air service to get it to them within this three day time-frame we would then choose that level of shipping via UPS.

Don't forget select Best Buy stores are doing a midnight launch for Titanfall tonight. Going to drop by to see if my store is giving away any free swag. So DS II fans will benefit.

My preorders of Titanfall and Dark Souls II still didn't ship  :wall: I was never expecting to receive them on release day but now I'm nervous I won't get them Wednesday either. My orders usually come from Kentucky (I'm in Rhode Island).

What's the max number of  $10 reward certs they'll issue to one account? Two of my friends want to use my account because of my GCU to get TitanFall whilst I'm also getting it. That would be three total on my account. Would I get $30 in 15 days or is there some limit? Also, I heard you could get banned if you did more than three on an account (which is stupid because they're basically refusing business), so I would only let two of my friends use my account for three in total (with me).

What's the max number of $10 reward certs they'll issue to one account? Two of my friends want to use my GCU to get TitanFall whilst I'm also getting it. That would be three total on my account. Would I get $30 in 15 days or is there some limit?
Only 1 certificate per account per game.

Only 1 certificate per account per game.
So let's say I got my game and got my $10 cert, but then I also let those two friends use my account to pick up their TitanFall preorders. They'd still get the 20% off bonus, even if I'm the only one getting the $10 cert? They'll still want to use my account for the discount.

EDIT: It's a little contradicting as well.

So if said friend goes and picks up a preorder on his account, tells them he wants to use his friends GCU number, would they even allow it since it's linked to an entirely different account?

So let's say I got my game and got my $10 cert, but then I also let those two friends use my account to pick up their TitanFall preorders. They'd still get the 20% off bonus, even if I'm the only one getting the $10 cert? They'll still want to use my account for the discount.

EDIT: It's a little contradicting as well.

So if said friend goes and picks up a preorder on his account, tells them he wants to use his friends GCU number, would they even allow it since it's linked to an entirely different account?
If they already preordered it the only option would be they cancel there preorders they have already And then you order both for them And you will have to be the one to pick them up and honestly I would really hope you wouldn't have your friend say that to the employee like that since techinally you aren't supposed to share the account. Another thing to keep in mind is there is a limit of three titles can be bought for the lifetime of the account which mean if you buy yours and two copies for your friends then you already hit your lifetime limit on that specific game

I looked at OP, read the linked BB FAQ, and did a search here for "deposit" and didn't find my answers so apologies if it's common knowledge.

If I pre-order a game online using a gift card (not credit card), will they just take $5 off the gc for the deposit, or the entire purchase price?  If only $5 deposit, can I use a gc that has at least $5, but less than the total purchase price?  I don't want my pre-order to be cancelled when release day arrives if there's not enough $ on the gc...  Anyone else done this before?

I looked at OP, read the linked BB FAQ, and did a search here for "deposit" and didn't find my answers so apologies if it's common knowledge.

If I pre-order a game online using a gift card (not credit card), will they just take $5 off the gc for the deposit, or the entire purchase price? If only $5 deposit, can I use a gc that has at least $5, but less than the total purchase price? I don't want my pre-order to be cancelled when release day arrives if there's not enough $ on the gc... Anyone else done this before?
Online they will attempt to take the whole amount, the only way you could do this would be in store.

If they already preordered it the only option would be they cancel there preorders they have already And then you order both for them And you will have to be the one to pick them up and honestly I would really hope you wouldn't have your friend say that to the employee like that since techinally you aren't supposed to share the account. Another thing to keep in mind is there is a limit of three titles can be bought for the lifetime of the account which mean if you buy yours and two copies for your friends then you already hit your lifetime limit on that specific game
You sure you aren't supposed to share it? Before I had mine, I specifically asked if I could use my friends and they said yes. No questions asked.

Titanfall
Scheduled Delivery:
Wednesday, 03/12/2014, By End of Day
Anyone else who is having pre-orders not ship expedited that selected it should comment here: http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Issues-with-gaming-pre-order-shipping-improvements-needs-to-be/m-p/789704#M24418or

I've also started a new idea/suggestion thread about being disappointed that Best Buy isn't doing what pretty much all retailers do and offering release day shipping. Suggesting that it should at the very least be a perk of being GCU. If you want to help see this be a reality you should comment/give kudos on this: http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Offer-release-day-shipping-for-pre-ordered-games/idi-p/789710

Anyone else who is having pre-orders not ship expedited that selected it should comment here: http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Issues-with-gaming-pre-order-shipping-improvements-needs-to-be/m-p/789704#M24418or

I've also started a new idea/suggestion thread about being disappointed that Best Buy isn't doing what pretty much all retailers do and offering release day shipping. Suggesting that it should at the very least be a perk of being GCU. If you want to help see this be a reality you should comment/give kudos on this: http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Offer-release-day-shipping-for-pre-ordered-games/idi-p/789710
I think saying most other retailers have release date delivery is a little too generous. I haven't researched this, but I know many do not. Considering I am getting the game from Best Buy for a net of about $38 it seems weird to complain that they aren't spending extra money to get it to me faster (yes I realize that I did pay to get those discounts). I specifically chose in-store pickup because I didn't expect them to get it to me on release day. For Amazon, Gamestop and other retailers that don't give me $22 of discounts, I do expect release date delivery. I'd love Best Buy to do expedited delivery, but I would also like them to stay in business.

I think saying most other retailers have release date delivery is a little too generous. I haven't researched this, but I know many do not. Considering I am getting the game from Best Buy for a net of about $38 it seems weird to complain that they aren't spending extra money to get it to me faster (yes I realize that I did pay to get those discounts). I specifically chose in-store pickup because I didn't expect them to get it to me on release day. For Amazon, Gamestop and other retailers that don't give me $22 of discounts, I do expect release date delivery. I'd love Best Buy to do expedited delivery, but I would also like them to stay in business.
What extra money? They just need to ship sooner. It's purely operational. These sit in a warehouse for a week or two, then finally get shipped on the Monday before release. Ship on Friday and problem solved.

Store pick up isn't an option for everyone all the time.

What extra money? They just need to ship sooner. It's purely operational. These sit in a warehouse for a week or two, then finally get shipped on the Monday before release. Ship on Friday and problem solved.

Agreed. GameStop for the most part day one delivers on most titles. Also best buy mailed out my game on Thursday and isn't even gonna be here til Wednesday. It was already in my state yesterday! -_-

Sorry, I suppose I don't understand some of the behind the scenes stuff with pre-release shipping. I assumed that they weren't even allowed to ship it until a certain date since my experience with Amazon is that they seem to ship it overnight the day before release rather than shipping a few days early. If it's as simple as changing the ship date in the warehouse and not a complicated agreement with the publisher, etc., then I agree that it's pretty dumb for retailers to wait so long.

You sure you aren't supposed to share it? Before I had mine, I specifically asked if I could use my friends and they said yes. No questions asked.
Pretty sure it says something about people are not supposed to share their account with others outside of their household. What you could do is preorder it online for in store pick up on your account and have them as the pick up person which would allow them to get their copy by just bringing their id and copy of the ready for pick up e-mail. You are still limited to the one $10 cert and 3 title per lifetime limit on your account though.

My point only applies to when store pick up is an option, but I pick this option whenever possible.  You guarantee release date availability, CE's are in better condition since they aren't shipped in envelopes to stores and midnight launches come with free swag.

Just looking through the list of eligible games in the OP, why the heck is Dying Light $59.99 for XB1/PS4, but only $49.99 for 360/PS4?

Not complaining, just curious.  That's ends up being $30+tax (after 20% discount and $10 cert).  Not bad.  Can always cancel if the reviews are bad.

I didn't get an email from Best Buy saying my item is ready for pick-up, but when I go to order details, it does say it is ready for pick-up. Never had that happen though.

Just looking through the list of eligible games in the OP, why the heck is Dying Light $59.99 for XB1/PS4, but only $49.99 for 360/PS4?

Not complaining, just curious. That's ends up being $30+tax (after 20% discount and $10 cert). Not bad. Can always cancel if the reviews are bad.
It'll be like Dead Island. In other words, it'll be less than $40 for XB1/PS4 after a month.

Outside of Titanfall, I plan on picking up Wolfenstein and Destiny. Watch Dogs is still up in the air. Don't they usually add new titles after mid-Summer?

You have my vote. Same thing happened to me.

I was actually thinking about putting an idea like that up, for free release date delivery on games (even if it's only GCU), since that would beat always running to the stores for pick ups for me. So +1 from me!

Quick question. Was Dark Souls II part of the $10? I just picked it up (not without a bunch of dumb bullshit with the).

Anyone else still not have any points pending for South Park? I pre-ordered last October, game shipped on the 3rd, received it on the 5th and still nothing showing up in my account. 

Just called Elite Plus line and girl said she found the order, it was tied to my account and should post by the 23rd? Yet, I'm seeing people here who already have the points AND extra pre-order certificate issued? WTF? 

Anyone else still not have any points pending for South Park? I pre-ordered last October, game shipped on the 3rd, received it on the 5th and still nothing showing up in my account.

Just called Elite Plus line and girl said she found the order, it was tied to my account and should post by the 23rd? Yet, I'm seeing people here who already have the points AND extra pre-order certificate issued? WTF?
it can take up to 15 days some people got it two days after some 4 days and others a week but it should post within 15 days and the reps can't help either until at least that 15 day period is up

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back