Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about you guys, but I'm actually looking forward to playing Wolfenstein after picking it up tomorrow. :bouncy:
I am too! There have been less and less good SP-centered games lately, the trend has been towards more throwaway MP-only games, which is a shame.

Having said that, I'm expecting to feel a bit uneasy when I finally get to play tomorrow; looks to have some disturbing stuff. Can't wait to try it out with my new Gold headset though!

If you have already $80 million invested & it`s broken but there`s a way to salvage the title by adding up to another $20 million. A 8-14 month delay along with adding money makes the game complete. Even if the game only sells 1 million copies at $60 a pop the franchise can become productive & profitable. A larger company may like the game in principal & buy them out then put their own team behind the fanchise & make it better.

If the final product never makes it to consumers there`s less of a chance for anything.

Sometimes you have no choice but to cut & run but I`d have to think failures are duds long before there`s a heavy cash investment but bad decisions are made along the way.
I think you misunderstood my definition of "cut and run." I meant that a publisher often chooses to just finish a game and ship it as cheaply as possible rather than continuing to pour money into it. I have a feeling a lot of games reach a point where a lot of moving parts are put together long after a lot of money has been spent. It's at that point that a developer and publisher has to decide if it's working well enough to continue fixing, improving, and polishing or if it's time to get it out the door and move on. I'm sure that's quite the over-simplification, but it is a business reality.

To your interpretation, yes, some games do get canceled altogether and I suppose those publishers may have sniffed out the problems a lot earlier (before too much money was spent) on those projects.

Also, it's important to note that publishers don't make $60 a pop. I'll bet they are lucky to make $30 a game and it's probably less than that. A lot of people don't realize (or just don't think about) that retail and surrounding costs takes a big chunk of the equation. This is a major reason why we need to be 100% digital for the industry to really improve. That being said, i'll go physical as long as possible because that's what's financially best for consumers (at least for now).

The Wolfenstein review embargo will be released at 9:00pm pacific time tonight. So in case anyone In the pacific time zone want to check out review for it before last minute preordering it

I got my ready for pickup email for Wolfenstein!!!!

Any chance the wolfenstein 20 will post in time to preorder watch dogs with it? Usually it takes around a week,,,,
Pre-order the game you want about 16 days before release and the points will post to your account in about 3-7 days after pickup in my experience. I pre-ordered Wolfenstein on 4/17 so Im expecting to get the bonus cert in time for WatchDogs.

Well looks like my watch dogs for ps4 isn't available for pickup...because I have a terrible best buy I guess. I had them ship it to me. I'll have to pick it up somewhere and then take the other one back when it arrives. Oh well.

Does anyone know when Wolfenstein $20 Preorder Cert expired.  I preordered my copy this past Sunday and it shows that I will only receive $10 cert. 

Wolfenstein: The New Order PRE-ORDER UPDATE ABOUT THE EXTRA $5 on top of the $20:

The emails with the eGift Cards are scheduled to be sent out to pre-order customers on 5/23/14.

Hey what is the odds we end up with $35 Back instead for Wolfenstein? lol Cause it still showing both $10 and $20 Both on the Special Offers Section. and then there also the $5 E-Gift Card

ArZOzVI.png

In for a pre-order on Wolfenstein, with the $20 + $5 in gift card (plus possibly another $10, depending on how it goes down), with the 20% off via GCU, and a $10 gift card used on the purchase.

Can't pass that up, unless it's a completely horrible game.  The ArsTechnica.com link I posted makes it sound like it can't be too horrible, so that makes it worth taking a chance on it.

In for a pre-order on Wolfenstein, with the $20 + $5 in gift card (plus possibly another $10, depending on how it goes down), with the 20% off via GCU, and a $10 gift card used on the purchase.

Can't pass that up, unless it's a completely horrible game. The ArsTechnica.com link I posted makes it sound like it can't be too horrible, so that makes it worth taking a chance on it.
that is not saying much. the game is basically an improved updated version of doom bgf edition.

Looks solid so far.

----

I'm hoping they add Diablo III: Ultimate Evil to the pre-order bonus list when they finally add it to their site.

7148dUWSRdL._SL1000_.jpg
it very doubtful cause technically it isn't a new game just a port with a expansion. It would be like a pre-order bonus for rayman legends or tomb raider definitive version.

basically , dishonored with more guns, with the stealth aspect, which i hated. thank god for the $25 total rewardzone certif+ e gift card

fuck. I totally didn't realize Best Buy doesn't have free release day shipping. My copy of Wolfenstein isnt supposed to come in until the 28th. fuck that. I'll be playing Watch Dogs by then. Went to pick up a copy to play today and I'll return the copy that ships when I go pick up Watch Dogs.

I think you misunderstood my definition of "cut and run." I meant that a publisher often chooses to just finish a game and ship it as cheaply as possible rather than continuing to pour money into it. I have a feeling a lot of games reach a point where a lot of moving parts are put together long after a lot of money has been spent. It's at that point that a developer and publisher has to decide if it's working well enough to continue fixing, improving, and polishing or if it's time to get it out the door and move on. I'm sure that's quite the over-simplification, but it is a business reality.

To your interpretation, yes, some games do get canceled altogether and I suppose those publishers may have sniffed out the problems a lot earlier (before too much money was spent) on those projects.

Also, it's important to note that publishers don't make $60 a pop. I'll bet they are lucky to make $30 a game and it's probably less than that. A lot of people don't realize (or just don't think about) that retail and surrounding costs takes a big chunk of the equation. This is a major reason why we need to be 100% digital for the industry to really improve. That being said, i'll go physical as long as possible because that's what's financially best for consumers (at least for now).
Seems like the way we get screwed is they ship junk & they try to patch it on the backend like Dead Island or other day 1 patches. oh yeah the $60 breakdown has been broken down alot since the $48 GCU. $30 maybe real high considering some of what I read.
http://www.unrealitymag.com/index.php/2011/04/29/how-your-60-video-game-is-chopped-up/

http://www.alteredgamer.com/free-pc-gaming/21118-why-are-video-games-so-expensive/

100% digital will backfire look no further the Sony PSN hack. There will a kid who gets grounded, his "friends" will tease him that they can play COD 2025 & he`ll crash the whole network out of spite. Plus, removing retailers from the sales structure will certainly hurt to as ads won`t push a game the way a real game rep can. Until online access is much faster & cheaper alot of people will be on the outside looking in. Outside the states in certain countries their internet blows ours away.

Good idea but you put it in the wrong area to get it added, they just tell you wait & see for future offer updates. Ideax is where you wanna post it.

After reading the weekly ad I can see why they didn`t add a $10 promo to Watchdogs they already have "offers" associated with the game. Would rather have the $10 but can`t win em all.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Added-promotions-with-Watchdogs/idi-p/806346

it very doubtful cause technically it isn't a new game just a port with a expansion. It would be like a pre-order bonus for rayman legends or tomb raider definitive version.
This new version is getting a release on all platforms though. I wouldn't be surprised either way.

I'm surprised that they haven't added Dragon Age Inquisition to the list, and surprised they did add Halo 5. I guess they want those pre-order numbers sky-high.

Can't remember..if I order from BBY for shipping..release day delivery?
Nope, I think you have to be like an elite member or pay extra for that. Case in point. My copy of wolfenstein won't be here till next wednesday. Always always always go for instore pick up.

Pick up it is..maybe I will get lucky and they will do a midnight release.

Also, have they always charged tax with giftcards?

Only RWZ can make a bill tax free?

Pick up it is..maybe I will get lucky and they will do a midnight release.

Also, have they always charged tax with giftcards?

Only RWZ can make a bill tax free?
yes. Gift Cards is like normal currency therefore still taxes on your total. Reward Certificates doesn't act like currency but instead is processed as a coupon therefore why Reward Zone Certificates will always reduce taxes on a total when used.

Good idea but you put it in the wrong area to get it added, they just tell you wait & see for future offer updates. Ideax is where you wanna post it.

After reading the weekly ad I can see why they didn`t add a $10 promo to Watchdogs they already have "offers" associated with the game. Would rather have the $10 but can`t win em all.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Added-promotions-with-Watchdogs/idi-p/806346
Thank you, I've now put it in the right forum.

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Add-EA-Sports-UFC-to-Preorder-and-Get-10-in-Reward-Certificates/idi-p/811512

Please kudo it, hopefully we can get it.

Nope, I think you have to be like an elite member or pay extra for that. Case in point. My copy of wolfenstein won't be here till next wednesday. Always always always go for instore pick up.
I'm an elite member, and I don't get release day delivery. Maybe elite plus gets that perk?

This may not be the relevant thread to ask, but the only other one I was considering appears to be buried amongst others:

I just noticed that my GCU membership now says "My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked through 5/7/2015" when I remember it being "10/7/2015" not too long ago. Is there some reason my membership was shortened by 5 months? I'm still waiting for it to say the correct expiration date of "10/7/2016" because I bought the additional two years for $30 after renewing last October (that secured my GCU status through 2014, so the additional two years should secure it through 2016).

This may not be the relevant thread to ask, but the only other one I was considering appears to be buried amongst others:

I just noticed that my GCU membership now says "My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked through 5/7/2015" when I remember it being "10/7/2015" not too long ago. Is there some reason my membership was shortened by 5 months? I'm still waiting for it to say the correct expiration date of "10/7/2016" because I bought the additional two years for $30 after renewing last October (that secured my GCU status through 2014, so the additional two years should secure it through 2016).
Hmm...dafuq, I'm experiencing this as well it seems--Mine's been shortened to expire in May as well (granted mine expires in 2018, but still, wtf; used to say it was gonna expire in fall '18).

Hmm...dafuq, I'm experiencing this as well it seems--Mine's been shortened to expire in May as well (granted mine expires in 2018, but still, wtf; used to say it was gonna expire in fall '18).
Mine still shows November 2015, so it's not everyone.

Well Wolfenstein updated on my MyBestBuy account and it says 500 points instead of 1000 for the victory can be pre-ordered bonus....

Hopefully Best Buy fixes this without having to call/e-mail them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back