Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
^ same here, it's been a couple days and doesn't show pending points. When I pre-ordered Wolfenstein it appeared the day after. Also, if I ordered in store pick up for watch dogs does the pre order bonus (Breakthrough pack) get emailed or should it have been on the receipt?
Usually the code gets emailed. I ordered online and rec'd the code via email. I have done other pre-orders in store where any preorder bonuses(codes) are also emailed day of release as long as they have your email address on file.

^ same here, it's been a couple days and doesn't show pending points. When I pre-ordered Wolfenstein it appeared the day after. Also, if I ordered in store pick up for watch dogs does the pre order bonus (Breakthrough pack) get emailed or should it have been on the receipt?
My code got emailed out to me around 10 minutes after I did the pickup at my local store.

Thanks guys, I guess I have to call best buy about my pre order bonus cause I never got that email. I'm going to wait a few days before I call about that $10 certificate.

Did anybody have any issues with Watch Dogs if they did an instore preorder? The first time they tried to ring me up it didn't take off the $5 deposit, and now that I go back and think about it, I'm pretty sure it didn't the second time.I had traded in Wolfenstein so I had $36.xx on a gift card, the $5 figurine coupon from that, and the $5 deposit. With GCU it should have been $47.99 - $36.xx -$5 -$5. I eneded up having to pay $8ish.

So now I'm wondering if it's registering as picking up my preorder.

My Watch Dog transaction posted and I did not receive the bonus points. Called up and the rep said to wait 7 days and see what happens. I am pretty sure I am going to have to call back since the transaction is not pending anymore, i doubt the bonus points will show up.

My Watch Dog transaction posted and I did not receive the bonus points. Called up and the rep said to wait 7 days and see what happens. I am pretty sure I am going to have to call back since the transaction is not pending anymore, i doubt the bonus points will show up.
For gosh sakes, GIVE IT TIME. My Wolfenstein preorder originally processed (not pending, PROCESSED) without the bonus points, then only 500 appeared a few days later, then the remaining 500 appeared a few days after that.

Be. Patient. Please.

I see the cash I spent ($21) points pending (rest was GC and rewards money) I have little doubt or fear my 500 points will post later next week or the following week. I haven't pre ordered a ton of games with $10 back but they all took a week or two to process in the past. My regular points always post late in the evening on they day they say they will be available. So If it says points 42 points points will available around 6/11. I bet they will post after BB closes on 6/11.

If my 500 points aren't there by 6/12 I will call them and they will very likely just post the points to my account that day.

I also did a review for the game yesterday and my 25 points for that do not show at all. Last review I did it took 4 or 5 days. I am sure they will show up in a few days.

Don't panic yet.

For people who have sunk some time into Watch Dogs... Does it get better? I've played a few story missions and probably one of each of the side missions. It's just not grabbing me (I think GTA5 ruined me for open world games). Pretty tempted to hop on the $44.80 trade value and make a profit on the rental.

For people who have sunk some time into Watch Dogs... Does it get better? I've played a few story missions and probably one of each of the side missions. It's just not grabbing me (I think GTA5 ruined me for open world games). Pretty tempted to hop on the $44.80 trade value and make a profit on the rental.
all you gain from completing more mission later on is unlocking stuff like weapon, and skills.

I've heard it gets better in the second half, though I can't offer a personal opinion yet.

My Watch Dog Purchase Points was pending, but I didn't see bonus points. I contacted Elite Support by Email and she said she didn't see any bonus points applied to my account so she added points to my account manually.

I still have yet to get either of the 500 points on my Wolfenstein pre-order :/.

I still have yet to get either of the 500 points on my Wolfenstein pre-order :/.
check the date of when you pre ordered it and check there. Most people make the mistake of thinking it added as it own item but the points will show added or pending underneath the transaction on the day the pre order was placed

Did anybody have any issues with Watch Dogs if they did an instore preorder? The first time they tried to ring me up it didn't take off the $5 deposit, and now that I go back and think about it, I'm pretty sure it didn't the second time.I had traded in Wolfenstein so I had $36.xx on a gift card, the $5 figurine coupon from that, and the $5 deposit. With GCU it should have been $47.99 - $36.xx -$5 -$5. I eneded up having to pay $8ish.

So now I'm wondering if it's registering as picking up my preorder.
I used a gift card to put down part of the initial $5. I checked My.bestbuy.com and it said I paid like $46 before tax, but on my receipt it has the 47.99-$5.

check the date of when you pre ordered it and check there. Most people make the mistake of thinking it added as it own item but the points will show added or pending underneath the transaction on the day the pre order was placed
I appreciate the comment, unfortunately that's not the issue. I've been part of GCU since pretty much the very beginning of the program, and up until the new GCU revamp all my bonus points used to post within 1-2 business days after the item shipped or was picked up in-store. Since the changes in GCU, it usually takes between 20-30 days for my points to post.. I'll wait another two weeks and if the points haven't shown up by then I will go ahead and reach out to MyBestBuy.

Has anyone who preordered and picked up Wolfenstein gotten their $5 egift card yet?

I thought it was supposed to be emailed by the 28th, but I never got it.

Has anyone who preordered and picked up Wolfenstein gotten their $5 egift card yet?

I thought it was supposed to be emailed by the 28th, but I never got it.
got mine on the 23rd as well. My $20 Wolfenstein cert just posted yesterday.

Sadly, my Watch Dogs order is showing up as pending but no sign of the 500 points :whistle2:(. I'll give it a few days to see what happens.

Points for watch dogs finalized the day after I bought it but no pre-order points have posted yet.

B/C I preorder games a month+ before release, the bonus points normally post within a few days of me picking it up but not this game.

Any of you guys having trouble logging into your RWZ account?
I just logged into mine about 10 minutes ago just fine as usual. I know a few days ago though some people were having trouble with there accounts signing in but it fixed itself after some time in the day passed.

Any of you guys having trouble logging into your RWZ account?
I had a lot of problems this weekend. I finally got in once I linked by RWZ account with my Best Buy account (which has been linked for a long time already). Very weird, but I just assumed it was a temporary glitch. Since then it has worked fine.

Also, FYI, I pre-ordered Watchdogs on 1/25/2014 and still don't have any points pending. I see others posting similarly, so this it to let you know you're not alone. I plan to wait it out for another week or so and then contact customer service, if needed.

My bonus points for watch dogs still haven't showed up. Gonna give it a few more days but might have to call which is strange since I've never had a problem before.

My bonus points for watch dogs still haven't showed up. Gonna give it a few more days but might have to call which is strange since I've never had a problem before.
Neither do I and I preordered the game on March 27. Just give it til next Tuesday, then call. It'll be 14 days, but you should at least have them pending by then.

Why Friday? Why not the 15 days they clearly state?
Seriously. WTF is so hard in waiting the 15 days? Has ANYONE reported getting the 500 bonus points yet for Watch Dogs? They haven't given the points out yet. No need to call yet. If after 15 days you don't have the points call. They will make it right.

This happened before, back when they first did this with $20 gift certs and the CS rep I got last time told me It would be fixed within a week, but it actually took another month. I had to call again to let them know, and was told that next time, to call sooner rather than later to get the points so I wouldn't take as long to get corrected, Despite the fact I called after the first two weeks. 

You guys are on Office Space levels of jumping to conclusions.

Looks like Best Buy is forcing some folks to link their myBestBuy accounts with their .com accounts.  The myBestBuy website wouldn't let me log in today.  I didn't want to bother calling CS so I went to my .com account and it asked me to verify my phone number with the corresponding myBestBuy (Reward Zone) account before I could access my points history through the .com interface.  Once I figured out my number and confirmed it through my registered email address, I was able to link my two accounts and it allowed me to log into myBestBuy from there. 

So just FYI for any folks monitoring their myBestBuy that has not linked their account online to the main website just yet.  Looks like system is going to force you to do that sooner than later.

I went through that linking nonsense the other day.  One of the DOTD.  I think for Saints Row 4.  Wonder if you are right and this is tripping people up now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back