Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I had messaged bestbuy about points not being properly added for watchdogs, 4 days later I got them and a bonus 500 for the delay.

Ymmv.

Man, Halo for $48 with a $10 RZ. That's really ridiculous. That's an absolute steal! Only five more freaking months now...
only better deal is if you were able to turn $4.45 in GS credit into $50 at MS Store on a preorder of this :D/

Of course, I'll probably get a copy from BB as well for the $10 cert and preorder bonus. TIV should be $40ish for a couple weeks after release!

Nice list here. will definitely get GTA 5, DA: I, FC IV, AC 5, COD: AA,

On the fence with these but will probably get em too.  Evolve, NBA 2k15, SIM 4. 

with GCU and $10 back, BBY's getting all my holiday gaming monies.

Why if I may ask? I tried the beta and definitely felt underwhelmed.. plus BF doesnt have the best track record after the mess that bf4 for the first few months...
Unlike BF4, Hardline runs perfect on my PS4. The two cops vs. robbers games are a blast to play. The action is wild, crazy fun. And that is with the single map and two styles of games. Also the upgrade system is good.

Basically Battlefield Hardline is really fun.
I still can't get BF4 play great but haven't had a single issue with Hardline and this is Beta. I don't swear off a company because a past games had bugs. If I did then I wouldn't play much at all.

I contacted the best buy elite number and asked them if I pre-ordered the UFC game would they add the Blu-ray they said no and I had to cancel my order and reorder it on Sunday to get the promotion
the weekly ad says one day only. Im still trying to figure out how to get the dlc and the bluray.

This is RIDICULOUS!!!!

So I've pre-ordered just about every game on this list 2 months ago and though I knew they'd charge my card (pending) then remove it after BUT they are constantly keeping these charges pending and rotating.

I've got over $700 on my debit card pending from Bestbuy right now.   

WAY over the top... what is the point?

Reminds me of Gamestop who would charge my cards twice (once for pending, then again when it ships) making me wait 2 weeks to see the pending purchases drop off.

There isn't a point in pre-ordering these games MONTHS in advance anymore.   I'll just pre-order these when it gets closer.

Seems that these promo's always have MORE added anyways when things get closer to launch.   Bonus deals on top of the GCU + $10 deal.   

Not to mention that Wolfenstein, Watch Dogs and MK8 all got here 2-7 days after the release date.   I might as well pre-order these in store if I want to play them right away anyways.

(I totally understood the whole pending charge and even the random checks to see if the card was active but this is over the top with constant rotating checks on my card)

/ENDRANT

Ha ha ha...

Bestbuy won't even allow me to cancel these pre-orders if there is a pending charge on my card.  

I'll have keep an eye out and cancel them when I can.

Fun Times!

Why if I may ask? I tried the beta and definitely felt underwhelmed.. plus BF doesnt have the best track record after the mess that bf4 for the first few months...
I agree with this, but I'm not really a fan of shooter pvp games so it would have taken a lot for me to like it. One really annoying thing about it is there are cars parked all over the map, even police cars and you can't get in them, seems odd. On the other hand Destiny Alpha is fantastic, I went from lukewarm to way excited for this game.

For some reason if i go in store to pre order Halo Master Chef collection it isn't showing the $10 reward ticket. Also it isn't under the other offers thing on the website. 

they did? I see it on the main page of $10, but it's not on Halo's individual page.
I edited my post but i swear I saw it gone when I was looking through it was gone earlier going to try to find the page. Also on their forums they don't have the master chef collection added.

Wow, they did remove it...

Dang, I knew I should've just put in the pre-order last night. Maybe they would've honored the $10? Oh well

This is RIDICULOUS!!!!

So I've pre-ordered just about every game on this list 2 months ago and though I knew they'd charge my card (pending) then remove it after BUT they are constantly keeping these charges pending and rotating.
I've got over $700 on my debit card pending from Bestbuy right now.
WAY over the top... what is the point?
/ENDRANT
It's stuff like this that keeps me preordering on Amazon.

Once again I'm having Best Buy issues I'm getting tired of the issues they seem to be having. Just today I cashed out a $5 certificate and it gave me an error message saying they couldn't cash certificates right now and to try again later. So I opened the site again and I'm down the 250 points and it says I cashed them for a certificate but my account doesn't have any on it.

I keep thinking about GCU but I keep remembering all the BB drama with missing points, late orders, slow employees. I may be better off saving my $60 and waiting for price drops on amazon.

Add to the mess of having $700 constantly pending on my card is that they took away all my points from Wolfenstein.   Got them fine, then just POOF... 1,000 pts less and sure enough, removed from my Wolf order.

Best Buy continues to half-arse their approach to video games.

* games coming and going off of their $10 certificate Pre-Order promotion

* inconsistent and/or lengthy delays in said $10 certificate being issued to customers

* large numbers of customer service desk employees still unfamiliar with the video game Trade-In procedures & rules

If you think about it, there are bumps literally everywhere from start to finish with the Best Buy cycle.  Trading-In games rarely goes as smoothly as it should, as the customer (!) may need to educate staff on the trade-in process.  Pre-Ordering games is complicated by the fact that the game the customer wants may - or may not - be a part of the $10 promotion on the day the customer wants to pre-order it.  And after purchasing the game, the wait is on 'til the customer actually gets their $10 certificate - and has six weeks (or so) to use it.

Nope-4.gif

I guess I must be the only person who things go smooth for.
Na. Only problem I've ever had at BB was the GCU renewal fiasco. But that worked out fine. Incompetent employees in-store are everywhere, honestly, and it often works in the buyers favor anyways. Not saying others aren't having issues, but I've never had any.

I went ahead and pre-ordered Halo with it being still listed on the $10 page. If they weren't to add it later on, I'll take a screenshot to ask then. If not, I still can't complain for $48 for Halo...

I always come out ahead with BB GCU deals. I'd actually pay the full $120 if I had to looking at in hindsight. Locking in 4 years at $30 earlier this year was helluva deal. Aside from monitoring my 1,000 point awards from time to time, I only have issues once in a great awhile so I guess I'm just fortunate.

::shrug::

I love gcu. No problems People just really enjoy complaining.
Especially when your CC or order gets messed up. I think we've all heard enough stories about BB credit card/preorder disappearing/double charges to know that you can get great deals at BB but buyer beware. As long as it doesn't happen to you then it would seem like a bunch of whiners, but keep knocking on wood.

I still remember the time I bought a new HP printer @ BB and found it was just a resealed box full of trash. I shop there a lot but always open boxes now before I leave the store.

I just signed up for GCU yesterday since it was $60 and was wondering which is the "official" list of games eligible for the $10 off. Theres the link at the top of this thread, and then there's the separate link accessible through your My Best Buy Account page, and there are quite a few differences between them. For instance Battlefield Hardline is listed on page #1 but not page #2, yet FIFA 15 is the other way around, listed on page #2 but not #1. Neither have the promo listed under Offers on the games' pages themselves. Can I assume that both are eligible as long as it's on one of the lists?

[quote name="MrGranger" post="11845269" timestamp="1402870921"]Especially when your CC or order gets messed up. I think we've all heard enough stories about BB credit card/preorder disappearing/double charges to know that you can get great deals at BB but buyer beware. As long as it doesn't happen to you then it would seem like a bunch of whiners, but keep knocking on wood.

I still remember the time I bought a new HP printer @ BB and found it was just a resealed box full of trash. I shop there a lot but always open boxes now before I leave the store.[/quote]

If someone can't afford to have a pending charge on a debit/credit card then they probably shouldn't be spending the extra money on video games. I've had plenty of issues with best buy but the benefits outweigh them by far.

[quote name="MrGranger" post="11845269" timestamp="1402870921"]Especially when your CC or order gets messed up. I think we've all heard enough stories about BB credit card/preorder disappearing/double charges to know that you can get great deals at BB but buyer beware. As long as it doesn't happen to you then it would seem like a bunch of whiners, but keep knocking on wood.

I still remember the time I bought a new HP printer @ BB and found it was just a resealed box full of trash. I shop there a lot but always open boxes now before I leave the store.[/quote]

That's pretty crappy about the printer though. I would be pissed!

If someone can't afford to have a pending charge on a debit/credit card then they probably shouldn't be spending the extra money on video games. I've had plenty of issues with best buy but the benefits outweigh them by far.
Seems like a pretty douchebag thing to say.

I can afford to have charges on my card but that doesn't mean I'd want a $100+ or whatever you spend charge sitting pending on my account for months until the game finally releases.

No he's right being that this is 2014 I think Best Buy could afford to fix their crappy payment system. Every other store will either charge you asap, or in Amazon's case just charge you when it ships so I don't know why Best Buy has to be the one with the broken system.

[quote name="Kazeno Katana" post="11845422" timestamp="1402875436"]Seems like a pretty douchebag thing to say.
I can afford to have charges on my card but that doesn't mean I'd want a $100+ or whatever you spend charge sitting pending on my account for months until the game finally releases.

No he's right being that this is 2014 I think Best Buy could afford to fix their crappy payment system. Every other store will either charge you asap, or in Amazon's case just charge you when it ships so I don't know why Best Buy has to be the one with the broken system.[/quote]

Take it however you want. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings. And good for you for being able to afford it! Your street cred just went up chief.

There isn't a point in pre-ordering these games MONTHS in advance anymore. I'll just pre-order these when it gets closer.
I agree with your rant on them constantly checking your card for that amount of money. I don't see a reason to preorder months in advance unless it's a limited item like a collector's edition or a bonus item at time of preorder? I remember preordering GTA V and getting that viewfinder keychain and a poster just for putting $5 down, but I don't remember any good promos like that recently. I wish they did more Steelbook promos.

I preordered Watch Dogs the night before it came out and had no problems getting my game, certificate, and preorder bonus.

Does anybody know if we can use a reward certificate for a pre-order if the certificate expires before the game comes out? I have a $25 cert that expires in August but I would like to use it toward Destiny if I can. 

Does anybody know if we can use a reward certificate for a pre-order if the certificate expires before the game comes out? I have a $25 cert that expires in August but I would like to use it toward Destiny if I can.
You can use it. Just apply the full $25 toward Destiny and you'll be fine.

i agree. Plus games frequently get delayed. I pre ordered Watch Dogs and then canceled it when it was delayed. Batman Arkham Knight too.

I agree with your rant on them constantly checking your card for that amount of money. I don't see a reason to preorder months in advance unless it's a limited item like a collector's edition or a bonus item at time of preorder?

No he's right being that this is 2014 I think Best Buy could afford to fix their crappy payment system. Every other store will either charge you asap, or in Amazon's case just charge you when it ships so I don't know why Best Buy has to be the one with the broken system.
This is probably the only thing I can say bad about BB from my experiences. And it was really only the prepaid card I was using. I took my tax return this year on a pre-paid "Emerald" card from HRBlock. Well, they only update pending charges once per month unless you call and spend time to get it taken care of. Best Buy charged me like $500 (pending charges that hadn't dropped off because of said shitty card) for 1 $64 game. Other than that instance all was good, but I still dont like the whole pending thing at all. Amazon that shit and dont charge til it ships, or just fucking charge it.

I preorder games months in advanced from bestbuy.com. they only charge you when you go to pick up the game. At least with a credit card, it may be different for debit.

If people care so much about the pending issue just go buy a gift card in the amount you need to preorder all the games. Then use that to pre order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back