Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to vent about how stupid BB handles online preorders.  I preorderd Destiny and got changed  but then after about 6 days the money was back in my account.  This morning I was just charged again, I called BB and they said they put a hold on the card and rehit the card every 7 days to validate it till the actual game is available.  I cancelled that crap and I'll go preorder it in the store for $5.

I have to vent about how stupid BB handles online preorders. I preorderd Destiny and got changed but then after about 6 days the money was back in my account. This morning I was just charged again, I called BB and they said they put a hold on the card and rehit the card every 7 days to validate it till the actual game is available. I cancelled that crap and I'll go preorder it in the store for $5.
BB pre-order system is really bad. Pay with paypal, they take the money out right away though... but no need to deal with hold on CC.

How slow are release date games shipped? I'd like to get Destiny from Best Buy with GCU, but I don't want to wait forever.
You'll probably get it a couple days after release. Some people report release day delivery, but that may be for Elite members. Store pickup is obviously release day.

I've pre ordered 4 games with bb and got all 4 on release day. The last of us is the first game that I got since becoming elite.
It really depends on the game. I've gotten some more niche titles actually a day or so early. I know they shipped out Sacred 3 today and it should be delivered to me on Monday. Nintendo stuff always seems to come way late. The last few 3DS first party games I have preordered with standard (free) shipping with Friday release dates were delivered the following Tuesday or Wednesday probably because UPS and FedEx doesn't move ground freight on weekends.

How slow are release date games shipped? I'd like to get Destiny from Best Buy with GCU, but I don't want to wait forever.
Depends on where you are. I'm elite and every single game they've shipped me has arrived the day after release, without fail. I always get in-store pickup if possible since I drive by a BB store every day.

I preordered a bunch of games in-store recently, put $5 down on each. Went to pickup the first of them, TLoUR, on Tues and they had a complete breakdown over the GCU. I swear, BB's system is retarded, so if the employee isn't really sharp they can screw the whole thing up in a heartbeat. I've been told I have multiple accounts in their system, which makes no sense to me. All of my info shows correctly on the website. Anyway, I don't know if that was the problem or not, but the girl had to get 2 more people and it took 40 mins total to pickup the game. There went my lunch hour.

I asked if I could expect that for the others, and they said "No, as long as you tell the person before they ring you up that they had trouble w/ the GCU discount last time." That doesn't inspire confidence, and I know if they end up screwing up on a $10 RZ cert game & have to do a return/rebuy, then I'll have to fight to get THAT straightened out. So I think I'm going to cancel the rest of the preorders & just place them online. It's less stressful that way.

Next week bestbuy has a trade offer for madden 25 towards madden 15. They'll give you 25$ for xbox one/ps4 copy or 15$ for 360/ps3 copy . You also get a 10$ off coupon (separate from the 10$ rz certificate for pre ordering) to use when you pick up the game . I would assume you would have to preorder and purchase the game in store to use the coupon .

Next week bestbuy has a trade offer for madden 25 towards madden 15. They'll give you 25$ for xbox one/ps4 copy or 15$ for 360/ps3 copy . You also get a 10$ off coupon (separate from the 10$ rz certificate for pre ordering) to use when you pick up the game . I would assume you would have to preorder and purchase the game in store to use the coupon .
So $25+10=$35
$60-12=$48

$48-35=13 with $10 back....Not a bad deal at all, a theoretical $3 cost to upgrade. Sucks that this is worse than GS boosting all games by 20% to become the best game in town.

Yeah definitely a nice deal for those that still have their next gen copy , or if you can find one for about 21.xx ... cough ... bday coupon ... cough .

So $25+10=$35
$60-12=$48

$48-35=13 with $10 back....Not a bad deal at all, a theoretical $3 cost to upgrade. Sucks that this is worse than GS boosting all games by 20% to become the best game in town.
Wow. Even better if you pre-ordered Madden during the special "deal" BB had a few months back. (I forget what the deal was now; 50% off entire order? B1G1? who knows...)

So $25+10=$35
$60-12=$48

How is this deal worse than GS? Just checked GS values on all versions of Madden 25 on their app:

PS4 - $7

XBX1 - $6

X360 - $5

PS3 - $5

Throw 20% on top of that and another 40% if they keep the Summer Sale Trade-In Promo in place (ends 8/17 according to the site) and you are looking at a max of $3.40 on top of the highest value (PS4). So almost $11 best case at GS vs. $25 worst case at Best Buy.

Am I reading your comment wrong?

think you might be confused, madden 25 is 25th anniversary edition of madden released last year.  Madden 15 is madden 2015, releasing aug 26th (this month).  

BB is running a promo next week where you can get $25 min trading in madden 25 towards a preorder of madden 15, GS has as you point out very low TIV for madden 25.

How is this deal worse than GS? Just checked GS values on all versions of Madden 25 on their app:

PS4 - $7

XBX1 - $6

X360 - $5

PS3 - $5

Throw 20% on top of that and another 40% if they keep the Summer Sale Trade-In Promo in place (ends 8/17 according to the site) and you are looking at a max of $3.40 on top of the highest value (PS4). So almost $11 best case at GS vs. $25 worst case at Best Buy.

Am I reading your comment wrong?
I was being sarcastic. GS just updated their Trade In system where they will be doing no bonuses besides 10% PUR and instead boost all games by 20% (supposedly). This is to make trade ins easier and worth more for all their customers, in turn making gamestop their #1 trade in destination.

As such I was mocking them because there is no way you're going to get as good a deal as this for Madden 15.

And yet another game from the $10 bonus preorder list gets bumped into 2015 - Evolve is now set for Feb. 10.  They REALLY need to add some more titles to the list that are confirmed 2014.  At this point, 4 of the titles have been bumped since being added to the list, I'm assuming Halo 5 has always been set for next year and I'm not expecting to see Elder Scroll Online this year either. :whistle2:|

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/08/05/evolve-pushed-back-to-february/

it a limit of one per account per title. even if you get two different versions you will still only receive one certificate.
has anyone actually tested this - different platform versions not giving $10rz certs - because I have a hard time believing best buy has the database tools to actually do this. Same SKU, yeah sure, but different SKUs? anyways i'll be pre-ordering both the ps4 and xbone versions after the trade in dealio this weekend, will let ya guys know what happens.

has anyone actually tested this - different platform versions not giving $10rz certs - because I have a hard time believing best buy has the database tools to actually do this. Same SKU, yeah sure, but different SKUs? anyways i'll be pre-ordering both the ps4 and xbone versions after the trade in dealio this weekend, will let ya guys know what happens.
yea it been this way for the longest and is even in the FAQ http://www.bestbuy.com/site/games-promotions/my-best-buy-get-10-faq/pcmcat308600050000.c?id=pcmcat308600050000

Q5: Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
A5: No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Can't decide if I should preorder Destiny for PS4 to get the $10 Reward Cert or buy it digitally since I have $45 on PSN
I'd buy the disk copy at bb and use some of that credit towards the expansion pass. With a game like destiny it should def be worth it

Noobies are so cute. You'll only get one cert. This has been common knowledge since they started doing this.

Can't decide should I pre order the ultimate team edition of Madden or just the regular version? My Madden 25 came in today from Amazon to trade in! :)

And what if one is the Ultimate edition? They would probably give you two then
no it will still be only one. It just like if i pre-order destiny ps4 vanilla and the destiny Limited Edition ps4 i would still only receive one certificate. It is Per Title.

Q5: Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
A5: No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat308600050000

That is so lame. All they r doing is losing money by not giving us a reward certificate for multiple titles. Now I will wait for a sale if I want to get a copy of Destiny for my xbox one to play with my friend.

And yet another game from the $10 bonus preorder list gets bumped into 2015 - Evolve is now set for Feb. 10. They REALLY need to add some more titles to the list that are confirmed 2014. At this point, 4 of the titles have been bumped since being added to the list, I'm assuming Halo 5 has always been set for next year and I'm not expecting to see Elder Scroll Online this year either. :whistle2:|

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/08/05/evolve-pushed-back-to-february/
The 2014 request thread is under review just vote & post the game(s) you want.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/idb-p/IdeaX/status-key/UnderReview

That is so lame. All they r doing is losing money by not giving us a reward certificate for multiple titles. Now I will wait for a sale if I want to get a copy of Destiny for my xbox one to play with my friend.
Having a second MBB & GC account is all you need but you`ll pay full price if the 2nd account isn`t GCU.
That`s why ppl purchased 2 GCU when they were on sale.

Actually, they lose money by selling games at the GCU discount and giving away a $10 cert. Even the largest retailers only get a 15%-20% margin on new release games from distributors, so this is purely a loss leader to get people into the store and potentially buying other games or items with higher profit margins.

This is a long shot since the game isn't even up on the website yet and last gen only Borderlands pre-sequel didn't get added, but anyone think we will see Assassins Creed:Rogue as part of this deal?

This is a long shot since the game isn't even up on the website yet and last gen only Borderlands pre-sequel didn't get added, but anyone think we will see Assassins Creed:Rogue as part of this deal?
if previous assasin creed titles are any indication, chances are pretty high it will be added

Meh, I'll still milk it. 

I'll basically get the Madden I keep for an even swap-- $27.50 + $10 off + $10 cert = $47.50 towards the GCU price of $48 which is almost an even swap. Take away the $10 cert and it's like you're paying $10 which I'll re-flip to best buy at some point for $40.

With so many games getting delayed, hopefully that convinces them to add a few more. Dragon Age failed on its own, but maybe they'll reconsider if it keeps coming up.

Actually, they lose money by selling games at the GCU discount and giving away a $10 cert. Even the largest retailers only get a 15%-20% margin on new release games from distributors, so this is purely a loss leader to get people into the store and potentially buying other games or items with higher profit margins.
For CAG yes but not those who paid $120 they gotten spend before they`re even & the $10 is partly subsidized so it`s really only $5 to BB.

Yeah, I did that a couple weeks back. Been watching that thread since, but I have my doubts that it will make any difference.
They`ll do more 2014 games in one way or another they invested heavily in fall marketing dollars so that money will be moved to promote other fall titles. The question is what games.

Depends on where you are. I'm elite and every single game they've shipped me has arrived the day after release, without fail. I always get in-store pickup if possible since I drive by a BB store every day.

I preordered a bunch of games in-store recently, put $5 down on each. Went to pickup the first of them, TLoUR, on Tues and they had a complete breakdown over the GCU. I swear, BB's system is retarded, so if the employee isn't really sharp they can screw the whole thing up in a heartbeat. I've been told I have multiple accounts in their system, which makes no sense to me. All of my info shows correctly on the website. Anyway, I don't know if that was the problem or not, but the girl had to get 2 more people and it took 40 mins total to pickup the game. There went my lunch hour.

I asked if I could expect that for the others, and they said "No, as long as you tell the person before they ring you up that they had trouble w/ the GCU discount last time." That doesn't inspire confidence, and I know if they end up screwing up on a $10 RZ cert game & have to do a return/rebuy, then I'll have to fight to get THAT straightened out. So I think I'm going to cancel the rest of the preorders & just place them online. It's less stressful that way.
I been doing pre-order online through BB website and paying with paypal on all of my pre-order. No problem so far. A rep that work at best buy knows me say their system from the store will get revamp soon. Might help with future pre-order in store and picked up... Who know if that is the case, but one can hope. :pray:

I been doing pre-order online through BB website and paying with paypal on all of my pre-order. No problem so far. A rep that work at best buy knows me say their system from the store will get revamp soon. Might help with future pre-order in store and picked up... Who know if that is the case, but one can hope. :pray:
Yeah, that's what I've been doing too but I decided to try this because it would allow me to pay for the game at the time of pickup with whatever method(s) I want (RZ certs received since the preorder was placed, etc). But it's not worth the hassle. I swung by at lunch & canceled all the preorders I placed in-store.

just a heads up cos i know some people were concerned they had gone over their GCU limit

Enuf has been passing along the WRONG information about pokemon x and y, and subsquently, pokemon ruby and sapphire

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/Question-Regarding-GCU-Limit/td-p/829128/page/2
They actually just changed that in the past week. So, no, he hasn't been passing wrong info.

It's now 3 per year per title per platform. (CEs still count same as vanilla though)

They actually just changed that in the past week. So, no, he hasn't been passing wrong info.

It's now 3 per year per title per platform. (CEs still count same as vanilla though)
Enuf has been saying pokemon x and y are the same title, which is flatout wrong.

edit: the change is irrelevant cos, according to Enuf, you would only be able to buy a max of 3 pokemons (in any combination).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back